Chapter 2 : My

I'll never leave you alone

“Okay, to solve your problem… stay on my house this night.”

 

“Really?” my face lightened up. Our class just ended and I was still in trauma about what happened the earlier. I feel like I don’t want to go home anymore.

 

“Yeah, all you have to do is to get your things and I’ll fetch you in your house. Is that okay?” Mei replied as she was busy packing her things.

 

“Okay!”

 

***

 

“Are you okay?” Mei asked me worriedly. I was staring blankly at the pool like I don’t have any interest in swimming. “Let’s enjoy, okay? Let’s swim!”

 

“I’m sorry for spacing out,” I replied. “Okay, get dressed and I’ll be going to swim.” I replied as I stood up. She headed inside the house to wear her swimming suit. I wasn’t wearing my swimming suit since I didn’t know that Mei would invite me to swim in the middle of the night.

 

But this is one way of relaxing. So I jumped to the pool and started swimming.  I lifted my head from the water and….

 

“N-No…”

 

“Why are you so scared of me?” his smile faded with that question.

 

“W-why not? Y-You’re a ghost!”

 

“If I’m a ghost, why can I talk to you?” he smirked as he crossed his arms.

 

“I-If you’re n-not a ghost, why can you walk in the w-water!” I shouted as I felt my whole body tremble.

 

His eyes widened with my question as though he doesn’t know he was walking in the water. He started to lower his gaze and, “What the heck?” and he eventually fell.

 

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

 

***

 

“I thought you’re going to relax?” Mei started making me calm as soon as she saw me trembling beside the swimming pool. “Come on, Eunbyung.”

 

“I… I saw him again!” I stammered. “He’s following me, Mei. Everywhere!”

 

“Maybe the ghost likes you!” she laughed that actually pissed me.

 

“Stop it! I’m serious here! He’s a ghost!” I muttered under my breath.

 

“There’s nothing impossible when it comes to love.”