Sneak out

Dancing In The Rain

 

You were running out of breath and you didin't know if you were going to be able to keep up with his rythm, thanks heaven he stopped after turning a corner, both of you were panting, with strings of sweat in your forehead, barely able to catch a bit of oxygen into your lungs without your throat hurting.

"you okay?" the boy asked, peeking to the other side of the corner to make sure no one was following you.

"it's safe now"

Even if it was safe now, this was never the right thing to do, you didin't knew why you were doing it... at first he told you there was going to be an important person from an important magazine there, he might be interested in your work.

The important person got interested, but he asked you to meet him in that place again, at the same hour.

That was a problem

but not a problem that a pair of dark glasses, a cap and baggy clothes wouldn't fix. Even if you could barely see, using dark glasses at night.

The important person offered good amounts of money for your work.

But he insisted in meeting you at that place, at that inconvenient hour.

And you liked it, you liked the good price, and up to now, nothing dangerous had happened.

and because you liked the good price, and nothing dangerous happened,  you kept going.

"I'm sorry" you told the boy 

It's not the first time you had to run away like that, but it was always the taller, stronger people's fault.

You always overheard them, speaking bad of the 12 dancers, of how they were just a show off, and how they "planned" to decrease their number slowly.

Some of them were just joking

but some others meant it, they fought with them...fought over a non-existent invisible fame.

No one knew about this fights at first, neither did you. That's how it was supposed to be.

You were not supposed to know.

That's why you believed whatever excuse Kai told you when you asked him what were the causes of his bruises.

You were supposed to believe him, and to take care of him, as always.

But it was not like that, you knew the truth about his wounds

But you couldn't tell him.

because that will mean you had been going to the place you were not supposed to go.

maybe you should just tell him that you were going to that place...but the time passed and you didin't, it was too late to tell the truth now.

but it was fine.

It was fine as long as no one got hurt.

But Kai was getting hurt.

It was fine as long as you didin't get hurt.

And you'd probably be badly injured if it wasn't because of this boy who always helped you escape.

Because you couldn't help but yell at the guys who insulted your boyfriend and his friends behind their backs

because your blood boiled and you felt brave so you yelled at them.

But you froze when the guys started to approach you in a threatening way, you were nothing of a fighter

But the boy always pushed one of them so you could escape.

He ran with you, because if he didin't you would get lost.

"Aish" He sighed jokingly "you should get more condition if you plan to keep doing this"

You didn't answer for a while, trying to recover your normal way of breathing

"Let's just go" 

 


aand that was chapter 7 :) it's the original one, and it's back! yaay

thank you for reading!