Chapter Three

Prestigious Blood

Song links: To The Moon OST - For River (Sarah & Tommy) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvEXqjnuQww

                  To The Moon OST - To The Moon (Main Theme) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGJ-R95pGrA

I HIGHLY recommend listening to these songs while reading this C: Makes everything more beautiful.


Darkness shrouded his vision. Everywhere he looked, it was completely black. Where...was he? He should've felt scared, but he felt...warm somehow, as if something was protecting him from all harm in the world. More conscious now, he noticed that there was a soft, feathery feeling to the atmosphere embracing him, complete with a pair of strong arms holding him. He would've stayed there forever if a voice didn't interrupted his thoughts.

"Are you okay?" The voice said with a gentle tone. 

"Y-yes, I'm okay..." Hongki replied back. He looked up to see the owner of the voice. He couldn't see his face clearly, since part of it was covered with shadows. Even though he couldn't see his face, he could tell that this mysterious man has a handsome face. Plus he has some other mesmerizing features. His hair, his soft skin, his smile. In fact, he doesn't have any flaws to his appearnace at all. Looking around him once more, his eyes widened. A pair of black wings were wrapped around him and the stranger. He reached out to touch the wings. It has an amazingly soft, plush feel to it.

"They're real..."

The man laughed. "Of course they're real. You've seen them countless of times"

"I did?" This was the first time he has seen this man, and now he's proclaiming that Hongki and him has met before?

"Haha, did you hit your head or something?" He caressed Hongki's head gently. The way he caressed his head was so hypnotic, Hongki almost fell into trance. The wings surrounding them both unfurled. They looked amazing and so...real. They were twice as big as Hongki. After the stranger's wings unfurled, Hongki turned his head to see where they were. They were both on a cliff, just outside of a forest. Beyond the cliff was the sun just barely rising above the horizons. The scenery was just... breath takingly beautiful. Nothing else could describe it. 

All of a sudden, He felt a pair of lips brush against his. His eyes widened. Normally, he would've felt violated and pushed him off, but somehow this felt...right. He instantly responded back. The heat between them was passionate, yet gentle. After they seperated, Hongki leaned back to catch his breath. He slowly opened his eyes.

He was back in his bedroom. He was lying on his bed with his regular clothes still on. Looking outside, he can see that it was morning, seeing as how the sun was just rising over the horizons.

"Ughh..the hell?" He got up from his bed and scratched his messy head. The last thing he remebered that happen, he was...in someone's arms, being kissed. Was it just a dream? It had to be a dream. The mysterious guy in his dreams wasn't human, and beings like him didn't exist...right? Out of all people, he shouldn't be saying that. He's been seeing these non- human beings for almost his entire life. Except the man from his dreams was different. He wasn't creepy looking or disfigured, he was quite the opposite actually. The man also gave him a warm, safe feeling, unlike all the other things he has seen in his life. 

"Gaah, no time to debate with myself if it was real or not! I better get ready and head out for breakfast!" He quickly brushed his teeth, changed into baggy, ripped jeans complete with a black tank top and a long sleeved blue plaid shirt, and ran out the door.

He hasn't have the chance to explore around the campus, but seeing everything pass by when he ran to the mess hall, everything fitted right in. The buildings, the forest surrounding everywhere, the lake... all these combine to to make beautiful sceneries. He didn't know what to say to all this. 

Walking into the mess hall, he could see that he woke up a bit too early. There was hardly anyone there except a few early risers. He went outside onto the balcony and took a seat closest to the edge of the balcony. The tables here were covered with a red, plaid table clothe with a small vase containing a single red rose right in the middle. The morning breeze felt so cool and fresh. It was nice to have a normal morning for once. Every other mornings in Seoul would end up with him having a minature heart attack with those things around. Maybe there isn't alot of them here in Ikeda.

"Hello there. What can I get you?" A waitress suddenly appeared by his table with a flip pad in one hand and a pen in the other.

"Uuuhh...Can I get a cup of coffee and a plate of pancakes?" He said while looking over the breakfast section on the menu.

"Coming right up." The waitress sauntered away back inside. Hongki took out his iPod and started to play some peaceful music. This was the first morning in ages that he can relax in peace. The sun was still just lingering right above the horizons, so the sky was baby blue with a few clouds floating far above him. He was in so much in ease, he didn't realize the waitress has placed a cup of coffee and a plate of pancakes in front of him. He just wanted this morning to last for hours, to be able to relax without having a single care in the world, but sadly, he had to go to class soon and waste a beautiful morning like this stuck inside.

Sipping his coffee and eating his food, he looked back at the sliding glass doors. There was certainly a lot more students here for breakfast, but only a few went out to the balcony to eat outside. He examined everyone here. Everyone was eating and chatting happily with their friends. Out of everyone here, one of them stuck out to him. Like himself, he was also sitting alone, staring out onto the scenery of the forest. He had a sad look in his eyes, a sorrow that he himself could compare to. He was just sitting there, taking sips of his tea quietly.

He somehow looked oddly familiar, as if Hongki knew him from before.


Author's Note

After reading this, I was kind of amazed at how well I just described one of my mornings :P the nice breeze, the coffee, weird person that seems familiar (LOL) The songs that I played while I was writing is soooo beautiful! You need to listen to one or both of them while reading this. It certainly makes the atmosphere of this chapter really...relaxing and calm :3 but if i post it down here, you probably already read the chapter, so imma post the link at the top ^^ I will post a song that I played while writing each chapter, so it makes it much more interesting to read :3