Falling

Selective Mute

 

I'm so sorry for the super late update. ^^;;

---

            The two soon grew fond of each other as they spent more and more time together. Tiffany had adjusted to her new home and Taeyeon had adjusted to her new roommate. They were slowly growing inseparable, even if they didn’t realize it themselves.

 

Tiffany’s heart was slowly clearing up all the pain, stitching up the scars and healing the bruises. She was crying less and smiling more often, just because of Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon on the other hand, found her life to be more colorful than the day before. After a tiring day of work, she would always come home to a beautiful eye-smile; it would always uplift her spirits. She was happier than ever.

 

It turns out…Taeyeon had taken the greatest risk ever.

 

“Fany?” The older girl called out as she entered the apartment. “I’m home!” Her voice echoed their home but there was still no response. Usually, the bubbly girl would immediately run towards her at the sound of the door opening, hugging Taeyeon tightly as a welcome.

 

But this time, there was not one sound of pattering feet was emitted. “Mushroom!” Taeyeon tried again but there was still no response. She decided to just walk in further, leading up to the living room where the person she’s been looking for just lying down on the couch with earphones on.

 

The shorter girl chuckled and approached her with a smile. “Since when did you know that I have something like that?” Taeyeon asked, pointing to the device in Tiffany’s hands.

 

The silent girl stood up immediately, surprised at her roommate’s presence. To make up for not greeting her earlier, she quickly wrapped her arms around the girl, hugging her as tightly as she could.

 

Taeyeon smiled widely, hugging her back as she inhales the scent she grew to be very familiar with. It was the scent that would make her stress melt away.

 

Tiffany soon pulled away, showing a bright smile to the latter and holding the music player in her hand. “Where’d you find this?” Taeyeon asked while looking at what song was she listening to.

 

The younger girl pointed to the table near the phone, right where Taeyeon left it before she went to work today. When she realized that it was her fault for not keeping it away properly, Taeyeon couldn’t be mad at her. “Alright then.” She mumbled before she got pulled by the cheerful person onto the couch, she made Taeyeon sit down before sitting right beside her.

 

Tiffany took off one earphone and placed it in Taeyeon’s nearest ear, and played a certain song. It was one of Taeyeon’s original compositions.

 

“Are you out there?

My heart is waiting for your love, no matter how long it may take

When you’re finally in my arms

I’ll never let you go

I’ll whisper I love you when you wake up

I’ll make sure you won’t get hurt

I’ll always make you feel beautiful

So please, run towards me…so we can start our journey.”

 

The silent girl beside Taeyeon smiled at her, knowing very well whose voice this is. She grabbed the dictionary from the table and flipped the pages before showing the word ‘favorite’ to her friend with a big grin.

 

“Seriously?” Taeyeon mumbled, not believing that she actually liked the song. She blushed, looking away. “This is only something I do when there’s nothing else possible.”

 

Tiffany just shook her head and gave two thumbs up, still listening to the song. Taeyeon blushed even harder at the Korean American for her continuous compliments.

 

The younger girl flipped the dictionary open once again, revealing the word ‘sing’ to Taeyeon.

 

“W-What? No, I can’t.” She denied with her whole body. Even though Taeyeon knew that there was nothing standing in her way of singing to her, she was still too shy since she hasn’t sung for anybody in her entire life. It was a secret talent.

 

But Tiffany knew how to get her way. She looked at Taeyeon with puppy dog eyes and pouted. And of course, the shorter girl knew she was defeated and started to sing.

 

Oh my love, so special and sweet

Even though I don’t deserve you, I’m selfish enough to keep you for myself

I’m full of imperfections while you have none

I know it’s bad but I can’t let you go

 

Right now, you sleep beside me, filling my heart with warmth

My smile can never be erased

Oh Heavens above, please let me have this selfish request just once”

 

As Taeyeon sang to the best of her abilities, Tiffany stared at her passionate expressions with sparkling eyes. Her heart slowed down, beating in a smooth rhythm. She didn’t know how to describe how she felt at this moment. Bliss? It wasn’t enough to express it.

 

All the silent girl thought of this moment was how lucky she is. For the first time ever, she loved her life. Just sitting here on the couch with Taeyeon singing to her—it was all she needed.

 

She silently thanked her heart for not getting too scared to be with Taeyeon. If she didn’t accept her help, where should she be right now? She didn’t want to think about it.

 

As Taeyeon sang another song, Tiffany gently placed her head on her shoulder, drifting to sleep with a smile.

 

 

---

 

“Please?”

 

“No.”

 

“Please?”

 

“No.”

 

“For me?”

 

“No.”

 

“What about me?”

 

“Even a firmer no if it’s for you.”

 

“You’re so mean.” Yuri huffed.

 

Jessica laughed, wrapping her arms around Yuri’s waist from behind. “Maybe she just wants to keep her little girlfriend a secret.”

 

Taeyeon turned to the lovey-dovey couple with a glare. “She’s not my girlfriend! We’re just friends and roommates!”

 

“You mean live-in girlfriends?” The tallest of them all teased the oldest, grinning happily. “You move so fast Taengoo-ah. Even if Jessica and I have already dated for almost a year, we still haven’t moved in with each other.”

 

The shortest clenched her fist as her irritancy reached its limit and stomped on the youngest’s foot. “Ow!” Yuri hissed in pain. “Geez, we just want to meet her. Just let us visit your apartment, Taeng!”

 

Taeyeon looked at her friends as they looked back at her with begging eyes. She knew that they’ll never stop unless they actually got what they wanted, so she thought it’s better to do it now than to prolong the inevitable. “Fine.” She sighed.

 

“Great! Jessica and I will be in your car!” Yuri said quickly and dashed to the parking lot with her girlfriend.

---

 

(Please ignore the following message if you're homophobic)

Attention LGBT community! (No need to be shy ^^)

If you have a tumblr, please hear me out~

I have made a tumblr, along with my girlfriend, and I shall posting my stories there. It's both fanfics and original stories. You'll maybe enjoy it especially if you're open to LGBT and if you are. :) also, we're accepting questions and asking some guidance if you're new to the LGBT world or something alike. The best part, you can ask anonymously. We won't judge, criticize or hate. It's a safe place. I swear ^^ 

Oh, for everyone that will check it, I'm Kaisa. My girlfriend is Taisin. Please don't be afraid! 

We made this tumblr because we see so many lost souls right now and they don't have guidance so, please, if you're lost. Ask us. We might not know what to say but we can promise that we'll be your instant friend. 

We care, I promise. We don't mind what's your situation. Remember, your still human. Your a person with a heart and soul and no one can take that away from you. 

We hope to see you there. :)