Chapter Three

One Match

 

Chapter 3

 

After a tasteless breakfast, Baekhyun thought long and hard about how to pass his time at the hospital. He decided to go for a walk. Slowly slipping off the bed, he made his way out the door. It has been awhile since he has walked around the hospital. He slowly made his way out of the building. He stopped to look up at the shining sun and the blue sky, taking in the beauty of nature. He sat down on a bench, wishing he had a camera to capture the beautiful scenery. Camera? That’s it! I want to be a photographer!  Finally finding a hobby, he rushed back to his room to call Luhan. He knew Luhan would be able to complete his favour.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Lulu, it’s me. Remember how last year Sehun gave you a brand new Polaroid?” He remembered that happy day as if it was yesterday. He wondered if he could spend time with his friends like that anymore.

 

“Go on.”

 

“I was wondering if I could have your old one.” Baekhyun wasn’t allowed to go out of the hospital premises. He also didn’t want his friends to spend money on him either.

 

“Sure! I’ll drop it off later when we come back from practice. Do you want specific boarder or would you like the classic white boarder?” Baekhyun thought for a moment.

 

“White would be fine. Thanks man. I owe you one.”

 

“Buy us bubble tea!” Sehun bargained.

 

“Luhan, I’m on speaker?”

 

“Uhh..yeah. Sorry about that. We miss you a lot! We’ll come as often as we can. We promise.”

 

“I’ll always be here!”

 

“Hmm. Baek? I gotta go. Bye!” With that the phone went dead. Baekhyun decided to find a piece of long string and so clips so he could hook the pictures on it like a clothing line. Outside, he saw a nurse walk by.

 

“Nurse! Nurse! Could you buy something for me?” Using his flower boy charms, he was able to get his way.

 

“What is it?” The boy’s beauty was already hypnotizing the poor young girl. She was already blushing badly when she set her eyes on him.

 

“Do you think you could buy some string and small clips for me? I’m kinda stuck here.”

 

“So, string and simple, small clips right? I got it.” Baekhyun nodded eagerly.

 

“Thank you so much Nurse Yujin,” he read the name off her nametag. 

 

“No problem! I’ll see when I can buy them and give it to you.”

 

“Thanks again!” He flashed her a smirk and headed back to his room.

 

“He’s so dreamy’ the nurse thought. With that, she skipped down the empty hallway to fulfill her promise to the handsome man she had just spoken to.