Chapter 3

Paper Rose

Hiroto sat in class after lunch only mildly paying attention to what the teacher had to say. He was more focused on his paper folding, and if he could say so himself, he was quite good. Many of his classmates say that he makes the best paper planes. Nao insists that they can fly for miles. A favorite that Hiroto liked to make was the little puffy balloon stars. The girls loved when he made them because they could save them from the trash. One day he had made so many that it was like a party in the trash bin. But today Hiroto was working on something new.

“Ruki... who said; Romeo, Romeo wherefore art thou Romeo? Deny thy father and refuse thy name; Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love, And I'll no longer be a Capulet.”

“You did, Sir.” Ruki replied confidently as the room filled with giggles.

“Idiot.” Kai mumbled rolling his eyes.

Ruki smirked pleased with all the responses he received and sat back down.

“Come on Ruki I gave you an easy one.” the teacher said squeezing the bridge of his nose.

“I'm afraid I just don't know sir.” Ruki said biting his thumb.

Giving Ruki a disapproving look he moved on with his lesson. “ Now who can tell me how Romeo and Juliet died?”

“Oh me, me! I know!! Saga Sensei pick me please!!!”
“Yes alright.” picking the boy who jumped out of his seat.

“Well you see, they were gonna run away together and then they were in this tomb with a bunch of dead people.” Saga nodded accepting what the boy had said so far. “And then out of no where a HUGE dragon appeared and ate them.” the boy finished with his arms stretched wide.

Ruki fell on the floor laughing as Saga's face fell in disappointment and pressed the book to his face.

“Miku there are no dragons in Shakespeare.” he said removing the book from his face.

“Oh, I know. But this ending was way cooler than the original. I mean they kill themselves what kind of ending is that!” Miku stated with a grin.

Resisting the urge to press the book in his face again Saga calmly walked to the board, grabbed an eraser and threw it at Miku hitting him in the head. Grabbing a second eraser he threw it at Ruki once he was back in his seat, but Ruki expertly dodged and Miku was hit a second time.
~ ~ ~
Walking home tiredly after his shift at the cafe Hiroto unlocked the door, removed his shoes and dropped his backpack in the middle of the living room, as he made his way into the kitchen to get a glass of water.

It was busier at the cafe today then Hiroto would have liked. He was counting on it being an easy night since it was Wednesday, but it turned out to be one of the busiest nights in a while. He saw a lot of schoolmates, young couples on a short date; being a school night, and what he assumed to be college students studying for exams the next day. Changing into a pair of sweatpants and a loose t-shirt Hiroto got to work on his homework before he fell asleep.


~ ~ ~

“ I just can't understand it.” Saga said exasperated, laying his head on Kai's lap. “He's such a smart boy, why does he have to act that way?”

“He thinks its cool I guess.” Kai said combing his fingers through Sagas hair.

“What if he hung out with you and your friends?” he asked looking up at the boy.

“Why?”

“Maybe he would change his thoughts of “cool”

“So.... you want him to change his entire personality because he gives you a little trouble in class. Is that what you're saying?” Kai asked with a giggle.

“Is that too much to ask?” The teacher replied with hopeful eyes

“I'm afraid it is.” Kai smiled. “Besides if he hung out with us I think Reita would kill him.”

“mmmm”

“And I wanna keep Nao's exposure to Tora at a minimum, who knows what he would do to the little bear.” Kai added looking at the television.

Lifting Saga's head off of his lap Kai walked to their bedroom.

“Where are you going?”

“Getting my homework.”

“why?”

“Because my evil Lit teacher gave us a TON of homework.” the boy said returning with his book bag.

“Maybe you should blame the two clowns in your class.” Saga countered standing up.

MAYBE my teacher shouldn't call on morons he knows are just gonna give him a headache, which makes him revenge against the whole class by giving meaningless homework.” Kai said dryly.

“How about....” Saga started calmly walking towards Kai who was seated at the dining table. “Your teacher gives you alternative homework.” He says placing his hand on Kai. “Something more applied to your.....skills.” He said softly in the boy's ear.

Leaning his head back on Saga's chest with his eyes closed Kai thought about the offer. They stayed together like this for a couple of minutes until Kai's eyes fluttered open. “No.” he said flatly sitting up and opening his book to work. Mr. Teacher fell flat on the floor whining about how it wasn't fair. Kai only laughed as he reminded the teacher it was his own doing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So like the other two chapters this one had too been editied, the bigest part changed it that Miku does not work at the cafe with Ruki and Hiroto. Why? well basically because it was something that I didnt' continue with later in the story and it was easier to take out one sentence the change the later chapters XD

 

As always thanks for reading and comment are appricated

 and Remember:

               No smoking and No flash photography