Chapter Two

Upon These Stormy Seas

Scalding hot water rained over his head, down his shoulders, into the dips where his hips met his thighs, and slid off his legs down to the shower floor. He groaned in delight as the water soothed his tense aching muscles. He stood under the showerhead for a longtime while letting his body loosen up. His mind raced as he tried to process what he could.

He didn’t have any memories of who he was. It was absolutely terrifying to think about. He didn’t know where he was from, what he’d done, or what he’d wanted to do. Had he been a good person before? Had he been a thief or a murderer? Did he have pets or a family? Somebody that he’d loved?

He was on a pirate ship. The mere thought of it made him roll his eyes. It was absurd to think that not only were there still pirates out there pillaging on the high seas in this day and age but that the three people that he’d met so far were supposedly some of them. Admittedly, he’d only seen Taeyang and Daesung for a few adrenaline packed moments, but they’d both appeared well groomed and civilized. Seungri, while having a questionable bedside manner for a doctor, had also not seemed anything like what a pirate should be.

And the ship, the Big Bang, it was definitely not what pirate ships were like in books and movies. He’d only seen the kitchen, his bedroom, and the adjoining bathroom, but it was obvious that it was some kind of luxury yacht. Wasn’t there supposed to be cannons? A brig? The foul stench of sweat and grime? Instead there was a dishwasher, satin sheets, and air conditioning. What the hell kind of pirates were these?

Was he being kept as a prisoner or were these people just helping someone that needed it?

There were so many things that he didn’t know, and he hated it. He felt lost. He felt vacant like the empty shampoo bottle that was sitting on the shelf in the shower: meaningless, purposeless, a waste of space, and just waiting to be thrown away.

He looked up and let the water beat against his face for a few moments, wincing as the water stung the gash above his eye. He frowned at himself inwardly. He wasn’t dead. He was still breathing; therefore, he still had a purpose.

I will get my memories back.

He repeated the promise in his mind over and over and over again like a mantra. Each time he thought it a little bit of hope sprang to life in his heart like a tiny plant breaking through the dirt in search of light.

Feeling a thousand times better, he finished with his shower and dried off, being careful to avoid the wound on his forehead. He stood awkwardly for a moment as he realized that he didn’t have any clean clothes to change into. He could’ve put his boxers back on, but… well that sort of made the shower he’d just taken a bit futile.

He sighed and tied his towel around his waist. He opened the bathroom door and stepped back into the bedroom. He quickly located the closet and was surprised when the clothes he picked up fit him perfectly. Confused, he looked through all of the clothing. Everything was his size. He tried to think back to the few seconds when he’d seen the others. From what he could recall, they were all shorter, and more bulky due to their large muscles. Clearly, the clothes didn’t belong to them. Maybe they belonged to the Captain?

Just as he tugged a soft green shirt down over his head he heard an obnoxious knock at the door. It opened before he’d even responded and in walked an excited looking Taeyang and Daesung.

“It’s good to see you up and about. You had us pretty worried when you fainted yesterday,” Daesung said with a voice that he imagined was what a smile would sound like if it could make noise.

“Always was just like a girl,” Taeyang muttered under his breath, and flinched when Daesung dug an elbow into his ribs. “. Sorry, sorry. Anyway, Seungri said that you need to redress the wound to prevent infection.”

He grabbed the bandages and peered at them in suspicion. “Why are you guys helping me?”

“Captain’s orders,” Taeyang said with a laugh.

“And why would he want to help me? Aren’t pirates supposed to be ruthless and savage?” He stared into the mirror, surprised that he could recognize the black hair, high cheek bones, and brown eyes of his own face. He’d been too afraid to look before, unwilling to take the chance that he would only see a stranger staring back at him. He cringed as the bandage touched his tender skin.

Daesung moved to stand in front of the open window. Sunshine outlined him in a golden light like an angel. “Pirates aren’t the only ones. Humans as a species are like that: selfish, cruel, and violent.” Daesung sounded sad when he spoke, and he looked like he was suddenly a million miles away.

Taeyang walked across the room and ruffled Daesung’s hair. Daesung visibly leaned back into the reassuring hand that Taeyang lowered to his shoulder. “Not everyone is like that. We’re not like that. Ji saved all of us, gave us a place to stay, and something worth doing. If you must label us then yeah, we’re pirates, but really, we’re just guys trying to help people.”

He raised an eyebrow in disbelief. Was he supposed to believe them, these strangers that he knew virtually nothing about? Taeyang must have been able to read the doubt in the deep line of his frown because Taeyang waved a hand dismissively and shook his head. “Talking to the Captain will help you understand. Are you done in here? We’re supposed to take you to breakfast out on the deck.”

A loud growl from his stomach alerted him to the fact that he didn’t know when he’d last eaten. He nodded reluctantly, not really wanting to follow the people that had tied him up like an animal, but too hungry to refuse.

“Great! Seungri even made French toast for you!” Daesung said excitedly as he walked out the door and led the way through the hall, past three closed dark wooden doors, and up a small set of stairs. The thick scent of ocean overwhelmed him for a moment. The scent was familiar and caused a sense of nostalgia to wash over him, but it was gone as quickly as it had come. He blinked rapidly, his eyes trying to adjust to the intense sunlight after the prolonged period below deck.

A table was laid out with an elegant white cloth and expensive looking plates and glasses. Each plate was filled with French toast and scrambled eggs. His mouth watered at the sight, and he accidentally knocked over the pitcher of orange juice in his haste to sit down.

“! I’m so sorry. I’ll clean it up!” He stood from the table and ran back down the stairs. He hurried down the hall to the other set of stairs that led to the bottom floor of the yacht. He opened the first door he came to and yanked a towel and a mop from the closet. He rushed back up to the deck and instantly began soaking up the orange juice with the towel.

“I’m really sorry. It doesn’t look like any of it got on the food though so we still should be able to eat.” He draped the dripping towel over the side of the yacht and turned to pick up the mop. He froze when he noticed everyone staring at him like he’d grown an extra head. “What?”

“What’s your name?” Seungri asked slowly, a curious look on his face.

He narrowed his eyes angrily. “That’s not funny, .”

“Whoa, calm down man. Just sit down for a minute,” Taeyang said, holding out his hands in a non threatening way as if he was trying to calm a wild dog.

Seungri pushed on his shoulders until he was sitting angrily in a chair. Distantly, he noted that the chair was incredibly comfortable. He pushed Seungri away and glared at them all. Why the hell were they being so weird?

“How did you know where to get the mop and the towel?”

His brow furrowed as he tried to think. How had he known? He hadn’t even thought about it at the time. He’d seen the mess and instantly, on autopilot, his feet had guided him to the supply closet. How had he known?

“I-I don’t know…” A sharp ache was starting to build up in his head.

What is your name?” Seungri demanded once again, his face set in an eerily serious expression.

His eyes watered as the pain intensified. His name… Why couldn’t he remember? It felt like a razor blade was slicing into his skull. “I don’t ing know!”

“Seunghyun.”

He blinked at the new voice. His heart rate increased for no apparent reason, beating like a drum against his ribs. The pain receded slightly, still uncomfortable, but not so much that he wanted to throw himself overboard. He blinked his eyes to clear his vision and turned toward the voice.

A man stood in front of the entrance to the stairs. His dark hair was styled up in a way that had his hands itching to run through it. His dark eyes were deep and captivating like the night sky. Something about them looked wrong, sad and haunted. That didn’t make any ing sense because how would he know what they were supposed to look like. The man smiled but it was obviously forced. His shoulders were hunched in slightly, almost protectively. He had his hands stuffed into the pockets of his green jacket. That seemed odd considering how hot it was.

“You don’t know your name, so I will give you one. Until you remember, we’ll call you Seunghyun.”

Daesung and Taeyang giggled together from across the table. He ignored them and swallowed thickly, attempting to find his voice. “You must be the Captain.”

The man nodded his head slightly in acknowledgment. “Captain G Dragon, but you can call me Jiyong if you want.” He walked slowly over to the table and righted the messed up settings with careful hands. “Let’s eat guys. We should be coming across a ship in a few hours and we all need to be ready.”

A/N: The awesome poster was made by YMUSIC Graphic Shop (Love_you0423). Personally, I think it's pretty fantastic :)