Daddy dearest

Lovely Wager

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIpHJq7VZq4

BAE SUN P.O.V

After avoiding a good amount of creeps that were around, I finally made it to home sweet home. My house was small, and it wasn’t exactly the cleanest. The paint was coming off, but I took my first steps here, so it’s good enough for me. I look to my right, and see no car. Appa is probably at work. He’s been working late for a couple months now, so I hardly even see him anymore….

He works too hard. Unknown hours and weekends, we don’t even spend Christmas together anymore….. That’s why I have as many jobs as I do. I have the restaurant, babysitting, dancing, dog walker. You name it, I had that job. Combining our money, we had just enough to get by…..

I walk inside and place my stuff on the table to my right. I figured Appa forgot to pay the lighting bill, because it was almost pitch black except for the streetlamps and headlights of passing cars.

“Who’s there!?” A slurry, deep voice yells from the living room. 

“A-appa?” I stutter looking down the hallway, prepared to run in case it wasn’t him. The figure kept walking towards me till he stopped by the window where the streetlamps shined in.

“ Bae. I thought it was one of those punk kids that are here to take some more of our .” he says walking back to the living room.

Appa must have been referring to the kids. There were many orphans and poor children here, so every morning I would give them a part of my breakfast and some of the scraps we have. Appa thought they were freeloading good-for-nothing brats, but that’s because we already had little to live, so I just shrug off his comments.

I walk into the living room and everywhere I see beer cans on the floor, empty vodka bottles on the shelves, and tequila shots all over the floor. Panic started to rise in me as I soon realized how drunk dad actually was, I slowly start walking away to my room before he tries to talk to me. If I was lucky, I could make it to my room without seeming scared.

“So, where were you? Working late?” he says settling back into his place on the couch taking a big swig of the whiskey bottle he had next to him.

“Uhhh, no. I was at dance….” I say hesitantly taking smaller steps.

“The hell Bae? When are you giving that stupid hobby up? You need to spend more time making money for us.” he says grabbing a beer can from the coffee table.

“Ummm, yeah…. Why aren’t you at work?” I say backing up towards my bedroom.

“DAMN IT BAE! QUIT CHANGING THE SUBJECT!” He says standing up throwing the almost empty vodka bottle in the recliner on the floor, making glass go everywhere leaving messy splashes of the strong liquor. I backed away more out of fear until I was cornered, “YOU NEED TO MIND YOUR DAMN BUSINESS! I CAN’T BE THE ONLY ONE MAKING MONEY HERE! WHAT THE HELL?! WHAT IS DANCE GONNA DO FOR YOU!? NOTHING! THAT’S WHAT! SO GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THOSE ING CLOUDS, GET OFF YOUR LAZY , AND GO MAKE US SOME GODDAMN MONEY! DANCING WON’T PAY THE BILLS! DANCING WON’T PUT FOOD ON THE TABLE! YOU KNOW WHAT DOES?! ME!” he says drunkenly stomping towards me.

“I’m sorry! I’m sorry! ” I squeak cowering in the corner trying to keep from crying.

“OH, NOW YOU’RE SORRY?!” he says grabbing my wrist and yanking me to face him. 

I knew what came next, but maybe if I close my eyes, it shouldn’t hurt as much, right?
~

I was finally able to sleep at around three, so that means I got a good four hours of rest. Which I guess is good, because the body runs on four hour increments, but that still didn’t stop me from almost falling asleep in class…

Hopefully dancing would wake me up, and hopefully I would still be able to dance, by considering how sore I was from the night before. Usually I was able to pull through it but this was different. My skin was burning like acid and moving only made it worse. My legs when I walked, my arms when I moved them, even my chest when I breathed. Every second I was near tears but now was not the time to be bailing like a baby.

I could tell YunHee was suspicious by how I was walking and how unsteady my breathing was, but luckily she didn’t say anything. I don’t think I could’ve come up with an excuse this time.

Changing was hell, it took me almost ten minutes to slip out of my uniform, and double that to put on my dance clothes. Walking there wasn’t easy either. The good thing was I didn’t run into him. By how I was feeling, I did not want to be bothered in any way.

When I finally made it to the dance hall, it was just as how I left it before. Empty, another good thing about today. I walk over to the stereo and place my things on the floor. I got as stretched and loose as I possibly could. I started to get ready to go over my dances once again.

JINYOUNG P.O.V

I could have said hi. I could have walked up to her, but something on her face made her seem so, hurt. I couldn’t quite put my finger on it. Without even asking I knew exactly where she was headed. Like usual, I quietly I follow her to the dancehall where she was slowly stretching herself out. She still had that hurt expression on her face. I expected it was her being tired cause she looked like she hadn’t gotten any sleep at all.

I expected her to have a huge transformation like the first time I saw her dance, but sadly no. The first dance I almost knew by heart; it was very wavy. She had to put her whole body into it. But instead of being graceful and fluid like, she was stiff and could hardly move her arms and legs.

‘It’s okay; she probably didn’t stretch out enough.’ I think to myself. Soon she gave up on this dance and changed it to another. The heavy bass made me think of the jazz one she was so fond of. This dance had many leaps and turns, but she couldn’t even get her feet two inches off the ground. When she was preparing for a jump, she at least tried, but fell to the ground with a hard thud.

Looking completely in pain, she tried to get up with crying. What could have possibly happened that would bring her this much pain?

Finally giving up on dancing she turned off the stereo and starting limping towards the door. Quickly, I ran down the hallway where she wouldn’t see me. I could hear her whimpering and stifling her tears all the way down the hall.

Out of habit I followed her, again not the best decision considering how this looked to other people, but I couldn’t help it. I was too curious…..

BAE SUN P.O.V

I couldn’t take this anymore. Nothing was going to help me, and nothing was going to stop him. Dancing sure wasn’t going to help, but maybe going outside would. 

Winter would be coming soon. I could tell by how cold the air was getting. When I came outside, the sudden breeze made me realize what little clothes I had on. Everything was still hurting, and my teeth were chattering like crazy, but I didn’t mind it all that much. The breeze was very soothing to me.

When my legs finally gave up, I ended up sitting on a nice patch of leaves. The coldness sent more shivers up my spine, but I still enjoyed it all at the same time. There was no one outside, and the only thing I could hear, were the passing cars and the wind. I could have fallen asleep right there; it was that calm and peaceful. I almost forgot about everything until I heard his voice.

“What. The. . Is. Wrong. With. You?!” I hear him yell running towards me. I roll my eyes in response of having enough of him. He came beside me and started to take off his jacket, “Do you know how cold it is?!” he says, trying to put his jacket around my shoulders. Each time I would shrug it off and continue to stare at the sky, trying to pretend he wasn’t there, but time and time again he would keep on trying to warm me up.

“I like the cold!” I snap at him throwing his jacket away from his reach. He seemed offended that I wouldn’t take his kind gesture, but didn’t say anything in response. Sliding next to me, our hands almost touched. Feeling him moving closer, I immediately stretch my arms above my head as a reason for me to move my hands and put them out of his reach, “Why did you follow me?” I said watching the clouds past

“Y-you looked hurt, I wanted to make sure you were okay…” he says hesitantly. He seemed shocked that I caught him. I couldn’t tell if he was actually worried, or a really good actor. I knew what kind of person he was, I could tell from how everyone looked at him. He was a player, a rich kid. Girls loved him, guys envied him. So why has been paying so much attention to me lately? I definitely wasn’t his next target. Surely he would be smarter than that?

For a good thirty minutes we just sat. He didn’t say anything, but I could feel him glancing in my direction. Me, I didn’t once look at him. I couldn’t give him the satisfaction of him knowing he was in my thoughts. I just looked up and watched the leaves fall. Watched the clouds and tried to find different things in them. I was completely calm and in bliss, but the bell rang, which ripped me away from cloud nine. People started walking outside and saw us sitting together, and whispered, and slightly stared. Quickly, I get up from my spot and hurry my way out of the crowd.