Chapter Four

Prestigious Blood

 


He yawned and tried not to let his eyes droop any further. He was sitting in third period class, algebra, listening to a lecture about the different forms of DAEs. He hasn't even learned about this in his other school, so he has no idea what's going on. Why didn't he transfer somewhere near the beginning of the school year? The one thing that about transferring to a different school in the middle of the second term is that you have no idea what they're teaching.

He let out a huge sigh. First day of school and it wasn't going so well. He has met a few interesting people in his classes, but most of them has no intentions of being friends with him. It was probably because something about him doesn't seem right. He wasn't exactly the type of person to talk alot, and when he does, he usually say things that he doesn't mean and ends up offending someone.

He looked up at the clock. Five more minutes until lunch time. He started to gather up his books and notes, getting ready to head to his locker to drop off stuff and head for lunch. Staring out the window, the scenery was still and quiet. The sight of something huge and slimey looking slithering along the banks of the streams interrupted his admiration of the forest. Shuddering, he looked away from the the grounds and looked up at the sky. crimson red Blood was smeared all over the top of the window with infant's body clawing at the window. It has a blank face and blood was oozing out of it's neck. He felt nauseous and fell off his chair, gripping his chest to calm his racing heart. This was the first time in a long time that he has seen anything intense like that. Sweat was glistening his forehead and his eyes were full of fear. He looked back up where the body and blood was, it was gone. All of it. It was like it was never there at all.

"Mr.Lee, something wrong?" The teacher looked down at Hongki with a concern look on his face.

"N-no, Nothing's w-wrong." He stuttered. His hands gripped onto his chest harder. His heart was not showing any signs of calming down.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure."

"Then please get back to your seat." Quiet snickers and giggles coming from everyone in the room was emitted to him. Great. He was embarrassed and scared to death. He quickly gathered himself up and sat back in his seat with both hands covering his face, not because of embarrassment, but because he felt sick. He never could stand the sight of blood, it makes him feel sick. Why do they torment him with disgusting sights?

The bell ranged, indicating that class is over and time for lunch. Everyone quickly scampered off their seats with notes and text books in their arms. Grabbing his stuff, he found something interesting near his books.

A single black feather with a golden tip. He's never seen a feather like this. It was lying proudly on his desk, gleaming like it's real gold.

"Hm? What's this?" Hongki picked up the feather to examine it more closely. It felt warm and has an amazingly soft velvet feeling to it. It wasn't damaged, in fact, it was perfect.

"Hey, what are you still doing here?" A quiet voice interrupted his close examination on the feather. Looking to his right, there was a small boy, probably few years younger than himself.

"Oh, uuhh, nothing! Just dropped my stuff, that's all." He said, quickly putting the feather in one of his books.

"Oh, I-I just wanted to see if you want to sit with me and my friends during lunch." The boy said in a nervous voice, but with a shy smile on his face.

"Sure! I'd love to... but what's with the sudden invitation?" Hongki replied back. It's not like he didn't want to accept. In fact, he didn't want to be alone while eating again and he definitely missed the feeling of chatting happily with someone while eating. It was just that he has never talked to  this boy before and this is the first time he has lain eyes on him.

"I-it's just that I saw you eating by yourself this morning and you had a sad and distant look in your eyes, like you weren't there at all. It's better if everyone is happy rather than sad, r-right?" He said nervously, embarrassed that he was looking at Hongki like that.

Hongki just looked at him after what he said. He felt kind of happy, no scratch that, overjoyed that someone cared about how he felt. He's been use to being alone alot rather than have someone by his side.

"Ah! I forgot to introduce myself! My name is Choi Minhwan!" He gave off a bright, gentle smile.

Hongki smiled at him. They just met, but Minhwan already felt like the little brother he never had. He gave him a warm feeling, knowing that someone cares, eve though they both never met before "My name is Lee Hongki."

"Well, I guess i'll be seeing you in the mess hall later?"

"Mhmm! I'll see you later!" Hongki waved at Minhwan before departing to his locker. He almost forgot about the feather until it fell out his book. Picking it up, he still wondered about it. Where did it come from? What kind of bird has a feather like this? How did it get in the building and onto his desk? He could go on for a long time.

"Kill...Kill..."  A voice entered his mind. It was low and husky, but it was not at all pleasing. He gripped on his head tightly.

"Ughh, please, please not now..." He said quietly, panting a little.

"Scared...are you scared?"

"No! Shut up! Leave me alone!" 

Blood..Flesh...Horror...I need it all..."

He fell to the ground, breathing hoarse breaths. His head felt painful, as if it was going to explode. His eyes were closed tightly and his hand gripped onto his head while his other hand on his throat. He needed something, anything to distract him from the pain.

Opening his eyes and looking up, the first thing that greeted his vision...

...was a tall, unamused looking man.


Hahaha... Why does this chapter seem more like horror than supernatural? D: I was having a Harry Potter marathon while writing this, so the voice in Hongki's head somehow kind of drifted here >o< Anyways, There wasn't really any songs that fit with this chapter, so there wasn't a song link at the top...Though there was this one song that fits with the creepy stuff, but not so well with Hongki meeting Minhwan, so i didn't put it there :O If you wanna listen to it, here it ishttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87FYqK1vhOE

If you're wondering that I'm a hetalia fan, than yes, yes I am :3 If you don't know what Hetalia is, it's an anime....about countries as people >u<

Well I am going to bed now! Nighty night!