Los Angeles

Second Time Around

"It's so pretty here!!!!" Paula squeals in the front seat of the van sitting next to Teddy who's driving. "Thanks for bringing me along."

Teddy nods checking his rearview mirror. "What about you Dev?"

Raizo nudges me causing me to remove my headphones. "I'm sorry what?"

"I asked you what you thought of L.A?"

"Oh" I say understanding the question. "It's a cool place to be."

"Have you been here before?" Raizo asks me. 

"Yeah, a few times" I shrug remembering the different times Paije and I would visit Hyun Joong during his concerts. 

"Does this mean you know where the good clubs are?" Taeyang turns around to smile at me. 

"Maybe one or two" I smile back. 

"Too bad we can't go tonight" Raizo groans. "24 hour practice...kill me now!!!!"

"When's the concert?" I ask. 

"Tomorrow night; but we start practicing tonight." 

"Oh" I say settling back into my seat. 

"We're here for two weeks, fun's guarenteed" Teddy smiles at Raizo. "We'll probably go out after tomorrow's concert."

The drive to the hotel takes a while from the airport and as soon as we get there, there is a swarm of fans waiting outside of the hotel's entrance. There has to be at least fifty to sixty people blocking the entrance. 

"Whoa!" I shout looking at the crowd of VIP blocking the entrance.

"How did they find out where we were staying?" Taeyang asks pulling his hood up over his head trying to hide. 

"I'm not sure but...we need a distraction." Teddy says slowly. "Think you could handle it Devon?"

I look out the window at the massive crowd thinking of a plan. "Yeah...who's got a camera?"

The entire van begins searching their bags until GD hands me one. 

"Sweet" I say smiling. "Can you put me out at the corner?"

"What are you going to do?" GD asks as I'm unbuckling myself. 

"Giving you guys a distraction" I smirk as the car slows to a stop. 

I hop out of the car surprised to see that GD is coming with me. He shuts the door and hits the van twice signaling for Teddy to drive away. 

"What are you doing?"

"Helping" he says honestly. "So what's the plan?"

I step away from him and begin waving the camera around shouting at the top of my lungs. 

"GD!!!! G-DRAGON!!!!! KWON JI-YONG!!! IS RIGHT HERE!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!"

He's looking at me like I've completely lost my mind as I'm continuing to cause a disturbance. At first it seems that no one can hear me but then I hear voices beginning to shout. 

"IT'S REALLY HIM!!!!! IT'S REALLY HIM!!!!!"

"OPPA!!!!!" 

"GD-OPPA!!!!!"

"Run!!!!!" I squeal grabbing his hand forcing him to follow me. 

We're running down streets and alleyways dodging fans left and right and its the most fun I've had in weeks. As we're running I glance to GD who looks absolutely terrified as he's dragging me along. 

"WHY ARE YOU SO SLOW!!!!" He shouts and I begin laughing. "THIS ISN'T FUNNY! WE'RE GONNA DIE!!!!"

"JUST LEAVE ME BEHIND!!!!!" I squeal still laughing and running at the same time. 

"IN HERE!!!!"

He pulls me into a large department store before hiding the two of us in between the racks. 

"I'm gonna kill you" he growls at me and I laugh even more. 

"I'm sorry" I grin. "But no one asked you to come with me."

He's glaring at me, but I can tell he's about to crack a smile any minute. 

"You should've seen your face" I smile still laughing before beginning to mock his expressions. 

"Me?" He smiles giving in. "You're so slow! It's amazing they didn't catch us."

"Next time you'll stay in van" I smirk. "We gotta get you back...."

He nods barely noticing how I'm still holding his hand as he leads me out of the store back to the hotel. 

~~~

Next Day- Day of the Concert

 

"Morning everyone..." I say sweetly entering the hotel lobby. 

They look at me confused totally noticing my mood shift...and how could they not? It's not like I'm being quiet about my new attitude. 

"Where's GD?" I ask trying not to smile asking for him. 

"He's doing his morning workout" Seungri asks and I pout slightly. 

I nod going to sit beside Taeyang and he looks at me suspiciously. "You good Dev?"

"Never better" I purse my lips trying not to smile. 

"You seem really happy today" Seungri says walking towards me. "Something happened."

"Nothing...and everything...all at the same time!" I squeal earning surprised looks from the guys. 

"Oh, good" Daesung smiles taking out his phone. 

T.O.P's POV

"Hello?"

"It's me" Daesung says on the other line. "How come you didn't tell me?"

"Tell you what?"

"That you talked with Devon!" He says excitedly. "She seems so excited I figured that's why?"

"We didn't talk, I was actually trying to give her some space...wait she's in a good mood?"

"Best I've seen in weeks!" Daesung says in a way I can hear the smile in his voice. "Maybe this means she's ready for you to talk to her?"

I let out a deep sigh scratching my head. I'm not sure that's the best idea...I mean if she's finally happy I don't want to ruin it, and lately that's all I seem to be doing. 

"I think she still needs her space-"

"What she needs is for you not to give up on her!" Daesung says seriously. "Man up and tell her how you feel, this needs to be resolved."

"Fine...is she still downstairs?"

"Yeah she's here, come down" Daesung says hanging up the phone. 

The entire time I'm walking out of the hotel room and down the elevator I'm breathing deeply to keep from loosing it. My body feels like it just wants to collapse. I mean I haven't really talked to her since that time at the Zoo, but things were so good between us the last thing I want to do is destroy it all. The doors open and I see her sitting next to Taeyang smiling and laughing like she used too. God I've missed her smile...it's been missing for weeks and to see her this happy just confirms everything that I feel about her. We're meant to be...she's known it all along, and it's taken me some time to realize it but now I just have to remind her. 

"D-Devon?" I stutter. "Can we talk?"

She looks at me still smiling. "Sure."

I exhale the breath I'd been holding. The worst part is over, she's walking with me to another part of the lobby. 

"H-How are y-you?"

"Fine" she answers scrunching up her face. "Are you alright? You don't seem like yourself-"

"No! I'm fine, just checking on you"

"Oh" she says taken aback but still polite. "I'm great."

"Good" I say, trying to think of a way to say exactly what I want. "I want you to know-"

"Hang on a sec?" She asks pulling out her phone to check the time. "I just don't want you guys to be late! I'm so excited for this concert!"

And caught up in her excitement she ends up dropping her phone on the ground. Immediately we both rush to pick it up but I beat her to it accidently pressing the side button. 

"We've got time it's only-" I look at her screen background and I'm not sure what I feel. It's a picture of GD from his One of A Kind music video and he's sitting in between two kids. This photo has been edited to look like a polaroid with the words "MY FAMILY" written under it. I'm looking at her completely confused and she's staring back at me completely unsure of why until I turn the phone around. "What's this?"

"Nothing?" She tries, but the smile on her face is completely giving her away. "It's just a photo-"

"Your family?"

She purses her lips and closes her eyes as I'm watching a weaker version of the expression she usually reserves for me flash across her face.

"You & GD?" I say open mouthed.

"SHHHHHH!" She says hurriedly. "It's only a possibility-"

"POSSIBILITY!"

"SHHHHHHH" she says pulling me closer to the side. 

"What does this even mean?"

"I don't know" she grins. "I feel light and...wonderful."

I wave my hands stopping her from continuing. "What makes you think this is a possibility?"

"Nothing. I mean he doesn't even know that I'm thinking about him in that way-"

"How long have you liked him?" I say cutting her off again. 

"Like this?" She asks. "I don't know...like everything just seemed to click last night at the rehearsal. Like I thought it was going to be really hard going, but after we talked it's like a light and now..."

This is sickening....but it's fine because it's one sided and she's delusional if she thinks that GD likes her like that... 

"Devon, it just sounds like you've found a new bias-"

She lets out a frustrated laugh. "Its more than a bias...it's like I'm seeing him clearly for the first time...and it's all because of you." I feel myself choke as she wraps her arms around me to give me a hug. She smiles stepping back adding, "You'll do great tonight!"

She enters the elevators leaving me stunned. GD! She likes him now? I groan hitting myself upside the head. As I walk back to the rest of the group I see GD finally coming from the gym. He smiles to me but I can't return it; I'm too busy trying to process her confession. 

"What's up?" He smiles but I motion him over. 

"We have a problem."

"What's wrong?"

"Devon-"

"What more can I do? You've already got her following me around-"

"She likes you, like really likes you"

"I know" he shrugs.

"You know?!"

"She's not exactly secretive" he laughs hitting my shoulder. "She'll go back to being your #1 fan eventually."  

"No! She really likes you...like likes you likes you-"

He scoffs before smiling bigger. "Impossible."

"She photoshoped a photo of you and called it her family?!" I blurt out. 

His eyes spread. "Really?" He laughs harder. 

"Yes! Your her phone's background!"

"So this is really serious" He laughs even harder. "Your really jealous."

I twist my mouth looking in another direction. 

"Hyung, you don't have to be. Devon's just another fangirl, she'll come back to you when this phase is over" he smiles. "So, relax."

But that's not what worries me...Devon is a rare person, and once you find that out, you're extremely reluctant to let her go...I'm a perfect example of that and it for that very reason I don't want him attatched to her. 

"Give her back to me"

"She's not a piece of clothing you can just return-"

"She doesn't work with you anymore" I say flat. "She's going back to being my assistant."

Jiyong's looking at me strangely, and I watch him carefully as his eyes narrow into a glare. "No."

"No?" I ask taken aback. "What do you mean no?"

"N-O...No" He says changing his stance. "I'm tired of seeing you pass her onto other people when you don't know what to do...if she likes me that's your mistake. None of this would've even be happening if you were just honest and didn't run away from your problems every chance you get."

"Where is this coming from?! You don't even like her!"

"I like her enough to keep her from you if you're not going to treat her right" he says seriously. "If you want her, fight for her."

I'm standing there opened mouth watching him leave the lobby to go back upstairs to the hotel suite. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

not really sure where this went...but i'm going with it lol