Familiarizing Faces

What Used to Be

He had light ashen hair and bangs that were sideswept to the right;and his friendly smile sent my body temperature into a blaze. His eyes were doe-like and round, and his face was a healthy pale complexion.

"It’s nice to meet you Li Hua." Lu Han sent me a childish looking grin before extending his hand forward.

Before contemplating whether or not I should reach out and shake his hand, my hand instinctively lurched forward, closing in on his slightly rough but babylike hand. We shook momentarily before a silence developed and the clearing of a voice was heard. Lay stepped forward and gave a half-hearted smile before introducing himself. The two males shook hands stiffly. I turned around to face the girl; her hair was a light brown and her eyes danced slightly. Although her attitude was giving, her height had made me feel self conscious.

"Krystal." She offered with a slight nod.

I felt a sharp tug at the side of my body and noticed Lay was beside me, his elbow digging into my waist.

"Yah, what was that for?"

He sent me a lopsided grin before speaking. "It looks like it’s not only us now. More chances for diverse children huh?" His right eyebrow was propped up and his grin was transformed into a slight smirk.

"You ert."

I transfixed my gaze onto Krystal. She was breathtaking and must of been from the wealthier side of the town. She downed a light cardigan with a lacy tank top underneath, her legs were held together with a tight black skirt. Definitely a guy’s dream. My eyes averted to my own outfit, a pair of sneakers and tight fitting jeans, and a graphic t-shirt over the top. It was nothing special.

"Plus," I leaned into Lay’s ear "They’re probably dating anyways."

His enthusiastic aura completely disappeared, and I could see him glumly eyeing Lu Han from the corner of his eye.

"Hey, you can’t be jealous. You have me right?" I joked.

"Yeah yeah." Lay gave a slight chuckle and we noticed Lu Han and Krystal glancing towards us blankly.


Lu Han stepped forward. "Well now that there's more of us, shouldn't we go out in teams and search for food and supplies?"

"Good idea." Lay responded before sending me a glance. "You wanna go with me Li Hua?"

As I was about to respond, Lu Han stepped forward.

"If you don't mind. I'd like to go with her."

I stared at him, unsure of how to react. He wanted to go with me? Wouldn't he prefer his girlriend?

"U-uh Lay. I'll see you later?" I said, walking over to Lu Han.

"Later." Lay winked at me, I could see he was delighted that he got to be with Krystal. I rolled my eyes at him and looked up to Lu Han who was waiting for me at the edge of the beach.

"Hey." Lu han greeted me when I was close enough. I nodded at him and we started walking towards the direction of the forest.

"So, uh, how old are you?" I blurted out, then cursed myself for asking such a stupid question. Being with him made me weirdly nervous.

Lu han chuckled and glanced at me. "21." He answered. I widened my eyes, he was 21?! I would have guessed my age or even younger!

"Oh." I nodded and fiddeled with my fingers; this was way too awkward.

"We should be able to find some food here." I looked up to Lu han as talked, he was unbelievably handsome and cute. And just about perfect. I looked around us and saw that we were at a neighborhood. How long had we walked? I followed Lu Han inside a house and stayed behind him as he was trying to find food and supplies. I trailed after him wherever he went, too scared I was going to get lost especially becaues Lay wasn't here.

"So you llke me that much that you can't let me out of your sight for even one second?" Lu han abrubtly turned around causing me to crash into him. He grabbed my shoulders to steady me. I blushed and looked up at him to find him smirking.

"No. I didn't want to get lost. Plus, I would never move in on you...you have a girlfriend." I scoffed at him. His face turned puzzled, and he let go of my shoulders.

"Girlfriend?" He asked. I nodded, did he forget about Krystal? Is he that big of a player?

"Yes. Krystal. Remember?" I reminded him sarcastically. Laughter came out of his mouth, I stared at him, not believing how handsome and melodic his voice sounded.

"She's my friend. We're not dating." Lu Han said. For some reason, my heart lightened.

"Oh." I replied, still staring at him, his eyes capturing me.

"But, if Lay found out how you can't stop staring at me, he woudn't me too happy."

"We're not dating." I quickly said, making sure he doesn't think anything thats not true.

"Perfect. We're both single." Lu Han smirked, coming closer to me. I backed away and felt a solid surface, restricting me from moving any further back. He came close until there was practically no space left between us. My face was steaming hot and my arms were stiffly by my side.

"Let's get to know each other better, Li Hua." Lu Han whispered into my ear, my breathing hitched because of the lack of air going to my lungs. I took a deep breath as soons as he pulled away from me, laughing while he headed towards what used to be the kitchen. I forced my feet to move and followed him.