` Teaser o2 `

Honor Among Thieves [Apply Open]
 

Teaser Two

Deadly Nightshade

The sun had long since set upon Kalsem and shadows stretched across the city of Aelshire, like fingers searching for some unknown thing. Many of her citizens found comfort in their soft beds as they tried to garner some rest before they must repeat their mundane routines again the next day. Their lives were dictated by their class and improving their status was the only thing they concerned themselves with. They cared not for the beauty and majesty that came with the moon and her followers, the stars. However, there were those who still respected the grandeur and glory of the moon. For those who did, this was their playground. This was their kingdom to rule.

 

Romanies played their makeshift versions of pipes and harps and would spin and twirl with one another in some unknown dance. Others would play with fire, creating shapes and creatures, and worried not about the flames at their skin. Some believed they were so well trained that they could never hurt themselves; few still believed that, while under the cloak of night, they were protected by their silvery goddess. Their performance attracted the attention of any souls that dared to venture into this new world of wonder and mystery who were not accustomed to it. Courtesans paid no head to the caravan of Romanies, who took up post wherever they desired. The courtesans knew they dominated the streets. They would flock to favored corners and lure in any man - or woman - who carried a pretty coin and the desire to have someone warm their bed. Their gazes could cut down the toughest of men and see what they truly desired. And do not think they are fragile, helpless creatures, for not all of them are.    


But they weren't the only ones wandering the roads.

 

As deafly as the shadows they cloaked themselves in, these creatures swiftly moved about, casually brushing up against random persons. Mumbled apologies were all that was spared by these creatures and the other persons would pay them no heed. They were faceless and nameless creatures afterall that barely distinguished themselves from shadows. But, they were very real and cunning and used this ability of theirs to be easily forgotten to their advantage. After brushing past their victims, these creatures would round the nearest corner and examine their prize, whether it be a coin purse or some other object of value. Once they approved of their prize, they had to make a choice. These creatures had to decided whether to hit another mark or retire for the night.

 

These creatures, these pick pockets, were nothing when compared to the rulers of this kingdom. One such ruler, a young woman, leaned against a brick wall with her arms crossed over her chest as a gentle breeze ruffled her auburn hair. With merely a glance to her surroundings, she pushed herself off the wall she had been leaning on. She set down on a path with determination in her blue eyes as she easily manuevered around passerbys who were in her way. Minutes had ticked by and numerous roads had been taken, before the woman reached her destination. Her eyes racked in the building she stood before; it was a three-story brick building with a balcony on the third floor. The woman wandered around the side of the building so she no longer stood on the main road. 

 

She flexed her fingers for a moment, before she took a running start towards the wall. As her foot hit the wall, she pushed and propelled herself another foot into the air. She quickly grabbed onto an improperly laid stone in the wall. The leather, fingerless gloves she wore protected her palms from the abrasive and sharp stone as she threw her whole weight onto it. She lashed her arm out and caught another stone to her right, as if knowing it was there. The woman, clad in dark clothes, continued climbing upwards.

 

It didn't take long for the nimble woman to finally reach the balcony she knew to be there. The woman pulled herself onto the railing that encompassed the balcony and she sat in a crouch as she glanced around the balcony and then towards the door that connected to it. Though she checked for any movement, the woman knew there wouldn't be any and she hopped off the railing and ventured towards the door. She realized the door was unlocked and this caused the woman to smirk as she easily opened the door and slipped in without a sound.

 

Having staked out the building and her targets prior to her appearance, the woman knew the location of some valuables. They were kept in the room she currently resided in. She made her way, quickly, over to a small chest on top of the desk at the far end of the room. She attempted to open the chest, but when she found it locked, the woman pulled out a stiletto blade. Using the blade, she inserted it between the lid and the base of chest and forced open the lock. Inside the chest were a couple of gold coins and a beautiful sapphire necklace with gold inlay. Smiling at the beauty, she held it up high so the moonlight would hit it and light up the piece of jewelry.

 

Nodding her head in approval, the woman stashed both the coins and the necklace in a leather pouch that had been strapped to her leg. Standing up, she walked back towards the door to the balcony. She stopped short though. From another pouch, she pulled out a plant. On the stem was one blooming, purple flower, a few green leaves, and two purple berries. Smirking while she eyes the plant, she placed it on the desk. It was beautiful... But deadly. It was Atropa belladonna, or better known as...

 

Deadly Nightshade.

 

authors note

I Howdy folks! I just wanted to get this out before the holidays. Here's a little teaser sporting my character. I hope you liked it, guys. Also, I'm hoping to see some applications soon... If not, I might just make it a story. Who knows! I would rather have applicants though. Well... I have nothing else to say. Hope you liked it, and I hope to have another teaser out in a week or so.