Chapter 9

Virility Island (BAP AU)

            When Youngjae said he would be taking Daehyun to see some really, really old animals, Daehyun had no idea what he meant by it. Daehyun had wracked his brain continuously on the entire ride to their destination trying to figure out what kinds of really old animals he would be seeing. It wasn’t until he actually made it into the museum and to the first exhibit that he finally understood what Youngjae was referring to, which is why Daehyun is now staring wide eyed in complete awe at the giant formation of bones before him.

            “What is that?” he asks with a sense of wonder in his voice. “Are those real remains?”

            Youngjae stifles a laugh. “That is a dinosaur, a tyrannosaurus to be exact. And yes, those are definitely real remains.”

            “I’ve read about dinosaurs. I know they’re supposed to be big, but this is incredible.” He eyes the skeleton, taking in every tiny detail before noticing the information plaque before the display. Excitedly he begins reading, eagerly absorbing more information.

            Youngjae has to practically carry him away from the plaque so they can move into the next room. Daehyun whines because he wasn’t finished reading and Youngjae promises to buy him a large picture book filled with every dinosaur imaginable so that he learn about them to his hearts content, but today he wants Daehyun to just enjoy the sights. Yesterday was fun and Youngjae enjoyed watching Daehyun react to everything, but today he doesn’t want Daehyun to be solely focused on obtaining information. They’re not here to learn; they’re here to have fun.

            In order to keep Daehyun away from the plaques of facts, Youngjae holds his hand, keeping him a safe distance from the displays as they make their way from one room to the next, gradually passing through the dinosaur exhibit. Daehyun pretends to be grumpy at first, but he can’t deny the fact that he’s enjoying Youngjae’s pushy and somewhat clingy behavior. He’s really beginning to feel like they’re a couple and that maybe Youngjae really does like him a lot and he’s just having a hard time admitting it.

            Every time they stop to look at another skeleton or display, they both point out interesting details like how long a particular dinosaurs claws are or how big it’s mouth is. Daehyun comments on how amazing it would be to see one of the pterodactyls flying overhead and Youngjae remarks on how hardhead the triceratops must have been because that thing looks like it could bulldoze through a building. They laugh and joke while they pick out some of their favorite displays.

            “If you could be a dinosaur, what would you be?” Youngjae asks as they look at the raptor display.

            Daehyun thinks on it seriously for a moment. “Maybe a stegosaurus. I like the plates on their backs. Or maybe something that flies, but I wouldn’t want to be a carnivore. They’re too scary. What about you?”

            “Definitely a T-Rex or some type of raptor. They’re like the kings of the dinosaurs, so if I had to be one, I’d want to be at the top of the food chain. I’d rather eat than be eaten.” Youngjae nods with a sense of finality after voicing his sound reasoning.

            “Really?” Daehyun looks thoughtfully around the room, then back at Youngjae. “I think being a hadrosaur would be more fitting.”

            “What? You mean one of those duck-billed things. Aren’t those supposed to be like the dumbest of all the dinosaurs? Are you trying to tell me something?” Youngjae asks affronted.

            Daehyun shrugs, giggling mischievously. He had suggested the hadrosaur because he thought they were cute, especially the pictures of the babies and if they were a bit dimwitted, then that just adds to their cute appeal. With a pat on the other’s shoulder, Daehyun says, “You’re cute,” in a very condescending manner before walking away.

            Youngjae makes a sound that probably resembles a baby hadrosaur as he follows after Daehyun mumbling, “I’m not cute. I’m very handsome and rugged.” Daehyun chooses not to comment as they move upstairs and to a different section of the museum.

            They spend the rest of the morning gazing at images of the world and the solar system. Daehyun spends a lot of time staring at scale models while trying to mentally calculate exactly how tiny a person is in comparison to the universe as a whole. He’s studied cells and atoms in one of his school’s labs but this is on a whole different scale and as much as the leaders on the island pride themselves on making their community members as intelligent as possible, Daehyun thinks they’ve left a lot of important information out. Before he can really dive into the calculations, Youngjae pulls him to look at a presentation about volcanoes and earth quakes. On one wall, there’s a screen depicting the world and it’s numerous fault lines. Numbers and names scroll across the screen as lines flash in various hues of red, each one indicating an earthquake or shift along a fault line that just occurred in various parts of the world.

           This information is nothing new to Daehyun because they’ve studied about the earth quite a bit during school. A lot about cultures and people was glossed over, but there was a major focus on natural disasters and how the earth could be greatly affected by these events. It’s really amazing to see the number of earthquakes that happen daily and go undetected. There are so many changes in the world that go unnoticed, that gradually escalate until it’s too late to fix the changes or stop them from happening. Daehyun wonders if that’s what’s happening to the people of the outside world, if someone, years ago detected a change in humans and decided to do something to fix it, that something being the creation of Virility Island. When they pass through the exhibit on human evolution earlier, Daehyun can’t help wondering if he will be the next stage in human development, if there will be a mannequin depiction of him standing next to the current one.

           Thinking about it, Daehyun innately understands that he is different from Youngjae, that Youngjae is different from the true-males on the island. He is the product of a different type of human. But Daehyun disregards this fact, because deep down he knows that Youngjae is the one, that regardless of the circumstances of his upbringing and shockingly different culture, he’s the person that is absolutely, without a doubt, completely compatible with Daehyun. He knows that they’re meant to be together. Be it through natural selection, some higher power, or whatever else, Daehyun knows his true partner is Youngjae. He doesn’t know how he knows and he doesn’t really understand why he felt the need to leave the island when he did, but after meeting Youngjae and being with him, Daehyun is absolutely sure he’s right where he belongs and with the person he should be with.

           The longer Daehyun stays in this reality with Youngjae, the more relieved he feels. He’s finally happy with his life, finally content with the fact that he’s different from his peers and everyone else on the island. Now that he’s found Youngjae, all the waiting and suffering doesn’t matter. Even the uncertainty in their futures doesn’t matter. What does matter is the fact that they’re finally together and that regardless of their differences, Youngjae is willing to let Daehyun stay by his side and that makes him happier than he’s ever been.

           A poke to his cheek brings Daehyun out of his thoughts and he looks over to see the culprit smiling cutely. “What are you thinking about?”

           “Us,” he answers truthfully. “And how happy I am to be with you.”

           Youngjae’s cheeks grow pink as he turns away, choosing to look at the various chunks of rocks set on display because it’s safer to look at them than it is Daehyun. “How can you say things like that so easily?”

           “Because it’s true.”

           “How are you not embarrassed?” Youngjae asks, forcing his eyes to stay on the ugly dark minerals.

           Daehyun laughs, hunching his shoulders in amusement. “I am embarrassed. You just can’t see it because of my mask. I keep telling myself that I hate this stupid thing, but it comes in handy sometimes.”

           “Maybe I should start wearing one too. Then you won’t be able to see my embarrassment either,” Youngjae teases halfheartedly.

           “Don’t,” Daehyun pouts. “I like seeing your face.”

           “It’s not fair though. You get to see mine but I don’t get to see yours.” He turns to face Daehyun, bravely trying to meet his eyes again only to fail and look away shyly. Youngjae’s just not good with emotional confrontations such as this.

           “You have the power to change that Youngjae, not me. I’ve already done my part. Now, I’m waiting for you to do yours.” Once again, Daehyun steps into Youngjae’s personal space, cupping his cheek just as affectionately as he did during the previous day after Daehyun got upset at the zoo. He doesn’t say anything as he swipes his thumb across Youngjae’s cheek, but he smiles knowingly behind his mask, thinking that it won’t be long before Youngjae fully realizes how he feels towards Daehyun. It’s already apparent in his actions, from the way he watches Daehyun to the way he holds his hand in an attempt to keep him close. Every little touch and look reassures Daehyun that Youngjae wants to be with him too and that for some reason, he’s resisting his natural instinct to follow his desires.

           Taking Youngjae by the hand, Daehyun pulls him towards their final exhibit about minerals and the cave formations that reside throughout the country. After they finish their tour, Youngjae takes Daehyun to the gift shop and lets him choose a rather pricey book about dinosaurs as a souvenir and, much to Youngjae’s chagrin, a scale model of a hadrosaur because it’s just so cute. He takes the book from Daehyun before they even get to the car, refusing to let him crack it open because Youngjae doesn’t want him to become so enamored with learning that he ignores everything else. They’re supposed to be on a date after all. To get even, Daehyun teases Youngjae with his plastic dinosaur, making screeching noises as he uses the toy to climb up Youngjae’s arm, acting like a very obnoxious five year old.

           After they leave the museum, Youngjae takes them to a Chinese restaurant for a late lunch and then back to the hotel to continue with their plans for the second half of the day. That morning he asked the concierge if the theater in the hotel was available and finding that it was, decided to book it for the evening so that he and Daehyun could have a private showing of whatever movie they wished to see. He also asked the concierge to obtain a list of movies and then tipped him heavily to compensate for the task.

           As they enter the hotel, Youngjae pulls Daehyun down a different hallway than the one that leads to the elevators. Daehyun immediately recognizes the purpose of the room they enter and recalls a vivid image of a zombie’s head being blown off causing him to shudder visibly. Youngjae rests his hand on the other’s back as a method of comfort, gesturing towards a chair that looks nothing like the theater chairs they previously sat in. This one is much more comfortable and plush and it even reclines. Daehyun takes a seat while Youngjae goes to a table near the left front of the room. He shuffles through a few slim cases before handing one to an attendant and finally situating himself in the seat next to Daehyun’s. “I figured I’d choose the first movie and then you can choose the next. I promise these are nothing like the zombie one we watched.”

           Daehyun gazes over at Youngjae doubtfully. “What’s this one about?”

           Youngjae grins, teeth flashing bright as the projector lights up and the room darkens. “It’s about lions and other safari animals. I think you’ll really like it. It was one of my favorites growing up. And just as a forewarning, this is strictly fictional and meant for entertainment.”

           The screen draws Daehyun’s attention as the movie finally starts with a beautiful scarlet sky illuminating the screen. The soundtrack drums in with a type of chanting that Daehyun’s never heard before, but finds it pleasing to his ear. Then images of animals appear and Daehyun starts naming them off in his head until he’s so enthralled with the movie that he gets caught up in the story which causes him to stop analyzing every unrealistic event within the movie.

           Youngjae ends up watching Daehyun again, enjoying all of the gasps and giggles he lets out as he watches the cute little lions interact. Daehyun mumbles about evil hyenas and mean brothers. He cries when the main character’s father dies and the little cub is banished from the pride lands. As the movie continues, Daehyun starts humming along to the songs, laughing when the animals do something stupid and when the movie finally ends, he lets out a relieved breath.

           “What’d you think?” Youngjae asks, leaning on the arm of his chair bringing him closer to Daehyun.

           “I loved it.” He sniffles trying to clear his nose, while wiping his eyes to clear away any remaining tears. “Are movies usually so emotionally engaging?”

           Youngjae props his chin on his hand as a sly grin crosses his face. “Most of the good ones are, especially the one’s meant for children.”

           “I like how imaginative it was. I don’t think anyone back home would ever think about talking animals, much less ones that sing and dance.” Daehyun reclines back in his chair, body shaking as he laughs while his mind races with thoughts of a dancing warthog and meerkat. “The songs were so catchy. I’ve never heard anything like them before. The music here is so different. We don’t really sing on the island.”

           “Why not?” Youngjae turns in his seat to better face Daehyun.

           With a shrug, Daehyun looks up with innocent eyes. “I’m not really sure. The music we have is solely instrumental and we don’t listen to it all the time. I’ve heard more music than most people growing up because Himchan was an instrumentalist. But if I had to make a guess about why we don’t sing, I think it has something to do with the effect music has on our emotions. Our island community focuses on keeping a tranquil environment. We try not to be overly expressive.”

           “I guess that makes sense, but it’s still depressing to think about. Music is a great emotional outlet and I love singing.”

           “You do?”

           “Yeah and I don’t want to brag, but I think I’m pretty good at it. I’ll have to take you to karaoke sometime and show you.”

           “What’s karaoke?” Daehyun squints, struggling to say the unfamiliar word.

           “It’s a place where people go to sing and have fun with friends,” Youngjae explains without missing a beat. “I’d love to hear what your voice sounds like when you sing, so we definitely have to go.”

           “I can’t sing,” Daehyun denies quickly, panic rising in his chest. “Besides I don’t know any songs.”

           “That’s okay. You don’t really have to know the lyrics because the words appear on the screen, so you can just follow along,” Youngjae says, already mentally planning their trip to his favorite karaoke place back home. “And how can you claim that you can’t sing if you’ve never tried. Besides, you can’t sound any worse than some of my friends. Karaoke is about having fun, not being the best singer.”

           Daehyun reluctantly drops the argument by agreeing to go with Youngjae sometime. As worried as he is about the way his voice may sound, Daehyun’s somewhat excited about possibly hearing Youngjae’s singing voice because he’s heard him humming in the shower but he’s never really heard him sing in full force. He wonders how nice Youngjae’s voice will sound, probably enchanting and completely mesmerizing. Daehyun wants to hear it, to add that to his list of experiences he’s had with Youngjae along with many others to come.

           “Would you like to watch another movie? You can pick this time,” Youngjae offers, changing the topic as he points to the table, where Daehyun finds a number of cases with pictures and short synopses on the back indicating what each movie is about. After some thought he chooses a movie focused on animals again this time aquatic ones. The story line described something about a clown fish going on an adventure to find his son who was taken by humans.

           Daehyun enjoys the second movie as much as he did the first and begs Youngjae to watch a third. They end up ordering dinner and eating in the theater as they watch the next movie about monsters that scare children to obtain energy to fuel their city. The monsters are supposed to be scary but they’re really not because who would be scared of a big, blue fluffy creature and a tiny green talking ball with arms and a giant eyeball. Well, the eyeball could be kind of scary if his temperament didn’t seem so silly and the big blue guy could be scary just because of his size. Youngjae chose this movie and it takes a little while for Daehyun to decide whether or not he likes it, but the appearance of the little girl character wins his heart over because she’s just too cute and lovable and Daehyun suddenly thinks that he really wants a child just like that when he gets older. This thought leads him into wondering what Youngjae thinks of children, but he doesn’t want to ask because that would open up a topic Daehyun doesn’t think he’s ready to talk about.

           Even so, Daehyun can’t help thinking about what it would be like to have a family with Youngjae, what it would be like to have children and to take them to places like movies, museums, or zoos. Daehyun knows they’ve just met and they have a long way to go in terms of their relationship, but this isn’t the first time he’s thought about having his own family. He’s thought about having kids and possibly working from home like Himchan does so he can spend as much time with his children as possible. He’s thought about what it would be like to take his children to spend time with Himchan and Yongguk and all the crazy things they might learn and do as a family. But in all of his fantasies, he was never able to put a face to the figure that was his partner. He could imagine his home and the faces on his children, but his partner was always just this faceless, blurry blob shaped like a human.

           That’s all changed now because Youngjae has replaced that faceless partner in his dreams with his perfectly round cheeks and his goofy smile and his silly laugh. He’s become a concrete fixture in Daehyun’s fantasies about his future while everything else has become blurred around the edges. Daehyun can’t picture his perfect home anymore or his perfect children because his future no longer fits into that cookie cutter lifestyle that’s been beat into the minds of those living on the island, the one where he trains his body and mind, then finds a partner, then starts working for the society, and finally producing offspring to round off the cycle of expectations they’re expected to fulfill. His lifestyle took a detour and honestly, he’s not even sure if this detour will lead him home or if it will keep him going in a completely new direction. He doesn’t know if he’ll see his family again or if he’ll be able to fully share his previous life with Youngjae, but for right now, he’s happy to be a part of Youngjae’s world, to experience so many new things, to be able to finally start the next chapter in his life even though it isn’t the one he’d predicted. As apprehensive as he is about his future, Daehyun’s confident that everything will work out because he has Youngjae, the one factor that he desperately needed in order to set his life on the right track.

           Daehyun fights off bouts of worry as he huddles in close to Youngjae as they lie in bed later in the evening. It seems they’ve both finally grown comfortable with being close to one another, especially after how honest they were with one another yesterday, finally letting their inhibitions go when it’s just the two of them. Daehyun grows bolder when the lights are out and they’re completely alone and it seems that Youngjae has grown more passive with each passing day. Their natural magnetism for one another is overpowering their sensible minds, allowing them to act out their hearts desires instead of overthinking each and every situation they find themselves in.

           Without reservations, Daehyun laces his fingers through Youngjae’s, pulling their hands up so that they are resting on the bed between them as they lie on their sides facing one another. Handholding is okay; this is something they’re comfortable with. “Youngjae?” Daehyun whispers to see if he’s still awake. He receives a low, sleepy hum. “The movie earlier, the one about the fish, made me think about the night we met at the docks.”

           Youngjae hums again and Daehyun can tell he’s opened his eyes now because the gap through the curtains allows enough light to pass through to put a glint into the whites of his eyes.

           Daehyun swallows thickly, thumb tracing the outline of Youngjae’s curled fingers. “Do you remember what you said to me the next day? I mean, about meeting me.”

           Youngjae thinks for a moment, trying to remember the events of the second day he spent with Daehyun. “I’ve said a lot, you know, so I’m not sure what you’re thinking of,” he says, voice husky with sleep.

           When Daehyun speaks again, he drops his voice even lower as if trying not to disturb the quiet of the dark room, making the moment even more intimate than it already is. “You said you felt drawn to me, like you’ve been waiting your whole life to meet me and that fate brought me to you by bringing you to the dock that night.”

           The room grows silent after Daehyun’s recollection of Youngjae’s words. The tension is almost palpable as Daehyun wonders whether Youngjae has fallen asleep or if he’s just at a loss for what to say. Daehyun eventually, squeezes his hand, quietly calling out to him. “Youngjae?”

            Youngjae doesn’t answer, instead he remains quiet and unmoving because he can’t help thinking about what he said, about it being fate. He can’t help thinking about all of the times he’s gone to the docks, all the times he thought it was because he missed his father and hoped to see him at work. But as he grew older, Youngjae knew he wasn’t going there for his father. He also knew he wasn’t going there just to admire the water or the ships. There was some other underlying reason for him to constantly revisit the area, but he wasn’t sure what it was exactly. He just knew that he had to keep going with the hopes that one day he may finally find the reason he was so connected with the docks.

           The night Daehyun showed up, Youngjae had felt an overwhelming urge to go to the docks and clear his head. He had been lying in bed for hours, unable to sleep because there was this nagging feeling in the back of his mind telling him he needed to be somewhere and upon following his instinct he ended up at his father’s docks. He’d wandered around until he spotted Daehyun climbing out of the water and something clicked, telling him that he was right where he needed to be. It was fate calling him to the docks over and over again. As silly as it sounds, it was fate that brought him and Daehyun together.

           “Youngjae?” Daehyun calls again, voice shaking with unease.

           “Yeah,” Youngjae says, acknowledging that he’s heard Daehyun. “I remember.”

           “Do you still feel that way?” Daehyun asks, as his tired eyes trace the dark outline of Youngjae’s form.

           Youngjae swallows thickly and the sound resonates in the quiet room. “Yeah, I do.”

           It’s Daehyun’s turn to be struck silent and Youngjae decides to take this opportunity to move his legs forward entangling them with Daehyun’s because his toes are cold and he’s naturally a heat-seeker when he sleeps. Daehyun flinches, recoiling at first before shifting closer. In turn, Youngjae pulls their connected hands closer to his chest, breaching the space they usually keep between them as he tips his head forward.

           “Hey, Daehyun,” he murmurs. “You’re real, right? Like this isn’t just some elaborate dream I’ve thought up or anything.”

           “I’m real,” Daehyun breathes, laughter in his voice.

           “You’re not going to leave anytime soon, are you?” Youngjae’s not one to admit it, but he’s terrified of being alone for the rest of his life and maybe that’s why he’s okay with having friends who hardly know him. He bounces between wanting to be close to people and keeping them at a distance because as lonely as he is, he’s even more afraid of getting attached and being left behind again. He wants affection and companions, but he doesn’t want to live through the pain that comes with losing someone, which is why he’s still so apprehensive about Daehyun.

           “I don’t plan on it,” Daehyun replies honestly. “I’m looking for forever, remember.”

           “I know, I just…” Youngjae sighs, pressing Daehyun’s hand to his chest. Through the contact, Daheyun can feel the rapid beating of Youngjae’s distressed heart; it’s a sign of how affected his emotions are right now. “I’m afraid, Daehyun. I think…I really think…I might…really…I think I…like you,” he rambles, throat clenching with nerves. “I keep thinking about why you’re here and how right it feels and how you make me feel and I’m so confused and scared, but…I think I really like you.”

           Daehyun’s breath hitches audibly. “Youngjae, did you just confess to me?”

           Youngjae nods before realizing that Daehyun can’t really see him. “I think so,” he says.

           “Are you serious?”

           “Yeah.” The conviction in Youngjae’s voice is dwindling with his courage. He can’t believe what he just said, but he can’t take it back. He doesn’t want to take it back because after saying those words, he knows. He likes Daehyun and wants him to know exactly how he feels.

           “Why are you scared?” Daehyun asks curiously.

           “I’m afraid of getting close to you and then losing you. I don’t want to lose you,” he admits, still clutching Daehyun’s hand tightly.

           Pressing close, Daehyun tries to make out Youngjae’s face in the darkened room. “I’m not going anywhere.” He tries to sound convincing and reassuring. “I’ve waited too long to find you to just leave you,” he pauses, swallowing the emotional lump lodged in his throat because it’s finally hitting him that Youngjae just confessed to liking him. “I like you too,” Daehyun says after a moment of contemplation.

           Before he realizes what’s happening, Daehyun feels a warm, soft pressure against his masked lips and then all too soon it’s gone. “Did you just?” he asks shocked. “Did you kiss me?” His eyes are impossibly wide and his face is heating up to an uncomfortable degree and he’s kind of glad that Youngjae can’t see him right now and vice versa.

           Youngjae jerks back with a gasp, realizing what he’s just done. Covering his mouth, he apologizes. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to. It just happened. I was caught up in the moment.”

           Daehyun laughs, the sound loud and free in the once quiet room. His body shakes the bed, causing Youngjae to feel the waves of laughter just as intensely as he hears it. He thinks this may be the first time he’s ever heard Daehyun laugh so freely in the short time that they’ve known each other and it sounds absolutely beautiful. He can’t help smiling as each laugh sends a jolt of happiness straight to his heart because he’s the reason Daehyun’s laughing like this.

           “What’s so funny?” he asks after Daehyun calms himself.

           “I’m so happy I feel like I’m about to burst,” Daehyun giggles, fighting to control his emotions. “And you’re too cute, Youngjae.”

           “How many times do I have to tell you that I am not cute,” Youngjae huffs in annoyance, not really minding the way Daehyun teases him.

           Using his free hand, Daehyun brushes his fingers across Youngjae’s cheek feeling the heat from his blush creep into his fingers. “I wish I could see your face right now.”

           “I’m glad you can’t. Now you know how I feel all the times I can’t see your face.”

           “I don’t like it.” Daehyun frowns, using his fingers to trace Youngjae’s features trying to mentally map out his face. He can feel the curve of Youngjae’s cheek rise as his lips curl into a smile showing that he’s just as happy as Daehyun is right now and Daehyun thinks he really doesn’t want this moment to end.

           Youngjae’s fingers curl into his hair and Daehyun holds his breath, trying not to shy away like he always does when Youngjae gets even remotely close to touching his face. Youngjae simply brushes the hair away from Daehyun’s face gently pressing his lips against the other’s forehead before speaking. “I think a part of me was always looking for you even though I didn’t know exactly what I was looking for and as embarrassing as this is to say, I’m really happy we finally found each other.”

           Letting out a delighted gasp, Daehyun drapes his arm around Youngjae, squishing him into a hug while burying his face in his chest and holding him tight unable to verbalize exactly how relieved and overjoyed he is at the moment. He just wants to keep holding him, to make this moment last longer, to commit to memory every detail of this moment so that he can relive it over and over again in the future. They’ve both come a long way in the days that they’ve known each other, passed so many barriers and broken down so many emotional walls that Daehyun’s absolutely winded by their progress. He’s seen couples meet and devote themselves to one another in less than a day’s time back on the island, knowing at first sight that they were meant for each other and choosing to go through the unmasking ceremony immediately, but he never expected to find Youngjae as soon as he got to the outside world and even when he had met Youngjae, Daehyun had prepared himself for months of waiting and hoping that he could get Youngjae to accept him. He never thought that it would happen so fast and be so easy. Their current relationship is almost too surreal to comprehend, but Daehyun wouldn’t change it for anything. He likes their expedited progress as a couple and hopes that they will continue progressing as the days go by.

           For now, Daehyun just wants to relish the feeling of being able to fall asleep in Youngjae’s arms, feeling completely happy and blessed to finally have him, while Youngjae thinks he could get used to this feeling, this comfort of having someone by his side, someone who truly cares for him and believes that he is an integral part of their life. Right now, all that matters is the fact that they care about one another is the same way, that they can both finally admit to it, and that they’re finally together both in person and in their hearts. They can figure everything else out later.

 

 


A/N: This is just a bit shorter than usual but oh well. I keep having a plan when I write and it changes and then I can't argue with what happens so things happen and what am I even writing anymore. These boys are cute and I'm glad their finally closer and eeeek...Youngjae kissed Daehyun. It's not the kiss I wanted but it's still progress!!!

Well anyway, I hope you enjoyed this. I was going to wait to update but it's my birthday and I have nothing better to do, so why not gift my readers with an update. Yeah...I'm the weird person who likes to give people things even if it's my birthday and since it's my birthday I can do what I want and no one can tell me otherwise.

Okays...thanks for reading, subscribing, and commenting.

<3 Jae