Everything Is A Little More Happy When Alcohol Is Involved

Second Time Around

“You guys are early” Taeyang smiled.

                Paije and I looked at our appearance before checking them out more fully. They were all still pretty casual with there baggy jeans and fitted tee-shirts and hooded sweatshirts.

“You guys said eight didn’t you?” I let out a sigh remembering the time. “I’m sorry, we can come back-”

“Yeah right, you guys can come up to the room” Teddy said easily, stepping forward to grab Paije in a bear hug. “I missed ya girl!!!!”

Paije laughed squeezing him back before letting him go to peek around for Daesung. She was grinning from ear to ear as Daesung ducked his head blushing slightly. She walked to him and he closed the distance grabbing her in tight hug; I jealously watched his shoulders flex around her body. I was pretty positive he didn’t hug me like that…ours was more like five seconds but watching theirs slowed down time. Not that I wanted Daesung…it’s just that one other member of the group should’ve hugged me like that. I wrinkled my face a bit getting rid of the pout.

“Let’s give these two a minute eh?” Teddy said stepping to me wrapping an arm around my shoulder walking me to the elevator. “So Dev…are you even old enough to wear a dress like that?”

I rolled my eyes before nudging him with my arm. “Yes…I’m 22.”

Teddy scoffed making a face. “22 and you think your grown” he teased.

“Hyung Stop it!” Seungri spoke up. “She looks gorgeous…all grown up” he smiled at me pressing the elevator button.

“That’s my point? Where’s my Little D? The one who is forever innocent and adorable in her printed pajamas” Teddy said making me sound too cutesy.

“You can’t expect me to wear that to go clubbing” I explained. “Besides, because of the time difference I’m mostly getting ready to go to bed when we Skype” I smiled.

“It’s cool, I guess it just means I’ll be fighting them off tonight” Teddy said guiding me into the elevator. “I just wish you’d make my job a little easier.”

“Is this some weird translation for ‘You Look Good’” I smiled.

“Yeah too good! I kinda want to lock you away” I gave him a scrutinizing look. “Not for myself of course…not that I’m not- okay this is coming out wrong” he corrected and I laughed. “Basically I look at you and Paije like you're my sisters who need an overprotective brother…and I volunteered.”

“Okay?” I said slowly. “Thank you?” We both laughed.

                Teddy, Taeyang, Seungri, T.O.P, GD and myself stepped into the first elevator. Teddy and I were standing in the back and because T.O.P and GD were the last ones to get on T.O.P’s eyes were forced to look at mine. I suddenly felt my stomach do a somersault and I took a rather large gulp of air. He gave me an indifferent look before twisting his mouth turning around facing his back towards me. I ducked my head feeling a deflate in my good mood. Teddy grabbed my hand and squeezed it, and when I looked at him he gave me a double head flick meaning “Keep Your Head Up.” I sighed and shook it off giving him a determined nod.

“So Devon, you work here?” G-Dragon turned to me to ask.

“Yeah, but you guys won’t see me much unless you go swimming” I explained. “I work at the outside pool.”

“But today you were a maid?” GD said slowly and fully accented in his own style of speaking. I swear I was practically having conniptions.     

“Yes, some times I fill in with other jobs if I can’t work at the pool.”

“That’s right…today it rained” he noted.

                The doors opened up revealing the top level. We walked down the long hallway to the room Teddy and I bringing up the rear. We entered the suite and Teddy ushered me to the living room while the other guys went to their rooms to change.

“Make yourself comfortable” Teddy said as I took off my heels sitting on one of the sofas. “We’ve got a few prima-donnas so who knows how long this will take.”

 I relaxed myself in the seat and waited patiently as they got ready. Fifteen minutes later Paije and Daesung entered the suite. He quickly smiled at me and hurried off towards his room as Paije joined me on the sofa.

“What took you two so long?” I said smirking.

“Get your mind out of the gutter” she said hitting me. “The elevators were running slow; that’s all.”

                We chatted amongst ourselves until T.O.P emerged first. I felt the light mood drain away from the room as he coldly stepped into the space. I legit felt the smile fall off of my face; he gave me another dirty look before talking to Paije. Even with the current awkwardness I could not ignore how amazing he looked in a simple pea green button down shirt, silver tie and black dress pants.

“Hello Paije” he greeted.

“Hi?” Paije said noting the mood change. “How are you?”

“Fine. Thank you?” She answered looking back and forth between T.O.P and I. “Everything okay?”

“Everything is fine” he answered her but staring coldly at me.

A few seconds passed before Paije spoke. “You don’t look fine.”

“He’s just hungry!” I said covering for him and he tilted his head waiting for another lie. I didn’t give him one; I sat back in the sofa smiling nervously at Paije.

 “What is going on with you two?” Paije asked flatly.

                T.O.P surprised me by not answering but instead smirking and taking a seat on the sofa across from the two of us.

“So, Paije” he began. “What has been going on the past two years?”

“Devon didn’t tell you?”Paije said looking at me before answering his question. “I got a job at an Art Museum and I’m working on gathering new pieces for an upcoming exhibition.”

He nodded politely. “That’s great. I’m sure you’ll do well.”

                I silently prayed that someone else would join us. Any one! Any one at all! But the awkwardness dragged on as T.O.P and Paije continued to talk. At every opportunity, Paije was looking at me completely confused until T.O.P got a call from his phone and left the room to answer it.

“How the hell are you just sitting there?!” She said turning on me.

“SHHHHH!” I hissed but she got even louder.

“Don’t you shush me! Why is he acting like that?!” Paije said upset. “He can’t still be upset-”

“I hope you don’t mind that Jolie will be joining us for tonight” T.O.P said smirking directly towards me.

                I ducked my head to smile. Jolie had to be this twenty-something year old super model. She was tall and sleek with her long pin straight dark hair; her long tanned legs were glittering in a pair of sparkly silver heels. She was wearing a sparkly black and silver sequenced dress that cut off above the thigh. It barely covered her crotch but somehow was still classy.

“I hope you won’t mind” she giggled unapologetic. “Seunghyun said that people were pairing off so-”

                The look on Paije’s face was priceless; it mirrored how I was feeling to a tee. I was feeling more shock than anything but somehow I played it cool and was able to smile genuinely. After the initial surprise, I was actually laughing at the fact that he was probably trying to make me jealous.

“It’s totally fine” I somehow grinned ignoring the urge to tear out. “It’s good he’ll have someone to pair off with.”

                The smirk from his face disappeared with my comment. Seungri was the next one to come down and the poor guy wasn’t sure who he was supposed to look at first.

“This is T.O.P’s date…Jolie” I explained to him.

“T.O.P’s what?!” Seungri exclaimed fixing his navy suit jacket.

“What’s going on?” Taeyang said coming in trying to tie a tie on his plain white button down before tucking it into a vest. “Who’s this?”

“Jolie” Seungri, Paije, T.O.P and I answered together.

                Jolie smiled and flipped her hair seductively causing T.O.P, Seungri and Taeyang to raise an eyebrow before Seungri and Taeyang looked to me. I bit my bottom lip to keep from laughing; I had no idea how I was being so lighthearted about this situation. The reactions from Teddy and G-Dragon when they finally came down were just priceless. Everyone but Jolie and T.O.P were watching my face waiting for some type of reaction.

“How are you so calm?” Paije hissed at me. “Like he’s doing this on purpose!”

“No Sherlock” I laughed earning a few smiles from the group and one eye roll from T.O.P.

                Daesung was the last to come down wearing a light purple button down shirt silently matching Paije’s ensemble. His bright blonde hair contrasted nicely against the color making him seem more majestic than usual.

“I hope you don’t mind” he said walking over to stand next to Paije. “We match” he ducked his head blushing.

“No I don’t…you look very nice” Paije said reaching up to fix his pale metallic colored tie.

                If T.O.P was trying to make me jealous he completely failed at it; I was however choking over unicorns and butterflies with Paije and Daesung. I had no problem admitting that I was jealous of the two of them. Their relationship is what ours was supposed to be like. Maybe Paije was right? Maybe I did pick the wrong bias; because right now mine was acting like the biggest jerk in the world.

“Who’s ready to go?” I said putting my heels back on my feet, taking back a small amount of my confidence.

                Taeyang and Seungri were by my side instantly leading me out of the suite. I saw Teddy shake his head before slapping his face in frustration. The nine of us were making our way down the hallway to the elevator and the group split to get into the two elevators. Teddy, Paije, Daesung and I got into one while T.O.P, Jolie, Seungri, Taeyang and GD got into the other.  As soon as the elevator doors closed Teddy and Paije cussed and I let out a laugh I had been trying to keep for a while.

“What is his deal?!” Paije exclaimed.

Daesung and I shrugged together before looking to each other and laughing.

 “Could he be more of an idiot?!” She continued. “Like seriously?! What is his problem?!”

                I shrugged trying to find something to say but Teddy cut me off before I could even gather a sentence.

“Seriously! Bringing another girl!” Teddy growled. “That’s just asking for trouble!”

I sighed letting them both vent and Daesung just shifted his weight from foot to foot. Daesung looked to me before wrapping an arm around my shoulder giving me a squeeze.

“He’s not thinking” he explained and I nodded. “But you already knew that.”

“When is he ever thinking?” I asked with a weak smile. “Especially about me” I mumbled as the elevator doors opened up revealing the lobby.

                When we got to the entrance a limousine was waiting in front and we all climbed in. Thank God I wasn’t forced to sit next to T.O.P and Jolie, but in between Teddy and Seungri. Teddy was giving a glower to T.O.P the entire way to the restaurant, which was a few miles away. I rested my head against his arm and felt him let out a deep breath.

“You’re too funny” I smiled up at him as he took his hand and placed it on my knee before giving it a playful shake.

“This big brother stuff isn’t easy” he said with an exhausted chuckle. “I swear Dev I had no idea he’d stoop this low.”

I shrugged before T.O.P leaned up to ask what ‘stooping’ was.

“You know…playing dirty? Trying to make someone feel bad for some stupid reason? Going to any length to get back at someone” Paije snapped unfriendly.

“Hyung” Seungri said leaning up to see Teddy. “Is that what it means?”

“Pretty much” Teddy sneered at Paije’s vocabulary lesson.

“Paije” I said sounding motherly.

“What?” She replied angrily. “I told you no promises…and I’m just getting started.”

 

                Dinner was awkward, the ride into the city was even more uncomfortable. T.O.P and Jolie made-out repulsively in the limo the entire way to the club. Instead of feeling jealous, I felt disgusted. They way they were going at it was not only rude but inconsiderate of the other people we had to share a car with.

“Are you alright?” Seungri said to me and I nodded with a laugh.

“I’ll be better with a few shots!” I said fist pumping trying to get into the party mood.

“Devon you are so…cool!” Taeyang smiled nodding approvingly. “You should’ve fallen for one of us” he pouted before smirking.

“Next time” I grinned back.

“I wish all of my ex’s were as ‘easy’ to break” Seungri said.

“Easy?” Paije asked before Daesung explained.

“Seungri has had some experiences” Daesung said nicely.

“They were all bat crazy!” GD laughed. “Like he can’t go into certain districts because he’s so scared.”

“Am not!” Seungri said making a face towards GD. “But none of them took it this well.”

“The way I see it? Whatever he can do I can do better, so I won’t get upset” I smirked closing my eyes remembering dinner.

                Paije had taken it upon herself to sit next to T.O.P and Jolie no doubt dropping loud hints about Hyun Joong and our relationship. Thank God we were at a big enough table that I couldn’t hear exactly what was going on, but from the way he kept fidgeting at dinner and how he was practically ripping Jolie’s face apart with his own…whatever Paije said to him irked him good fashioned.

“What are you so smiley about?” Seungri whispered into my ear, tickling the flesh making me duck my head trying to escape the sensation.

“I’m just still incredibly happy” I admitted. “I just can’t wait to start drinking and dancing.”

“Me too!” Seungri exaggerated in fake excitement. “Especially with you.”

My stomach felt really warm as I accepted Seungri’s flirtatious advances.

“I can help you, y’know” He smirked touching my face lightly with one of his fingers. The way he was looking at me was completely throwing off my ability to breathe normally.

“That’s enough Seungri” Teddy said sounding really fatherly and I let out a giggle.

“We’ll talk later Devon” he winked and I smiled even bigger.

“I swear…I love you guys so much” I said laughing as the car magically pulled to a stop in front of a brick building.

                We got out and were entering the club being quickly ushered to a V.I.P section. Teddy ordered the first round of drinks and as soon as the liquor was brought out I was the first one to grab one of the glasses. I chugged it down in one gulp earning a few raised stares from the rest of the group.

“I needed it” I said unregretful. “Keep’em coming!” I motioned to the waiter.

                I was slowly gaining a small collection of glasses before I was dragging Taeyang to the dance floor. He obliged taking my hand leading me to the middle of the floor. With the cool liquid sloshing around in my system the feeling of being weightless kicked in allowing me to sway freely in the crowd. Someone had requested BIGBANG’s Fantastic Baby and I let out a high pitched scream. Taeyang and I were dancing crazily with happy smiles on our faces. The song changed to a slower instrumental cover of Toni Braxton’s Don’t Break My Heart. Taeyang brought himself closer to me and pulled me tighter against him anchoring his arms around my waist. I wrapped my arms around his neck and rested my head in the dip of his shoulder blade. I was beginning to cry when Taeyang pulled away from me, grabbing my hand to slowly bring me to the bar. He gave me a glass of water and we were making our way back up the stairs to the V.I.P room once again.

“What’s wrong?” Paije asked worried.

“It’s just the alcohol…I think I’m done” I nodded feeling sleepy.   “Let’s go dance so’more” I say feeling my words beginning to slur.

“Come on lightweight” GD says this time grabbing my hand interlocking our fingers. “Show me what you got!”

                I let out a tiny squeal going with him down the steps and this time Daesung and Paije follow us. GD is just so fun and energetic I practically forget all about T.O.P. G-Dragon’s smiles are genuine and plentiful and when he passes me to Seungri for a slow dance it feels perfectly transitioned. Even slightly tipsy, I still can’t forget how smooth and precise his movements are. He guides me slowly and effortlessly he sways me gently in a tiny circle.

“I’m feeling dizzy” I almost laugh leaning away from him.

“From me?” He smiles.

I nodded before hugging him tightly. “I missed dancing with you…all of you. I missed all of you.”

“Even T.O.P?” he says quiet.

“Yes…even him.”

~~~~

okay so, i'm trying to update more frequently but i need to know how you guys feel about swearing in this story? if you guys don't like it i can easily take it out, but every now and then i feel i need a swear thrown in there lol let me know; and i hope you guys enjoy this chapter...yes i realize T.O.P is acting like a jerk but in my head he has his reasons which you will find out soon lol

THANKS FOR READING AS ALWAYS...much love, pce!