` Teaser applicant #o1 Stella Belladonna `

Honor Among Thieves [Apply Open]
 

Applicant #01

The young Queen, Stella Belladonna

They were at it again. Most individuals who frequented the thieves' guild had become accustomed to the constant bickering and similar antics from the informant and the young Queen. Hardly a day went by without there being some argument or bet being placed. Most had learned to ifnore it early on, but some of the newer recruits or members were still easily annoyed by the duo.

 

"How do you stand them? She's so annoying. I think she's just all talk," one of the new members, a man with light brown hair, asked in a hushed voice to the man across from him at the table.

 

The man, a burly giant, simply shrugged his meaty shoulders, "You get used to Stella, just give it time. She's a sweet girl."

 

The younger man huffed in response as his eyes wandered over to the girl only to find amber ones staring back at him. He hadn't noticed that Stella had stopped bickering with Youngjae while he talked with the other man and definitely didn't notice as her attention had averted to him. She cocked out her hip - which wasn't that noticeable given her very thin frame - and placed a hand upon it.

 

"What was that?" she called out to the gentleman as Youngjae, who was beside her, sighed heavily and tried to pull her away.

 

Though taken aback by the confrontation, the gentleman turned around from his spot at the table only to lean his elbows back on the wood, "I said, you're annoying and that you're all talk." He made a point to annunciate each word, slowly gaining the entire guild's attention.

 

A smirk began to creep upon Stella's fair face as Youngjae gave up on trying to deter the woman, "Is that what you think? Well, how about a little wager then, to see if I'm really 'all talk' or not."

 

The young gentleman stood from his spot and crossed his arms. "Alright. What does the lady suggest?" He emphasized 'lady' with a slight, mock bow.

 

"The first one to make it tothe Kayalia Temple and back, wins. Easy enough, right?" she asked as she gestured to the door.

 

"You're on," he shot back as the two, along with Youngjae, wandered outside.

 

The rest of the guild went back to their own conversations and what they were doing before the interruption while the trio stood before the entrance to the guild. Stella looked down the streets towards the temple that was no more than six blocks away. Youngjae acted as the referee for the two's race and raied his arm in an attempt to get the two into their starting positions. Stella and the man readied themselves. When he dropped his arm, the two were off. As the man stuck to the streets, Stella instantly veered to the right towards a small, bricked shop. Her foot contact the wall and she launched herself into the air. The woman's long arms quickly lashed out anc caught hold of the edge of the roof. Pulling herself up, she set out in a run across the rooftop. In Stella's mind, the rooftops were favorable to the streets, because she didn't have to deal with the crowds of people. As she reached the end of the rooftop, she leaped off the edge and tucked herself into a ball. When she hit the next roof, she exploded from her self-made ball and it propelled her back into a run. She continued on like this for the remaining six blocks.

 

Unfortunately for Stella, the temple had no surrounding buildings so she simply couldn't leap to the religious building. Stella, however, knew about this and it wasn't a shock to her as she reached the end of the last building. Just like with the other roofs, Stella leaped off the edge and tucked herself into a tight ball. Due to the distance from the roof to the ground being greater than the distance between two roofs, Stella still felt the impact from the ground even though she appeared to jump back into action without a moment's hesitation. Her long arm stretched in front of her and she quickly touched the stone wall of the temple. She turned around and ran towards the buildings again. She took two steps up the wall of the small building - Stella thinks it might have been a blacksmith shop - before, once again, launching herself into the air. As her hands gripped the edge of the roof, she caught sight of the brown-haired gentleman. He had a smirk planted upon his face unti lhe also caught sight of his competition and noticed which direction she was facing. The man appeared shocked before he began pushing himself harder to run faster.

 

Stella didn't let this deter her from her lead and pushed on. She would show him. She'd show all of them how good she was. How dare they doubt her ability and skill as a thief. After endless leaps and just as many tumbles, she spotted Youngjae and the guild which pulled her from her thoughts. Youngjae, though looking very apathetic about the whole race, let a smile slip as he saw his friend on the nearest roof. A smile appeared on Stella's face that matched his as she threw herself off the last roof. She hit the ground in a roll before leaping to her feet and running to touch the brick wall of the guild. As her fingers graced the the cool brick, she let out a bark of a laugh. She turned around and her amber eyes caught sight of her competition who stopped running about a block away. What was the point if she already won? He said nothing to the duo as he walked past the two and entered the guild. Youngjae and Stella shared a laugh as they followed the man and it was instantly known to the rest of the guild as to who won the race.

 

"Bow down, everyone, 'cause I'm the greatest thief of all time!" she exclaimed as she threw her arms up.

 

"Be careful, Kitty. Your ego is getting to big for your head," a familiar voice called to the young woman in a warm tone.

 

Stella didn't have to turn around to know who the owner of the voice was. "Donghae oppa!"

 

She practically jumped the man as she turned aroung, but he was used to the treatment and was quick to catch the woman. "Aish, what am I going to do with you?"

 

She placed a finger against her chin. "Hmm, admit how awesome I am?"

 

"What did I just tell you?" he joked with the woman whom he considered a younger sister.

 

As Donghae joked with the younger woman, he couldn't help but think that she did have to watch herself. Stella was good at what she did and no one would deny that, but she was still young. She had the potential to be great, but she also lacked the experience that he and others around his age had. It did not good to boast about your skills and abilities in the field. It was best to stay off people's radars. 

 

authors note

Hey there! So, I've decided to take a page out of my friend's book and write a teaser for each applicant. It doesn't necessarily mean you're chosen, though. I wanted to give the applicants something in return for putting in the effort of writing an application. Each applicant teaser will be about 1000 words, but chapter (once we get there) will be much longer. So, her is Lydine's girl, Stella Belladonna. I really hope you liked it!