Chapter 18

I'm in Luhan's girlfriend's body?!

Joohee's POV:

 

"You know, you've been really shy lately. And more conservative." Luhan said as he scooted closer on the couch. 

Really? Really?! I didn't realize, I thought as I got off the couch because I was already by the edge but Luhan kept pushing. I have to admit, today was very fun but on the way out, I saw a figure I'd recognize even if I lost half my brain cells and got a . It was the body I hated. Mine. 

Looking so dejected, my body looked soulless as if it were floating. Looking back down at me and Luhan's intertwined hands, guilt hit me. Guilt hit me HARD. 

"Pffft. What are you talking about? I'm being completely normal."

"No, you're not. You're different." 

"How so?" I put my hands on my hips as I stood in front of him in attempt to seem confident like Nayeon always is like.

"You keep yourself away from me all the time. You sleep on the couch. Since we came back from our date, we haven't exactly had a conversation or even so much looked at each other in the eye." At perfect timing, he hopefully glanced up at me but I turned my head away quickly. "I don't know. And it was so difficult to get you to go on a date with me today. For the past week, you've been having... moments, I don't know what to call them. You space out. And then when you finally come back, you treat me like a disease. It's just.." He heavily sighed and put his head into his hands. 

I knew his next words were going to violently tug at my heartstrings.

"I miss you. I miss the old you." 

 


No one's POV: 

 

Down on her knees on the floor of Joohee's bedroom, Nayeon was in the middle of praying for everything to change back until Kyungsoo rudely barged in and commanded her to get up. 

"What were you doing?" He questioned with one eyebrow raised. 

"None of your business." She retorted. Kyungsoo was slightly taken aback from Nayeon's response. Still trying to get used to having a different soul in his sister's body, he's confused as to where their relationship stands. They were complete strangers but now they are physically blood related..

"Okay... are you going through a stage right now or something..? Are you on your period, is that it? Mom's not home right now but I know how to make really good red bean soup. It's good for Joohee's body."

From hearing the concern in his voice, Nayeon immediently felt guilty. Kyungsoo was still somewhat of a stranger to her and it would be a terrible thing to do if she destroyed a sibling relationship. She could tell that he cared very much for his sister and for both their sakes, she decided to act differently. "Yeah, sure. I would love that. Thanks brother." She genuinely smiled at him.

After a few seconds of shock from her bipolar attitude, he told her he'll call her when it's done, gently closed the door and went to the kitchen. 

I should go help him actually. Nayeon thought. After taking her time down the stairs, she stopped at the bottom and held her breath. Down to the right, she heard the most beautiful voice she'd ever heard. She thought Kyungsoo had the radio and they were playing a remarkable new rookie's song but after she got closer to the kitchen and saw the boy swaying his hips and swinging his feet, she realized Kyungsoo was the one. 

The vibrato in his voice, the perfect pitch and key he sang at, the emotion spilled out through the lyrics, the smoothness and the way he controlled his voice, it was truly like an angel singing. 

"Kyungsoo!" The poor boy yelped and a bunch of red beans flew up into the air from being startled by Nayeon's outburst. 

"You scared me! Wow! What is it? I'm almost done, you can wait at the dining room." He said as he grabbed a broom from the other side of the room and started sweeping.

"No I'll help you. I can sweep, don't worry." She walked up to him and almost forcefully took the broom out of his hand to do it herself. He did not argue and turned back around the throw the still useful beans into the sauce pan.

After just one minute of silence, Nayeon couldn't stand it anymore. "Kyungsoo, can you please sing again? Can you sing a balled?"

"Sure?" He shrugged. "Joohee hears me sing all the time. She says she gets tired of it. She tells me to stop all the time." Nayeon's jaw dropped the floor the same time the broom she was holding did.

"WHAT?! Why would she?! Do you like singing? She doesn't allow you to sing? That's terrible! Sing as much as you like now!" So much for maintaining their old sibling relationship as usual.

"What song do you want me to sing?" 

"Mhmm... can you sing a Verbal Jint song?"

"Alright.." He tapped his chin and comtemplated what song to sing before starting "You Deserve Better". Quietly, Nayeon picked up the broom and put it back where it belonged. She took a seat at the dining table and looked at Kyungsoo's back. His shoulders would rise and sink with his breathing technique but soon, her eyes started closing. 

Her father used to sing to her when she was a child. He used to lay her on his belly and sing her a lullably. Despite being taller than 6 feet and having a rough demeanor, his voice was very soft. His stomach would rumble when he sang and even though he stopped doing that at three years old, she still remembered.

But what was odd was that thinking about her parents at the moment... didn't make her feel sad. It didn't make her feel longing. And as she listened to Kyungsoo's voice, she realized that she'd choose his over her fathers. 

 

Author's Note:

HIHIHIHIHIHIHIHIHI. I don't know, this chapter sorta kinda feels alittle bit useless and too short to me but at the same time super important. It might be a turning point, actually! So... please enjoy! I'm back! School is starting soon but suprisingly, with the mentality of homework and assignments, I will start writing more! The co-author position is still open but I don't need any more people to apply until or unless I say so in another update. Thanks! :D Nice to be back. And I'm better from my accident! Scars everywhere but the big injuries are gone! 

Don't know if I'm gna regret this or not (lawlz my face, thats a bad pic but whatever) but this is a picture from the emergency room

1079104_689579687724834_53056698_o.jpg

 

Also, did everyone see miley cyrus at the vma's? TROLOLOLOL

tumblr_ms4b7ykPY71rcgpm7o1_500.gif

tumblr_ms4b7ykPY71rcgpm7o2_500.gif