Chapter 6: First Kiss

The Royal Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“The food looks scrumptious, Auntie.” Chansung said. “Can’t wait to try them all.” He said, rubbing his hands together.

“It’s been a while since we saw you, but you guys don’t seem to age.”  complimented Wooyoung.

The King and Queen laughed. “These kids! Well, you boys have grown into big handsome men.” The Queen commented. “And the girls, prettier.”

“Our Yoona has become extremely beautiful.” The King agreed.

Taecyeon smiled proudly. “Of course!”

Yoona blushed. “Thank you, Uncle.”

“What are you waiting for kids, take your seats and dig in.” he said.

“Let’s sit together, Khunnie.” Uee said, taking a seat beside Nichkhun.

“P’Khun! Sit here! Let’s switch.” Cherleen called.

Nichkhun nodded and trade places with Cherleen who was sitting across Uee. Cherleen smiled triumphantly at her. Uee frowned, but started eating anyway.

“Why aren’t you eating, Khunnie?” Uee asked.

“Where’re Vic and Krystal?” Cherleen asked, looking around.

“Yes, where are the two darlings?” her mom asked. “Bell, have you seen the girls?” she asked a servant.

“Yes, your Highness. They were at the kitchens.”

“The kitchens? What were they doing there?” The King asked.

“We’re here, Uncle, Auntie.” said Victoria, coming out with Krystal, each carrying a plateful of dishes in their hands.

Nichkhun abruptly stood up and took the dish from Victoria, who blushed and thanked him. Junho, Junsu and Wooyoung exchanged looks. Uee frowned at Nichkhun’s gestures and glared at Victoria. Chansung stood up and helped Krystal.

“Wait a minute!” Taecyeon cried, staring at Krystal. Krystal looked at him, eyes wide. “You’re… OW!” Yoona had kicked him in the shin under the table. Taecyeon turned to his girlfriend and found her raising her eyebrows at him, giving him the ‘shut-your-mouth’ look.

“What’s wrong, Taecyeon?”

“Nothing Auntie. I accidentally bit my tongue.” Taecyeon answered, Yoona glaring at him.

“Oh. Well, sit down girls. Let’s have dinner.” She said.

“Uh… we’ll eat later, Auntie.” Krystal said.

Victoria nodded. “Yes. It’s not appropriate for us to eat with you. We’ll eat after, Auntie.”

“What are you talking about? Of course you should eat with us.” Cherleen exclaimed.

Nichkhun was about to say something when Uee interjected. “Excuse me, who are they anyway?” she asked.

“Oh, right. We never had a chance to have proper introductions.” Cherleen said. “Vic, Kry, they are P’Khun’s friends, Wooyoung, Junsu, Chansung, Junho, Taecyeon, Yoona,” she introduced. “… and Uee.” She added in disgust. “Guys, these are Victoria and Krystal. They’re…”

“Prince Nichkhun’s and Princess Cherleen’s personal maids.” Victoria said quickly.

“…MY FRIENDS.” Cherleen said, looking pointedly at Uee.

Uee smirked. “You’re friends with the helps?” she said rudely.

“Nonesense! You girls are our guests! Now take your seats and eat.” The King said kindly.

“But…” Krystal started.

“Yes. And you know that we only allowed you to work because you insisted. But if I have it my way, I’ll have you two become my own daughters.” The Queen said. “Now, I insist you two to eat now.”

Victoria and Krystal looked at each other. They know that they have no other choice but to give in.

Nichkhun reached out and held Victoria’s hand. “I won’t eat if you won’t.” he told her. Uee frowned again upon hearing this.

Victoria sighed and nodded. Nichkhun smiled and helped her get seated.

“Kry, sit beside me.” Cherleen called happily.

“Wow. The Mapo tofu tastes really awesome!” Junsu  commented, taking a full bite.

“I’ll say, the Pad Thai tastes a little different than usual, but I think it tastes better.” The King said.

“Chef Nabnian, you outdid yourself today. This is such a wonderful, wonderful meal!” the Queen prais

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter