chapter twelve

the king's illicit love

CHAPTER TWELVE

 

Oh Sehun peeked from behind the corner of the stone building as he watched Hee-song and his sister talk in the garden. Their conversation was ranging from soft giggles to furrowed brows. He didn't have the courage to walk up to them. It felt like modern day Sehun all over again. 

After Hee-song had helped him find his way back to the group, Sehun was unable to look at her the same way. Before, he was able to stare into her eyes and have a conversation without burning cheeks and stuttering words, but after she had practically saved him from straying away, Sehun had felt such emotions beat in his chest. 

Sehun laid his back against the cold stone surface and huffed, leaving a white puff of air hanging in the sky. He began to beat his head with his fist, "Why are you such a coward? She's just another girl. There's no need to be scared. Remember, she's just like your own sister..." 

There was a slight pause and he pushed himself off of the wall. Everything in the world was dead silent. 

Sehun looked back at the females in the garden to find only Hee-song moving. The princess remained still as she was leaning over the flowers, inhaling their sweet perfume. He walked over to Hee-song and cleared his throat catching her attention, "Do you know what's happening?" 

She shook her head with fear clouding her eyes, "I don't know. I think time has stopped."

Before they could make another movement, there was a flash of light and their vision became black.

 

 

 

"Oh Sehun," a voice cooed. 

The male rubbed his eyelids and slowly sat up, feeling soft blankets surrounding his torso.

.

His eyes shot open and Sehun looked over on his left to see Choi Chung-ae batted her lashes at him with her lips pursed in a pout. He blinked at her and gulped, "What... What are you doing here?" 

She cocked her head, "You seriously can't remember? What a jerk." 

Chung-ae tore the blankets off of her to reveal her in clothing and stormed out of the room. Sehun looked around and noticed he had no clue where he was. The walls were a plain white color, and the windows were heavily covered by thick striped curtains. He made his way to the curtains and pulled the fabric away to reveal the city of Seoul underneath his feet.

He gasped and walked around the room in panic. 

Where exactly was he? 

His phone rang and Sehun slid his thumb against the glowing screen and held it against his ear, "Sehun, meet me up at the cafe. We lost each other last night at the party... Where are you?" He pulled the phone away and looked at the contact's name.

It was Kim Jong-in.

Sehun stuttered, "I... I... I don't know?"

Jong-in laughed, "I'll see you later. Remember, my cafe at ten." 

The male hung up and threw the phone on the bed. Clothes were strewn on the floor, and Sehun picked up a gray wool sweater and slipped it over his torso and pulled up his zipper on his jeans. He put on his gray Converse and stuffed his Samsung in his pocket, walking out of the room to find himself in a long hallway.

He was in a hotel.

Sehun checked his jean pockets and found his wallet with folds of credit cards and thick stashes of paper bills. He walked to the elevator and pressed L to find the elevator's doors closing until a foot stopped the doors in time. A female voice broke him from his trance, "Excuse me! I'm sorry." 

He looked up to meet eyes with the one girl he was hoping to see.

"Hee-song."

 


author's note ;

I'm sorry for not upating when I promised. But I'm back for now. I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

-Ember

(p.s if you need to contact me like warning me about updating again, I'm on Wattpad under embxrh)