Bonus Chapter - SM Cookout

Americans and the K-Wave

 This chapter takes place during the cookout with SMTOWN. All of the events happen simultaneously unless stated otherwise. I hope you enjoy even though it's really short ^.~

 

Ayames POV

 “Shindong huh?” I leaned over towards him once his laughter had ceased, quietly whispering in his ear. “Are you sure about that?”

He coughed trying to recover himself from the close contact but something else caught my eye. I smirked, puffing my chest out to give him a better view as I waited for his rebuttal. “No…” He trailed off, visibly gulping when his eyes moved down to my s. “But now I’m certain of something else.”

“And what might that be?”

Jonghyun slid his hand up my thigh, “I’m not the only one who has my eye on someone.” , why does he have to be so damn hot? “But I think we can help each other out.” He grinned as he up my neck leaving a thick strip of saliva over the exposed skin.

“I-I think we can work something out.” I cleared my throat, embarrassed that I had stuttered. Remembering Korean was already hard enough without having one of Korea’s top idols trying to jump your bones. Thanks a lot Kim Jonghyun. “But we should probably go somewhere that’s not filled with every member of SMTOWN. Not that this isn’t kind of a turn on, but a little discretion would be nice.”

He pulled back, looking me up and down. I swear he looked like he wanted to devour me right then and there. “You’re right. Let’s finish this up back at the dorm while everyone is still busy here.” He stood, holding his hand out for me which I gladly took. “Just to let you know, I’m not gentle.”

I bit my lip in approval. This really had to be a dream come true; not only did I win the chance of a lifetime to venture around Korea while living with one of my most favorite groups but I was about to have with my ultimate bias who turns out to be exactly my type. Whatever god set up this wonderful chain of events, thank you.

 

 

Lilys POV

“So, um… It must be nice getting to stay at an amazing place like this. Amazing bandmates, singing and dancing to your heart’s content. Do you like it? Oh, what am I saying! Of course you like it why else would you want to be an idol.” I played with the hem of my shirt nervously. It was nerve racking trying to fill the uncomfortable silence and I found myself ranting to try and cause some form of conversation. “I’m sorry. I’m just kind of nervous.”

He shook his head and smiled, quickening his pace. “No, it’s ok. It’s kind of… cute.”

“What?”

“N-nothing! So, you like SNSD?”

“Of course! Doesn’t 90% of South Korea? They are the ‘representative’ of Korean girl groups after all. But that’s not why I like them.”

“Then what do you like so much about them?” He seemed honestly interested and I couldn’t help but smile at the thought that Taemin was curious about my personal interests.

“Well…” I held my hands behind my back, thinking carefully of how I could describe it. “The style of music, watching the way they have evolved together, the way their voices harmonize and how they all know their strengths and weaknesses; you know, helping one another if someone else is lacking. Not to mention Taeyeon-ssi has an absolutely beautiful voice.”

He nodded, suddenly smiling at nothing in particular. “Wow you must really like music.”

“I love it!!” I corrected him but covered my mouth after my small outburst. “I mean, there’s just something about music that I can’t explain. Singing, dancing; it’s amazing how something so seemingly insignificant can unite the entire world. Of course, it’s not like they are the only group I feel that way about.” I giggled, looking up to catch his reaction before he caught my attention with a shout of ‘Taeyeon noona!’.

Said person turned from their conversation and waved at Taemin, motioning for him to come closer. “Hey Taemin-ah, what’s up?”

“Noona, this is Lily-ssi. She’s one of the girls from the contest. Apparently she’s a huge fan and loves your voice.”

My eyes shot open at the blatant introduction and I could already feel my cheeks burning from the embarrassment of it all. “A-annyeonghaseyo.”

“Oh!” She smiled brightly and I felt my poor fangirl heart stop at her next words. “You’re the one who impressed Shindong-ssi today right? The one with the amazing voice?”

“I-I’m not… It’s not… T-thank you.”

She pulled me in closer, dragging me forward to introduce me to the other members of her group; Taemin smiling from behind as he watched my distraught state. “Maybe we can collaborate together sometime.”

 

 

Meeting THE SNSD was so exhilarating, almost like a dream come true; well, not as much as being here in the first place was. I would definitely need to find Baekhyun oppa later to fangirl.

“Thank you Taemin-ah…” I hugged Taemin tightly unable to control the flurry of emotions that had happened in such a short amount of time. I quickly let go when I felt him tighten within my grasp, apologizing profusely for hugging him until I saw the look on his face. I stifled my laughter with the back of my hand but it was hard to control myself when Taemin was staring at me like I had just stolen his hugging ity. How can he be so damn cute?

That one look gave me hope that maybe… Just maybe… I wasn’t in this alone. Or maybe, he just really didn’t like hugs.

 

 

ChoSangs POV

Stupid Chanyeol. Why does he keep having to follow me around like that? I peeked over my shoulder and sighed when I saw him still trailing behind me. Does he actually think I cant see him? “Wait…” I broke out of my thoughts when I realized I had lost track of my actual mission. “Where did Seo Young go? !” I searched for any sign of her or Tao but it was too crowded for me to find them like this.

A slight timbre voice broke my concentration when it asked, “Need some help?”

“Oh, Minho-ssi,” I looked up to see Minho’s dark eyes staring back at me. “When did you get here?” Man, his eyes look huge from this close up.

“Just a few seconds ago. You looked kind of lost by yourself. Are you looking for Seo Young?”

“Yeah. Have you seen her?”

“I think I saw her dragging Tao towards the Super Junior sunbaes.” He pointed behind him towards the supposed location and I thanked him only to be stopped by his hand wrapping around my wrist. “Wait a minute.”

“What is it?” I tried to wiggle my wrist out of his grip which caused him to let go.

“Sorry… It’s just that, I really think you should forgive Chanyeol for what happened earlier.” He kept looking past me as he spoke but I focused more on his words than where he was staring. “I know it’s none of my business but I think he feels bad for what he did and he’s trying really hard to make it up to you.” He lent down towards my ear; the close contact slightly awkward as he whispered, “He’s also been following you for a while now.”

I took a quick glance behind me just to see poor Chanyeol dive into the nearest bush he could find. “Oh gosh,” I mumbled as I watched him stumble and roll out of the bush, landing on his face. His tall build just made his lanky limbs look even more awkward in these situations. Hes seriously too tall for his own good. I covered my mouth to hide my giggles from the awkwardly cute display and turned back around to face Minho. “Well, thank you for your help. I’m just going to—Oh my gosh! Seo Young!” I ran off towards the younger when I saw her forcing Hangeng and Heechul into what looked like a kiss. I swear that girl is asking for trouble.

 

 

SeoYoungs POV

I rocked back and forth in front of the group trying not to harass them anymore than I already had but waiting for Mr. Panda to speak was taking too long for my liking. Seriously, greeting your sunbaes is nice and all but trying to control myself when there’s a Shisus, a Heechul, and a Hangeng in front of me is kind of hard. But I guess it’s not all bad; I get to watch Tao bend over to greet each of the members (I probably shouldnt be staring but, wow, I understand why everyone is always talking about Taos ) and that small sliver of skin that peeked out from the bottom of his shirt as he did such was kind of worth it.

“Oh. T-this is Seo Young-ssi.” Tao guestured towards me and I figured I should give him a break from the ogling to introduce myself. For now anyway.

I put on my best smile and bowed politely as I introduced myself. “Annyeonghaseyo. Bang Seo Young imnida.”

I almost burst out in laughter when I saw Tao’s jaw nearly drop from my ‘suddenly respectful’ change in personality towards the elders. “Nice to meet you again.” Eunhyuk reached his hand out to me and I shook it, quickly assembling myself into the rest of the group.

 

“Thank you guys so much for planning this party. I can’t believe everyone in the company came! Hopefully it wasn’t too much trouble.” They bombarded me with compliments about my kind behavior and I couldn’t feel more proud of myself. My eyes immediately focused in on the small interactions that were secretly going on between Siwon, Heechul, and Hangeng. Is this really happening? My OTP is right in front of me trying to sneak touches with each other? Hmmm, maybe this can work.

I courteously stepped closer to the three, beaming when they noticed my sudden appearance.

“Hello,” Heechul reached out his hand towards me, trying very hard to converse with me in English. “You are Seo Young, yes?”

Heechuls engrish is just too cute for words! I nodded and replied with “Yes. And you can speak in Korean, don’t worry.” I giggled when I saw relief spread across his face and he instantaneously switched back to speaking Korean.

“Thank goodness. English is too hard.”

Hangeng chuckled before poking Heechul’s cheek. “But didn’t you used to major in English?”

“Yes. USED to. I changed my major for a reason.” He huffed out, crossing his arms over his chest. And they think Key is sassy.

“Is there anything I can help you with?” Siwon asked as he moved closer to me.

Must. Control. Fangirling. “No… You all have been amazing and I’m really grateful that you all took the time out to do this for us.” I slowly inched closer to the HanChul couple; moving as inconspicuously as possible. “It probably took a lot of time to get this together.” Almost there. I reached up behind Hangeng and Heechul, ready to push them closer together. That was, until Tao tried to take my attention away from the elders.

“We should… Probably go now,” he stuttered out; coughing to break apart my interaction with Heechul and Hangeng. Damn, so close. I sighed and released the two when I heard a screech of my name that could only belong to one person. Stupid hyungie, always ruining my fun.

 

 

 

 

 

How each couple would react to the same scenario at this point in time.

TaeLi

ChanSang

JongMe

TaoSeo

Taemin: Y-You look nice today, noona.

Lily: *blushes looking down shyly* Thank you.

Chanyeol: You look nice today *smiles brightly*

ChoSang: Are you saying I look bad every other day?

Jonghyun: You’re looking good today.

Ayame: You’re not so bad yourself.

Tao: …… You look—

SeoYoung: Kris oppa!! *’ignores’ Tao and runs straight to Kris*

Lily’s thoughts: Taemin’s so sweet… I just wish we could… No, there’s no way that would happen.

ChoSang’s thoughts: *secret inner fangirling* Damn you Park Chanyeol

Ayame’s thoughts: ‘Patiently’ waiting for him to toss me across his bed.

SeoYoung’s thoughts: Tao’s so cute when he’s confused.

Taemin’s thoughts: Noona’s so pretty… I wonder if she likes me.

Chanyeol’s thoughts: Did I just up again?

Jonghyun’s thoughts: I can’t wait to toss her onto my bed and just—

Tao’s thoughts: Why is it always Kris ge?

 

Yuri: Wow you guys… Really? Is this how your twisted minds work? Poor Chanyeol can never catch a break.

Chanyeol: ChoSang noona T^T Why won’t you love me?

ChoSang: Not interested *shrugs*

Chanyeol: *curls up in a ball of feels* Why did you write her this way?

Yuri: O.O Don’t look at me! I didn’t do it… *coughs awkwardly* That’s just how she is. I’m sorry Yeollie. I’ll try to help you out. Fighting!

Taemin: Lily noona likes me?!

Lily: Taemin likes me?!?!?!?!?!?! *starts hyperventilating*

Yuri: You guys are so dense… Besides, you can’t really know any of this anyway. *pats the blushing Taemin and Lily on the back*

SeoYoung: All my plans are working *evil maknae smile*

Tao: Plans? What plans? And why are you always all over Kris ge and everyone else? Aren’t we supposed to be the pairing for this story? Author-nim I don’t like this. Make SeoYoung pay attention to me *wipes tears*

Yuri: T^T I’m such a bad person!! I’m sorry baby Tao! *tries to huggle* But it’s all for the best. And didn’t you say you liked girls who didn’t pay too much attention to you?

Tao: I-I didn’t mean like this.

SeoYoung: Awww you’re so cute panda. Let me see your abs! *Runs over and lifts up shirt*

Tao: NNNNOOOOO!! *Runs away*

Yuri: Ummm… Anyway where are Jonghyun and Aya— *muffled in background*  N-nevermind… They’ll need to sort themselves out later.

 

 


Author’s Note: Hello all! I know I haven’t updated in a while and I’m so so sorry so here’s a bonus chapter for you all until the next update! My co-author asked me to write a little bit about what happened during the SM Barbecue so in case you guys were curious here’s a little snippet from what I imagine happened that night. Also feel free to ask any questions or if you’re curious about anything feel free to ask and I’ll definitely answer to the best of my ability. Also, if you guys liked the mini scenario corner, feel free to suggest any scenarios you would like to see and I’ll possibly try to fill them ~.^

                                                                          ~Ku_Yuri