Intruder?

What Used to Be

[Li Hua POV]

I woke up due to a bright light shining on my closed eyelids. I groaned and opened my eyes to find my arms wrapped around Lay's waist and my body overlapping over his hand that was draped over my side. My eyes widened as I felt Lay move and I tried to untangle us as quickly and quietly as possible, but I couldn't do anything quietly because of my clumsiness and his weight. Lay's hold on my body tighetened and I sighed in defeat. Suddenly, his eyes shot up and I was face to face with him, I could feel his warm breath on my face, we were centimeters apart.

"Um. Good Morning." I said stupidly, facepalming myself mentally for my lame greeting.

"Good Morning." Lay said, a smile on his face. I couldn't help but smile back. But, that didn't clear the awkwardness. I took the blanket off us and fixed my shirt and hair. I looked over at Lay and found him staring at me. My cheeks reddened and I stumbled out of bed, barely managing to stand. 

"I'll just go to the b-bathrrom." I stuttered. Why was I stuttering? It's not like I liked him, I thought of him as a brother, as close friends; but nothing else.   Slowly kicking my legs off to the side of the bed, I stood up and managed to find the long corridor. To my left, I found a room filled with broken glass, and assumed that was the bathroom. Surprisingly the sink still stood and a small mirror on the side of the wall stayed unshattered. How did this house have so many unbroken things? How is it in relatively good condition?

I wouldn't necessarily call myself a neat freak, but what I looked like right now was unacceptable. I found a clean cloth laying inside the counter underneath the sink and used some water to rinse off the soft cotten gently. With one wipe off my face, I brought the towel down and almost gagged at the amount of dirt that came off. THAT was on my face?! I quickly cleansed the rest of my face, not looking at the dirt on the cloth. After dipping the now brown piece of fabric into the sink, my gaze was met with the fancy handwritten sewn across the fabric. Discarding of the cloth, I finger combed my hair and let it down from the pony tail it was in. Ah, that was so much better. I smiled at my reflection and opened the door. 

"Hey Li Hua. Is there a bathroom here?" I was greeted by Lay as I entered the bedroom again and I quickly averted my gaze to the ground, seeing that he was shirtless. 

"Um yeah. Down the hall to your left." I gave him the directions and stumbled my way to the bed. Lay nodded and gave me a short lived grin before heading out the door. As soon as he was gone, I let out a breath of relief. Remembering my towel, I yelled "Wait! Make sure not to use my towel, it's dirty." Thinking about the towel, with it's beautiful golden lettering, suddenly, my mind broke out. I shot up from bed and ran accross the hallway to the bathroom. 

"Lay! Lay!" I pounded on the door. The door burst open and Lay stood there, still shirtless, with a worried expression on his face. I pushed passed him and inside the bathroom while grabbing out the cloth that I used from the counter under the sink.

"Do you see this?" I asked as I flipped the cloth around and pointed to the text written in the corner. Lay furrowed his eyebrows and brought the cloth closer to his face.

"It says something in english, I think." He replied, trying to comprehend the words. I took the cloth back from him and tried my best to remember the english we learned at school.

A lightbulb suddenly went off in my head as I understood the first word. I looked up at Lay, smiling widely. I ran my fingers over the cloth and straightened it out compleltely.

"It says "August 3rd, 2012 will be the end. It can't be prevented.", My mouth hung open as I finally understood the whole text. I translated it to Chinese for Lay and he had the same expression on his face. 

"We need to get out of here." He said in an urgent tone and grabbed my hand. 

"What? Why?" I barely got the chance to speak as I was dragged out by Lay. We ran down the stairs and he shoved the door open by slamming into it. Wait we didn't lock the door.

"Lay, why was the door locked?" I croaked, my voice heavy with fear. He didn't say anything and continued running with me right behind him. We got to the gate at the entrance of the house and realized that it was locked too. What was happening?

"Lay!" I yelled, trying to get his attention. He whirled around, picked me up and slung me over his shoulder suddenly.

"Hey! Let go! Lay! What are you doing?" My fist was pounding gently down his back. He ignored me and threw me over the gate. I landed with a quiet thud on the soil, and a few seconds later; he followed.

"What. the. hell." I spoke out, staring at him in the eyes. 

"I'm sorry. I think someone left that note last night. I thought I heard footsteps, but I ignored it. Someone might be after us, Li Hua." He spoke in a rush. I sat on the ground and absorbed the information in my brain.

"Come on. Let's keep walking." Lay said, helping me up. I nodded and walked next to him down the broken road. As usual I kept tripping over the cracks on the road, and Lay's arm would keep me on my feet. We walked for at least a couple of hours before finally sitting down under a tree which was barely standing. 

"Lay, we need to find out what that message and rock means." I told him, playing with the burnt grass near my feet. 

"Yeah. Don't worry Li Hua, we will." He responded.

"If you say so."  Laying on his shoulder, I closed my eyes and took a small nap, drowing out the events of the day. 

 


 

I opened my eyes and yawned tiredly. Rubbing my eyes, I looked around and saw it was evening, the sun setting behind the dark clouds.I found Lay sitting beside me, staring off. I shook him lightly and looked at me, smilng.

"You slept a while." He commented and I nodded, looking around at my surroudings. I noticed that we were on a bench now, well what was left of it. We were near a beach.

"Hey did we move while I was sleeping?" I questioned, covering my mouth as another yawn escaped from my mouth.

"Yeah, I figured you needed more sleep, so I just carried you here." I instantly felt bad. He carried me while I was sleeping like a lazy idiot.

"I'm so sorry   " I started but was interrupted by a rustling sound near the forest behind us. I froze and grabbed Lay's hand. He put his arms around my shoulders and guided me nearer to the beach.

"Stay here." He whispered and made his way across the beach and towards the forest. I shivered as I felt a gust of strong wind. I watched Lay disappear into the forest, and started panicking. I wasn't used to being alone. I put my arms around myself, trying to calm my body down from shaking. The small waves from the beach were hitting my feet, the water being cold wasn't helping. 

 

Suddenly, I felt a hand on my mouth. Instantly, I started flaling, attempting to get the hand away from my mouth. I let out muffled screams as I noticed that it wasn't Lay's arms.The hand on my mouth tightened and I moved my face left and right, trying to free myself of the person; dragging the person along with me into the water. A large wave hit me and I was submerged underwater. The person who had put their hand over my mouth was also submereged. I struggled to get out of the water, but it was no use. Swimming was not a strong point for me, nonethless physical education as a whole. The failing began more panicking when I felt someone holding me around the waist.  I floated underwater and opened my mouth, the water rushing into my lungs. There was no way someone was going to save me. My eyes closed and I couldn't feel my arms or legs anymore. Was this what dying felt like?

All at once, I felt myself being lifted up. I couldn't tell if I was dreaming, dead or alive. I felt solid ground when I was layed down. It was as though, somehow air was being filled into my lungs once again. I sat up, coughing the excess water out. 

"Are you okay?" A gentle voice asked, it felt as if an angel was talking. I looked up to see a strange, but handsome boy's face appearing in front of my eyes. 

"W-who are you?" I spoke out, coughing in between. He patted my back, then stood up. I tried to stand up, and put my arms out to balance myself. 

"You dragged me into the water! What the hell were you thinking?! Are you crazy, woman?!" 

"Li Hua! Li Hua!" I could hear Lay's familiar voice coming near to me and I turned around. I could see his figure in the darkness and ran to him, wrapping my arms around him. "Lay! Where were you?" My emotions rushed forward as I embraced him gently as he patted my back comfortingly. "Out. Let me introduce you to someone I found." I immediatly let go of his arms and found myself face forward with a feminine looking girl. She gave me a light smile and I waved back politely.

"Lu Han. I'm Lu Han." My thoughts were interuppted as the boy introduced himself, sticking his hand out.

Turning my back around, I stared at the boy who had just introduced himself. 

"You can call me Li Hua."
 


A/N: Sorry for not updating in a while D: But, now there will be frequent updates and the story will get much more interesting now that Lu Han has been introduced. Stay tuned. :D AND COMMENT.

Twofourtwo & JieJia