Episode 1 - A Whole New World

Americans and the K-Wave

In SM main office

“Mr. Lee, here are the profiles of the girls you requested,” the timid assistant muttered as he handed Lee Soo Man a small stack of papers:

 

 

Shin Cho Sang

Date of Birth - July 18, 1991 (21)

Ethnicity - Korean

Height -165 cm

Eye Color - Black

Blood Type - O

School - Washington State University 4.0 GPA a foreign language major

Hobbies - reading, tutoring, and playing drums

Languages - English, Chinese, and Korean

Favors - EXO


 

Sato, Ayame "Singing Moon"

Date of Birth - October 10, 1992 (20)

Ethnicity - Native American/Japanese

Height - 171 cm

Eye Color - Hazel

Blood Type - AB

School - Oral Roberts University 3.5 GPA a communication major

Hobbies - singing, dancing, writing, and reading

Languages - English, Japanese, and Korean

Favors- SHINee

 

 

Bradford, Lily

Date of Birth - November 27, 1992 (20)

Ethnicity - French/Korean

Height - 169 cm

Eye Color - Blue-Grey

Blood Type - A

School - Julliard 4.0 GPA a performing art major

Hobbies - singing, dancing, acting, and playing drums

Languages - English, French, and Korean

Favors - SHINee

 

Bang Seo Young

Date of Birth - September 12, 1993 (19)

Ethnicity - Korean

Height - 174 cm

Eye Color - Dark Brown

Blood Type - O

School - Keiser University 4.0 GPA a Nutrition major

Hobbies - reading and cooking

Languages - English and Korean

Favors - EXO

 

 

"Are these the best candidates you could find?" The renowned founder of SM glanced up at from the papers with a raised eyebrow as he questioned his assistant. The respective girls were not exactly his ideal choices: This "Shin Cho Sang" had strangely dyed hair and gave an aura of overall disinterest. The Japanese one was much darker in complexion than he had expected but he supposed he had seen worse. What was the youngest's name again? Bang Seo Young? He flipped back to her profile and checked, after once again seeing the overbearing quirky smile she had on her face. He shook his head being instantly reminded of Chanyeol's "brightness". "This could be a problem..." he mumbled under his breath before turning back once again to the candidate who had initially caught his attention. In his mind, Lily was the only "normal" one within the group and he found himself already growing bizarrely attached to the young girl. As far as he could tell, she had the looks of your typical Korean beauty, aside from her unusual eye color, although she was mixed. Not to say that the other girls weren't all gorgeous, because he himself had to admit that they all had an indescribable lure about them, but he just couldn't quite place his finger on what he was seeing.

"Yes sir. They all fit the qualifications and I am sure the ratings for the program will do well."

He nodded his head, returning the profiles to his secretary. "Very well then. Take care of the arrangements Mr. Kim."

"Yes sir." He bowed ninety degrees before quietly exiting the office to inform the girls of their prize.

 

 

 

Somewhere in Oklahoma

"Okaa-san! I'm going to Korea!" The excited girl shouted, running towards her mother with a letter in her hand.

"What are you talking about darlin'?" Her mother placed the dish she was washing back within the confines of the water as she turned to see what all the fuss was about.

Ayame rolled her eyes, ing the paper in her mother's face. "Remember the contest I was talking about? To live in Korea with an idol group?"

Her mother nearly choked on her own saliva at her daughter's words. "Do you really think you're going to Korea? And how long is this supposed to be for?"

Ayame's smile instantly fell as she heard her mother's reply. "It's for two years..." She mumbled under her breath. "But you know how much I've been wanting to go there. Please mom?"

"What about school?" She folded her arms across her chest. "And you don't have any family in Korea."

"I won't be the only one there... And it says they will supply us with all the necessities we need as well as schooling. Please let me go."

"Just... Let me think about it." Her mother released her held breath, taking the letter from her daughter's hand.

"You're the best mom!" She hugged her tightly running up to her room to pack.

"I didn't say yes!"

 

A quiet home in Washington

A young woman with dark black hair lined with streaks of red sat upon her bed staring at the letter she had received early that morning. She contemplated how she would tell her parents of her trip as she began packing.

The swish of a hanbok could be heard as her mother walked past the open door; turning back to see her daughter with a suitcase on her bed.

"What are you doing?" she asked, checking over the materials diligently. "Your father would be unhappy if you leave without his consent."

"Um, well I won this contest to go to Korea for two years an--"

"Oh!" She slightly brightened up, cutting the girl off before she could completely finish her statement. "At least you're doing something productive with your time. Have fun. Wait until I tell your father. He'll be ecstatic. Don't forget to say goodbye to Woo Sang." She continued her journey away from the door as Cho Sang stared in shock at her retreating figure.

"I guess that works too... Thanks a lot." she grumbled as she continued packing.

 

Returning from a busy New York street

"Hmm? What's this?" The girl with chestnut brown hair opened up her mailbox, pulling out a white envelope. "SM Entertainment?" She opened it, slowly reading over the contents as her face glowed with excitement.

"Papa!" She ran into the house calling out for her dad. "Papa, come here!"

"What's wrong Lily?!" He rushed into the room in a frantic state, thinking something was wrong with his only daughter.

"I won a trip to Korea!"

"You what?" He stood looking at her in disappointment. "When did this happen?"

"I... I thought you would be happy? I've always wanted to go and you know mom would want me to." She kicked the ground, slightly pouting. "Please daddy?" She gave her best puppy eyed pout as she looked up at him.

He sighed knowing he couldn't resist his daughter's cuteness. "Is this really what you want to do Suzanne?"

She knew her dad was serious when he spoke out her real name. "I really want to..."

"Alright then." A grimace appeared on his face but he nodded in acceptance. "Make sure you visit your mom before you leave."

"Thank you daddy!" She hugged him tightly, excited for her trip.

"Now, tell me all about this 'trip to Korea'."

 

Amongst a mild Colorado blizzard

"Mom, mom!" A bouncing ball of energy zoomed around the house searching for her parents: Unfortunately, she found her brother first.

"What's this?" He quickly yanked the paper from her hand, looking over the contents. "Korea?"

"Yah! Give it back!"

"Haha. Little Seo Young getting mad?" He held the paper above her head.

"I hate little brothers!" She jumped up trying to reach it as he stuck his tongue out, raising the paper even higher. She lost her patience, punching him in the stomach as he doubled over in pain. She tackled him onto the floor chuckling at him. "So who's the little one?"

 

"What are you guys doing?" Her mom entered the room, watching the struggle of her son as her daughter sat on his chest holding him down.

Her husband followed behind, wrapping his arm around her waist. "Kids being kids."

"Mom, look!" Seo Young reached up trying to hand her mom the letter, her brother Seo Jin biting her arm.

"What's this?" Her mother looked from the paper to her daughter in confusion.

"I won a trip to Korea!!"

"What?!"

"And I get to live with my favorite idol group for two years!" She smiled up at her mom waiting for her reaction.

They both squealed in unison; her mother hopping up and down in excitement. "When are you leaving?"

"I think in a week? Who cares! I'm going to Korea!" They squealed again, ignoring the pained whines coming from the two males surrounding them.

 

 

August 7, 2012 at a New York airline

-Ayame's POV-

Damnit, where am I…” I looked around the terminal after exiting the gate holding my bag close to my chest as I searched for the gate to my next flight. My stomach growled softly as I caught the scent of various foods in the air. 

"Shhh mommy will feed you now. Stupid plane food." I walked around searching for a vending machine to soothe my aching stomach. With nothing in sight I headed towards the departure lounge next, finding exactly what I was looking for. "Hmmm... Oh, these look good." I spoke to no one in particular inserting what little change I had on me into the machine. As my selection was making its way down the spiral holding it hostage, it got caught on the edge of the rack. Of course. “Seriously?! Ugh!” Kicking the machine in annoyance I stormed off looking around for someone to help me. What I found was a young girl dozing peacefully at the terminal dawning an unneccessarily sparkly Eunhyuk shirt.

"Hello?" I stared at the sleeping figure waiting for a reply but getting nothing in return. "Umm, annyeong?" I tried a little louder. Still silence. "Hola? Nihao? Bonjour? Can you not ing hear me?! Yah!!!" I made my way towards the girl ready to give her a piece of my mind. How dare she just ignore me? Taking a few steps closer to the girl practically fuming at her insolence, I noticed the headphones. "Oh..." Realization dawned on me as I shook the girl awake.

 

-Lily's POV-

I awoke to a strange girl hovering over me practically startling me out of my slumber with a rough shake. Her plain white 'I Love K-Pop' shirt and cowboy hat only further spurned my confusion. I had to be dreaming. “What?” I asked groaning at the strained sound of my voice, still waking from my slumber as I removed my ear buds.

Would you mind helping me? I can't get my chips out of the stupid vending machine. I'm dying here.” She rubbed her growling stomach to emphasize her problem. Even if I was sympathetic to her plight, I didn't even know this girl and she was already rubbing me in all the wrong ways.

"You woke me up.... for some chips?" I looked her over again in disbelief. "My flight doesn't leave for--" I pulled my cell phone out of my pocket to check the time. "Two hours?! Ugh I was trying to sleep for a reason."

She stared at me; no, more like glared, as she heard what I said. "Excuse me?!"

I gave myself a minute to cool down before looking at her apologetically. "Sorry... I get kind of grouchy when people wake me up."

"I can see that." She scoffed crossing her arms over her chest. "I can just get someone else to help me."

Before she could venture off again, I stood up feeling the guilt creep its way down into my chest. "No it's ok! I'll help." I walked back over to the machine she'd mentioned then froze, looking back at her. "What did you need help with exactly?"

"Seriously?" She stomped over next to me, face redder than a toddler throwing a tantrum. "Don't you see the bag hangin-- Where the are my chips?!"

"Looks like someone else got to them first. Welcome to New York." I pulled out a bag of chips from my backpack and tossed them at her. "You can have these. I'm not hungry anyway."

"Ewww I hate this flavor." She frowned staring at the bag. For someone who claimed to be starving she sure was picky. But I didn't exactly want her to eat something she didn't like after the struggle she'd just gone through.

"W-what? Really?" I started digging through my bag searching for any other snacks I might have as I heard her chuckle. "What's so funny?"

"I'm just messing with you. Thanks for the chips."

I bit my lip, holding back a sniffle as I zipped up my bag. "You didn't have to be so mean about it..."

"Awww, you're so cute. How old are you?" She asked, my hair like a kitten.

A soft blush rose upon my cheeks not expecting the sudden praise but even more so, secretly enjoying the gentle head pats. "I'm twenty." I quietly replied.

Her hand quickly retreated as she stared at me with wide eyes. "What?! There's no way. I'm twenty too!"

"You're twenty?" I choked looking away. "Pfff more like twenty five."

"Yah!"

I smiled at her innocently, walking back over to my seat as she trailed behind me. "So, are you headed to Korea too?"

"It looks that way." she stated, taking the seat next to mine. "My name is Ayame by the way. Nice to meet you." She tipped her hat before holding out her hand towards me.

"Lily." I replied, shaking her hand before reaching to turn off my mp3 player. "Nice to meet you too."

 

-Seo Young's POV-

"I like ice cream. I like ice cream. I like ice cream. I like ice cream." I paused in my skipping and thought out loud. "I don't know how to say it in any other languages so... I like ice cream." I sang happily, continuing my skip while my strawberry ice cream cone as I headed towards the departure terminal. "Do you want some ice cream Zelo?" I asked looking down at the boy on my shirt, pretending to give him a taste. "No, you can't have any. You'll get all sticky." I giggled at my own stupidity. What else was I going to do for entertainment? I noticed a girl across the room wearing a sparkly Super Junior shirt that instantly caught my attention. "Eunhyukkie!" I dashed over not paying any mind to what was in front of me when I crashed into what felt like a brick wall. "Owie..." I rubbed my as I stood up, noticing my ice cream on a shiny black surface. "No! My ice cream."

A very large, irritated man in a suit turned around to face me. He looked kind of mad but I’m not sure why. "Is this yours?"

"Nope." I shook my head fervently looking from the ice cream back up to his face.

"Didn't you say 'no my ice cream' not two seconds ago?" His anger could be heard in his voice but I quickly denied the action.

"I don't recall ever saying something like that. Nope, wasn't me."

"Do you know how much this suit costs?!" He started yelling at me angrily.

"Do you know how much that ice cream costs? It was like six dollars!"

He growled inching closer to me. "I thought it wasn't yours?"

"Damnit... It's not mine! It's yours! Don't you like strawberry?" I don't think he liked my joking very much because his face began to turn a deep shade of red. He suddenly grabbed my arm and started yelling at me more. I tried to back away but his grip only grew tighter. Well this certainly wasn't good.

 

"What's going on here?" Two girls came up to inspect the situation: one of them being the girl with the Eunhyukkie shirt.

"It's all your fault!" I pointed with my free hand. Stupid Eunhyukkie.

"What?" The girl looked confused as the one with the cowgirl hat tried to talk to the businessman holding me down.

"I-is there a... ummm... how do you say it... ummm... apple in your shoe?"

"What?" I stopped to look at her; the man holding me also turning in confusion.

"W-what? Wait... What?!" The Eunhyukkie girl mumbled to herself.

"No?" She looked around for help. "No? Then uh... Can you please get your hand out of my shirt?"

"What?" The man dropped my arm and walked towards the stumped cowgirl. "Is this a joke to you? Does my hand look like it's in your shirt?!"

At this point a short red-haired girl stomped her way over towards us.

 

-Cho Sang’s POV-

I watched a group of people making a scene in the middle of the departure terminal. I couldn't hear everything but I did catch something about apples in shoes. What the was going on? The situation started to get out of hand as the girl in the cowgirl hat continued her attempts to speak to him in Korean.

"Oh god this doesn't look good..." I decided I should step in before the situation escalated any further and walked over to the obnoxious group. "Excuse me, is there a problem sir?"

"This little girl ruined my suit and my shoes. I have an important meeting today and I can't go looking like this."

"You ruined my ice cream." The taller of the bunch retorted sourly.

"Just shut up!" I yelled at her, turning back to the man. "I'm sorry. Is there any way we can accommodate you?"

He took off his jacket, tossing it to the ground in anger. "Do you know how much it will cost to get this suit dry cleaned?"

"Ummm... cost? If he wants money, I'll gladly pay to have his suit cleaned." The cowgirl stated as she picked the jacket off of the floor. She dug through her wallet, handing the man a wad of cash along with his jacket. "Will this be enough?" She looked to us for assurance.

"Stupid Americans." He snatched the items out of her hand and left in a huff.

"The nerve of some people. Who does that think he is?" I ran my fingers through my hair annoyed as I turned to face the remaining group.

"Satoori? Are you from Busan?" The tall one asked, picking up her discarded ice cream cone. She stared at the cone for a long moment as her lip began to tremble. "Ice cream..."

"I'll get you more ice cream." The other girl said in comfort.

"Really?!" The tall one perked up, bouncing over to the other girl. "I like you."

"Wait, you guys know Korean?" I asked confused.

The cowgirl looked as equally confused at the situation. "Lily, you know Korean?"

"Huh? Of course. Why wouldn't I?" The girl named Lily retorted, turning back to the tall girl beside her who was dragging her away.

"Ice cream!" The tall girl screeched out as she skipped away with Lily trying to keep up.

 

-No one's POV-

"God, I hope she knows English." Ayame thought to herself as she bowed politely to the girl in front of her. "Sorry about getting you involved in all of this."

"It's no problem" Cho Sang answered back in perfect English. "But I really think you need to work on your Korean. Do you realize what you said to that guy?"

"I was trying to ask him what his problem was but he just got angrier." Ayame shrugged indifferently.

"Well first off, you asked him if there was an apology in his shoe. Mind you, apple and apology are the same word but I don't know how I would feel about either of those things being in my shoe." The look on Ayame's face showed that she couldn't believe those words had come out of . "Then you asked if he could please get his hand out of your shirt."

"What?!" She screeched. "I-I was nervous so I couldn't think straight. No wonder he was so pissed off." She sighed in defeat, knowing she had to practice harder on her Korean in the future.

"Ice cream. Ice cream. I like ice cream." A very chipper looking Seo Young came skipping back towards the two.

"What did we miss?" Lily asked, once again having to catch up to the taller girl. "By the way this is Seo Young." She pointed to the girl who was too busy eating her ice cream to partake in the conversation. Seo Young nodded in acknowledgement as she continued singing her love for ice cream in Korean. "And I'm Lily."

"I'm Cho Sang. And who are you?"

Ayame bravely spoke in Korean. "I'm Ayame. Nice to meet you."

Everyone greeted each other before Lily turned to face the girl who was still blissfully enjoying her ice cream.

"So yeah uh, earlier you said something about everything being my fault. What were you talking about?"

"I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about Eunhyukkie." She pointed to the shirt again as if the answer should have been clear from the beginning.

"Eunhyukkie?" Lily looked down at her shirt before looking back up at the girl in front of her. "What did Eunhyuk do?"

"He distracted me with his myeol chi ways. Stupid Eunhyuk."

Lily giggled looking down at her shirt again. "Bad Eunhyukkie." She slapped the male on the cover to reprimand him for his unintentional actions.

"You guys are talking about Super Junior right?" Ayame chimed in, completely lost at the conversation seeing as how the girls decided to speak to each other only in Korean slang.

Cho Sang sighed, her tolerance for the bunch finally dwindled down. "Are you guys idiots?"

"Yes." Seo Young instantly replied as the two other girls laughed.

 

"Good afternoon passengers. This is the pre-boarding announcement for flight 330 to Seoul. We are now inviting those passengers riding in first class to begin boarding at this time. Please have your boarding pass and identification ready. Regular boarding will begin in approximately ten minutes time. Thank you." They heard the announcement go off in 8 different languages as they checked their ticket.

"Well it looks like it's time for boarding." Cho Sang declared.

Ayame laughed, tossing her bag over her shoulder. "Well obviously. They just said it in like seven languages."

"Eight actually. Are you all on first class too?" Lily asked as she noticed everyone preparing to enter the gate.

Seo Young answered after having finally finished her ice cream. "It looks that way."

They all headed towards the attendant as the business man watched them walk by in disbelief.

 

 

As the girls searched for their seats, they quickly realized that they had been placed beside each other. “Haha! Looks like we’ll be here for a while. We should all get better acquainted,” suggested Ayame, seated beside Lily who was busier looking out the window rather than paying attention. “So, where are you guys from? I’m from Oklahoma.

New York.” Lily mumbled.

Cho Sang was fumbling with her carry-on luggage when she answered, "Washington."

Seo Young just stared at Ayame looking confused. Lily leaned over to find Seo Young and giggled leaning back in her seat. "I'm guessing she's from Korea."

"Then where's the fourth girl? Didn't the letter say there would be four of us?" Ayame crossed her arms over her chest trying to figure out the situation. 

"Maybe she left on an earlier flight? Who knows? We'll find out when we get there," added on Cho Sang. A quiet snicker was heard to her right as Seo Young stifled a laugh.

There was a moment of silence between the girls, as there was still some level of awkwardness surrounding them.

Ayame, being the talkative girl that she was, decided to break the silence. "So, what should we talk about to kill time?"

"I suggest sleeping. Sleep sounds nice right now." Lily positioned herself, getting comfortable in her seat.

"No! You can't sleep yet. This is the perfect time to get to know each other better."

Cho Sang looked at Ayame in disbelief. "We're all going to be living here for two years right? I think we have plenty of time to 'get to know each other'."

"I don't like sitting here. Why can't I sit next to Lily?" Seo Young complained, leaving Ayame completely stumped as she continued speaking only in Korean. "I want a pillow," she whined as the flight attendant walked by, handing each girl their own pillow.

A scoff came from beside her as Cho Sang smacked her in the back of the head. "Just go to sleep."

"Yes ma'am." She turned over in her seat pretending to sleep so she wouldn't be hit again.

 

"Why do you have on an Eunhyuk shirt?" Ayame stared at the man on her neighbor's clothing.

"What?" Lily looked down at her shirt confused. "Oh! This? Hyu--" She quickly stopped herself as Ayame watched, waiting for her to continue her statement. "A friend of mine gave it to me."

"Is he your bias?"

Lily coughed, choking on her saliva as her eyes shot open. "My what?!"

Ayame pressed on, not sure why the girl was suddenly acting strange. "He's not?"

"Umm... Not exactly... I mean, I guess. Uh, sure. Anyway, Seo Young has on a Zelo shirt. Is he your bias in B.A.P?" Lily asked while looking at the aforementioned girl.

"Mmhmm!" Seo Young's head nodded rapidly in response to Lily's question. "My cousin gave me this shirt." She grinned blissfully as she pet the image of Zelo on her chest.

"What did she say?" A whisper came from the left as Ayame leaned near Lily's ear 'discreetly'.

"She said her cousin gave her that shirt."

"Oh, ok."

 

Another round of awkward silence ensued as the girls delved into their own worlds: Cho Sang and Lily both listening to music through their head sets; Lily dozing off as she hummed along. Seo Young had taken to entertaining herself with odd banter; playing with her hands while giggling at herself. Once again, Ayame was the first to break the silence. "I wonder what groups we'll be staying with while we're there?"

"Well, it is SM. We'll most likely be with a girl group." Cho Sang continued scrolling through her songs nonchalantly.

"What if we get put in one of the boy groups?" Seo Young squealed, practically bouncing in her seat as her arms flailed around her. "We could be grouped with Super Junior. There's gonna be a Heechul and a Hangeng and a Shisus." She giggled at the thought. Then a loud gasp ripped through the plane. "Oh my gosh, what if it's EXO? TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" She swung from side to side, her shriek getting louder as she grabbed onto Cho Sang like she was the only thing keeping her from falling over the edge.

"Ow!" Cho Sang rubbed her ear in pain from the shrew wail and tried to free herself from Seo Young's grasp.

The girl held on tighter, pressing the arm firmly against her chest. "No! My arm."

"There's a chance we'll be put with a guy group?!" Lily shriveled back into her seat at the idea. "T-They wouldn't do that right? No way... They wouldn't... Oh god I hope we don't get paired with SHINee."

Ayame glared at the girl beside her as if she had committed the world's greatest sin. "What's wrong with SHINee?! Wait..." She didn't notice Lily's soft spoken replies of 'Taemin' as she concentrated all her attention on her current thought. She gasped, pointing accusingly at Seo Young. "You can speak English?! And what do you mean we could be grouped with Super Junior?"

"What?" Seo Young's eyes widened as she tried to act innocent.

"Are you really just now figuring it out?" Cho Sang raised her eyebrow. "Seriously... She was waiting at the New York airline for a plane going to Korea, she's wearing a B.A.P shirt, and she's sitting right next to us." She emphasized the last few words to prove how utterly stupid the situation was.

"Haha, I thought you would have figured it out by now. And I was having fun too. Oops," she chuckled like it was no big deal, fluffing up her pillow as she slightly turned to her side.

"Ya! Don't pretend like you're going to sleep now!"

"Goodnight!" She snuggled her pillow and closed her eyes with no regrets.

"I-I'm tired too." Lily buried her face in the pillow beside her, trying desperately to hide her flushed cheeks.

Ayame noticed all too well the unusual color in contrast to the simple white pillow. "Why is your face red?"

"Meep!" Lily turned her head more, ignoring Ayame's nudges to her shoulder.

"We should all get some sleep." Cho Sang yawned, turned off her iPod and making herself comfortable once again, slightly leaning her seat back.

Ayame pouted, watching the girls drift off into wonderland one by one. "Awww... You too? Fine." She reluctantly turned in her seat, looking out the window until all she could see were the piles of gorgeous Korean men dancing around in her head.

 

 

 

In Korea

After finally arriving at their destination, the girls made their way to baggage claim. “Do any of you know where we’re supposed to be going?

"No idea." Cho Sang stated flatly after easily finding her suitcase. "But standing around here won't really do us any good. I'm sure there will be people waiting for us." She turned around to see a pair of males holding up signs with their names written on them in English. "Speak of the devil." She started walking towards the guys just in time for Seo Young to see her walking away.

"Hey! Wait for us!" She grabbed her suitcase and chased after the elder girl.

"Looks like wherever we're going, we're going together," said Lily as she saw that the man holding up her name also had Ayame's beneath it. She calmly slung her backpack over her shoulder while holding onto her suitcase.

Ayame pulled her bag off of the conveyor belt as well before nodding at Lily. "Looks that way."

They both smiled at each other as they walked toward the man to see a more-than-average bouncy Seo Young. "We're assigned to EXO!" She squealed out, grabbing Cho Sang's arm while ignoring her complaints. "We'll see you guys later!" They followed the other man outside as Lily and Ayame stood in front of the tall man who introduced himself as 'Gyeongshik-ssi'.

"Please take care of us Gyeongshik-ssi." Lily bowed politely; Ayame noticing and following suit. "Ah, actually... That name sounds familiar." Lily placed her index finger to her bottom lip in thought.

He bowed back and gestured toward the exit of the building. "We should be leaving now. The boys are waiting for you."

"Boys?" Ayame smirked, becoming excited from the thought. "Who are they?"

"You will see when we arrive." He smiled and turned, walking towards the exit. Ayame grabbed the nervous Lily and dragged her towards the van the man had signaled for them to enter.

 

 

In SHINee's dorm

“Yah, Froggy!” shouted Key as he ran all over the dorm, moving spare towels to the extra bathroom and making preparations for the girls' arrival. They had been alerted a week ago that they would be one of the hosting groups for SM's newest project but of course he was the only one getting the dorm organized.

“What!” Minho yelled back, aggravated at the name Froggy.

“Move your smelly shoes away from the door.”

Minho shot up from his comfortable seat on the couch to glare at the motherly figure. “Yah! My shoes aren't smelly.”

Onew, who was half awake, walked out from his bedroom and kissed Key forcing him to be quiet. ”Yeobo, stop fussing. They will be here in a few minutes. You groaning won't make a good first impression now, would it?”

Jonghyun entered the living room, ignoring the commotion in front of him. “Eww, I would say take it into your room but there's no time for that. I just got a message saying that the girls are downstairs.”

Taemin rushed down the stairs, eager for the arrival of the guests. “I hope they are pretty noonas.”

 

They all looked as they heard a knock on the door. Onew answered it to see two girls and their manager standing in front of him. “Ah! Come in!” he gestured kindly for them to enter as they crept into the dorm, stopping inside to the living room. Key and the others were waiting for them, prepared to greet the girls.

“Omo!” The girls instantly bowed and began to introduce themselves to the members.

Ayame was the first to introduce herself. She had been practicing ever since she found out she would be coming to Korea and she knew this was the one thing she wouldn't mess up. "Hello. My name is Ayame. I'm twenty years old and my major is communications." Her confidence instantly blossomed when she had SHINee's approval of her introduction; though she did pick up what sounded like 'There's no way she's twenty' from the catty male staring at her.

"H-hello." Lily shyly bowed, trying to get her words out. She wasn't expecting there to be a chance that they would be living with male idols when there were groups like SNSD and f(x) under SM as well. She tried to calm herself but she continued stumbling over her words. "I'm Lily. Umm, I'm twenty years old as well and my major is performing arts." Her cheeks started to heat up as she retracted from the group slightly; looking down as she shyly inched closer to Ayame. Being this close to one of her favorite groups was shocking to say the least but she didn't know how well she would hold up being this close to him.

 

"Hello! We are shining SHINee!" They cried out in unison, bowing to the girls in front of them.

Onew smiled brightly, bowing as he introduced himself. "I'm 'Dubu Leader' Onew."

"I'm Bling Bling Jonghyun." A smirk played across his lips as he stared at Ayame.

"I'm the Almighty Key," he stated bluntly, looking back and forth between the two girls.

Minho introduced himself seeming slightly uninterested with the situation. "I'm Minho." Key glared at Minho suggestively, raising his eyebrow as he refused to break eye contact with the younger. "What?"

"Full title."

Minho sighed, not wanting to further anger the older male. "I'm Flaming Charisma Minho."

Key smiled in response to the title. "Better."

"I'm Makdoongie Taemin." The youngest made his introduction, seeming slightly flustered as he covered his face in embarrassment.

"It's nice to meet you." The girls beamed at the idols they never thought they would meet.

Gyeongshik-ssi nodded in approval at the group's friendly interaction. "Well then, I'll be leaving soon. Oh! You girls will be needing this." He reached into a bag neither girl knew he was carrying and gave them each a sheet of paper with instructions and a schedule. "The four of you will be appearing on a few shows this week as well as a few events with the company. You will also be attending school while you are here to not hinder your studies. We'll go over the details in the morning but for now, take some time to rest up. Have a good night." He politely bowed as he left the group to communicate amongst themselves.

 

 

“So... What do you two know about us?” asked Taemin, trying to fill the silence.

“Honestly, not that much. I'm kind of new to K-pop. I just started listening to it nine months ago. You were the first group I listened to though. I heard about you from two girls I met in the anime club at my school. We were watching a mash up video of your song 'Lucifer' and Super Junior's 'Bonamana',” said Ayame.

"Oh, really?" Key grinned, showing an obvious disinterest in the girl.

“Yep!”

“How about you, Lily?”

Lily thought for a moment before answering, trying to remember exactly how long it’s been. “I have been into K-pop for about four years now. I watched your 'Ring Ding Dong' music video and I liked you guys on Hello Baby.”

“I know right. Yoogeun was so cute!” Squealed Ayame at the mention of the adorable child.

Key smiled at her comment. “That is awesome. Thank you for supporting us.”

“So who is your favorite member?” Asked Jonghyun deviously as Key hit him.

“Ummm, I don't think we should tell you that.” Lily said while nervously laughing.

“You are my favorite member, Jonghyun, but Onew is a close second,” answered Ayame honestly.

“My favorite members are Taemin and Onew,” said Lily as Minho and Key looked disappointed. Ayame and Lily both saw their disappointment and hugged them. They both said that they watch Dream Team just to cheer for Minho and love seeing Key on reality shows dancing. The mood was broken when everyone heard a weird sound echoing through the living room and Ayame blushed.

“What was that?” Key asked confused.

“Ah…. I guess I’m a bit hungry.” Ayame replied sheepishly, blushing harder as her stomach growled again.

Everyone laughed in unison as dinner plans for the night were made. So as not to impose on their hosts, Ayame offered to cook for the group as thanks for their hospitality.

 

After dinner

Everyone seemed to enjoy the meal; especially Minho, who ate two more servings than everyone else. “Oh yeah, I heard you two will be on ShimShimTaPa tomorrow.” Jonghyun told them after Ayame and Lily had finished clearing away the dishes.

“Really?! Oh my gosh, I’m so excited!” Ayame turned to Lily expecting her to be just as excited as her but Lily stood there biting her lip anxiously. “What’s wrong?”

“Ah, I’m just a bit nervous. I’ve never done anything like this before. I wonder who else will be at the show tomorrow.”

"I'm sure it will be amazing just relax and you'll do fine." She hugged Lily trying to comfort the girl as the younger looked up at her.

"You're right. This is gonna be so fun!"

 

In EXO dorm

Kris and Suho were talking in the living room about the plans for ShimShimTaPa, when Tao entered the room with them.

“Can we go shopping for cake now, Kris?” asked Tao, tugging on his shirt sleeve.

“No, Tao. The girls will be here any second now.” Kris replied sternly as Tao pouted at him. The doorbell rang and Suho went to answer it. He allowed the girls and their manager to enter while leading them into the living room with Kris and Tao. “I’ll be right back. Let me go get the other memb-” Suho turned to gather the other members but suddenly stopped after hearing a scary noise; a blend of a squeal and fan scream. A girl with an orange BAP shirt ran and hugged Kris while bouncing up and down. The noise caused the other members to come in wondering what was happening.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Cho Sang. It’s nice to meet you.” Cho Sang bowed and introduced herself after pulling Seo Young off of Kris.

Seo Young bowed to the members and introduced herself as well. “Hi! My name’s Seo Young. Sorry for attacking you I was just excited.”

Chanyeol laughed and hugged the girls, while Seo Young shrugged kind of uncomfortably. The members lined up and also introduced themselves one by one, welcoming the girls to their dorm. Their manager handed the girls their schedule and instructions before leaving them in EXO's care.

The girls began to unpack their stuff before returning to the living room to talk with EXO about dinner plans. “Do you guys want to go out with us to get some ramen?” Kai asked as he threw on his jacket.

“Ramen sounds good.” Cho Sang replied. She and Seo Young followed the members to their favorite Ramen shop; the scent of the many spices and vegetables made the meal seem all the more enticing.

In the middle of eating their dinner, Kris decided now would be a good time to tell the girls of their first schedule. “Oh by the way, you guys are going to be appearing on ShimShimTaPa tomorrow.”

“What?!” Cho Sang coughed, almost choking on her ramen from the sudden news as Chanyeol patted her back to help her swallow. She began drinking a glass of water as the members looked at her concerned. “I-I’m okay, sorry about that. I was just shocked.”

“Sorry, maybe I should have waited to tell you.”

“I think it’ll be fun! I can’t wait to go!!” Seo Young jumped in after realizing she’ll have even more idols to fangirl over.

 

 


Co-Author's Note: So here it is everyone, the first chapter of the re-vamped story. I hope you all enjoy it and let me know what you think ^^ Not every chapter will be getting a full makeover. There are just some things that need to be added and as you can see, there will be a few additions (a chapter or two) to the story between the original chapter 1 and 2. Also, do you guys like the new setup of the forward? Yay for pics haha ^^ Please tell me what you think about the new additions. Comments are loved <3 And for those of you who are wondering, in this world, Hangeng is still in Super Junior and Heechul is not in the military. 화이팅

                                                                                                                                                          ~ Ku_Yuri