Chapter 5

Paper Rose

Stretching his arms and back, Shou sat up looking around the room with his still sleep filled eyes. As he scanned the room, some writing on the board caught his attention.



GOOD AFTERNOON SUNSHINE.

GLAD YOU FOUND MY CLASS SO INTERESTING.

DON'T FORGET ABOUT YOUR HOMEWORK.


P.S.

GO HOME YOU BUM.


Laughing Shou collected his things. After cleaning the board he headed for the door but was stopped as he noticed he had stepped on something. Moving his foot, Shou picked up the crumpled piece of paper.

“This is the second one this week.” he commented to himself as he headed out of the classroom door.

Walking to his locker Shou examined the folded object as he worked  to restore it to its original form before it had been crumpled, and before he had stepped on it. Making a funny noise in excitement Shou was glad to see his hunch was right. Opening his locker he placed the paper flower with the others he found in the past two weeks. “hmmm. They're getting better.” he judged looking at the four flowers placed in order as he found them. Grabbing his jacket Shou headed for home, but first a quick stop to his favorite coffee shop.

~ ~ ~

Muting the television Hiroto pushed himself off the couch to start the quest for his ringing phone. He had a fairly good idea who it was setting the device off. There wasn't that many people that he talked too. There was Nao, Ruki, and Miku, and of course Uruha, but that was only if his schedule was gonna change for work. Other then those four there was a couple of other students from school, but that was only if they needed something, never to just talk. If his hunch was right though, and he didn't get to his phone soon, he would have a full inbox in no time. Stepping into his room the brunette listened for his phone. He started to search under his covers and pillows. He then moved to his backpack, and his jacket pockets next. After a couple of minutes and a couple of other places he checked, Hiroto stood dumbfounded in the middle of his room scratching his head Hiroto had no idea where his damned phone was. He stood there listening to it ring for what he swears was the tenth time. Hiroto scanned his room determined to shut the damn think off. Recounting where he has already looked. His eyes fell to a small heap of cloths taking residence in the corner of his room. Smiling the boy picked up his uniform pants pulling his phone out of the pockets.

* 15 new messages *

laughing Hiroto searched for the original message that was sent.

* Your coming over tonight right? With Ruki.*

sighing as he plopped himself on the couch Hiroto read another message.

*you forgot didn't you.* nodding in confirmation he kept reading .

* my mom will be sad if you don't come. *

Hiroto groaned as he pressed reply. * I can't believe you played the mommy card. *

* will you come? *

* I have a lot I need to do Nao. *

* Stop being a baby, and open your door. *

Hiroto started at the message stunned. ' That's not Nao' Standing up he went to answer his door that was now being knocked on like it was a drum.

“Hell.....o-!” Hiroto tried to shut his door quickly but it was no use,  two was stronger then one.

“I never said I would go.” Hiroto said struggling to get up.

“ You said you would think about it. I know.” Ruki said comfortably sitting on the boy to keep him from running away.

“C'mon Roro she misses you.”

“Why she's YOUR mother.” he replied to Nao “Would you get of I'm not a ing chair.” he said glaring at Ruki.

“You should visit the woman paying for your school.” Ruki said ruffling the brunette's hair.

“ I didn't ask her too.” Hiroto snapped venomously as he stopped moving glaring at the wall.

Standing up both Ruki and Nao helped their friend up and waited as he collected his stuff so they could all go to Nao's house. Hiroto saw no way out now that they were here to collect him.

~ ~ ~

“ Your friend fell asleep in my class again. “ Saga said out of the blue while he and Kai were watching a movie at home. “Didn't even try to hide it, he just laid his head down and went to sleep.”

waiting for his love to reply, Saga shifted his position and held the boy closer to him.

“Kai?”

“....”

leaning over to look at the boy Saga was mystified

“Am I really that boring?” he asked himself as he turned back to the television.
Sitting quietly as the movie played Saga pondered his question. Fishing his phone out of his pocket the teacher scanned his contacts. Finding the name he was looking for Saga pressed the new message button.

* Hey you busy? *

setting his phone on the arm rest of the couch Saga lightly combed his fingers through his students hair while he waited for a reply. Within five minutes his phone was buzzing, mentally tearing himself away from the smooth jet black locks. He picked his phone back up and read.

* That all depends *

* What the hell does that mean? *

* It means if all you wanna do is waste my time, I'm busy. But if your telling me your leaving the toddler your taking care of because you want a real man. Then maybe I'm less busy. *

Saga unconsciously tightend his hold on his “toddler” as he read the message. * I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. *

* Oh big works for the babysitter. ( `-´)v-~~~
Soooo what did ya need?*

* I wanted to ask you a question.*

* Oh. I'm surprised, I would have thought
you would have looked it up first but okay,
I Aoi-Sama the mighty will help you out.
First, no matter what people say
the car is the worst place,
just stay with the bed room.
You should also probably tell him that despite
all the hype there are no stars. And you'll want a ...*

Hitting the reply button before he finished reading Saga was now slightly glad his love was sleeping. Then he remembered that it was HIS fault he was texting the erted doctor in the first place.

* Not that you ert!
I just wanted to know if
you thought I was boring.* He replied quickly to stop the embarrassing texts

* ert? I'm not the one doing my student now am I?*

*...*

*( ̑ - ̑ ) Ok, Ok, no I don't think your boring. Why? *

* No reason, bye *
* Oh no mister, your not getting out of it that easy. *

* Honestly it's not a big deal. *

* If it's not a big deal then spill.
If you don't I'll tell Maya. And you
know how much he LOVES a scandal. *

* … you wouldn't *

* Oh. I would...I have it all typed up
in a draft ready to send. *

* Okay! Just don't tell him. Kai's friend fell
asleep in my class again. And right now
I was talking to Kai and I find he's asleep. *

* So your asking me if your boring because
Shou fell asleep in class? You do realize he
falls asleep in most of his classes right? *

* yeah but-*

* Oh I get it! XD your worried because your
toddler is taking his nap instead of playing
with you! ((o (^v^)o))

I wouldn't worry about it though,
didn't he have practice today?
I'm sure if the little monster thought you were
boring he wouldn't still be wasting his days with you. *

Saga sat on the couch thinking about what he had been told.

*sometimes you make to much sense.
So what are you doing? *

*laundry *

*Oh. Taking a ride of the washing machine express? *

*You bet your (^o^)b *

*You can't bet his , it's mine. *

*Well good morning Sleeping Beauty (^o^)/ *

*Good morning to you too doctor . (-_-) *

giving his teacher his phone back Kai snuggled into his side sighing.

“ It's getting creepy how he's watching our practices now.” Kai said as he muffled a yawn.

Wrapping his arms protectively around the boy, Saga kissed him on top of the head. Ignoring his buzzing phone.

Kai sat up straight before he again got to comfortable. Placing his hand on Saga's cheek he turned the man's head so the we're looking into each others eyes.

“You're not boring. But would you rather I sleep in class or here?” he added placing a kiss innocently on his lips.

“Couldn't you at least sleep in someone else's class?” he said once again pulling Kai close to him.

“I suppose I could try.” he said with a smile.

“ That's all I ask.” Saga laughed turning to finish the movie. That was now rolling credits.

~ ~ ~

“ Ruki! Hiroto! It's so nice to see you boys. Hiroto it has definitely been to long.” Nao's mother said as she hugged all three boys.

“Oh! Hiroto you have blue in your hair, It looks lovely.” Shooting a glare at Ruki, who was trying to stifle his laughter Hiroto mumbled a thanks.

“ Dinner should be ready in about an hour, will you be staying?”

“No mam I--”

“Of course!” Ruki said cutting off a very aggravated Hiroto. “We would love to stay.”

“Wonderful!” Nao's mother said excitedly as she clapped he hands together. “You boys go on and play up stairs I'll call you when dinner is ready.”

As Nao's mother headed back to the kitchen Nao headed for the stair dragging Hiroto behind him as Ruki Happily followed.

Once the three reached Nao's room Nao let go of Hiroto and his television and game system.

“Relax Hiro it wont kill you to humor her for one night.” The blonde said sitting on Nao's bed.

“No.” the smaller agreed. “But it might you.”

Raising his eyebrow Ruki starred at the boy who suddenly lunged at him. The two were wrestling on the bed as Nao stood by the television laughing as he watched his two friends.

“Get him Roro!”
“Hey” Ruki laughed “Why are you cheering for him?” Flipping Hiroto over so he was laying on the bed Ruki startled him as he tickled the brunette's sides. “Oh what now Roro?” squirming to get away from the blonde Hiroto reached out and grabbed a pillow that was near by. Mustering up as much strength as he could (which is hard when your being tickled to death) Hiroto hit Ruki in the head sending the boy to the floor. Sitting up the brunette looked down at Ruki and the both broke out laughing. Picking up the pillow as he stood up from the floor Ruki turned and threw the pillow at Nao hitting him square in the chest. The boys all laughed for a couple of minutes as Nao picked up the pillow. Sneaking his arm back Hiroto grabbed a second pillow. The two looked at each other slightly nodding in agreement and simultaneously attacked Ruki with the pillows.

Down in the kitchen Nao's mother sighed happily as she listened to the laughter of the boys, and a possible lamp breaking.

~ ~ ~

Making sure his lights were off and doors locked Shou and Reita walked through the parking lot to the entrance of Tora's apartment building. Standing of the main floor Shou staggered in smiling to himself as the elevator door closed. Catching Reita's attention Shou beamed at his friend and darted for the stairway.

“!” Reita ran for the elevator frantically pushing the button. Once a car arrived Reita jumped in pushing the 5 and door close button at the same time. Once the carriage started moving upwards Reita pulled out his phone dialing the blonde's number.

“Yeeeessss.” Shou said smoothly as he jogged up the stairs, skipping a few every once in a while.

“You cheated.”

“How could I possibly do that?”

“Don't play dumb.”

“No one said you had yo take the metal box.”

“Well SORRY! I don't have freakishly long legs.”

“My legs are freakish?” Shou asked innocently

“What floor are you on?”

ummm....3 …...and a half”

Reita looked at the LED screen “.”

“gonna be close?”

“No. I'll win.” Reita said hanging up on Shou who was still laughing.

Tora jumped off his couch due to the loud thud startling him. Calming down after the initial shock, he heard laughing coming from the other side of his door.

Opening the door Tora stood in the entryway to his apartment staring at his friends. One was being supported by the wall across from his place doubled over in laughter occasionally pointing at his friend who was rolling on the floor.

“What happened?” Tora asked through his chuckles.

“H-he...he” Reita started pointing to the blonde on the floor. “He r-ran int......to door.” He finally spit out between laughter and gasps for air.

Staring down at the blonde who was rolling around in his own fit of giggles. Tora couldn't hold it in anymore. “come in before you disturb my neighbors.”

Calming down a little Shou pushed himself off the floor only to stumble and fall back down which inflicted another round of giggles for the three boys. Further attempts of Shou standing up continually failed and all of their sides were beginning to hurt. Motioning  Reita over to help him Tora grabbed one of Shou's legs and he started to pull the blonde into his home. With all three inside they started to calm down. Tora and Reita went to sit on the couch as they left Shou in the entry way.

Not quite ready to stand up the blonde rolled onto his stomach and crawled on his hands and knees to the living room. Using the arm rest of the nearby chair he safely stood up and plopped down into the chair. Looking over at Shou, Tora broke out again pointing at the red spot that was on his friends forehead. Soon all three were giggling again before they could start their tournament of Tekken.

~ ~ ~

As Ruki and Hiroto were finishing their final lap around the track Ruki's phone started to ring. Ignoring it Ruki shot a green shell missing Hiroto's character as he expertly dodged.

“Hello?”

looking over their shoulder the two looked at Nao who was currently sitting up answering the “phone”

“Its for you.” the boy said ing his hand in front of him before he laid back down.

Snickering Ruki reached over picking up his phone. Locating his ring tones he started to play one.

“Hello?....Hello?.... they hung up.” Nao said laying back down. Ruki waited till he heard light snores from his friend before his again played his ring tone.

“Phone!” Nao yelled. Hiroto covered his mouth so his laughter wouldn't wake their friend.

“It's for you.” Ruki said calmly.

“hmmn?”

“the phone is for you.”

“Oh.....hello?” he said sitting up again.

“No ones there.” He said as he again laid down.

The two still awake stifled their giggles the best they could.

After a few minutes of watching Nao sleep Hiroto was struck with a great idea. Coming to his knees he called for Nao's attention.

“hhn.”

“You like marshmallows right?”

“Yeah.” Nao said with a huge grin.

“Your pillow. Its a marshmallow.”

“Wha?”

“Yeah” Ruki jumped in. “It's a gigantic marshmallow.”

“Really?”

“Yeah.” both boys whispered.

Grabbing his pillow as if he was tearing a piece off, Nao brought his fist to his mouth and munched on air.

“is it good?”

“Yeah Nao said as he continued to eat.

“Want some?” Nao offered pulling the pillow out form under his head.

~ ~ ~
Rolling over as he woke to the smell of fresh pancakes. Hiroto sat up curious as to how he got into Nao's super large bed between Ruki and Nao. Looking to his side he saw that Nao was also waking up. Super excited at the fact that he was gonna get pancakes this morning Hiroto started to shake Ruki so he would wake up.

“Whaa?” Ruki grumbled digging his face into the pillow.

“Pancakes! We get pancakes!” Hiroto said as he continued to shake the blonde. While Nao smiled to himself at the small brunette's enthusiasm so early.

“Here Roro, let me help.” Nao said moving his friend aside. Putting one hand on Ruki's shoulder and the other on his hip Nao started to push....

THUD!!

“What the hell?!”

“It wasn't me!” Hiroto said as he scrambled off the bed and ran behind Nao's father who just opened the door.

“Oh. If I knew your preferred the floor I would have left you there when I came to check on you three.” Nao's father said grinning.

“No I like the bed, your son on the other hand doesn't seem to like to share.” Ruki said rubbing his lower back as he got up.

“Ah..” the father said nodding “ That has been a problem, well breakfast is ready so you come on down boys.” he said patting Hiroto on the shoulder before he left.

After an eventful morning at Nao's house Hiroto was now back home getting ready for work. Looking at his clock that read 12:30p he did one last check before he was out the door.

~ ~ ~

15 minutes before noon Tora staggered out of his room rubbing his stomach as he went to answer his door.

“ Hey you know where Shou and Reita are? I've tried calling them.”

Looking back to his living room he nodded. “Yeah, I know where they are.”

Looking over his friends shoulder Kai couldn't help but laugh at his friends who were occupying the couch and chair. “How the heck can he sleep like that?” Kai asked as he walked up to his friends fast asleep in the living room.

“beats me, but he usually does.”

“Seriously?! But he looks so... smushed. Wait why does he have a red spot on his forehead?”

“He ran into the door.” Tora replied pointing to the entryway.

“How?... No. it's okay, I think I know.” Kai said chuckling.

~ ~ ~
Finishing his break Hiroto put his apron back on as he talked with a co-worker getting the run down on his tables.

“Ah hello Hiroto.”

“Hmm? Oh! Hello Aoi- sensei. Is there anything that I can get you?”

“I'll Just have a coffee to start. Thanks.”
“Alright.” Hiroto nodded. “I'll get that for you in a bit.”

settling into his chair Aoi picked up his book, giving the brunette a nod of thanks when his coffee arrived.

After a relaxing hour Aoi called Hiroto back over. “Can I have another?”

“Another? Really wont that be three cups?” the boy asked a bit miffted that anyone would drink that much coffee.

“But it's just so good.”

“Alright” Hiroto said as he started to leave.

“Wait!” Aoi said grabbing the back of the boy's shirt. “Who's that, over there?” He asked pointing to the counter.

“Hmmn? That's Uruha.” The boy replied as the unhinged the claws out of his shirt.

“Introduce us.”

“W-WHAT?!!?”

“In-tro-duce-me-to-him.” He said walking his fingers up each one of the boy's shirt buttons ending by poking the boy's nose.

“I-I don't think that's a good idea.” Hiroto said taking a step back.

“Oh?” the dark haired man said with curiosity. “And why is that?”

“Be-c-ause.... he's my boss, and your the school's physician!”

Smirking at the boy's objections, Aoi leaned forward in his seat resting his elbows on the table. “Your point being?”

“...”

“Ahh... I think I understand. It makes so much sense now.” Nodding to himself as he reached for the hem of Hiroto's apron. “So this is why you come into my clinic so often.” he said pulling the boy closer. “I'm touched, always hurting yourself. Just to see me. And your so clever about it. Paper cuts so simple and common.”

“U-U-URUHA!!” The brunette cried trying to get free of Aoi's grasp.

Startled by the call for him Uruha put down the clean plates he brought from the back and headed for where he was being summoned.

“Is anything wrong?” he asked placing his hand on the boy's shoulder.

“Not anymore.” the physician said as he let the apron slip from his fingers.
Finally free Hiroto made his way to the counter. Pouring a cup of coffee he asked one of the other servers if they would deliver it for him.

The rest of Hiroto's shift went by smoothly, he was able to take care of the rest of his customers since he didn't have to deal with Dr. . Who was still talking with his manager.

“Umm, Uruha?”

“Oh. Hiroto. What's up?” the honey blonde said turning a bit in his chair to look at the boy.

My shift is over.” he said making sure to keep his distance from the table.

“Oh alright. See you later?”

“Ah! Hiroto wait!”

The boy's shoulders physically slumped down as he turned back to the two adults.

“You forgot your tip.” Aoi said holding a couple of bucks out to the boy.

Hiroto hesitantly reached for the bills as he looked at his employer's face 'stupidly happy as always' he said to himself.

“See ya Monday.”

“Yeah.” the brunette replied walking away. Stuffing the money into his pocket, he headed home to start his homework.

~ ~ ~

“I wish Saga-sensei would get off his Shakespeare kick.” Shou whined setting down his notebook to get a drink.

“I would think you would be happy he didn't assign you extra work for falling asleep in class.” Kai laughed as Shou came back handing him a soda.

“Nah, Saga-sensei is to cool to do that.” Reita intervened as he Finished another paragraph of his essay.

“Hey what do you suppose e means?” Tora asked looking at his friends

“Copu...what?” Shou asked grabbing his friends book. As Kai coughed trying to hide behind his own book.

“You know don't you.” Reita asked trying to lower Kai's book.

“NO! A-Ah why would I know?” the dark haired boy said frantically.

“Ooooh~~~~ He does know.” Shou said joining in the fun.

No I really don't.” He defended hiding His blush behind his book. “Look it up!”

“Alright I will.” Tora said opening up his computer. “We're reading !! Very old .”

“What do you mean?” Shou asked scooting over so he could read the computer screen.

“Wow you knew?” Shou said pointing to Kai.

*Save me.*

*Is everything alright?*

*The primals just found out what e means.*

*...hahaha*

*It's not funny! They wont leave me alone.*

*Pft.*

*Stop laughing and save me.*

*aahhhhh, no.*

*WHAT DO YOU MEAN NO?!*

*I mean not happening. You ditched them last night so tonight you all get to play.*

“Kaai~~~ is that why you do so well in Literature class? You and Sensie are ing?”

“S-Stupid!! I'm not the one that falls asleep in class.!” Kai said flustered hitting Shou in the head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Sorry for the long delay, I had a Anime con that I was getting ready for since I was in the Artist Alley, but with that done I should be able to update more often. ^_^  

Thanks for reading, comment always appricated

 and rembmber:

           No smoking and No flash photoghraphy