Chapter 10: Better Off Without Each Other

The Royal Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Victoria got off the phone after talking to Minho.  He called to inform her that her parents are out of the country for the time being and that he still got no clue who Victoria’s fiancé is.

“But I think I’m getting there.” Minho has said. “It’s just that it seems like they’re being too careful not to let me know, but I’m going to find out somehow.” he said confidently.

Victoria chuckled remembering her cousin’s words. There is no one in their family that is more stubborn and persistent than Minho.

Then, someone tapped Victoria’s shoulder making her gasp in surprise.

“Sorry, did I scare you?” it was Yuri.

Victoria shook her head. “Is there anything I could do for you, Lady Yuri?”

“Well, there is one thing…” she started, eyeing Victoria carefully. “How long have you and Khun been together?”

“Uh… not too long…”

“I understand that you are his personal servant, am I right?” Yuri pressed.

Victoria nodded.

“What I don’t understand is… how… I mean, you don’t look like a peasant at all, you could pass for a royal blood yourself…”

“Krystal and I are tourists, the day that we came to Thailand was the day we met Cherleen in a marketplace.  She offered to let us stay here but we insisted to work for we do not want to be burdensome.” explained Vic.

“Unusual… so naturally, Nichkhun had fallen into your charms.  It figures.” sighed Yuri.  “I’ll get to the point, Victoria,” she said, eyes never wavering from Vic, who listened silently. “I like you and you seem to be a sweet girl.  But as you know by now, Nichkhun and I are getting married and I don’t want anyone to come in between us, especially not a commoner like you.  So I hope you would understand… I want you to stay away from my husband.” she said harshly before giving her a sweet smile.  “Nice talking to you.” and with that, she left.

*    *     *

“So, what did Minho want?” asked Krystal as soon as Victoria entered the room.  She, Yoona, and Cherleen were huddled in the bed.

“Nothing, he’s just making sure that we’re okay.” Victoria answered, confusion etched on her face seeing Cherleen there.

“Minho? Do you mean China’s Prince Minho?” Cherleen asked. “He’s your cousin, right?”

Victoria’s eyes widened in panic and quickly turned to Krystal and Yoona who were not meeting her eyes, both were looking extremely guilty. “What… I…” Victoria stammered.

“We’re really sorry, Vic.” Yoona said.

“We were careless.” added Krystal.

“It wasn’t really their fault, Vic. I should have knocked.” said Cherleen. “I walked in on them.”

“Oh,” Victoria didn’t know what to say. “I… “ she started. “I’m really sorry for not telling you, Cherleen.  You must be mad at me right now for lying to you, I don’t deserve to be called your friend.”

“Are you kidding? This is the most fantastic news I’ve had all day!” exclaimed Cherleen. “Wait till P’Khun knows about this. He’ll be over the moon!”

“No!” cried Victoria.

“Why not?” Cherleen asked, startled.

“Please don’t tell him, Cherleen.  I’m begging you, please.”

“Why? If P’Khun and my parents know who you really are then P’Khun will not have to marry that Yuri.  And everything will be happily ever after.” pointed out Cherleen.

“That’s just it. He’s getting married now. I don’t want to make things more complicated than it is.  Besides, I can tell that Yuri really likes him.” said Victoria sadly.

“But you really like him too.” said Yoona.

“Yes, I do.” admitted Victoria, “but we’re just not meant to be.  Like him, I am betrothed.  To whom, I don’t know. Do you understand what I’m saying, Cherleen?”

“But…”

“Please Cherleen, promise me you won’t tell.”

Cherleen kept silent.

“Promise me.” Victoria said again.

Cherleen finally spoke. “Fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter