o32.

The 30 Day Contract

3 years later...

 

I stepped out of my car and rushed towards the brides room. Lets just say I was late... 20 minutes late infact; but hey its not my fault.

Traffic, thats what slowed me down.

 

"Hyolee! there you are! hurry get to the dressing room!!!" Jisoo grabbed my wrist and quickly pulled me into the ladies dressing room.

 

Today was a the big day. Well not mine but Chaerin's, today was her wedding with Chunji.

The two of them hit it off really well the last few years as well as Jisoo and Niel; the two of them were on their way to being married. Which leaves me still waiting for Ljoe, sometimes I wonder if he still remembers me. 

I know waiting for someone can frustrate people around you; Chaerin and Niel have said that it might be time to let go but I have a feeling deep down he will be back.

 

"Finally you're here!" Chaerin got up picking up her dress "You need to put your dress on! Thank god your make-up is done already though"

 

I was the maid of honour for my bestfriend while Jisoo and my brother were the flower girl and ring boy. As for Chunji's best man it was from what I recall I think his name was Changjo? He's my age too. Chunji said it would have been Ljoe but he never responded to the wedding invite so none of us even know if he was coming or not.

 

"Ladies wedding is in 10!" the wedding planner knocked on the door "I need the flower girl and Maid of honour out in 5 though!" 

"Alright!" I shouted then turned to my bestfriend "You nervous?"

"How could I not be?!" Chaerin said shaking "W-what if something goes wrong? what if I trip and fall on the way?!"

"Hey now" Jisoo put a hand on her shoulder "Everything will be fine, you are the soon-to-be 'Mrs.Lee'. If anything makes you feel better my bet is that Chunji is going to be pretty clumsy" She laughed

"Hey now, only I can make fun of Chunji" Chaerin lightly pushed Jisoo 

 

A smile formed on the side of my lip and the three of us pulled each other into a group hug.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

"Thank you guys for coming today" Chunji hugged us all "It really mean's a lot for Chaerin and I"

"No problem hyung" Niel chuckled "So where's the honeymoon at?"

"Paris!" Chaerin said "It was between England or Paris, but I won. So we Paris it was"

"Man I cant wait till the next wedding among us" Niel sighed 

 

The six of us chatted with each other for the remainder of the wedding since the ceramony was over. I stood next to Jisoo and Chunji's friend Changjo. 

I soon lost my focus and stared out to the other groups of people Chunji and Chaerin invited. I didnt know any of them until a familiar patch of brown hair came into my focus. I leaned over to the side to get a better view; still I could not see the owners face.

Was I hallucinating now? Did I just see Byunghun figure? Did he finally come back?

 

"Um Hyolee?" Changjo poked my arm "Hyolee?"

"hm?!" I tuned back to my friends

"Who were you checking out just now?" Chaerin winked at me

"Are you finally moving on!?" Chunji exaggerated

"What? No one, I thought I sa--"

"Ljoe?" Niel finished "Listen, we know you miss him but Im sure you're just seeing things"

"No but oppa I swear that was him just now" I pointed in the direction the boy with brown hair just stood "I dont normally do this but im 100% sure it was him"

"Hyolee are you sure?" Chunji asked "Maybe it was just someone that looked like him, plus he never responded to the invite"

 

I pursed my lips together and sighed.

 

"You all think im crazy dont you?" 

"Thats not true" Jisoo tilted her head 

"Its just none of us saw him or even the side of that guy" Niel finished

"Yeah whatever...Im going to go take a breather" I turned around and walked towards the door.

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

The great thing about Chaerin and Chunji's wedding was that the Chapel was by the beach. So it was a great place to have my own private thoughts to myself. 

I stood there by the rail and stared out at the ocean waves.

 

"I know it was him" I said to myself "It has to be"

"I believed you back there" A voice came up behind me 

 

I turned around to see Changjo, Chunji's friend/the best man.

Changjo walked up next to me and stared out at the ocean.

 

"Thanks" I smiled and nodded "Im Ahn Hyolee, but just call me Hyolee"

"Im Choi Jonghyun, but please call me Changjo" He flashed a smiled "Nice to properly meet you"

"Same" I turned around to face to ocean again

 

The two of us looked back at the view with moments of silence before Changjo spoke up again.

 

"So who is this Ljoe person everyone talks about?" He asked "Its okay if you dont want to answer"

"Oh um, Ljoe is like my first love sorta...and I kind of blew it for the both of us." I awkwardly scratched my neck "But the both of us agreed to wait for each other... I dont know if he still but I am"

"Ah first loves" Changjo chuckled "I remember mine...from back in grade 8" He joked

"Hey thats like a school boy crush" I laughed "Its not the same as me"

"I think its pretty close" I rolled his eyes

"Ok ok fine, but fyi before I met Ljoe I had no interest in guys at all" I mentioned

"Does that mean you're interested in me?" He wiggled his eyebrows

"Yah!" I snapped in a playful tone "Who has interest in you?"

 

The two of us started to laugh at each other and make jokes, I can really say that even though I just met Changjo; he has the personality of someone who has known be forvever.

As we continued to laugh a quick gush of wind blew by, I rubbed my arms to keep warm from the coolk air and fixed my hair.

 

"Here" Changjo took off his suit jacket and handed it to me "Wear it"

"No, no its fine" I smiled "Im a tough girl....well halfway"

"Take it, its fine" He leaned over slightly to drap his jacket over me

"Thanks Changjo" I thanked "I think we should head back soon"

"Oh wait! before we go lets take a picture together! the view is nice" He suggested "Think of it in the non-creepy way okay"

 

The two of us moved next to each other and made 3 sets of different poses by the ocean side. 

Once Changjo finished snapping the photos he opened them up to view on his phone

 

"Oh I like this one!" I pointed to the second photo "Send it to me"

"Sure, what's your number?" He asked

 

I took out my phone and gave it to Changjo for him to enter his number while he gave me his phone to enter my number.

 

"Forgetting about me already?" a voice spoke behind us

 

very familiar voice.

 


 

Yay I updated! Decided to skip ahead of time just to make it work haha.

Originally I was going to end this fic pretty soon but im going to prospone it by quite some chapters LOL

Hope you like the update! yes yes I added Changjo as another character LOL [Remember he is the same age as Hyolee while Ljoe is 2 years older] 

Comment what you think! Ill update asap, when I have the time I have a Bio test tomorrow so wish me luck!

-Mochii_