chapter seven

the king's illicit love

 

CHAPTER SEVEN

playlist of historical drama osts

 

 

"the queen has arrived!" se-hun sat back, and hee-song sat still. her face bright red, and she was horribly shocked. in barged in the queen with her usual smirk, and her cold eyes glaring holes in the back of hee-song's back. she plopped down in front of se-hun and put on her fakest smile, "chona, what are you doing? are you firing her?" she asked.

se-hun looked at hee-song and then back at ji-young. he smirked and snickered, "firing? she's the new palace maid. i just wanted to talk to her about the rules. what are you doing here barging into my quarters without my permission?" he coldly asked. ji-young looked at the palace maid, "chona, must we speak out loud in front of her?" she asked.

se-hun smiled, "but you yell at everyone anywhere, why not in front of her? she's not the gossipy type, i promise." he replied. the queen's eyes narrowed on him and she scowled, "chona, i just wanted to speak to you about our consummation date. it's been moved up and it's next week."

hee-song let out a small gasp and kept her head down. consummation date. the king and queen will bear a child soon. se-hun sighed and rubbed his temples, "i don't care. it's always being moved up, then moved down. it doesn't matter to me anymore. i'd rather sleep with a concubine than with you." he snapped.

ji-young let out a light scream and clenched her fists tightly. she had enough of his snappy replies, "the first child needs to be ours! OURS! you can't just have all your children of concubines! then who would rule the crown? the throne?!" she yelled. se-hun glared at her with a blank expression, "why should someone rule the throne? then your children will make joseon a very dark and evil world. i know that you're trying to kill me."

hee-song blinked. the queen was trying to take the throne away from the king? ji-young glared at the palace maid, "send her away." she demmanded. se-hun pursed his lips, "why? i was still talking to her. nah-ga." he said and pointed to the doors. the queen shrieked and stormed out of his room.

hee-song raised an eyebrow, "the queen is trying to steal the throne?" she asked. se-hun shrugged, "she's been. that's why she married me. it was because her father wants the throne, and she's the one that leads them to the crown. she could take it from under my nose, but the longer we wait for the consummtion date, the madder and moodier she gets." he replied. she nodded, "so... how did you push back the date?" she asked.

se-hun looked up at her and smiled, "wha- do you want to be the concubine i sleep with on the first night? i'd love to, but isn't that a little... anyways, i don't think we're ready for that subject yet. we only dated for half a year." hee-song's face reddened in embarrassment and she bit the inside of her cheek, "well... i don't think you're ready to even sleep with a girl, less likely me." she mumbled.

se-hun chuckled, "just give it some time, hee-song. i'm not going to sleep with some random girl." he rested his chin on the palm of his hand and stared dreamily at hee-song, "by the time we get married, you'll already be pregnant." hee-song's eyes widned and her lip twitched at the end and she began to cough, "uh... i have to get going... bye." she said and quickly left.

he laughed to himself. he loved to scare her.

 

 

 

"you seem fairly happy. did ji-young give you something last night or something?" jong-in asked se-hun. the namin sat down in front of the king and smiled.

se-hun smirked, "that's a very improper greeting, and mind your manners. an-i-yo. i found my first love again." he replied. jong-in chuckled, "the palace maid? she came back?" he asked curiously. he really wanted to know who this stranger was. who was this girl that made the king se-hun? se-hun smiled, "ne. she's attending my sister again."

jong-in smirked, "i'd like to meet her. she sounds pretty beautiful. so, how are things with the queen?" jong-in asked. se-hun's eyes turned icy cold, "wha! your expression changed so fast at the name of a person!"

the king smirked, "she's as stupid as ever. she's been waiting for the consummation date. say, how do you get a girl to get scared of the consummation date?" the namin shrugged, "tell her all the positions?" se-hun crinkled his nose at the idea, "that's disgusting jong-in. where do you get these ideas from? ugh, never mind. i don't even need to know where you get these dirty thoughts. i feel sorry for your fiancee."

jong-in laughed, "it's okay. she already feels sorry for herself. she's still rejecting me and using every excuse she can from marrying me." he smiled, "but she's intelligent and easily can tell me off." se-hun laughed, "wow, i didn't know you were that easy." the namin snickered, "sure i'm easy, but she's something... so, about that palace maid..."

the king chuckled, "no. i'm not telling anything. she'll be revealed when we get married." "but aren't you already married?" se-hun raised an eyebrow, "i won't be for long."

 

 

 

"what does she have that i don't?" ji-young mumbled and stared at the palace maid. the girl was laughing and talking cheerfully with the princess.

the queen's lady-in-waiting bowed, "mama, must i say that she has a very relaxed and happy personality-" "shut up. i wasn't asking you." the queen snapped and glared at the palace maid. her brown hair was nicely braided down her back, almost to her waist now, and she smiled freely.

ji-young tried to smile, but her cheeks stiffened and she couldn't do so, "aish! even the princess like her! what's wrong with me? i have money. i have looks. i even have the king in my hands! what makes her so loveable?!" she hissed. her lady-in-waiting pressed her lips together trying to not comment.

obviously, the queen was too cold and smirky, and she had a very edgy look. she almost looked like she would murder someone and get away with it. ji-young was truly oblivious to the fact that she was a monsterous person and made everyone scared. just by looking at her, you could tell she was slightly off.

"go get someone to watch that girl. leave nothing out."

 

 

hee-song walked home at night and sighed smiling. she had small skips in her steps, and her lips.

she was happy. the king was really oh se-hun, and he still loved her. yeah, he definitely freaked her out with the consummtion date, but he still had her in his heart. then she stopped. the queen.

the queen was planning a plot against the king, and was waiting for the right moment to claw out his eyes and take the throne for herself and her family. hee-song pursed her lips, but how could she help? as she began to ponder on life, jong-in hugged her from behind.

"good evening, my princess!" he sang. hee-song turned and smelled his breathe, "what's with you? you don't even smell of alcohol." she said. jong-in smiled and linked his arm with hers, "i'm just happy that's all." hee-song smirked, "why? did you sleep with a girl that knew what she was doing, or did you just teach a newbie how to?"

jong-in smirked, "whatever you want to think. anyways, i was thinking we should get married soon. the king and the queen's consummation date is soon, and after we find out if she is pregnant, we should have a shower for her, and a wedding for us." hee-song froze. "how do you know about the queen?" she asked.

he stared at her, "what are you talking about? i've been friends with the king since we were twelve. what about you?" he asked smiling. hee-song bit her lower lip, "i started working at the palace again."

"again?"

"ne. i was a palace maid, and i attended the princess." she replied.

jong-in stopped in his steps. "have you ever met the king before?" he asked. hee-song nodded, "ne. why?" she asked. the namin's eyes lowered, "you... are you still in love with him?"

 

 

author's notes:
i liked this chapter! :D haha i thought it was really good. luckily i could update today. i was sooo pumped to write more hahah!