Chapter 9

In Desperate Need of An Undo Button

 

Jongin rolled over, sighing contentedly, feeling more well rested than he had in a while. Involuntarily, a small smile formed on his face when he glanced across the room to see Kyungsoo sleeping, his arm hanging off of the side of the bed.

He threw his feet quietly off the mattress and onto the ground, disentangling himself from the sheets before padding silently over to Kyungsoo.

 Lately, whenever he looked at the older boy, his chest didn’t contract with guilt, he didn’t feel the dull throbbing, the one that reminded him that Kyungsoo was no longer his. It was a small, imperceptible change, but Jongin couldn’t help but revel in it, taking every opportunity to admire Kyungsoo’s small figure, his pale, rosy cheeks, the curve of his eyebrows.

Jongin still didn’t know what had caused it but Kyungsoo was letting him in again, slowly but surely. It was enough to make Jongin’s fingers curl in happiness, itching to reach out and brush the stray hair out of Kyungsoo’s face, to even lie down beside him, his arms reaching around the small waist, like they used to.

Jongin settled for simply pulling the covers up to Kyungsoo’s chin, tucking his exposed arm in and smiling softly down at Kyungsoo once more before turning away.

He changed quickly and was almost out the door when he heard Kyungsoo’s raspy, sleep-filled voice call out to him.

“Where are you going?” He asked, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes as he sat up slowly. Jongin stifled a laugh at the way his hair was sticking up in all different directions, some plastered to his forehead and some standing straight out. “Isn’t it our day off?”

Jongin nodded, adjusting the strap of the bag on his shoulder. “Yeah, but I’m practicing with Yixing and Sehun for a little bit.” Jongin stated and upon seeing Kyungsoo rub his eyes once more, he added, “You should go back to sleep, it’s still early.”

With a simple nod Kyungsoo lied back down, his eyes closing and his hand reaching out to pull the covers all the way over his head.  Jongin couldn’t stop himself from laughing at this, remembering that when Kyungsoo was really tired he liked to bundle himself into the covers, shutting out the rest of the world. It was only on rare occasions that Jongin would be invited to join him, the two of them huddled close together, their breath hot and stuffy under the covers.

Jongin never particularly liked it, wondering how Kyungsoo was ever able to breathe in the small confines between the bed and the sheets. But he had always jumped at the chance to join in, loving the warmth of Kyungsoo’s body pressed against his and the way it felt to be isolated, just the two of them, the only noises their breathing and Kyungsoo’s small hums of contentment when Jongin would his fingers lightly across the other’s cheek, enjoying the heat and the soft touch of Kyungsoo’s skin.

Jongin wanted nothing more at that moment than to crawl under the covers like that again. But with a heavy sigh he tore his gaze away from the lump on the bed that was Kyungsoo and closed the door quietly, walking down the hall, his steps heavy with longing and a small smile still etched on his face.

 

 

“I hate you!” Sehun screamed indignantly at Jongin and Yixing, fixing them with an angry glare.

The two simply laughed, Jongin clutching his stomach while Yixing pocketed his phone, a proud smile on his face.

“I don’t see why you’re so angry.” Yixing stated. “We just asked Luhan to practice with us.” Jongin snickered from behind Yixing, only laughing harder when Sehun’s face reddened in anger.

“No.” Sehun replied, his tone flat and furious. “Your exact words were ‘Hey Luhannie, you should come practice with us because Sehun won’t shut up about how much he wants to see you’”.

Jongin put a hand over his mouth, stifling his laughter, attempting to appear apologetic in fear of Sehun bursting from how red he was as he stared the two of them down.

“First of all-” Sehun stated loudly and then paused, taking a deep breath and repeating in a calmer tone, “First of all, you called him Luhannie. Luhannie. Don’t ever do that again. Second of all-”

“Aw c’mon now, Sehun, you’re not the only one that gets to call him that.” Yixing teased, interrupting him.

Second of all,” Sehun continued, ignoring Yixing. “I haven’t even talked about Luhan all day, so I don’t know where you got the idea that I wanted to see him.” Sehun stated, huffing and crossing his arms over his chest.

“Oh please.” Jongin interjected, rolling his eyes. “Every time someone walked by the door you would get all excited and then slump when you found out it wasn’t Luhan. You always look like you’re waiting for him to walk in.” Jongin stated, leveling Sehun with a look that challenged Sehun to try and disagree with him. “You really need to learn to be more subtle.” Jongin finished.

“Oh, like you?” Sehun questioned, his eyebrows rising in amusement. “Why don’t you teach me your ways, Jongin? I mean, you’re just so good at hiding the fact that you’re infatuated with Kyungsoo and hate Joonmyeon’s guts.” Sehun returned Jongin’s challenging look.

Jongin faltered, his mouth hanging slightly open while next to him, Yixing laughed into his hand.

“He has a point.” Yixing stated, putting his hands up when Jongin fixed him with a glare. “Just sayin’.  In my opinion, you both could use some lessons in subtlety.”

“Whatever.” They both muttered in unison, leaving Yixing to laugh quietly to himself, rolling his eyes.

Jongin felt a seed of discomfort settle in his stomach. He hadn’t told his two closest friends about his past with Kyungsoo but it seemed that they were already catching on. He wondered how many of the others knew about it too. It wasn’t that he particularly cared if they knew or not but he simply preferred to keep his fragile relationship with Kyungsoo private until it actually became a “relationship”, instead of the cautious friendship they now had.

Kyungsoo was finally giving him more and he didn’t want rumors or nosy friends to ruin it. He opened his mouth, a clever retort for Sehun on the tip of his tongue, when Luhan walked in, a bright smile on his face as he set his bags down.

“Hey guys!” He said cheerily and turned to Sehun. “Hey, Sehun, I hear you were asking for me.” He winked and Sehun looked as though he wanted to die, his ears and cheeks turning a deep red.

“Look, about what Yixing said…” Sehun trailed off when Luhan came to stand next to him, wrapping an arm around his shoulders.

“It’s okay, Sehun.” Luhan laughed, his face crinkling and his teeth showing and Sehun blinked rapidly, looking too stunned to say anything. “I know he wasn’t serious.”

Sehun simply nodded, the blush slowly fading only to come back quickly when Luhan pinched one of his cheeks teasingly and then stepped away, flicking Yixing on the forehead.

“That was mean, Yixing.” Luhan stated, trying to sound stern but it came out as joking and when Yixing smiled in response, Luhan laughed again. “Although it is pretty funny to see Sehun all flustered like this.”

Sehun made an indignant noise, huffing out a breath that ruffled his hair.

“Hey, Yixing.” Jongin said, motioning for Yixing to come over.

“Hm?” He asked when he reached Jongin, leaving Luhan and Sehun alone, a questioning look on his face.

“You know how Kyungsoo asked you to help him with dancing?”

“Yeah…” Yixing looked confused, waiting for Jongin to continue.

“Would you mind if I helped him instead?” He said, hating how pleading he sounded.

“Uh, well I guess not. Although,” he added, quirking his lips. “We already scheduled a time for when we’d do it.”

“That’s okay.” Jongin clarified. “When is it?”

“Tuesday at 4.” Lay answered, reaching into his pocket. “Let me just tell Kyungsoo that you’re going to do it instead.”

“No, no.” Jongin shook his head and Yixing paused, his hand still in his pocket as he raised his eyebrows in confusion. “I’ll just surprise him.”

Yixing looked confused for a few more moments before he simply laughed, shaking his head.

“Whatever you say.” Jongin smiled in reply and they both walked over to Luhan and Sehun who were huddled together, Luhan pinching Sehun’s cheeks again and Sehun whining, pushing his hand away, but Jongin saw that there was no force behind the push, and if he were seeing things correctly, it almost looked as though Sehun was enjoying the pinches, turning away from Luhan to hide his smile.

Jongin shook his head, sharing a knowing look with Yixing before interrupting whatever it was the two of them were doing.

“Alright, break it up, lovebirds.”

Sehun glared again and Luhan simply laughed, nudging Sehun with his shoulder.

Jongin wondered how long it would be until they were together; until their obvious flirting turned into something more.

He couldn’t stop himself from wondering the same about himself and Kyungsoo; when their new friendship would morph into the familiar relationship they used to have.

If Jongin had anything to say about it, it would happen soon.

Actually, if Jongin were a betting man, he would bet money that it would happen on Tuesday.

Probably sometime around 4.

 

~~Yay, hunhan :) 

So i'm not sure how many chapters of this are left but it's getting close to being done. I don't know if i'm happy or sad about this :(

Anyways, thanks to my new subscribers and as always thank you so much for commenting!