Fifth Chapter

Series of Hand Holding.

 

“When I saw you, I thought I’d have you, or I’d die.”

-17 again

 

With you..

 

You walked to house with your hands in your pockets, thinking about what you and Lily had just discussed on the way home.

 

You sighed, “Oh, what a day.”

 

 You looked up at the navy blue sky with your hands in your pockets. Had you known that it was going to rain soon you started to sprint to your house. You knew, and everybody knew that you weren’t a very good runner so you stopped at a drug store near your house. You entered the bright lit store and sat down at one of the counter chairs near the window. You rested your head on the counter and looked out the window, watching the life out on the other side of the window pass by. Then you noticed two silhouettes outlined by the light posts of the neighborhood. You picked your head up and wrinkled your nose.

 

“Hm, one is fairly tall,” you looked down and smiled, “my kind of guy.”

 

You got up from your chair and walked to one of the snack aisles to get, I don’t know, a so called midnight snack. After you walked to the aisle you heard the door’s bell ring back and forth; with the exception of two teenaged boys along with it.

 

You picked a snack from the end of the rack, knowing that those bags of chips haven’t gotten tormented by chip-loving child. As you reached to get the bag at the back of the rack you saw that there was a crack. Through that crack you saw them, “Omo!” You lifted your head and bumped it on the chip holding rack.

 

With Zelo..

 

After what the manager told Zelo, he was somewhat smirking to himself. Even if the chance was 50%, everybody knew what the answer would be for that little maknae and that answer would be,

 

Yes.

 

“Jonguppie hyung,” Zelo beamed with joy still in the hallway, “would you like to come with me to a drug store, I want a snack.”

 

“Yeah sure, I have time.” Jongup shouted from the kitchen.

 

Zelo made his way from the hallway to the front door of the complex. He put on his shoes and waited for his hyung to tag along. As soon as Jongup made his way to the frontdoor with his shoes on, Zelo opened the door.

 

It was silent as they walked with their hands well deep in their jean pockets. Then Jongup spoke, “Tell me the real reason,” He looked up at Zelo who was still walking; looking straight ahead, “The real reason why you wanted to stay, here.”

 

Zelo sighed and looked at his hyung, “You promise you won’t tell anyone?”

 

“Zelo-ah, why would I have to-“

 

“-Just promise me.” Zelo whined, holding his pinky out and waited. Jongup looked at it for a while, but took it. They laced the pinkies and pressed thumbs, the truth spilled out.

 

Zelo sighed and stared at the street lights, “I, I wanted to see her again.”

 

“What? Who did you want to see?” Jongup asked.

 

“The girl,” Zelo searched his brain, remembering the thought of you, “____-ssi”

 

Jongup scoffed, “You want to stay, here? Out of all the places you wanted to stay, here, for a, a, girl?”

 

“A girl is an understatement.” Zelo’s remark was made and they arrived at the Drug store.

 

The bell rang and it indicated that they had made it into the drug store, they were still carrying on their private conversation when Zelo saw a pair of eyes watching them.

 

“It can’t be.” Zelo whispered staring into your eyes.

 

“Omo!” A voice said startled, and after that a bump followed.

 

“What are you staring at?” Jongup looked the way Zelo was staring and saw a silhouette of a girl, “Oh, Nevermind.” Jongup continued in a sarcastic tone.

 

Zelo gave him a shove and a ‘what the actual fudge’ look.

 

“what?”

 

With Jongup…

 

When I heard Zelo mutter something and stare into space, I had to know what was up.

 

I looked to where he was looking and then I saw her. It had to be her. What was her name?

 

“____-ssi.” He remembered.

 

She is better looking than I thought she was.

 

Zelo’s got a catch.