Chapter 10

Wings of the World

 

Chapter 10

Ji Eun couldn't help but feel upset and frustrated at the same time as she looked 
at herself in the mirror, the very pair of eyes that had gotten its sight back.

Flashback

"Oppa, guess what? Omma says there might be a donor…"

"Really? Look, didn't I tell you the day will come?"

"You're the first person I wanna see"

"I know…"

End of Flashback


She never thought that it was going to come from him.
The very person who had been encouraging her and giving her hope.

"How could you do it? What made you think that it was the best for me?"

The old lady sighed upon hearing the sound of something breaking from her daughter's room. 

She had been cooping herself in her room for the past week, barely eating nor speaking.

She opened the door and was horrified to find her holding on to a broken piece 
of the mirror she had just thrown, against her wrist.

"Yah Lee Ji Eun, do you think he'd want to see you in this state? 
Don't you think you should live on well after all that he has done for you?"

"But omma, it hurts so badly…"

To have lost the love of her life without knowing.
For not being around when he would have needed her most. 
And for never being able to see him ever again.

"Omma and appa will be with you, and don't forget you still have Kyu Jong…"

---

"Mr Kim? Could you please sign these documents?"

Kyu Jong snapped back to his senses after his colleague called out to him again. 
It has been more than a week and Ji Eun hadn't returned to work or responded 
to his text messages. Never mind that he was feeling dejected, he was more 
concerned over how she was coping.

"Kyu Jong ah, would you like to drop by for dinner?"

He was glad to have received a call from her mother and made his way down after work. 

Having heard that she barely left her room, he surprised to see Ji Eun seated in the 
living room when he arrived, looking visibly thinner and pale. 

He wanted very much to hug her but decided against it in case it triggered off her 
emotions again.

"You haven't been eating and resting well…"

Kyu Jong said after her parents left for a walk after dinner, leaving them alone in 
the house to spend some time together.

"You know… you can always call me if you need someone to talk to. 
And if there's anything else about Hyung you wanted to know…"

He really wouldn't mind, for that was the least he could do for her.

Ji Eun looked at the guy in front of her who never once stopped caring despite 
being brushed off by her and broke down again, this time feeling remorseful for 
ignoring him all this while.

"Mianhae oppa..."

"Kwenchana, it's not easy I know"

"Can you give me a little more time? I really don't know…"

"Pabo. I'll always be around, remember that"