Broken Diamond.

Broken Diamond

Listen to this; Jeff Jarvis - Off the Hook

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FNGU1t1sdk


3rd Person's POV.

 

You both quietly sat on each side of the sofa. You told him to come over at your house for dinner, and dinner was over and now you two were sitting inside the living room.

 

Complete silence filled the air, nothing entertaining as the TV was off. What made it worse was the fact neither of you spoke.

 

He took a quick glance at the diamond ring you held between your fingertips, a worried expression was shown on your face while he had a disappointed expression on.

 

You pressed your lips together and looked up from the diamond ring. “What do you think?”

 

“About what?” He turned towards you first before looking up on the ceiling.

 

“You know, about the marriage.”

 

He looked back at you; he observed your single movement. He wanted to tell you how he truly felt about the marriage, the fact it angered and killed him at the inside. Of course, he decided lie and hide his true feelings. “I’m surprised, I mean, wow. 18 and engaged, you of all people happen to be the one so early.”

 

“Tch, yeah. He even took me to Paris to propose to me, all that for one question.” You looked down on the diamond ring again.

 

“Yeah, kind of makes him a little desperate.” He chuckled at his own comment, but you found it funny and did the same.

 

“I know, he could have just asked like a regular person does.” You placed the diamond ring inside your pocket again. “Suho, I-”

 

“I need to tell you something.” Suho suddenly blurted out.

 

You curiously looked at him before you scooted a little closer to him until your knees were touching each other. “Yeah?”

 

“I’ll miss you.” He took his arm over your shoulders and leaned in to kiss your forehead.

 

You leaned your head on his shoulder, letting out a sigh of disappointment. You hoped he would confess, and tell you he felt the same way you felt for him. “I’ll miss you too, moving to Paris with my fiancé will be special, but knowing I don’t have anyone like you there will kill me more than moving away from home.”

 

He gulped down his own saliva, and leaned his head on top of yours. His heart ached a little, but ignored it. You were now engaged and ready to move on, maybe he should too he thought.

 

“Suho, could you please sing for me?” You whispered as your eyes closed.

 

He did not hesitate and begun singing, his hand caressed your hair and held you closer so your sides would be touching. You took a quick glance at him before you slowly closed your eyes, a tear streaked down your cheek without any of you noticing.

 

- Flashback ; twelve years ago.

 

You were playing around with your dolls and puckered your lips out, to match it all; you gave out those kissy sounds while you pressed the dolls faces against each other.

 

“Kissy kiss!” You cutely giggled to yourself.

 

The door creaked open and a six year old Suho, or Joonmyun at that time, stepped in. “What are you doing?”

 

You stopped with what you were doing and hid the dolls behind your back. “Nothing, nothing at all!”

 

“Liar! You were making kissy faces.” Joonmyun accused as he carefully approached you.

 

You finally gave up and put the dolls beside the dollhouse before crossing your arms over your chest. “So what if I did do it?”

 

Joonmyun bent down and planted a sweet kiss on your cheek; he stood up and ran to the door, only to stop and turn towards you. “I wanted one from you!” He gave a sweet smile before he ran out.

 

You sat there, pouting and touched the cheek where Joonmyun had kissed you. “You could have asked instead…”

 

- End of flashback.

 

Without realizing it, his singing had already ended and you were suddenly giggling just by the cute action of his, during your childhood years.

 

“What’s funny?”

 

“Oh nothing.”

 

You stayed in each other’s arms for a while, until his phone called. He excused himself and stood up to answer the call. Leaving you alone on the couch, you crossed your ankles and took out the diamond ring from your pocket.

 

It shined every time you moved it around your fingertips; it was beautiful and had that silver-white color. The diamond itself wasn't that big but you knew it wasn't a cheap ring either; after all, your fiancé was one of the most successful guys in Paris and South Korea, so there was no way he would buy you a cheap ring to propose with.

 

When Suho was done with the call, he turned towards you and gave a straight small smile. “I gotta leave now.”

 

“Huh? Why so sudden?” You stood up and held the diamond in your palms.

 

“My girlfriend called, she told me her parents are in town.” Your heart sank and eventually, broke when he had mentioned the word ‘girlfriend’.

 

Girlfriend? When did he get a girlfriend? All these times, he had never told me about a certain girlfriend.’ You wandered deep in your thoughts.

 

So all those rumors about him being in love with you were false? All the hope the rumors gave you shattered. How foolish could you be? Of course, he wasn’t in love with you. All he saw in you was nothing more than a bestfriend.

 

The pain was unbearable but you managed to hide it. “Oh, okay... Thanks for coming anyway.”

 

“Yeah, thanks for calling and I wish you all the best in Paris.” He opened his arms for a hug, but you just took his hand and shook it.

 

“Thank you; hope you live a happy life with your girlfriend...”                     

 

With that, he gave a small nod and walked out of the apartment.

 

You were now completely broken, you fell on your knees and buried your face in the palm of your hands, bawling like it was the only thing you could. When the diamond ring had poked your cheek, you pulled away and stopped for a while to look at it.

 

After a few seconds, you bawled again and threw the diamond ring across the room. The throw was too powerful and the diamond ring had flown here and there across the room until it broke away from the ring and landed a few centimeters away from you.

 

The diamond ring was now broken, and so were you.
 



THAT'S IT ; I'll post the next story later, and it's three-shot. :DD

THANKS FOR SUBBING, COMMENTING AND READING! <3

PEACEE&LOVEE ; Foreverryj. (: