Episode 2 - Shockwaves and Air Hearts part 1

Americans and the K-Wave

- No one's Pov -

SHINee's dorm

Ayame woke up early the next morning due to her inability to sleep; thanks to her excitement of meeting SHINee, the news of starring on ShimShimTaPa, and the suspicious noises she heard coming from Onkey's room. She walked down the stairs and found Key in the kitchen cooking. It appeared to be a mix between Korean and American dishes consisting of eggs, toast, rice, Kongnamul guk, sausage, and a side of kimchi.

“Oh you made breakfast already?” She looked over at the table full of food impressed.

He nodded as if it was nothing special. “I’m usually the first to get up anyway so I usually make breakfast. But since everything is already done now, I’ll go wake everyone up.”

“Ah, I think Lily should be up by now but I would be careful. She seems to be cranky when people wake her up.” Ayame replied, looking at the clock to see what time it was.

Key nodded and started to head up the stairs to wake everyone up.

“What was that Ayame? Who’s cranky when they wake up?” Lily asked walking down the stairs as Key was walking up.

Ayame coughed trying to cover her previous comment. “Nothing!”

“Did you sleep well?” Key asked giving her a gentle smile.

She smiled back and nodded, slightly bowing. “Yes I did. Thank you for asking.”

“So polite,” she heard him mumble as they both continued to their initial destinations. Inaudible complaints could be heard coming from upstairs as Ayame giggled at everyone’s reaction to Key’s waking skills.

Good morning.” Lily sighed as she took a seat on the couch, slightly curling up not wanting to be awake.

Morning. I take it you’re not a morning person.” She sat beside the younger watching her whine in discomfort.

Lily groaned looking up at Ayame. “Not at all… And then I kept hearing these weird noises last night in my sleep…

Ayame held her stomach in laughter, leaning down to whisper in Lily’s ear. “That was Onew and Key.

No way! How do you know?!” Lily asked shooting up from her previous position.

Well my room is beside theirs so it wasn’t exactly hard to figure out.

A small blush crept on Lily’s cheeks but she couldn’t hide the grin that appeared after hearing the news.

 

 

At the table, the girls kept giggling and smiling at each other as they both looked back and forth between Key and Onew. “So Lily, how did you sleep last night?” Ayame asked, feigning innocence.

Lily stretched and smiled, knowing that she and Ayame were on the same level. “Ah, I slept okay. It was much better after all the noises from Onew-ssi and Key-ssi’s room died down.”

Key and Onew’s faces flushed a deep red as the girls continued their conversation. “Oh yeah, it was so loud I didn’t know what was going on. Key is definitely a screamer.” Ayame nodded crossing her arms over her chest as Key buried his face in his hands.

Lily giggled and added on to the already embarrassing conversation. “Sounded like it was good though. I’m kinda jealous…” The other members started laughing hysterically at the girls’ not-so-innocent conversation. “It’s ok you guys, everyone already knows that Key is gay. It was just a matter of figuring out which member he would hook up with.”

“I honestly always thought that the couples of SHINee were Onho and Jongkey.” Ayame rubbed her chin in thought.

“Really? I would have guessed it was 2Min.”

The other three members couldn’t decide whether they should be offended or grateful. “Hey, we’re not all gay. Skinship is just part of the job.” Jonghyun pointed out to help the flustered maknae who’s laughter stopped at the accusation of him being paired with his best friend.

“I know.” Ayame giggled and looked back at Onew and Key. “Would this be a good time to ask who tops?”

“Pffft! Hahahaha!” A loud crash was heard as Taemin fell out of his chair; his face red from the uncontrollable laughter.

“Taemin-ah, are you ok?” Lily dashed over to his side to make sure Taemin was alright before turning back to Ayame. “Maybe we should stop teasing them before we kill the other members.”

“Ah, yeah I guess you’re right. We’ll continue this later.” She commented with a smirk on her face.

 

 

The manager soon came in, quickly searching for Ayame and Lily. “Oh there you are.” He found the two sitting on the couch conversing. “You need to get ready. We’re leaving for the show in twenty minutes. I’ll explain the details on the way.”

“Oh!” The girls immediately ran to their respective rooms to get dressed for their first day on air.

“Hmmm…” Lily searched through her wardrobe looking for a simple yet comfortable outfit for the event. It was her first event and she knew the radio show was often recorded so she had to make a good first impression. She settled on a fitted white top and regular denim jeans, placing a large hoodie over the ensemble. “This should be fine.”

She walked over to Ayame’s room to make sure she was ready as well. She knocked softly on the door, entering after being given permission by the elder. “Hey, umm I was wondering if you’re rea—

You’re not wearing that are you?!” Ayame looked Lily up and down in mock horror. The elder was donning a long frilly black and gold top with black tights and gold Greek strapped heels that were definitely a bit overboard for a radio interview.

Lily looked down at herself then back at Ayame in confusion. “What’s wrong with my outfit?

Ayame shook her head in disapproval, folding her arms over her chest. “No. Room. Now.” Lily groaned as she was dragged back to her room and forced to sit on her bed as Ayame fiddled with the material in her closet. “Take off the pants and wear these instead.” She tossed a pair of black skinny jeans toward Lily who caught them and reluctantly changed.

I don’t see why I have to do all of this…” She shimmied her pants up over her hips and zipped them up with a sigh. “It’s just a radio show. And I’m not a baby. We’re the same age for Christ’s sake.”

But it’s going to be a live recording right? Don’t you want to look amazing? You never know who will be there. Pfft, sometimes I forget. You may as well call me eonni. There is no way I will ever believe you are the same age as me. Also, take the hoodie off. Why do you have it on anyway.”

Lily wrapped her arms around herself as if protecting the hoodie from Ayame. “No! The hoodie stays. Besides I like hoodies…

“Fine.” She rolled her eyes in annoyance grabbing a light blue cropped hoodie from the closet and holding it up. “At least wear this then. It’s better than what you have on now. I can tell you have a decent body so stop covering up.

Lily sighed again knowing she wouldn’t win the argument. “It’s not like there is anyone there I want to look good for.” She ped her larger hoodie in exchange for the more fitted cropped hoodie, ignoring Ayame’s grin at Lily’s nicely developed body. Lily mumbled under her breath as she slid her arms into the sleeves. “It’s just Shindong-ssi… Oppa is much better anyway…”

That looks much better!” Ayame clapped in approval as Lily held an arm over her chest feeling slightly exposed. “Oh just stop it you look fine. Come on.” She grabbed Lily’s wrist once again and lead her down the stairs to the waiting manager, ignoring the adorable bear ear headband Lily grabbed on their way out.

 

Gyeongshik and the fellow members of SHINee dropped their conversation and looked up to the staircase when they heard the pair of footsteps descending the stairs. They continued staring at the girls, stunned, when they noticed their outfits.

 Lily blushed feeling self-conscious at all the stares she felt she was getting. “Is something wrong?” She checked herself in the hall mirror again to make sure there was nothing wrong with her appearance before looking back to Ayame for reassurance. Ayame shrugged her shoulders in equal confusion as she tried to figure out what was wrong with the guys.

“Waaah…. Yeppeo….” Taemin and Jonghyun both mumbled under their breath.

“What did you say?” Jonghyun turned to Taemin causing the other to rub his neck while turning his head to hide his blush.

“I-I didn’t say anything. What did you say hyung?”

Jonghyun coughed, attempting to clear his throat as he dismissed the subject. “I didn’t say anything.”

Onew came up behind them placing an arm on each of their shoulders with a knowing grin on his face. “Anyway, you two look lovely.” He said turning his attention to the two women in front of him. “Good luck on your interview.” His fatherly smile appeared as he watched the two leave with their manager. “Now, as for you two….” His grip around his two bandmates tightened as he continued to smile but the aura surrounding him was no longer one of a “loving father”.

Taemin and Jonghyun both gulped when they saw the look in Onew’s eyes.

 

 

EXO's dorm

Cho Sang woke up to yelling from the living room and grumbled, getting up to see what the fuss was about after being disturbed from her sleep. She was a light sleeper and the unexpected noise was unwelcomed.

“Yah! Where are my lucky pants? I can’t find them anywhere.” Kyungsoo searched from room to room searching for his pants as the other members shook their heads and ignored the frantic behavior. “Chen! Did you take my pants?!”

“Huh?” Chen looked over his shoulder while eating his bag of chips. “What makes you think I did anything?”

Kyungsoo placed his palms on his hips, glancing at the younger from the corner of his eyes. “Jongdae… When is it not you?”

Chen choked on his chips, pounding his fist on his chest to help the food slide down. “That’s not fair. How do you know it wasn’t Luhan hyung?”

“Eh?” Luhan abruptly looked up from whispering in Xiumin’s ear when he heard his name. “What is it?”

“Chen did something with my lucky pants.” He glared at the younger accusingly.

“It wasn’t me!”

Cho Sang quietly made her way to the kitchen figuring that staying out of the argument would be best. She found Seo Young already seated at the table happily nibbling on a bowl of cereal.  “Good Morning,” she said as she sat down beside Seo Young and nodded her head towards the direction of the commotion. “Do you know what’s going on about pants?”

Seo Young giggled and shook her head innocently. “Nope, no idea.”

“Hmmm…” She thought for a moment as Seo Young passed her a fresh bowl of cereal. “Oh, thanks.”

 

~Flashback~

The sound of giggles and pitter-pattering back and forth in front of her door caught Seo Young’s attention as she awoke from her slumber. “What the …” She poked her head out of the door just in time to see Chanyeol staring at her with a pair of black jeans in his hand. “What are yo—“

“Nothing!” He hid the pants behind his back and bit his lip nervously as he avoided her gaze.

“Oppa… Those pants look a little too small to be yours…” She leaned over to get another look at the pants but Chanyeol pressed up against the wall trying to hide the evidence. “Fine. I don’t know what you are doing but… Can I help?” She grinned stepping out from the safety over her room into the dimly lit hallway.

Chanyeol’s grin grew twice as wide as he nodded enthusiastically at her offer. “Help me find a place to stash these.”

Seo Young giggled, raising her eyebrow. “Oh, I know just the place.”

~End of Flashback~

 

Seo Young stood up from her seat, hopping to her room without a second thought. “I’m going to get dressed. We’re going to be on ShimShimTaPa today~~!”

“What about your bowl?” Cho Sang asked while looking up from her half eaten bowl of cereal.

“You can take care of it hyungie!” The younger replied already making her way down the hall.

“What? I’m not your maid!” She seethed staring back and forth between the hallway and the empty bowl of cereal. “Wait… Hyungie? Yah! I’m a girl!” She sighed knowing her cries would go unanswered; Seo Young was just too carefree for her own good.

 

Her cereal went uneaten as she stared at the soggy blob that was left in her bowl. The frustration in her head only built as a ‘too happy for her liking’ Suho came walking up to her with a sheet of paper in his hand. “So I was just told who you guys will be on ShimShimTaPa with today… You’ve heard of B.A.P right?”

Seo Young had just returned from her room fully dressed in a turquoise silky blouse and dark blue skinny jeans to match. Her hair was left down to flow past her shoulders and it was obvious she took time to take care of her appearance. I slight pout appeared on her face when she heard who they would be working with. “We’re going to be on the show with B.A.P?” She sighed, immediately turning around and heading back toward her room to get changed into something a bit more comfortable.

 

 “What? Aish….” Cho Sang stared at him like he just cursed at her before leaving the room to go get dressed.

The look of confusion on poor Suho’s face as he watched both girls angrily head for their rooms was quite pitiful to see. “What did I do?” He felt a comforting hand on his shoulder as he turned to see Baekhyun smiling at him.

“Don’t worry hyung I’m sure they just weren’t expecting something like this so soon.”

“M-maybe you’re right.” He smiled feeling a little better about the situation.

 

Cho Sang was debating on what she should wear when she spotted a pair of black skinny jeans on the floor near her bed and tried them on out of curiosity. They fit her perfectly so she decided to find something to match without a second thought.

“Hey Cho S—“ Seo Young entered the bedroom and stopped in her tracks when she saw Cho Sang in the pants. “Hahahaha!!! Chanyeol oppa!” Seo Young laughed continuously as she ran out of the room and pulled Cho Sang with her into the hall looking for Chanyeol.

“Hmmm? What’s going o-…..? Hahahaha!!!” He fell to the floor laughing after realizing what pants Cho Sang was wearing. “T-They wear the same size.” He cried out inbetween fits of laughter.

“What’s all the noise for?” Kris questioned with a curious Kyungsoo trailing behind him after seeing Chanyeol dying of laughter on the floor.

Kyungsoo turned his attention away from the manic boy and looked Cho Sang up and down, pointing at her accusingly. “Hey those are my pants!”

She looked at him with confusion in her eyes. “Oh… These are yours? I just found these lying in my room so I put them on.” Seo Young, with the help of the no longer laughing Chanyeol, explained how the pants got there.

 

A low mumble along the lines of ‘can’t children find better things to do’ escaped Cho Sang as she went back into her bedroom and changed into a simple black and red Dir en Grey shirt with a black tie, black slacks, and a pair of red boots to match.

She walked back into the hall after changing and handed Kyungsoo his pants apologetically. “Here are your pants. Sorry about that.”

He held his pants up against his chest and beamed as if they were the last pair on Earth. “Thank you! Jongin I found them!” He yelled, running off in search of the young member.

Cho Sang, on the other hand, had not forgotten about the cause of all this trouble and turned to face Seo Young and Chanyeol. “Did you two have fun?”

They looked at each other than nodded in unison, giggling once again at their prank.

“That’s good.” She punched the pair in the arm and glared as they rubbed their arms simultaneously; for someone her size, she packed quite a punch. A triumphant smirk appeared on her face as she calmly left the two to wallow in their pain.

“Man, she hits hard… Hyungie is so mean.”

Chanyeol looked beside him and nodded, nibbling on his bottom lip as he tried to soothe his sore arm. “Let’s not get her involved next time.

 

Outside the broadcast building of SSTP

“So we’re broadcasting with BAP?!” Ayame asked Gyeongshik, excited about meeting the power rookies. They were waiting for the remaining two members of their group to arrive and this was the perfect time for SHINee’s manager to catch them up on what was going on.

“Just remember to be yourselves and have fun. We will let you know if something is inappropriate so don’t have too much fun. Remember, you are currently representing not only SM but also America.”

Lily gave an exasperated sigh as she bit her lip to calm her nerves. “Thanks, now I’m much more relaxed… Oh look! I think that’s their van right now!” She pointed to the black Suburban approaching them; two females stepping out as it pulled to a stop.

“HI!!” Seo Young waved at the two girls, dashing over to greet them while Cho Sang took her time in walking over.

Gyeongshik turned to the newly arrived females smiling kindly. “I hope Hyunkyun-ssi explained everything to you along the way.”

“Yes, you don’t have to worry.” Cho Sang was unusually calm in this situation everyone just took it as her usual stoic behavior.

Seo Young looked Lily over and giggled, patting her head. “Oh my gosh you have ears!” She began tugging at the round fuzzy bear ears as Lily giggled giving the younger a once-over herself. Seo Young was now wearing an oversized Black t-shirt with the label ‘BOY’ embedded on the front and blue denim jeans that were accessorized with thin, hollow framed cat ears, and a green B.A.P matoki fan whistle.

You do too.” She tapped the tip of the pointed, framed ears reminding herself that she has a few ‘things’ to order soon. “You have the whistle?! Can I borrow it?” Lily shrugged her shoulder up and down while pathetically looking up at Seo Young.

Haha, all you had to do was ask. You don’t have to act so pitiful.” She took the whistle off from around her neck and handed it to the elder who accepted it eagerly.

The entire time, Ayame and Cho Sang were watching the strange interaction while trying to figure out how such a huge occurred within a few months difference.

Cho Sang slightly raised her voice to get everyone’s attention. “Shouldn’t we prepare something for the broadcast? I mean, we have no variety skills.

Oh… Yeah…” The two youngest ceased their playing and thought of a solution for their lack of variety skills.

Well, they have a new album out right?” Ayame grinned at the other girls as if the answer was obvious. “Why don’t we just do some kind of performance or something?”

Before you get any ideas, I don’t dance.

Oh…” Ayame felt kind of shut down by Cho Sang’s outburst. How did she know her idea so quickly?

Lily piped up with another thought. “Well, we can always sing.

Sing? I guess…” The idea of singing was a bit more comfortable for Cho Sang: everyone sings along to their favorite songs anyway.

That’s a good idea Lily bear! I can help!” Seo Young beamed as she started lining the girls up side by side.

I know right! Wait… Lily bear?” She questioned, just now catching the pet name. She turned to Cho Sang with an eyebrow raised. “Is she always like this?”

“Pretty much…” An exasperated sigh escaped as she crossed her arms. “It’s only been one day and I’ve already learned to accept it.”

“Right. Uh, well first off why don’t we measure everyone’s range? Vocal range was one of the first things I learned so it shouldn’t be too difficult for me to figure out what you guys can handle. Ayame eonni, why don’t you start?

Ayame nodded and started from what she believed to be the deepest she could go up to the highest. Her voice wasn’t bad but she barely had any range to her voice.

Himchannie and Jongup.” Seo Young assigned with a smile.

What?

She continued smiling and held her thumb up. “Just trust me.

So, Cho Sang-ssi why don’t you try?” Lily encouraged, waiting for her to begin.

Cho Sang’s range was a bit broader than Ayame’s with a more stable voice than the latter.

Youngjae.

Lily looked at the maknae, wanting to confront her about her outbursts. “What are you doing?

Everyone’s going to need a part right? Besides, I can easily tell who’s more suited for each members lines si— Let’s just say I know some things.

Well then, why don’t you go next?

No thanks. I’m going to do Zelo and Yongguk’s parts.

Oh? You can rap?

Something like that… So that makes you Daehyunnie!

Lily’s eyes widened as she cleared , shaking her head in disbelief. “You haven’t even heard me sing!

Then I guess we’ll hear you when we get inside.” She winked and left everyone to wonder how any of this happened.

There was no time to argue so they just decided to accept the younger’s opinion. “Fine. So why don’t we work on harm—

“Alright girls, they’re ready for you so just go on inside and we’ll be in the studio behind the glass.” He directed them towards the door that led to their moment of truth.

Hopefully this day would not end as a total failure.

 

 

“A live show more exciting and sweeter than A Midsummer Night’s Dream. Today we have a special group with us: Within six months, they have become the best rookies. They have an amazing absolute charisma and they are the perfect example of fantastic men. They are amazing and very cool: the six warriors, everybody welcome B.A.P!”

“Annyeonghaseyo. We are B.A.P Yes sir!” Everyone clapped and giggled as the girls mimicked B.A.P’s introduction with the group. Each member was asked to introduce themselves before Shindong turned his attention to the girls.

“Ah, yes. Today we also have a few special guests. Along with B.A.P we have the winners of the SM global wave contest.” Shindong stared down at each girl’s profile as they introduced themselves properly.

“Hello, I’m Lily.”

“Hello, I’m Cho Sang.”

“Hello, I’m Ayame.”

“Hello, I’m Seo Young.” The girls introduced themselves a little stiffly, being nervous.

“Seems like they are nervous. Don’t be, we’ll have lots of fun with oppa.” They giggled a little trying to get into their comfort zone. “So B.A.P there was a lot of excitement when you were last here. Three months ago was it? Many people were excited posting things like ‘B.A.P has finally opened their mouths’. Have you guys watched the broadcast?”

“Yes, we saw a few clips online,” replied Himchan as the other members giggled at the recollection.

“That’s right. You’re videos have been getting very popular lately. Even now when you search ShimShimTaPa mostly B.A.P videos will pop up. Is there anyone who has gained more confidence in variety shows since last time? Gained any new variety skills?”

This time Yongguk stepped in. “Well we were all shy last time so I think everyone has gotten better.”

“With the soul of the legend broadcast and a happy heart in mind, let’s start!”

Cheers roared throughout the station, everyone ready to officially begin the program. “B.A.P’s first mini album has been released! Can you please introduce it to us?” Youngjae raised his hand but was rejected by Shindong who claimed that Youngjae seemed to be in charge of album introductions so someone else should have a try. “The new king of rap!” Daehyun’s head already sunk at the introduction, the impeding sense of dread already taking over. “Oh, he’s shaking! Everyone, let’s hear Daehyun’s rap introducing the album!”

Although he was embarrassed, he went through with it confidently. The support everyone in the room gave left a bright and open atmosphere for the rest of the broadcast.

“To start things off, B.A.P will be performing their new song No Mercy!”

The group had a mini fangirl moment when the males walked up to the mics. They lip synced to the lyrics and once the dance break occurred, they gladly followed up with the fan chant causing the members to grin: especially with Lily’s ‘expert’ whistling. She couldn’t help but giggle at Jongup’s awkward dancing on the side while the other members sang their lines.

“Wow! We just heard B.A.P’s No Mercy. Fans are already writing in about the amazing performance. You guys should did very well.”

“Daehyun-ssi’s live voice is really amazing.” Cho Sang unknowingly stared at said male in a complete daze.

“Ah, thank you.” He answered in English causing the girls to squeal quietly.

 

“So “Now that we have heard from B.A.P shall we hear a bit from our other guests? As you can see the contest winners here with us today are very beautiful.” Murmured thanks resounded from the girls as he continued. “We heard you have a special performance for us today?”

The girls looked around anxiously from one to the other before Cho Sang cleared and took charge. “Yes, we have prepared something in support of B.A.P’s new album release.”

“Oh, sounds exciting! We will definitely look forward to it. Everyone please give your support.”

B.A.P cheered and rooted for the girls as they took their place at the mic stands: Lily and Cho Sang standing side by side while Seo Young and Ayame did the same on the opposing side of the room. As soon as the melody of B.A.P’s ‘All Lies’ began to play, Lily started off with Daehyun’s part causing the girls to stare at her. They definitely were not expecting such a large voice to come out of that tiny body. Once they got over the initial shock, everyone got into the mood and sang their heart out. The girls harmonized surprisingly well even without the proper training which they were quite proud of. They took it as a sign towards the growth of their future friendship.

The girls were greeted with applause from the studio once the song concluded. “That was wonderful! You all did really well. Oh it seems we have a message coming in from our very own Key-ssi: ‘You girls are doing so well. Don’t give up and do  your best. Fighting! From SHINee’s Almighty Key’. Yes you all are doing very well.”

 

After returning to their seats, Shindong wasted no time in better introducing everyone. “So Cho Sang-ssi born in 91…” Papers fluctuated back and forth within his hand until he landed on the paper he was looking for. “Ah, you are the oldest of the four?”

“Yes I’m the oldest.”

“It says here that your family is from Busan? Can you speak satoori?”

“Of course I can.”  Came a sudden burst of the familiar dialect.

“Daehyun-ssi is also from Busan right?” The mentioned male nodded his head. “Why don’t you two have a conversation in satoori?”

Daehyun sat up closer to the mic in front of him. “The dialect has a kind of hard nuance so it can sometimes come off as inappropriate.”

“Then you can just have a small conversation. Pretend you are confessing to Cho Sang-ssi and Cho Sang-ssi reject him..”

There was an awkward silence between the two until Daehyun broke it. “Noona, don’t you know I love you? You’re mine.”

A small hint of a blush appeared on her cheek as the others cooed at the mock confession. “Sorry but there is someone else I like.”

“Ah, such a cold rejection. Good job guys. Lily-ssi, it seems likes everyone was very surprised to hear you sing today. I see you went to Julliard as a performing arts major? I hear that is a very hard school to get into in America.”

“Yes Julliard is known for its music, dance, and drama programs.” She nodded, already missing her old school. “Because there are so many things I want to try, I decided to pick a more general major that would allow me to be a part of it all. Honestly, there are so many amazing singers that I would not consider mine to be very special.

“You should be very proud of your talent. Why don’t we have a high note competition? You know the song ‘Good Day’ by IU was very popular for her amazing three octave note.  Lily, you can start.” The competition quickly passed from member to member until only Lily and Daehyun were left. Daehyun tried his best to match pitch but in the end, Lily won. “That was an intense competition but our Lily-ssi did very well.”

She bowed politely from her seat and apologized to Daehyun, feeling slightly guilty.

“Your eyes are an interesting color. Are you wearing contacts?”

“N-no…” She was surprised no one had asked about it earlier. She had begun to grow sour about the topic after being asked that same question most of her life. “My father is French so I got my eye color from him.”

“Oh, it’s very nice. Ayame-ssi?”

“Yes?”

“It says here that you are the only one not of Korean descent?”

“Yeah I’m Japanese and Native American,” she answered having expected this question. She was happy to have gotten the pronunciation correct.

“How did you learn Korean?”

“I studied on my own for a few years but it is not the same when you can’t use it often,” She pouted feeling disappointed that she was the only one who had to learn Korean on her own. “So it is kind of hard to adapt to the fast pace of actually being in Korea.”

“Don’t worry eonni, you will pick it up soon and we’ll help.” Lily gave her an encouraging thumbs up and smiled.

“Thank you. And oh,” Ayame smirked, looking down at her nails. “My eyes are also my natural color.”  “I remember Heechul hyung once wearing a pair of contacts with that same color. It really suits you. Now let’s see here, Seo Young-ssi?”

“Yes!” Seo Young bounced up in her seat ready for any questions he might have.

“Haha someone is excited.”

“She’s always like that,” mumbled Cho Sang.

“Seo Young-ssi, you are the maknae of the group correct?”

“Uh-huh.”

“And you’re also the tallest. Much like our Zelo-yah.”

“Me and JunJ—“ Yongguk tapped her foot under the table and sent her a knowing look. “Umm, yeah it seems like me and Zelo have a lot in common.” She looked away from the elder’s eyes, not forgetting to stick her tongue out in the process when she thought no one was looking.

“It seems we have another message coming in from EXO’s D.O-ssi: ‘We are all listening so do your best. We are one!’. Ah yes, Ayame and Lily are living with SHINee and Seo Young and Cho Sang are living with EXO right?”

“Yes but we have our own rooms within the dorms.” Cho Sang answered to prevent any confusion from taking place.

“You are going to be filming for you show soon right? Please say something to promote it.”

Ayame didn’t hide her shock at hearing those words. “We are?” No one had any idea this was happening so suddenly but they saw the manager signal for them to go along. “Ah, yes. Our show will be starting soon.”

“Cho Sang has been speaking for you all most of the show so why don’t we have someone else speak. Seo You—“ He stopped himself when he saw the overzealous girl already preparing her ‘propositon’. “Lily-ssi why don’t you try.”

She tried to recall as much as she could from the contest guidelines and the specifications she had received in the acceptance letter. “We will be filming showing how we are adjusting to Korea and living with the idols who are hosting us. We’ll try to show you all something fun and exciting while also having an interactive approach for international fans. Please tune into our show.”

“The first show will be a live broadcast on August 10th. You will be able to tune in and watch online from the link we have provided on our site. Since this program is also being sponsored by SM please give support to our dongsaengs. And don’t forget, B.A.P’s first mini album is available in stores now! Thank you for tuning in to Shindongie’s ShimShimTaPa.”

 

Once the ‘On Air’ light went off, everyone politely bowed and made their way out of the studio.

“Zelo-yah!” Seo Young pounced on his back as he stumbled forward, compensating to carry the surprise weight.

“Oh my gosh, Seo Young, what are you doing?!” Ayame ran up to the pair trying to pry her off his back.

“Oh, it’s ok. I’m used t— I mean. I-it’s alright.” He stumbled over his words as he placed the girl onto the ground and stood beside the rest of the group. “It was nice to meet you.” He bowed and left the building as everyone went their separate ways.

 

You’ve been acting pretty bold today." Ayame looked over Seo Young, her brows knitting together. “Did you know you have on that shirt.” She pointed to Seo Young’s simple ‘BOY’ shirt. “And Yongguk had on a hat with that same logo.

Wow, what a coincidence.” Seo Young nonchalantly replied while rocking back and forth on her heels.

 

Lily walked up to Seo Young as they waited outside for their host managers to bring the vans. “Thanks for letting me borrow the whistle. By the way, what was up with the sudden information about the show? I mean, I know we are supposed to do one but I didn’t think it was going to come up so soon.”

“SM wastes no time.” Cho Sang was expecting the process to be rushed but for everything to be taking place so soon: the girls better be ready.