chapter 2

Let Us Buy The Love

 

-Bom’s POV-
Summer dress, check! Sun block cream, check! Make up kit, check! Shoes, check! Wedges, check! Alright, I think everything is ready. Finally, it’s the time. I’m going to wait for Seungri’s arrival. I’m about to fry some potatoes when my phone suddenly ring.

“Yes, babe?” I pick up.

“Unnie! Where are you?” I heard Chaerin whined on the other line.

“Still home. Why?”

“You better pick me up really quick because he’s going here too! Oh my God!”

“He? He who?”

“Jang Geun Seuk!” I gasped. Jang Geun Seuk

“That bastard?!!” I yelled. I can see Chaerin nodded, since she’s really silly that she thinks I can see her through the phone.

“Okay, I’ll tell Seungri to race later. I’m waiting for him.”

“Unnie, don’t tell him about this whole thing, okay?” Geez, I don’t understand women at all! They act so complicated!

“Arasso.”

--

“Why did you get so long?! I’ve been waiting since a mammoth was living on my background.” Chaerin yelled as she threw herself in the car. They are picking up the last person on the list to go today and it’s Chaerin.

“Yah! I was racing like mad after Bom ushered me to be quick. She said you need help. I guess you really do need help for fixing your brain.” Seungri snapped, stepping on the gas.

“Hmph! Look who is talking now.” She trailed as the car was still glued on the ground. Well, Seungri didn’t step on the gas, but the brake instead. Jiyong burst into laugh right then.

“Stupid.”

“Don’t call me stupid, you old !!”

“What?! You erted moron!”

“You can never get that down, huh? You always shouting. Is that your habit, huh, ugly cat?”

“Yes, and my favorite meal is a sticky pig who always get drenched in the mud. His name is Seungri.”

“Yah! Shut up, !”

“Yah! Shut up, !”

“Are they always like that?” Dara asked Bom from the back of the seat. Bom looked back and nodded.

“Isn’t that cute? This is what you call love fight.” Bom giggled. Dara looked at them in awe. It’s Jiyong and Bom, and now Seungri and this girl named Chaerin. She really has to seek on another man to fall in love.

--

“Is this what you get? Like, SERIOUSLY?!” Chaerin yelled. She couldn’t believe her eyes.

-Seungri’s POV-

THIS is why I don’t want this crazy to join us. She will freak out once she looks at our vacation house. Since we are in Dong Yuan village, I rent a rather cheaper house which is enough for the six of us. I just want to try something new. Jiyong hyung smirked as he put down Bom’s bag on the ground. I know he’s okay with any idea as long as Bom’s here.

“Lee Seungri! If you need more money, you could have just told me! We’re not gonna stay here.” The said and she dragged her luggage with Bom. Wait, why she drag Bom too?!

“Yah, if you don’t like the house, just go. But don’t bring Bom out of this place. She’s here with me.” I said, pulling Bom’s other hand. Chaerin scoffed and hit my forehead.

“Hey, stupid. Do you even have brain? How could we stay at a place like this?! It looks like my maid’s room.” She commented.

“Chaerin-ah..” Bom trailed, gaining her attention. “You know you don’t have anywhere to run now, right? Just, bear with this for 2 days.” Chaerin’s hand fell on her side. I could say, she had lost her energy.
“At least, he would never expect you to be here. You’re save.” Bom continued.

Wait. What? He who?

“What? Are you avoiding someone?” I asked. Chaerin’s eyes immediately widened. She hid something from me.
I know, I know this would be absurd, but yes I’m disappointed! She could just tell me what’s wrong and I’ll definitely help her! We’re friends ever since Elementary School, right? I might be rude to her and all but honestly, when I see her hurting somewhere, that’s me who feel the pain. I don’t even know why.

“Nothing. A stupid like you won’t know a thing.” She answered. Okay, I take all my words back. She’s rude!

“Anyway, Let’s go take a look inside!” Minzy shout and everybody walked in the house. Jiyong hyung led the way while I’m at the very back, walking near Ms. . Her luggage seems so heavy that she’s getting troubled by just dragged it away. My hands turned in to a warning mode to catch her if she would fall due to her high heels. Geez, She’s rude and yet I’m this worried to her.
She sighed and looked back. Our eyes met and I could see a smirk forming on her lips. She then takes out her hold from her luggage, making them fall on the ground and smiled at me.

“Thank you, panda.” She simply said and continued walking. I smiled. It must be heaven if she could just smile like that all the time. Her smile is beautiful, you know! Her lips looks so tempting and not to mention, with lip-gloss she always wearing make it more kissable. Gosh, what am I talking about? It’s Ms. !!!
I look down on the ground where her luggage is. Panda. Heh, she knows I love it when she calls me that. I don’t know why I love it when she brand me as an animal, panda and got mad like a monster when my classmate called me a cat. It’s like everything that came from sounds so cute for me. Oh yes, but I hate her for calling me stupid. And I hate her for letting me bring up her luggage.

Sigh.

--

-Bom’s POV-

“Welcome. I’m glad you are willing to stay here, my daughters are lonely for the time being since they are having their holidays but get nowhere to go.” The owner of the house greeted us while we are on the dining table, ready to eat our dinner. 2 young girls are seated next to her in front of me, smiling like angels. “Come on, introduce yourselves, girls.” She said.

“Hello, my name is Kim Yuri. I’m 15 years old. Nice to meet you.” A girl with a really pale face greeted and I smiled. She’s nice and looks fragile. Looking at her is making you want to protect her.

“I’m Kim Hanul. 9 years old, nice to meet you.” The sister introduced herself and I grinned. She looks cute with that ponytail.

And then we introduced ourselves as well. Jiyong is pretty much attached to Hanul. His eyes beaming every time she giggled for Seungri and Chaerin bickering. Dara and Minzy too, enjoying the sight of this warm dinner. But my eyes moved to the silent sister, Yuri. She just smile weakly and her face doesn’t even lit up. She looks so pale that I swear I could just mistaken her skin as papers.

“Yuri, are you alright? You look so pale.” I asked, showing her that I’m worried. Her eyes met mine and she’s smiling sincerely. I felt goosebumps as I think I just saw all of her body is actually smile at me. It’s like my words really make a good impact on her. As if no one ever realized that there’s something wrong with her health.

“I’m okay..” she trailed, but I just can see her. She’s not right. I can read her like an open book. I just know her for less than an hour but we have such a good bounding. I’m about to ask her again when Jiyong held my hand.

“Bom? What’s wrong?” He whispered. I took a glimpse at him and sigh.

“I think there’s something wrong with Yuri. You see, she looks so pale. We should bring her to the hospital.” I whispered back. He chuckled.

“Pale? She looks just fine, Bommie. You know, you look just like her. Both of you have a milky skin.” He said and hugged my shoulder, trying to calm me. I’m starting to get really worried.

“It’s not.. where’s the nearest hospital here?”

“Bom, her lips is still peach.”

“It’s lip-gloss. Can’t you even see it? Watch her carefully!”
This stupid jerk doesn’t believe me! There’s something really wrong with her. My eyes met hers again and this time she shook her head. I don’t understand what she means by that but then she lowered her gaze and slowly standing up.

“Excuse me, I get a little headache. I’ll be just in my room.” She said. I look aside and stare at Jiyong, giving him ‘I told you’ gaze. He just looked back at Yuri who walked weakly to her room. I immediately stand up too.

“Excuse me.” I said and walked to her.

--

Knock. Knock.
Bom knocked on Yuri’s room door and waited patiently. The door slowly opened and Yuri smiled at her.

“Bom unnie? Can I help you?” she asked.

“Uhmm… Are you okay?”

“Me? I’m fine. Why you ask about this again? You already asked me in the dining table.” Yuri moved aside, giving Bom a space to get in into the room. Bom hesitated but Yuri held her wrist and dragged her in.

“I.. I’m just.. You just look so pale. I know you don’t feel really well. Should we go to the hospital?” Yuri closed the door and instantly laughed at Bom’s words.

“No need to go to hospital, unnie. I’ve already check up there. I’m definitely fine.” She assured, pushing Bom to sit on her bed. She sat on the floor, facing Bom. “Thank you for your concern. Honestly, you’re the first.”

“First?”

“The first one to know my condition by just looking at me. I’ve using lip-gloss to cover up! Guess, you’re a doctor or something?” Bom’s brows furrowed. She knew this girl is hiding something!

“What is it?” Bom asked, her voice soft that it came out as a whisper. Her eyes started to tear as she clearly remember what happened to her very best friend.

“Cancer.”

It’s like the rooftop had fallen to her.

“Blood cancer.”

“Oh my God.” Bom covered with her palms as a tear falling from her eyes. Another person with blood cancer. Her child hood friend, Jiwon, had died due to the same disease. “Yuri, you can’t take this easily. We need to check you up everyday.” She sobbed.

“I don’t have enough money to do the check up, unnie. I’m working for it. But don’t worry, I take the medicine regularly. You should promise me something.” Yuri held her hands and squeezed it with all her hope.

“What is it?”

“You won’t tell anybody about this.”

“Oh my God, you crazy. I can’t do that.” Bom let her hands free from Yuri’s hold as she stood up. “Cancer is not something you can hide, Yuri. It involved your life! At least your mom should know.”

“No! unnie! I’m begging you. I have hid this for my entire life and you’re the first one to know my condition right now beside the doctor! I believe in you, unnie. Don’t make me hate you.” Bom stared at her in disbelief. She threatened her? Oh yes, she’ll tell her mom even she hate her! It’s for her own good! But her eyes flaming with anger as she stared back at Bom.

“Why? Why I can’t tell everybody?”

“We are already suffering, unnie. I don’t want to be a burden for my family. You see, I don’t have a father anymore. There’s no one who could take care of us. Mother always works hard to feed me and Hangul. I’m working too, for my own sake. I need the medication. Please don’t make her work much harder than she already is just for me. We still need the money to get Hangul to school.” Yuri said as her tears flow endlessly. This had slap Bom to the face. The fact that 15 years old girl who suffers a blood cancer, is fighting for her life and working hard for her family. She felt useless. Suddenly, she missed her parents. She should be thankful that she doesn’t need to work to get the money. But she never had thought that actually, her parents are working hard just to get her the money.
Bom felt her body trembled as the thought of her parents engulfed her. She abruptly hugging the crying Yuri.

“Shh.. Okay. Okay, I understand. Don’t cry.” Another tears escaped her eyes as she patted the little girl’s head and hugged her even tighter.

--

-Bom’s POV-

I left Yuri’s room when I made sure she’s already sleeping. I forgot to ask her farther about her cancer, but I’ll let it slip tonight. I will ask her like an interviewer tomorrow! I closed the door reaaalllyyy slow and made sure there’s no sound coming from it. When I turned my back, I nearly jumped out and dig my eyes with my own hands! Jiyong with his limp hair that just showed a little of his eye greeted me. He sat on the floor in front of his room! Oh my God, what is this stupid jerk doing at this hour?!

“Kyaah! Oh my God, Jiyong! What the hell are you doing?! You scared me!” I choked on my own saliva and coughed after yelling at him. I even forgot that Yuri is sleeping inside her room.

“What did you do there? Serious talk? You’ve been in there for 5 hours.” My jaw dropped. Don’t tell me, he is actually WAITING for me to come out?! Aww~ I know this jerk has something for the beautiful me!

“Why? Did you waiting for me? Oh, Jiyong baby~ We just had a girls talk in there. Don’t worry~” I as I walked near him and sat in front of him. His gaze softened as he cupped my face. Oh dear, if we are not best friend forever since elementary school, I bet I’ll melt right now. His stare is intense that I feel a little hot. My face heat up but my heart doesn’t beat faster. He always did this to me whenever he feels insecure.

“You have to tell me about that talk.” He said. See! He’s so worried that I’ll spill my secret to anybody and not him.

“There’s nothing….” But then I remember about Yuri’s blood cancer. I swear my head would explode with this thought. I just can’t let anybody end up the same as Jiwon. “Actually, there’s something…” I trailed. He cupped my face tighter and I have to look at him to make sure he won’t crash me.

“What is it?”

“Maybe I’ll tell you later, when we’re back..”

“Why?”

“Because it’s not about me.”

“Really?” I can see doubt in his eyes but I smiled and nodded. This best friend of mine is such a big baby! After awhile, he seems to believe me, he then kiss my forehead AGAIN. Geez, he always do that! And I just can’t say no because the look on his face whenever he did that is priceless. He looks so freaking hot! Lol.

“Alright then, you should have gone to bed. It’s 1 am already..” he whispered near me. His hot breath touch my skin.

“Yeah. I should go. You go to sleep too. You don’t need to wait me, you know.” I said, standing up together with him.

“I can’t help but to worry. You just disappeared in there and didn’t come out.” I giggled.

“You are adorable by doing that. Okay, I should go. Bye Jiyongie!” I patted his head and started walking to my room. He grinned sheepishly and waved at me.

“Goodnight, Bom.” Then he get in to his room.

 

***

 

Hi! Thank you so much for commenting and even subscribing this story! This is my first time writing in this site and I think I'm gonna repost all my stories here later! ^^ 

Well, I thought I will update every once a week but since I'm really happy to see your comments, subscribes and views, I decided to update now! lol but I will definitely update once a week next time. Please don't lose your interest and keep reading this story >< because I want to spread our aliens love~ 

To cikjue_2688 : thank you for your advice! I've put topbom tag ^^

To miss_booboo : updated :)

 

see you! <3