Chapter 10

Paper Rose

For the rest of the week Show was finding it difficult to concentrate. The cause this time was a cute little kitten, with soft brown hair and eyes dark as the night. Alright...who was he trying to fool, he's been distracted by this kitty since he and his mischievous friend wandered onto the roof. The only question this time was how badly was he distracted by the kitty, which currently was a lot. Woken from his dream state by the roar of the crowd the blonde suddenly remembered he was in a basket ball game. As he looked into the crowd he was also reminded that this was no ordinary game, but a game that if won gave the school a chance at the championships. With over half the school in the stands he shook his head to get his mind back into the game.
Catching a pass he observed his options to run down the court. As a player from the opposing team closed in, the blonde took his first step forward with his right foot. With his second step he spun himself around turning his back to the on coming threat as he continued to move toward the basket. Before his right foot landed to finish his spin, Shou bounced the ball voiding himself of any fouls or penalties. Dribbling down the court avoiding two more players Miku appeared on his left ready to assist. As the two neared the last two defensive players Shou passed to Miku as they pushed forward to defend the basket. Running along the boundary line Miku protected the ball waiting for Shou to get open to shoot. Sprinting down the middle Shou worked to make himself available for the pass. Just as one of the guards made an attempt Miku passed the ball. Grazing the finger tips of their opponent, able to gain possession of the ball, with a defender closing in Shou ran back up the court, not wasting any time the blonde span around and took his shot. As the ball soared through the air all time seemed to stop. Seconds after the buzzer sounded all eyes were on the ball.
Everything was depending on this last shot. If the ball misses the Knights lose by one point and the team can kiss the chance at the championships goodbye. Or, the ball makes it in and the Knights season is extended. Everyone in the gym held their breath. As the ball reached the basket it bounced off the back rim to the front, then it rolled to the left and stopped as if frozen. Just as the giant orange looked like it was going to roll off Shou closed his eyes, if it didn't go in he didn't want to see it.

Feeling like he was suddenly hit by a truck the blonde opened his eyes to realize he was surrounded by the majority of people from the crowd cheering.

“You did it!” Miku yelled as he patted Shou on the shoulder.

As the time passed many fans moved their celebrating outside as they chanted “Knights are number 1 !” Finally able to hold the attention of his team Maya held a short meeting. With a handful of people still in the gym the two groups of boys slowly worked their way down from the seating structure. As the meeting finished the team gave one last cheer before they broke off into their own directions where many of the players were caught by giggly girls. Of course Shou and Miku were surrounded by a bunch of giggling monsters.
Already annoyed from being forced to listen to ridiculous and pointless bickering from the idiot duo, and mush from the lovey-dovey tiger the whole game, Hiroto was ready for some peace and quiet. He rolled his eyes at how pathetic the girls looked as they threw themselves at the team members. Walking passed the screaming mob the brunette fought within himself to not glance at Shou before he left for the quietness of the hallway.

“Wait here.” Nao said to Tora, who nodded watching his little bear go after his friend. His attention was brought back to the group when he heard Kai trying to stop Reita and Ruki from their stupid bickering.

“Would you two knock it off. You've been going at it for the whole game. What could you possibly fight about for that long?”

“I'm just trying to tell him how he would look less stupid and less like a criminal if he took that stupid thing off.” Ruki explained innocently.

“What?! I'm gonna kick your a--”

“He's got a point Rei, that cloth looks dumb.” Tora interjected trying to save Nao's friend.

“What cloth? I was talking about his whole face.” As the short blonde finished his sentence Reita lunged at him as Kai quickly grabbed a hold of his friend before he tore the kid apart.

'Can't help the stupid.' Tora thought as he face-palmed. 'I'm sure Nao will understand.'

“You are not helping anything.” Miku said inviting himself into the conversation as he started to drag the blonde with him.”Who said I was trying to?”

“That's it, come here you little twerp. I'm kicking your !”

“Oh you'd like that wouldn't you. Any excuse you can find to touch it. Right ert!” Ruki yelled back as Miku dragged him into the locker room as Shou held the door open.

“Those two wear me out.” Kai sighed to Tora as Reita continued to yell as he entered the locker room. “you just HAD to sit next you him didn't you.”

“I'm gonna check on the two in the hall.”

“Hey don't ignore me!” Kai hollered after his raven haired friend. “Idiot” the boy chuckled as he leaned against the wall to wait for the others.

~ ~ ~

“Where's my little honey bea...... what are you doing on the floor?”

“TORA!”

“That's me.” He smiled as he helped the boy up. “Nao?”

“HIROTO?!” the brunette called as he turned in circles as he walked down the hall.

“Hey.” Tora called after the panic stricken boy. “What's wrong, and why are you limping?”

“Go get Ruki.”

“Nao wha-”

“HIROTO?!”

“Nao! What is wrong?”

“Shh.... Hiroto?!” Nao called sounding more urgent than before. He started walking down the hall babying his right ankle and he continued to call out.”

“Nao tell me what happened, please.” Tora asked concerned as he grabbed Nao's arm.

“It was those....those jerks.” Nao said venomously. “They were here waiting. They jumped him. I-I tried to help but they just pushed me away and took him down the hall.” He continued as he eyes filled with angry tears.

Pulling his furious bear in Tora hugged him as he tried to calm Nao down. “We'll find him, its going to be ok.”

“Oi, oi, no mushy stuff in the hall, we all have to see that.” Ruki called as the group from the gym joined the two.

“Is something wrong?” Kai asked as he noticed Nao's expression.

“Hiroto's missing.” Tora said.

“He probably went home.”

“No Miku. The bad kind of missing. Nao says he was jumped.”

“WHAT?!” Shou said as his things fell to the floor.

“I think he's still in the school.” He said sniffing. “But I don't know where. I tried to help b-but.” As more tears began to fall Tora held Nao again.
“It's ok Nao, we'll find him. Are you hurt?” Ruki asked his friend who shook his head as he whipped his tears away only for more to fall.

“His ankle is sprained.” Tora said as he continued to support the brunette.

Nodding Ruki said “Then you two stay here, he may come back. You come with me.” He said pointing to Shou. “We'll check up stairs. You three continue down the hall.” As Ruki and Shou climbed the stairs to begin their searched Kai, Reita, and Miku continued down the corridor.

~ ~ ~
* To: Red Leader
From: Kai

Hey I may be a little late tonight.”*

“Would you stop that?” Rolling his eyes at his friends blunt rudeness Kai slipped his phone back into his pocket.

“Nope.” Miku replied cheerfully as he knocked on another locker.

“It's no like your friend is in there.” Reita continued in a mocking tone.

“Not that one he isn't” the blonde replied as he knocked on yet another locker.

“Wait. What?” Reita said stopping in his tracks.

The two boys stared at Miku as he continued down the hall.

“You mean Shou's little kitten gets shoved into lockers? I wish I was there to see his face.” Reita finished looking at Kai.

“Miku.” Kai called to get the boys attention. “What will we do if we actually find him in a locker?”

“Get Ruki.”

“Of course.” Reita sighed as he started down the hall again.

~ ~ ~

“What an amazing game. You must be proud of you team.” Uruha said as he brought everyone a cup of coffee.

“I suppose so.”
“What do you mean?” Saga asked.

“Well there's lots to improve on, especially Shou.”

“I didn't see any problems with Shou.” Aoi said as he pulled Uruha onto his lap.

“Of course you wouldn't, you’re only a doctor.”

“Oh? So my being a doctor can't possibly compare to your knowledge as a P.E. Teacher?”

“Correct. Physically and health wise the boy is perfectly fine, but mentally he's a mess. I suspect it's a girl.” Maya explained matter-o-factually.

“Opposed to?...” Aiji asked suspiciously.

“Aliens. Obviously.”

“Aliens?” Saga asked confused as he picked up his buzzing phone from the table.

“Yes.”

“Distracting Shou?” Uruha asked trying to clear things up.

“No. Probing his mind and controlling him of course.”

As Uruha and Saga took a drink of their coffee, Aiji brought his hand to his face in his own disappointment of not knowing where this conversation was heading. As Aoi sat next to him chuckling.

“So, you've come to the conclusion that he's either distracted by a girl, or under alien control?” Aiji asked as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

“Yep.”

“Of course you have.”

“Your right Maya with my profession I would never be able to see THAT.” Aoi said as he started laughing harder.

“Well as much fun as I'm having with... the alien theory, I've got to be going.” Saga said as he stood up.

“Oh?” Aoi said suddenly interested.
“Yeah I still have a good amount of papers to grade.”

“Right papers.....Ouch! What?” He said looking at Uruha.

“Don't , unlike you he actually works.”

“I work.” The raven haired man said pouting.

“I didn't realize watching the boys soccer team practice was work.” Saga said sarcastically.

“Of course, I happen to be there just in case one of the boys happened to get hurt, time is of the essence...But Saga-chi, how did you know I watched?” Aoi asked as he raised an eyebrow.

“Sorry gotta go. Thanks for the coffee Uruha!” The teacher hollered before he stepped out of the shop.

~ ~ ~

“Nao who was it?” Tora asked as the two sat on the floor leaning against a couple of lockers.

“Byo and Kazuki.”

“Again?”
“Always.” Nao sighed as he fiddled with his phone.

“Wait. How long have they been picking on him?” Tora asked as he wrapped his arm around the other's shoulders. As Nao snuggled into the warmth Tora provided, he thought for a moment as his fingers moved from his phone to play with the loose ends of Tora's bracelet. “Since the first couple of months he's been here.”

“So, a while huh?” feeling the nod on his chest Tora circled his other arm firmly around the little bear as he assured him they wouldn't leave until his friend was found.

~ ~ ~
Walking through the hall of the upper level Shou and Ruki continued to knock on lockers.

“It's been ten minutes, do you think it's possible the others have found him?” Shou asked as he knocked on another door.

“If they had we would have heard from Nao by now.” Ruki replied as he turned to face the taller blonde who sighed from the lack of a reply to his knock. “Don't worry, we'll find him.” he added trying to re-assure the other.

“What?” Ruki asked at Shou's chuckle.

“No. it's nothing.”

“Nothing my . Spill it Sir Sleeps-o-Lot.”

“It's just. I can see why your brother looks up to you so much.” The blonde said chuckling at how the other could still keep the atmosphere light in this situation.

~ ~ ~

“Ruki isn't back yet?” Miku asked as he walked to the couple with Kai and Reita close behind.

“What if we can't find him.” Nao said getting himself all worked up again. “I-I I should have tried harder.”

“Don't be silly you did the best you could.” Tora said as he ran his fingers threw Nao's hair moving his bangs out of his face.

“I wouldn't worry to much. There is no way Shou will leave until he's found.” Kai said.

“And you know Ruki will find him.” Miku said shining a bright smile to his friend.

“Pft. Really he's gonna leave that innocent little boy all alone while he's out-- OUCH!” Rubbing his shin Reita glared at Kai who glared back.

“He's not alone, he has the house staff with him. Besides if he knew that Ruki left and Hiroto was still missing he would be very angry with his brother.”

~ ~ ~

“Hey look...” Shou said as he picked up a cell phone. “This is his right?”

“Yeah”

“So he's near right?”

“Highly possible.”

Continuing down the hall knocking on more lockers it didn't take long until....”ing ow!”

“Hello there lil' locker goblin.” Ruki said as he leaned on a neighboring locker.

“Shut up.” Came a venomous, muffed reply.

“Kitten?” Shou said shocked.

“.......”

“You said that already.” Ruki replied smugly.

“SHUT THE UP AND GET ME OUT OF HERE!” the brunette yelled as he punched and kicked the locker startling Shou.

“Okay, okay calm down, I'm working on it.” Ruki said as he started to turn the dial to find the code, smiling as he heard a muffled 'humph' and guessed his friend probably crossed his arms over his chest.

“What are you doing? Do you know how many possible combinations there are?”

“A lot?”

“Thousands! It could take hours, days. We should get the janitor-”

“Where? He's already gone home super star.”

“Bu-”

“Just sit tight. I'll have him out soon.”

“Hey Ruki.”

“Hmm?”

“Is Nao okay?”

“Yeah.” the blonde replied with a smile. “He's fine, only a sprained ankle.”


After a couple of silent minutes and several code entries later Ruki opened the locker revealing a disheveled brunette. Refusing any help he stepped out of his metal confinements and started to walk down the hall, ready to go home. As he passed the two boys caught a glimpse of what 'treatment' the smaller boy received. As he staggered down the hall Shou and Ruki stayed close by ready to lend a hand if needed.
Stopping at the top of the stairs Hiroto inhaled deeply as he looked to the bottom of the stairs, which suddenly seemed to extend longer seeming almost endless. With pain passing all through his body with the first step down the stair case the brunette debated on just rolling down the stairs, curious if that method would actually be less painful. “At least I would get it all over at once and be down.” he mumbled to himself. As he strengthen his grasp on the handrail Hiroto prepared to take his second step down the stairs and the pain involved with moving that much just to be down one more step. Feeling a light pressure on his shoulder Hiroto looked to his left.

“Please let me help you.” Shou said with a concerned expression on his face. “Just down the stairs.” He added quickly before the boy could push him away.

“You two stay here for a moment.” Ruki said as he rushed down the stairs “stay.” he said turning around quickly.

Standing in silence the two remained where they were. Neither because of Ruki's suggestion. Hiroto wasn't to keen to move because of the pain and Shou wasn't going to leave without the brunette. It was a bit of a stalemate. After a few more minutes Hiroto was ready to go home and sleep. He was tired and didn't want to be at the school longer than necessary. Slowly Hiroto made his way down another step. With his offer denied Shou stayed close moving step by step with the other. As the brunette worked his way down another step Shou quickly reached out catching the boy as he slipped.

“Please let me help you.” The blonde repeated as his arm wrapped around the boy's stomach keeping him from a painful fall.

Staring down the stairwell with wide eyes Hiroto was shocked that he wasn't all the way at the bottom of the stairs. Looking at his stomach Hiroto blushed as he quickly removed his paws from Shou's arm mumbling an apology as he looked at the red marks left by his nails. Bending down Shou s his other arm under the smaller boys knees lifting him off of the floor, doing his best to not add any more pressure to Hiroto's bruises Shou slowly descended the stairs. Glancing at the kitten in his arms he smiled as he noticed his eyes were shut, too tired to stay awake.
Reaching the main floor Shou continued down the hall letting the boy rest peacefully in his arms. Looking around he didn't see any of his friends, figuring with Ruki's news that his friend had been found maybe they all left. 'Wait, ,why would Nao leave, he was so concerned. It seems odd for Ruki to be gone too. He did tell us to wait. Was that his plan, leave us here. If it was then how did he get Nao to leave?' Continuing down Shou made his way to where everyone heard the news of Hiroto's disappearance to retrieve his bag. Kneeling down he rested the brunette's knees on his leg so he could shoulder his bag, and fish out his car keys before he stood up again making his way out of the main doors of the school with a kitten still asleep in his arms.

Parking in the lot of Hiroto's building Shou turned off his car as he looked at the sleeping boy next to him. “ It's been over a month since I was last here and the only difference this time is instead of returning a phone, I'm bringing you home.” Brushing bangs out of the boy's face, he then carefully unbuckled the brunette so he could remove him from the car easily.
Exiting the Elevator Shou stopped in front of Hiroto's door. Putting him down Shou retrieved the key from it's hiding place and unlocked the door, quickly returning it, he picked up Hiroto and carried him to his bedroom. Going through his duffel bag Shou pulled out the shopping bag he got from they're detour to the convenience store and stepped out to the living room, turning on a light so he could go through the bag. “Let's see I got soup, antibiotic ointment, bandages, washcloths, ice packs, and some juice.” He smiled as he put the juice in Hiroto's fridge and placed the cans of soup on the counter. Humming to himself Shou filled a large bowl with warm water, grabbing the bag he made his way back to the bedroom and opening a box of band-aids and a package of gauze. Dipping one of the cloths into the bowl and squeezing out the extra water Shou hesitated for a second and he looked at Hiroto's innocent face. “I hope you don't scratch kitten.” Pulling an arm to him, Shou began to lightly wash the cuts and bruises that began to show.
Feeling something tickling his right arm Hiroto woke up looking at the ceiling. “Where am I? Last I remember is being at the school with.....” Looking to his right Hiroto blushed as he saw Shou sitting in a chair smiling at him with a new roll of gauze in his hand.

“Hi.”

“H-Hi” He replied sitting up and lowering his head to hide behind his bangs.

“Are you feeling better?” The blonde asked as he finished wrapping up Hiroto's right arm, smiling as he saw the boy nod. “I hope you don't mind me using your spare key again, but I thought you would be more comfortable here than at my house.” The thought of being in Shou's house caused Hiroto to blush even harder, the light pink dusting turned to a bright rosy hue.

“How about some soup, it should be ready.” Shou said as he stood up.

“You made soup again?” Hiroto mumbled slightly confused.

“I'm afraid it's one of the few things I can make without setting things on fire.” He chuckled as he walked out of the room. Returning quickly after, Shou had the same tray with a steaming bowl of soup, crackers, glass of orange juice, and a box of painkillers. Repeating what he did a month ago, he set the tray on the nightstand and brought the chair he was sitting on back to the left side. Picking up the bowl Shou stirred the spoon as he blew on it to help cool it.

“I hope you like vegetable soup.” He said as he held a spoon full to the others lips. Shocked all the brunette could do was quietly open his mouth and eat the food he was offered. “What do you think Kitten, is it good?” Nodding with a mouthful Shou smiled again as he continued to feed the boy.

“Have you eaten?”

“Hmmm?”

“Did you. Eat anything yet?” Hiroto repeated.
“How does your chest feel?”

“W-WHAT?”

“Does your chest and back hurt?”

Sitting for a moment, Hiroto nodded “Take off your shirt.” Now blushing a bright red Hiroto fumbled with the hem of his shirt as Shou stepped out of the room returning the tray to the kitchen and replacing the water in bowl he used to wash Hiroto's wounds earlier. Entering the room again Shou stood in the doorway, his smile faltered as he stared at the boy on the bed, covered in more kinks and scratches, and more promising bruises. Pretending to cough Shou made his way back to his chair with a new washcloth. The two sat in silence as Shou lightly rubbed Hiroto's back cleaning up the mess the bullies left.
Finished cleaning and patching up Hiroto's back, he started to clean the boy's front scaring him half to death. By this point Hiroto was tired of blushing, his cheeks were beginning to hurt. He turned his head opposite of where Shou was absolutely to embarrassed to look at him. Sighing at this action Shou finished patching Hiroto up. “I'm sorry.” he said after he placed everything to the side. Lifting his hand Shou hesitated for a moment before he placed it on Hiroto's cheek, where another bruise was sure to show, turning his head so they were facing each other. “I promise Kitten, from now on I'll protect you.”

“Thanks, but I-I don't need your protection.”

“Yes. I can see that.” Shou smiled at his patch job. “I suppose I'll be happy just taking care of you after.”

“Ah-I-Y-You.......”

“How about a movie?” the blonde asked.

“You still haven't eaten!” Hiroto said as he shot to his knees startling the blonde back into his seat.

“Alright.” the blonde chuckled. “I'll eat something while we watch. Now come on Kitten I wanna watch something funny.” Offering his hand the two made their way to Hiroto's empty living room. Hiroto quickly grabbing his shirt off the back of the chair Shou was sitting on before he was dragging completely out of his room.

~ ~ ~

Opening the door Kai took off his shoes and placed his things to the side as he walked farther into the room looking for a certain man he soon found with his head laying on the dining table papers scattered around. Chuckling He ran his fingers through the messy brown locks. “It's hard to believe you’re a teacher when you procrastinate like a student.”

“You have no idea the toll it takes on a teacher when you have to grade this quality of work.” the man says lifting the paper he was currently grading for the other to see.

“Wow that's a lot of red marks.”

“I know Miku did better, and his is full of jokes. But it was funny enough and the grammar and spelling were perfect that I can't make it down.”
Humming his reply Kai gave the paper back as he went to the kitchen to get a drink.

“... You don't wanna know what you got?” Saga said as he followed the boy.

“Do I need to? You proofread my paper two days before it was due and said it was good.”

“So you don't want to see?” The teacher asked as he wrapped his arms around the boy's waist.

“Do I need to? It's not like I failed.”

“No. But, you could use some one on one help.” Saga whispered in his ear.

“I suppose It couldn't hurt.” Kai said as he turned to face the other.

“Well there's no time like the present.” Saga said as he picked up the boy and walked through their home. “We'll start with the homework that was recently turned in.” He added dropping Kai on the bed. “ion much to you kids idea is quite different then a simple . Even though the act is the same. The feeling are quite different.” Saga said as he crawled onto the bed, straddling the other. “ion is something enjoyed by both sides and only happens when a couple greatly care for each other. It's not what you do when you met some person in a club on Saturday night.” Kissing the boys lips Saga savored the flavor before he continued. All of those ridiculous toys that so many believe to be great, aren't necessary and detour from the main point.” Staring at the boy beneath him Saga looked at the lust filled eyes as Kai listen to every word that was said as well as feeling every touch the other did. Slipping his hands underneath the light fabric of Kai's shirt the boy let a small moan slip past his lips. “Do you understand?” Saga asked as his hands roamed the toned body. Looking at the man above Kai gave a devious grin that many wouldn't believe he was capable of. “I'm still having some trouble, please continue Sensei.” He said as he linked his arms around the others neck pulling the other closer.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter and I'll have the next one up soon I promise ^_^