Chapter 1 : Ghost? Who?

I'll never leave you alone

 

Eunbyung’s POV

I was in the cemetery to visit my dad's tomb. Today was his death anniversary. I was the only child that's why I’m the only one visiting his tomb every death anniversary. My mother already had her own family andI’m living alone in my house. YES, living alone in a one big house which my dad left me before he died. It was pretty creepy. I’m really afraid of ghosts. But as what my friends say, it was not true!

 

"Hey dad, I miss you~ I missed the times we talked... and I remember the times—"

 

“Hi there!”

 

A sudden voice from behind me distracted me. I ignored it thinking that it might be just my imagination or maybe… the voice wasn’t talking to me.

 

“Hey!”

 

Again, the voice disturbed my moment. I was totally pissed by the thought that the voice seemed cheerful and it wasn’t supposed to be—I mean, we’re in a cemetery! Who would be so cheerful being in a cemetery?

 

I dusted my skirt and stood up. I heaved a sigh and whispered, “Dad, wait a minute.” I my back to see whose voice it might belong. I looked around and found no one. “I knew it, it’s just me!” I muttered.

 

As soon as I proved my thoughts, I my back again to face my dad’s tomb. But something welcomed me….

 

“Hi!”

 

My jaw literally dropped, my eyes went wide, my knees trembled, and my body almost losing its control. “Wah… Ah…. Gho… Ghos…t….”

 

In front of me was a human figure but a translucent body. He was a not-so-tall-ghost. He was smiling cheerfully in front of me. “What’s wrong?”

 

And that’s when my mind registered that the ghost was probably talking to me. “AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!”

 

It was my cue to run. But expectedly, he chased me! Worry was sketched all over his face. “Hey? Are you okay?”

 

***

 

I was so paranoid that I didn’t even bother to move from where I am. I was sitting on my couch hugging my knees and covering my eyes. I was so afraid that the ghost might have chased me up until here. But he couldn’t!

 

It was not long after when I was strike by hunger. “Oh please, don’t show up, please!” I prayed as I opened my eyes and saw no trace of ghost. I immediately dialed for a delivery since cooking would take me longer.

 

After 30 minutes…

As soon as I heard the doorbell, I ran to the doors and opened it in a wide smile.

 

“Delivery ma’am!”

 

What.the.. I immediately closed the door in wide eyes. “Almighty God,” I muttered as I rested my back on the door.

 

“AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!”

 

***

 

“What happened, sis?” my friend immediately went to my house as soon as I frantically called her without saying any reason. Worry was painted in her expression.

 

“There’s a ghost!” I burst out in tears and hugged her. “M-Mei… G-Ghost… following me…”

 

“Sis, I told you---“

 

“I saw him in the cemetery! He… He followed me up until here! Mei… I’m so afraid!” I sobbed.

 

“Calm down now, sis.” She said calmly. “Just pray, okay? It won’t hurt you.”

 

***

 

It was already night and Mei left me alone in the house. I walked upstairsandlooked around before I got inside my room. "Just pray, just pray..." I whispered. I jumped into my bed and quickly put the blanket on me as I closed my eyes.

 

The next morning….

 

I opened my eyes as the sun ray was directly laid on my face. I stretched my arms and yawned. “Good morning, world!” that was my routine every morning.

 

“Good morning to you!”

 

My eyes widened, my heart started beating faster… It couldn’t be… the voice… came from… beside me… I slowly shifted my gaze beside me and…

 

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!”

 

I jumped out of the bed and went under my study table. I closed my eyes and I was almost crying. “He’s the ghost… God, please…” I silently prayed.

 

As soon as I finished those lines, I felt shivers down to my spine. It was as though there was someone beside me. I opened my eyes and…

 

“You can’t escape me.”