- s i x

Those Times

 

Maybe, just maybe, there’s always a third chance after the second one is wasted. It doesn’t have to come right away, but it comes to those who wait and to those who deserve it.

Yoona shifts her right foot uncomfortably, scrubbing the heel of her shoe against the ground. She prefers looking at the ground, seeing as she’s utterly anxious about the entire thing. To make up for what he did, Sehun sets Yoona and Lu Han up to talk.

She doesn’t expect this to happen sooner than she expected. Although she hopes they would talk soon—she spent good two weeks practicing what to say to Lu Han in case they meet—she would have preferred if she knew that it was going to be now.

She feels uneasy. It’s been a long time since she has felt this. And she’s scared.

Really, really scared.

Lu Han, on the other hand, could only wish everything would go well today. If it doesn’t, then he doesn’t have any choice but to let her go. It’s worth taking the shot anyway.

He watches Yoona gazing at her shoes with such intense. He thinks of how pretty her side feature is and even wonders if he could touch it. He wonders how soft it would be under his touch.

Yoona looks up, feeling a little edgy, especially when there is a pair of eyes staring at her. She meets Lu Han’s eyes and immediately looks away.

“Uh, so I think we should talk now…” Lu Han trails off, sounding a little hesitant at the end.

Yoona nods a little distractedly. “Uh, yeah. We should… I guess…”

Silence follows and it’s suddenly so awkward. Yoona doesn’t want to make the first move, considering that she’s a female and that she strongly believes guys should be making the first move.

“Are you going to tell me anything?” Lu Han asks.

Yoona blinks. “Um…” Okay, so remember what we practiced, Yoona. “I… don’t really know.”

“So, why are we even here?”

“Well…” Yoona is surprised at the tone of Lu Han’s voice. “Sehun… He…”

Lu Han leans forward, clasping both of his palms together. “Okay, I’m going straight to the point,” he declares, sighing. “I like you.” A blush tints his cheeks. “I do. I have been for a long time. The first time I saw you was when you were in a coffee shop. Then I realized you always come to order your favorite drink. Every Saturday. At exactly three in the afternoon.”

Yoona’s eyes skip around the room; left, right, anywhere but in his eyes. How the heck does he know that? “W-what… y-you…” She gulps nervously. “Y-y-you… Yah, you…” she trails off, searching for the right words. She fans herself with her hand, looking a little flustered with his blunt confession. Although she seems to look like she hates it, she actually likes it a bit. Who knew things would turn out like this?

“… you stalker,” Yoona concludes. Moments later, she bursts out laughing.

Lu Han scoffs. “Yah, I’m not a stalker.”

Yoona laughs. “But you are! You even know my favorite coffee drink,” she reasons out. “And… and you know what time I come to the coffee shop. That’s extremely scary, you know.” She tries to hold back her laugh, but Lu Han notices the glint in her eyes.

He decides to play along though.

Lu Han snorts. “That’s not being a stalker,” he argues. “I just happen to go to the same coffee shop as you do.”

They stare at each other, momentarily deliberating what they were doing. Few seconds later, they both burst out laughing.

The atmosphere seems to be a little bit better, less awkward. Yoona could trust him. She could try and risk everything. There are those times when she wishes she could do this again, quietly laughing over small things with someone who matters to him; and times when she wishes she won’t have to undergo through relationships again.

They just hurt.

But Yoona is willing to try.

“I’m willing to try,” Lu Han whispers, as though he can read her mind.

Yoona beams at him. “Me, too.”

“Are you scared?”

Yoona nods faintly.

Lu Han interlaces his fingers through hers, smiling at how perfect it felt. “I am, too.”

There are more things to know about him and Yoona knows better than to rush things. She’s looking forward to know him, to uncover his deepest, darkest secrets… and perhaps, pray that he might actually be the one.

And then, slowly… gradually, Lu Han will do his best to take care of how just like how she should be treated. Love her as if there’s no tomorrow. Be with her for the rest of his life.

 

Donghae usually gives up.

Whenever one plan goes wrong, he gives up. What’s the point of trying and trying when you’re not meant to succeed, right? But then, Jessica used to tell him, “If plan A doesn’t work, there’s always the other 25 letters in the alphabet.” Donghae would laugh at how ridiculous it sounded.

But now, he realizes that it actually meant something a little more than what he had expected. Donghae doesn’t know what letter he’s currently in right now, whether it’s plan P or S, he doesn’t care. If he’s chasing after what he wants (or what he usually tells himself, he needs), he goes all out to get it.

And now there he is, standing in front of the Jung’s apartment door. For the past few days, he’s been keeping in touch with Sehun and Krystal, who both magnanimously decided to help him catch Jessica alone.

Of course, Donghae contacted them separately. In return, Donghae does a little favor for Sehun.

His heart beat is fast. In fact, it’s a little faster than the usual rate whenever they go on dates. Only this time, things are a little different. He’s going to win her back. He’s going to do whatever it takes just to have her back.

He doesn’t deserve her but he can always change himself, work to become better.

He shakily rings the doorbell and fixes his hair. He mentally recalls the lines he practiced last night and makes sure he doesn’t forget one word.

“Krystal, you’re back—oh.”

His breathing hitches, still feeling a little surprised on how fast Jessica can recognize him. Despite being blind, Jessica’s other senses are sharp. He still feels amazed no matter how long it has been since they started going out.

“Donghae.” His name sounds cold coming from her lips. “What are you doing here?”

He studies her face for a moment, deliberately taking in her beautiful features. To others, she looks somewhat intimidating and aloof. She usually plasters a cold expression on her face, making others believe that she’s a mean person.

But to Donghae, she’s beautiful. She’s his world.

“I don’t give up,” he says simply.

Jessica’s face hardens. “You usually do.”

Donghae smiles a bit. “You know me so well.”

Jessica smacks her lips together. “Look, if you don’t have anything more to say, you can leave.”

“I’m not leaving.”

“Then stay there until God knows when.”

“I will.”

“Fine.”

“Even if I die due to starvation and dehydration.”

“Whatever. I don’t give a damn.”

Donghae smirks, knowing full well that Jessica won’t let him do that. She slams the door, feeling a little infuriated about Donghae’s obstinacy.

Three minutes later, Jessica opens the door again. Donghae grins in victory.

“You’re going to have to leave if you don’t want to scare the kids next door,” Jessica grumbles, crossing her arms on her chest. “Really, I’ve had five complaints for the last three minutes because they think a cookie monster is outside the apartment, trying to kidnap them.”

Donghae beams at her. “How did you know I’ve been standing here for three minutes?”

Jessica blushes, clearing . “W-well, I…”

“Let’s try again, Sooyeon,” Donghae utters gently, taking her hands with his. She struggles a bit but Donghae tightens his grip on hers. “I want to try again. Only this time, I won’t make a promise not to hurt you. There will be those times that I will hurt you without meaning to. But I won’t give up on us. I won’t. And I’m never going to let go.”

Jessica doesn’t respond. Instead, her eyes are filled with tears. Bit by bit, she takes few steps forward, implying her surrender to him. He draws a long sigh of relief as he takes her in his arms again.

And in that moment, he wishes for nothing but for time to freeze forever.

 

“There’s nothing to—what the total .”

Krystal almost leaps in surprise. She expects the waiter to greet her, not Sehun dressed in a weird, bubble tea outfit. On top of the costume is a mask of Sehun’s friend—she presumes that his name was Chanyeol or something—with a creepy smile on his face. She almost laughs, thinking of how random the face mask could get.

Twenty minutes earlier, she remembers telling Donghae that she’d be going to the bubble tea shop, just like they planned. And then Donghae can go ambush her sister and make up. She also adds that she can only go back at their apartment when they’ve finally reconciled.

And now, here she is. Standing at the bubble tea shop. Looking completely surprised.

Has Donghae been keeping something from her?

She drops the phone she was holding earlier. Right now, she doesn’t need to know what’s happening about her sister—perhaps, she can ask her sister later but she bets Jessica’s back in a love bubble right now.

She shoots Sehun a wary look. “What have you done to the shop?”

“The shop still looks the same to me,” Sehun replies, wandering his eyes around.

No,” Krystal says, crossing her arms on her chest. She glances at him suspiciously. “I meant, where are the people? The staff? The shop is supposed to be open, serving their customers and pissing me off.”

Sehun chuckles. “The last one was unnecessary. They don’t piss you off.”

“They do!” Krystal huffs. “Ugh, they actually piss me off. I order chocolate bubble tea but they keep giving me the wrong thing. And it happened a lot of times! I’m not even bluffing. I actually hate it when they give me the wrong thing.”

“Krys, they never do that.”

“No, they did!” Krystal waves her hands, nodding her head rigorously. “But they never seem to do that when you’re with me. You’re not the only one who comes here every often. I come here, too. Without you, of course. But they treat me differently when I’m alone.”

“I thought you didn’t like bubble teas.”

Krystal shrugs. “I don’t know. I thought I didn’t like it, too.”

“So, are we back to normal?”

“Since when are we not normal?” Krystal remarks sarcastically, pretending as if she doesn’t know what he’s talking about. She knows full well he’s talking about the fight they had. They have stopped talking to each other for a span of three weeks. She doesn’t want to admit it but Krystal misses him.

Maybe a little too much, she admits.

Sehun could only smile. Few of the things she likes about him: he’s unbelievably tolerant with her attitude. “I meant, are we back to talking to each other?”

Krystal dons a mean look. “I don’t know,” she replies passively. “We’re talking.”

“We’re friends then.”

“Whatever.”

“I missed you.”

Red spots flare on her cheeks. “I d-don’t!”

Sehun ambles closer, a satisfied smile drawing on his lips. Few of the things she likes about him: his adorable smile. No matter how much she tries to act threatening towards him, he appears immune to it. All he has to do is show her that adorable smile of his and she immediately recoils.

But he doesn’t have to know that, Krystal firmly decides.

“I’m sorry for everything,” Sehun states, thawing her with his soft gaze. “I’m not good with words but I can show you better than I can tell you. But there’s one thing I’m certain of”—he lifts his hands over his head and forms a heart—“I like you. And I would be willing to date you if you’re willing to date me.”

Krystal takes a 10-second pause, as though she’s trying to scare Sehun. When he sees the hesitance and despair on his face, she swiftly pecks his cheeks. “I’d be willing to try.”

And there are just those times, when two people who care about each other the most, would be willing to risk everything, no matter how hard it can be.


 

and there it is! the ending :c i know it's short but i've been planning to make another one.

soon though. i'm still not sure.

i need a review shop to review this.

ono; is anyone willing to help or something? :c