Prologue: Kris Wu Yi Fan

The Seventeenth Blood-Moon: Breaking Momentum

Fire phoenices dancing in my palm. I admire for a second, and then let it all fly. Flames splitting through air and time tell me that in this plane of reality I live in, though we need to achieve peace, aggression is one of the only ways. All the time I stress on self-control to my siblings. Thery will learn to control and also achieve maximum potential.

My joints lock into position again, and I crumble to the earth, my greatest power still glimmering in the ashes. The embers fade. I need to work everything back up again. I'm too weak. Even with this frustration built up inside me as the self-proclaimed leader of this team, I am insufficient. I punch the ground, and it sets alight. The damp soil of the morning from last night's rain lets it die out.

I think about how Tao has stopped me from correcting a rebellious Mi Young when we were seven. And even though he doesn't care if she made it to the peak of Mount Everest or drowned in a swamp, he held out his arms and he threw whips of water at my burning fists. And my fists became slack and I realised back then he could stop me. But he never did.

He could be leading us. He chooses not to. And yet I am insufficient.  

Still the prophecy must go on. I will marry Qin Taiyuan, or Taeyeon as we address her now, and we will find a way to educate people in this valley. This prophecy is of the moon. Somehow I haven't fully understood its effects. We become more restless and powerful during full moons, so much so that my usually dormant twin tried to have Mi Young strangled for her insolence and refusal to stay in her chambers.

Afraid of the females I am not. They have an advantage over me. It is unnatural. However it is in the prophecy. Until they can control it well, they will stay in their human, bodily forms. My fingers shake off the steam. I get off the ground only counting on the tendons and pistons in my calves. I watch the birds fly overhead in formation. The morning is when I am most calm. The sun rises and lets me have the heat needed to warm me. From this cliff where temple ruins run in the stalagmites and stalactites, I am hidden. The sole waterfall of this forest is straight ahead.

I do wish I were a handicapped, because what I see now is not going to help me in anything.

The waterfall's plunge pool is about three hundred meters away. I leap off the edge.

I should have known. Water rises in a wall and freezes. In the last millisecond I spin myself like a wooden top unraveling its string, right leg outwards in the hope of slowing my speed when I get it into contact with anything. My palms touch the ice, and I almost scream. The ice is a six storey wall that has to be at least seven meters thick. The ice bites and sinks into my body. It's like an electrocution for me. I dig my heels into the block of ice and pray to the sun.

I strike out with punches, not opening my eyes, until the obstacle is removed, mostly. I drop to its remains with my bleeding, frozen fists that shake and tremble. I stand, right ankle awkwardly positioned.

Two young white wolves have escaped from frolicking in the waters. Perfect, brother.

Tao is standing behind me with his arms folded. He gives a snort, and turns back for the palaces.

"You," I shudder, "Will not aid them in their disobedience."

"They deserve freedom as much as you do." he comments waywardly.

"I have my freedom. Locked in physically we are, but I am free mentally." I point out to him. He does not see my reason?

"Keep thinking that. Keep swallowing the keys to your shackles, why don't you?" he waves a hand and then three flashes. He's up the cliffs, through the mazes and thickets and standing atop a roof. The black martial arts uniform he wears a lot tears lightly in the wind. He gives a shake of his head. I think he still doesn't understand. I have all freedom I need.

I resign to walking back at a human pace, Taeyeon is at my side instantly. She takes my arm. We aren't usually this close, so clearly a peace treaty. The only relationship with constant physical contact is hers and Tiffany's. While I never recommend this, the affection is still a sign of peace.

"We didn't really mean to do such a thing, but it was a crescent moon. Perfectly safe. Won't happen again." she cites responsibly. I grunt in discomfort, watching my knuckles scab over and blood dry up on my skin.

"I hope you learn to control her." I tell her in a confident voice.

"Of course."

In this distance, a lone wolf howls in resistance.

 

AN:

Hi readers. We never really got to say hi. Some of you know me from shameless promotion from other stories and some don't. Anyhow thanks for subbing and commenting? We'll be getting through one more prologue just so everyone gets an idea of the characters and then getting in on the action. I'm Tofu. I write TaeNy and basically yuri. Sometimes I write boyxgirl and , but rarely. I'll leave seonmin97 to introduce herself in her own time yes? Enjoy.