chapter six

the king's illicit love

 

CHAPTER SIX

playlist of historical drama osts

 

"hee-song-ah!" the princess squealed and hugged her. hee-song smiled and hugged the girl back. se-hun was now standing up with his mouth open wide. the eunuch kept on telling him to sit down, but se-hun walked down to hee-song. his eyes began to tear, and hee-song smiled seeing him.

the princess smiled even wider and held her hand, "unnie! i'm so glad you really came! from now on, the palace will be extra fun!" the princess said. hee-song nodded and looked at se-hun, "chona, may i take the job?" she asked with a slight bow. she avoided his eyes. 

se-hun cleared his throat and looked away, "ne. of course. go ahead, take so-young to wherever she needs to be." he said and went back to sit down. his mind was getting dizzy, and he could barely hold himself up any longer. the eunuch bowed and watched as hee-song walked off with the princess. 

"chona, may i ask something?" se-hun nodded. "is she your first love? the one during your adolescsnce that you talked about frequently?" se-hun's eyes widened, "what are you talking about? i'm now married to the queen. i shall not boast about my first love now." he said and ignored the eunuch's eyes. his mind still lingered on hee-song's sudden return. what made her come back?

 

"unnie, why don't we go to the fields? you still haven't shown me the beautiful flowers you pick!" the princess whined. hee-song smiled and bit her lower lip, "princess, you can't leave the palace carelessly anymore." the girl pouted and crossed her arms, "you're always locking me in the palace. but without you, the palace is a horrid ghost town. se- i mean chona never talks to me anymore, and the queen avoids everyone except her nasty mean lady-in-waiting, and the king."

hee-song widened her eyes, "really? is the queen as beautiful as i've heard?" the princess crinkled her nose and looked away, "she's average. but she always has a smirk plastered on her face, and she always looks mean. i don't like her one  bit. she's such a fake."

"don't say nonesense of the queen. you shouldn't be bad-mouthing her." hee-song said. the princess nodded and smiled, "hee-song-ah, can you tell me the story of when you and the king first fell in love?" the girl giggled.

hee-song raised an eyebrow, "we've never fell in love." "yes you have. i can see it in both of your eyes when you first saw him. he was shocked to see you back in the palace." the princess replied. hee-song shrugged, "should i tell you a secret of mine then? i don't think the king is the one that has went through this problem though." the princess nodded.

"many years after this... i had fell in love with a boy named oh se-hun. this was after joseon and the world was full of technology and science. joseon was called south korea, and i lived in the capital, seoul...."

 

 

se-hun sighed and rubbed his temples. the eunuch set down the tea and stood beside the king. "chona, are you feeling un-well? ever since the new court-maid had come, you've been acting very-" "the queen has arrived."

in stormed in the queen, ji-young. she plopped down on the cushion and crossed her arms across her chest, "chona, if you're weren't going to attend our anniversery, i would have just given up. do you know how many days it took me to get everything ready for this day? one hundred five days! i had gotten everything set, and you didn't even show up!" she pouted. se-hun eyed her, "i'm sorry, but i don't have time to celebrate our wedding anniversary." 

ji-young scoffed, "so, you have time to meet the new court-lady, but you don't have time to enjoy the day of our marriage? speaks a lot about yourself." "excuse me? i've never heard of such a disrespectful and low queen in my entire life." he snapped.

the eunuch quickly walked out avoiding the conversation. ji-young's face turned bright red, "yah! i'm not low or disrespectful. the disrespectful one is you! the king of joseon himself." se-hun smirked and began to read his book, "leave me now. i don't want my good day to turn gray."

the queen stood up and stormed out of the king's quarters. she angrily kept on kicking things around and stared at the princess and her new court-lady. she jealously watched the girl smile and laugh with the princess and then walked off. she wasn't going to tolerate this anymore.

 

 

"the court-lady has arrived." se-hun sat up straighter and put down his book as hee-song bowed and sat down. he cocked his head and smiled, "welcome back hee-song. what brought you back to the palace?" he asked. hee-song quickly glanced up and kept her face blank, "i had dearly missed the princess, and she had begged me to come back, so i had insisted attending her again."

se-hun frowned. the answer was not what he was looking for, "hee-song, do you not remember me?" he asked. she looked up and then back down, "chona, you were a crown prince, and i was still a maid. of course i remember you." she replied. he sighed and got up, "yah, i'm talking about when we almost died. when we sang to EXO's song, MAMA and even rapped to their other one two moons. remember when we used to hold hands in the hallways and people stared at us?" he asked.

a gasp escaped from hee-song's lips and she kept her eyes on the ground. her face was turning red, and she held tightly onto her dress, "chona, why must you speak of the past?" she asked. se-hun walked over to her and lifted her chin up, "look at me in the eyes, and tell me you're hee-song. the hee-song that ditched gym to read a book. the hee-song that declined my offer to dance to study for a test. the hee-song that had gone back to the joseon era with me."

she looked up and bit her lower lip, "oh se-hun, don't you get it? you have to let go of the past. our relationship was never meant to be." she said. se-hun pressed his lips against hers.

"i'm never letting you go. even if we aren't supposed to be together. i'm going to make our illicit love, unforbidden." and he kissed her once more. 

 

author's notes:

sorry for not updating. i've been really busy with school and sports. i will try to update on the weekends as much as i can. well, the truth's out, and i'm still thinking of the next chapter.