Saturday Part Two

Seven Days

The barcode scanner makes a loud ‘beep’ as it passes by the miniature black lines on the flimsy DVD case.

“One day rental comes to 3000 won,” the employee says politely.

Noticing Kyungsoo rummaging in his pocket for his wallet, Kai states, “I can pay this much. Don’t worry about it.” As they’re completing their transaction, Kyungsoo can feel the smooth texture of cardstock in his pocket. The movie pass, he thinks solemnly.

Go with your girlfriend next week.

His heart squeezes as he remembers Kai’s words and his eyebrows knit together. Not with someone else... I...

“Kyungsoo?”

Said boy feels a jolt through his body, shaking him from his thoughts. Kai waves the DVD case in his hands. He notices the strange look on his boyfriend’s face and tilts his head to the side. “Is it the money? Is that worrying you?” Kyungsoo laughs at the statement that was completely off the mark. “Don’t just laugh. It really doesn’t matter.”

Patches of blue peek out through the grey, fluffy clouds as the cool and crisp wind breezes by. As they’re passing over a bridge, Kyungsoo stops to look out over the landscape. Square and rectangular buildings are jutting out of the ground and colorful orange, red, and yellow trees are poking out from between them. Kai stops and looks back at him.

“It’s a nice place to live,” Kyungsoo says softly.

“Mm... the area is close to the station too.” Kai pauses as he sees his house and remembers Kyungsoo’s stunningly enormous one. He smirks. “Ah, I’ll just tell you now that our house is just a normal one, unlike yours.”

The older boy laughs at the statement, his eyes twinkling.

“I’m home!” Kai hollers as he enters through the mahogany door. Light footsteps round the corner and a chubby face peers at him.

“Oh, Kai! You came back at a good time. I was just about to go out too...” Xiumin trails off as he notices that they’re not alone.

“Come in,” Kai says, taking off his shoes.

“Hello,” Kyungsoo greets, a friendly expression on his face as he nods his head slightly.

Cute...! Xiumin thinks, his mouth slightly ajar. Kai notices his roommate’s reaction and pinches his cheek harshly. “Ow!”

He walks into the house and waves a hand at him. “It’s fine if I watch the house for you, right? Go wherever you want.”

“Y-you pinched me~!” Xiumin whines cutely.

“It’s love.” Kai shuffles up the stairs, motioning towards his boyfriend to follow him. Kyungsoo smiles gently at Xiumin and continues into the house.

The older boy closes the door to the bedroom and remarks, “How cute!” Surprised by the words, Kai looks at him with a disgusted expression on his face.

“What? Who? Where?”

“Your roommate’s face. It’s so chubby and round! Your relationship is really cute. It makes me kind of envious,” he replies, smiling.

The younger boy glances over at him, his eyes slightly narrowed. He pokes the DVD player with his fingertips and inserts the shiny disk before finally responding, “So he’s your type then.”

Taken aback, Kyungsoo enlarges his eyes. “What?!”

“You said that you liked my face or something before. Did you change your type?” Kai asks nonchalantly, still messing with the DVD player.

Kyungsoo’s face is beet red as he tries to recall his words to no avail. “... I said something so embarrassing...?”
 
Finally managing to coax the DVD to display its main screen, Kai crosses his legs on the floor and leans back against his bed. “You did, so don’t forget it,” he says firmly.

The older boy, still embarrassed, puts down his athletic bag in the corner and shuffles over to where his boyfriend is sitting. He hears a small laugh. “I actually really don’t like people saying they like my face.”

His expression is sad as he apologizes. “Sorry...”

“You’d apologize for something you don’t remember saying? Sit, sit.” He pats the hardwood floor next to him gingerly.

“But I...”

“It’s fine. I’m happy.” Even so, it makes Kyungsoo feel guilty.

He tries to remedy the situation sloppily as he proceeds to sit down. “Er, but.. not just your face...”

“Yeah. I know.” The younger boy’s face is tender and his face holds a slight blush as he looks towards the television screen.

I... really... like this person... Kyungsoo thinks warmly.

He’s sitting with his back straight, his body stiff as Kai, head on his bed, breaks through the monotone drabble of the movie. “Hey. Isn’t this boring?”

The monitor lets out a ‘tadah!’ unsuccessfully trying to catch the attention of its viewers. The older boy glances over.

“You said you wanted to watch this no matter what...” After a few seconds he relents. “It’s boring.”

In a quick flurry of movements, Kai jabs the ‘stop’ button on the remote and knocks over a small stack of books on his floor as he stabs some buttons on his cell phone screen. “Damn iiit,” he growls angrily.

The older boy looks at him in wonder as he sits quietly in his spot. He can hear the faint ringing and finally a click. A vague ‘yes?’ on the other line answers.

“GIVE ME BACK MY RENTAL FEE, STUPID!” Kai screams brashly into the receiver, shocking the other boy, and swiftly ending the call. He falls face-first onto his plush bed.

“...Who did you just call? Don’t tell me it was the rental store...”

He rolls his body to face his boyfriend’s. “Baekhyun.” His phone buzzes, signifying the arrival of a text and he glides his finger over the screen to read it.

From: Baekhyun
Subj: How unexpected

Don’t tell me you actually borrowed the DVD I was talking about yesterday? d=(^O^)=b Tricked you!

The older boy glances at the screen. “You were fooled?”

“Lately... I keep being fooled by Baekhyun.”

“Did something else happen?” Kyungsoo asks curiously. Kai looks up at him with the one eye not smothered by the bedsheets and the image of their kiss in the park situates itself in his mind. He closes the eye and rolls so that his back is facing his boyfriend.

“Kai?”

“Watching the boring thing made me sleepy...”

Kyungsoo giggles and smiles with his eyes. “You say that at least once a day.”

“...I can’t help it. Yesterday... I didn’t really sleep...” he mumbles.

The older boy moves from his rigid position to his head at his boyfriend. “What were you doing?”

Kai pauses for a moment and pushes himself off the bed so that he’s sitting on the floor facing the other, his elbows resting on the mattress. He looks up slowly into Kyungsoo’s eyes and they stare at eachother for a silent moment before he replies huskily.

“I was thinking... about you.”

The hushed moment is suddenly excruciatingly loud as Kyungsoo hears the booming of his heartbeat in his head. He’s unable to force his body to move as he’s glued in his position. What did... he say?

Kai’s lithe fingers reach up slowly to brush the hair strands at Kyungsoo’s temple like he did that day on the walkway. The older boy’s eyes shut tightly and he flinches. His hand is gripping the fabric at the bottom of his shirt for dear life as he realizes that it’s getting hard to breathe. A look of tenderness occupies Kai’s face as he brushes his thumb lightly along his boyfriend’s jawline, his hand moving to the side of his neck, by his ear. He leans in, his fingers softly molding to the shape of the side of other’s head and presses his lips against his.

Kyungsoo brings his hand up unhurriedly to wrap around the other’s when their lips part. They’re slightly out of breath and he whispers his boyfriend’s name.

“Kai...”

He leans in to kiss the younger boy lovingly next to his nose. Their half-lidded eyes meet and they share another kiss, this one filled with even more emotions than the last. They part for moments before sharing numerous passionate kisses, each one increasing in intensity, breathing heavily into each other’s hot mouths. Kyungsoo’s hand wanders to the hem of Kai’s shirt and he lifts it slightly to caress the feverish, firm skin underneath.


A ringtone jerks them back to reality and they break their desirous kiss and body contact . Panting from the exertion, Kyungsoo looks to the floor where his phone is hiding inside of his folded jacket.

“Your phone... hurry and answer it,” Kai says breathlessly. Kyungsoo knows this ringtone all too well but proceeds to remove the phone from his jacket to reject the call.

In that moment, Kai catches a glimpse of the name on the screen and panic sweeps through him.

Luhan again.

The older boy returns the phone to his pocket and sees the colorful movie pass.

“Hey... Kai, this..”

“The call. Who was it from?” the younger boy asserts firmly.

Not wanting to ruin the mood, the older boy removes the paper from the jacket and replies offhandedly, “Ah... I don’t know. It was from an unknown number so...”

Kai’s stomach drops and he can feel a considerable heaviness in his heart as he knows that his boyfriend was lying to him.

Kyungsoo tries to hand him the piece of cardstock. “This... next week I want to go with Kai to this.”

Kai looks down at the pass with a dark expression and a mix of anxiety, anger, and sadness filling his being. He opens his mouth slightly to say something but closes it again, deciding against it as he hears Kyungsoo’s phone ringing again.

“As sunbae and hoobae?”

Kyungsoo’s heart stops in that moment as he takes in the oppressing atmosphere between them.

 

The phone continues to ring.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I apologize for the confusion (ahh my bad writing skills... trying to make the story fit). Sehun is Kyungsoo's cousin and "Then it's decided." (said in chapter 8) means that they've decided to go to Kai's house. 

I'm also horribly sorry about more angst... darnnit...