YunHee's, "special" job

Lovely Wager

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsdC8OOf_kg

YUNHEE P.O.V

Like every scholarship student, I spent my free period exploiting my talents. The good thing about this school was that it was big and there were trees and good places to get nature shots. Plus free, unpaid models (the students walking around); they looked so natural and happy that it fit the ‘whatever’ mood which was set. Overall, the scenery out here was quiet nice, and I could put a good price on the pictures I took today. And since autumn was a particularly favored season, I would be able to rise my prices to almost double what they were before. 

I have to admit I am a fan of autumn, not only cause of the payroll, but it was very calm. Summer was too hot for me, spring rained too much, and winter was far too cold for me. At least with autumn, I got to get rich quick and enjoy my favorite season.

Right as I was about to take a picture of a bird building her nest, my stupid phone starting ringing like crazy, making the bird fly away.

“…” I whisper to myself taking out my phone. Blocked number….. strange…. “Hello?” I say with a more stern voice intended.

“Hello is this Ri YunHee?” says an unfamiliar man’s voice.

“This is she.” 

“Hello. my name is _____, I understand you do photography? Me and my fiancée adore your work and we were hoping if you wouldn’t mind taking pictures for our wedding album? I’d be willing to offer up to 350 a hour?” he says. That was more than double my asking price; it seemed like the perfect job, so how could I say no? Plus I was always a er for weddings…

The only thing shady about the job was its location. It wasn’t a building; it was a swamp. I don’t know why a couple would want wedding pictures in such a unappealing place. But I guess you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover…

I go to the address as instructed and start pushing my way through the trees, with all these branches putting my precious camera in danger. I had to practically crawl my way through the disgusting filth that surrounded me. I mean, I spend a lot of time in nature as part of my job, but this area, at this time of year, made my skin crawl. It was cold and murky; my shoes were soaked in mud and water, so it was almost impossible to walk without falling. I’m lucky my precious camera made it out alive!

I didn’t know how I would be able to find it with all these trees; it felt like I kept going in circles. I finally found a clearing before the sun was setting. I walk towards the sound of a brook, after finally pushing my way past some remaining bushes and branches I turn to see the most breathtaking scenery. This was a photographers paradise. Every little deatil would have looked beautiful displayed on my camera screen

I snap back into reality when I realize that no one is around, “Hello?! It’s YunHee from ‘Picture Perfect’ capturing every beautiful moment since I can hold a camera!” I yell into the opening hoping someone would show up.

Right as I did, dim pink lights shined all around the gazebo, illuminating the white garden table set for two. Carefully, I stepped on the stones that led to the gazebo. I took one last leap onto the gazebo and stood proudly at the fact I didn’t get a drop of water on my camera.

I take a look at my surroundings and make a mental note to come back here during the spring time for some nature shots. I walked over to one of the chairs and sat down taking one more look around me to see if anyone was around.

“Someone must be around to have those lights. Might as well start setting up…” I say taking my equipment out of my bag. I take out a few light stands and place them on the corners so I could get a better view of the table, since it would be getting dark soon. I go to sit on one of the chairs so I could change the settings on my camera when I heard a voice, “Glad you could make it, YunHee.” say a man’s voice. I assumed it was the guy who hired so out of habit I stand up and bow down in the direction of the man’s voice.

Before I had a chance to see his face, he started laughing at me, “I appreciate the gesture, but you don’t have to be so formal towards me.” he says in a familiar flirtatious tone. I bring my head up to find none other than the thorn in my side, Gonchan, standing in front of me carrying a dozen roses.

“I knew this offer was too good to be true…” I say getting up and gathering my things.

“I’ll pay you double!” he says nonchalantly, grabbing my attention. He smirks knowing that would do the trick. “I will pay you double the offer if you just sit here and have dinner with me.” He says gesturing back towards the garden table.

I just stood there for long time thinking. If I would earn almost five times as much as I offer, but I lose my integrity as a professional photographer. If I left, I would lose a great opportunity to get more pictures, but I would be away from this creep. But it’s not like I was going to get rid of him anytime soon, and it was obvious he wasn’t going to take no for an answer. Furious at the decision I was about to make, I stomp towards the empty seat and sit down, “Let’s get this over with…” I say crossing my arms over my chest. 

Looking quite pleased with himself, he skips toward the other chair, giving me one of his skin crawling smirks. He snaps his fingers and people come walking in from all different directions. To my left there was a string band playing, to my right there were men and women trying their best to step over the stones with the plates they had in their hands. Overall, it was an impressive display, if I didn’t hate him with a passion of a thousand burning suns, I might have blushed. But I’m glad I didn’t.

I actually started to feel sorry for the people, being forced to work at this hour for a douchebag like him. I tried my best to not direct my anger towards them and was as polite as I have ever been. But when he tried to talk to me, he would have been on fire and I wouldn’t have shown the least bit of concern.

After all the food was set up, he sent all the people away, leaving us and the band that was still playing. I did everything I could to look away, but my only distractions were gone. Then I remembered my camera. Immediately I grab it out of my bag and start taking pictures of everything. Since there was some light I got some good pictures of the band. The waterfall was the most breathtaking thing to take a picture of. It seemed so pretty and you could see the reflection of the moon perfectly from the water.

My plan was working. I didn’t have to look at him, and he looked pretty pissed. Soon, I ran out of things to photograph. I had to think quickly, I had to keep myself busy, then I thought of the fan clubs. Immediately, I turn my attention towards him and start taking multiple photos. I can tell he seems pretty annoyed and confused at my sudden actions so I spoke up, “You don’t mind do you? From my research you are quite popular. I could get a high price for some pictures of you.” I say trying to sound like an annoying paparazzi. He just smiled back at me, “I’m use to people wanting to see my face, go on ahead. Your food is getting cold though.” he says smirking. After taking a few unattractive shots of him eating with his mouth open I decided to give up and start eating.

He was right, it was cold. But i didn’t mind it because it still has nice flavor to it.

“Did I tell you that you looked-“

“Absolutely beautiful in the moonlight? No, but I knew it was coming.” I say interrupting him taking a big bite out of my food.

“You’re smart.” he says resting his chin on his hand to look me up and down giving me chills.

“I’m observant.” I say simply resting my back on the chair.

“Which is one more thing I like about you beside your ridiculously amazing pair of….” he says looking down making me cover my chest, “shoes.” he says smirking finally resting his eyes at my now muddy combat boots, “I always judge a girls by the shoes she wears, it tells a lot about your personality.” he says getting up and walking towards me and kneeled down by my crossed legs, “These,” he says holding up my muddy foot, “says you are very feisty and a hard worker, but still like to make yourself presentably in your own way.” he says looking back at me. I was too afraid to say anything. Normally if he would have pulled a move like that, I would’ve kicked him into the water. Why was I acting like this so suddenly? He just simply laughed at me and went back to his seat. He doesn’t say anymore words he just stares at, making me extremely uncomfortable. I don’t know how much longer I could take this, and I don’t care how much money he gives me. 


When the silence finally became unbearable, I finally got up and said, “Times up.”

“What?!” he says, watching me pack up my things.

“You heard me. Time’s up. I’ll give you the bill at school.” I say. I was almost away from the gazebo when I felt a hand grab my wrist.

“Wait!” he says. Annoyed, I turn back to him and hope to god above there wouldn’t be something stupid like a marriage proposal or something waiting for me. “Take a picture with me.” he says smiling. Not wanting one thing on my precious camera to remember this god awful night, I just shake my head and pull my wrist out of his grasp.

“I’ll add a hundred dollars.” he singsto me, making me face him

‘I can’t possibly get more pathetic why not’ I think to myself. I put down my bag with a sigh and get my camera out. We both pose for the quick flash. He used an adorable smile, and me, with my hurry-up-and-let’s-get-this-over-with-I-hate-you-all smile.

“There. Happy?! I’ll give you the picture with the bill goodbye.” I say quickly grabbing my things and trudging back through the forest.

The whole ride home I had to keep from driving off of a cliff. How could I be so stupid!? I should have known this was part of his little plan, AND I WENT THROUGH WITH IT! Ugh, I felt so dirty and cheap, being in a man’s company for his money. I WAS PRACTICALLY A HOOKER!

Not caring about the speed limit, I quickly made my way home and had the longest shower of my life. I was making sure to rub the filthy memory of this night down the drain. When I was finally red from all the scrubbing, I got out and got into the most comfortable lazy clothes I had. Then I just sat there. Staring at that picture. I can’t believe he made me take a picture of us together. I can’t believe I agreed to it. I hated to admit it, but he was kinda cute, of course I would never tell him that.

Ugh. I was almost embarrassed at how bad I looked compared to him….. God, what is this kid doing to me…..?