Friday Part Two

Seven Days

Time stopped in that moment for Kai. He wasn’t sure what to think, what to do. A slow rush of warmth envelops his body and his heart begins to beat again after a moment of being frozen in time.

...very likeable.

The words are echoing in his head and he can hear his blood pumping in his veins, loudly in his eardrums. A slow smile creeps onto his face as his lips curve upwards. “...Thank you,” he whispers, just barely loud enough for the other to hear. Kyungsoo turns to look at him, his heartbeat also quickening.

Kyungsoo’s thoughts are messy now. When you say thank you... just who are you thanking? What are you thinking right now?

…..It’s scary....  

Kai turns to look at his boyfriend’s face and smiles warmly. “I’m glad,” he states.

Kyungsoo, uneasiness pooling up in his stomach, replies, “I-is that so...”

The younger boy continues, “Every single time they realized what I was really like, I’d know it was over. The girls would always walk away with a disappointed look. My friends can’t take it either, always saying that I’m a waste of a pretty face.” He pauses to smile a bit at himself. “This is the first time I’ve been told... that I’m okay just the way I am. Thank you.”

The older boy sighs a bit and looks up at him shyly, responding with, “You’re... as slow as ever.”

“Kai-sshi!”

Kyungsoo and Kai look over to see the swim team’s manager jogging up to them, out of breath. A slight blush on her face. “I... um.. could... I have a word with you?”

“Eh? Ah... now...?” Kai stutters, surprised at the situation. Kyungsoo realizes at once what she has to say to him and averts his gaze.

Kai glances over at his boyfriend and says, “Um, why don’t you go on without me first...”

“I’ll wait for you. I’ll wait for you here.”

Uneasy, he pauses for a moment and looks over at the girl. He tries to say in a light-hearted voice, “Alright then. I’ll be right back.”

All the while he’s following the girl, he can’t help but glance back at where Kyungsoo is waiting, anxiety filling his heart as he notices Kyungsoo’s distressed face looking at him.

Uncomfortable with the turn of events, he keeps thinking about his boyfriend’s face. What was that... I just can’t get his expression off my mind... I should hurry back... he thinks as he’s listening to her confession to him. What am I doing thinking of him at a time like this?

“Unless... no, that couldn’t... I mean, I...” she stutters.

This girl has really gathered up her courage. “Which part of me do you like?”

Shocked, she flinches a bit and nervously replies, “Well... I... uh, when I watch you, sometimes... you’re really... beautiful... and... you’re really tall... It’s just, you give off an air of perfection... and I really-- I really like it! I think you’re my ideal person and--”

It’s human nature to judge by appearance. It’s not just males who are superficial. No one bothers about things they cannot see, like the heart. Rather, it’s all about my face.

“Thank you, but... I’m sorry. I’ll definitely disappoint you,” Kai answers.

“How can that be?” the girl says, upset about his statement.

“I’m sorry. Because... the person that I’m seeing right now... says that I’m okay just the way I am.”

 

 

⥈⥈⥈


He’s walking back to where Kyungsoo is waiting, apprehension still oozing from his heart. Huh, I feel so uneasy, he thinks as he clenches the fabric on his chest tightly. As he approaches him, Kyungsoo still has a dismal expression on his face, his hands shoved into his pockets.

“Where do you live?” he asks cheerfully when he arrives.

“Huh?”

“Because you’re always the one sending me home!” The anxiety ebbs away slowly as he looks at his boyfriend.

“Yeah, but... I do that because I want to,” Kyungsoo responds slowly.

“Yup, and now I’m doing this because I want to as well.”

The older boy takes this in and shoots a bright smile at the other. “Let’s go then!” Kyungsoo replies happily, walking away from the staircase with a slight bounce.

Kai, noticing that they’re heading in the complete opposite direction from his house speaks up, “But, the station is that way!”

“I know. My house is this way,” he answers jubilantly.

 

 

⥈⥈⥈


Twenty minutes of walking, a forty-minute train ride, and ten more minutes of walking later, they arrive at a stone and metal gate twice as tall as Kai is. He gazes up at it in shock and awe as Kyungsoo pushes the intercom button. 


“Welcome home,” a mechanical voice greets.

“I’m home. A hoobae from school is with me.”

“Understood.”

“Kyungsoo...! 
You've never told me about this!” Kai says evilly as he grips his hand on said boy’s shoulder. Surprised, Kyungsoo widens his eyes innocently and looks up at him. 

 

“After we finally came this far... are you going to leave?” he asks softly. Kai brings both hands to his face and covers his eyes, trying to collect his thoughts after the sudden attack of aegyo. 


“I won’t leave... but wow, some guys just have it all,” he finally replies.

“All? Those kinds of people don’t really exist, do they?”

“Then what else would you want?” At this, Kyungsoo turns his head to look into Kai’s eyes. “W-what?” Unsure of Kyungsoo’s thoughts, Kai inches away uncomfortably. The entrance to the gate clicks open then and a butler greets them, ushering them inside the estate.

The second they enter the house, a voice reaches them from the stairs and excited footsteps follow. “Welcome home~!” it singsongs.

Kai comes face-to-face with the beautiful person now. They look at each other for a moment and the person’s mouth opens slightly. “Such a pretty kid!” he coos. “I just love faces like his! How old are you? What’s your name?”

Kai inches back slightly at the flood of questions. Kyungsoo’s older brother? he thinks.

Right then, Kyungsoo pulls the beautiful man by the shoulder and says, “Luhan, you’re troubling Kai.”

Luhan...

“Isn’t it fine?” Luhan responds and looks over at him. “So you’re called Kai.”

Kai feels ill hearing his name come from the mouth of the person who Kyungsoo used to date. A mix of anger, distress, and fear are rippling through him. Somehow... somehow, I really...

“What beautiful skin,” Luhan says as he brushes his fingertips on Kai’s jawline.

Hate him.

Kyungsoo grabs Luhan’s hand suddenly, pulling it away from Kai. “Don’t screw around. I’ll get mad,” he utters quietly.

He still likes Luhan so much... that he won’t let him touch me? the younger boy thinks cynically.

Luhan looks over at him, confused when a sudden realization hits him. He looks back at Kyungsoo’s friend and suddenly recalls something.

“The person who would be considered beautiful rather than cute!” He says, pointing at Kai. “The most important person to--” Kyungsoo’s hand covers Luhan’s mouth before he can continue.

In that moment Kai feels all of his emotions rush out of him and he yells, “What... WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!”

Astounded by the show of anger, silence passes over everyone.

“Damn it,” Kai mumbles as he turns to leave. After a few steps he breaks out in a sprint, leaving the two staring after him.

“.... no way...” Kyungsoo mumbles and runs after him, leaving Luhan behind.

Fast!! Kyungsoo thinks as he tries desperately to catch up. “Wait!” he shouts.

Kai, hearing the scream, turns to look back but doesn’t stop running. What am I doing?! he mentally yells at himself. He rounds a corner and his shaky legs collapse. His mind is racing through so many thoughts and the sound of his heavy panting fills his ears. He can hear the footsteps behind him as Kyungsoo approaches, also breathing heavily.

“Haa.. Kai, what’s wron--”

“SHUT UP!!”

Kyungsoo freezes. He sees his boyfriend getting up from his position and his face softens.

“Just...tell me why you’re angry.”

Why...? At what am I...?

Realization suddenly hits him as Kai turns slowly towards his boyfriend. His eyes gradually making their way up from the ground to look into the face staring back at his. He looks away swiftly and his body starts burning with emotion.

 

 

 

 

My friends said that seven days is long enough to dream...

 

but, to me...

 

seven days was enough to fall in love.

 

 

 

Two days.