8

Whenever you play that song

 

The next day, Jieun was surprised to see Hyomin standing at the gates of her school.

'Unnie?'

Hyomin looked back and smiled. 'Oh, good you're out. C'mon'

'Where are we going? I have...'

'To study in the library?', Hyomin joked. 'I know. We'll just have to grab some snacks for you and you're library buddy.

Jieun chuckled. 'Wish you were here before unnie'

Hyomin poked her cheeks. 'Ei, stop with all the dramas. I'm here now. I'm making up for my loss. So what do you want?'

'Mallows', Jieun beamed.

'Wrong!', Hyomin said while doing an X sign with her arms. 'You can't expect library buddy to be eating mallows now would you?'

Jieun laughed and nodded her head. 'You're right, how about pizza?'

Hyomin nodded her head. 'Pizza's good. Just grab some mallows for yourself'

'Arasso. Thank you minnie', Jieun said slunging her hands on her sister's arm.

Hyomin laughed. 'Anything'

***

Their chatters on the way made Baekhyun peeked at the door. He raised a brow in confusion upon seeing Jieun with another girl.

Jieun spotted Bakehyun on the corner of her eye. 'Ah! Unnie, that's library buddy'

Hyomin raised one hand and waved. 'Hey buddy!'

Baekhyun lamely waved back. Both girls chuckled. 

'We grabbed some snacks. Sorry for being late', Jieun said. 

Baekhyun nodded his head and lead them to a room at the back of the shop which resembles a kitchen.

'This place is nice', Hyomin said. Her eyes scanned the whole shop. 'I mean, abandoned but with a little renovation here and there, it'll do'

Baekhyun bowed his head and thanked her, pausing when he didn't know what to address her.

'Hyomin. Just call me Hyomin.'

Baekhyun bowed once again. 'Thank you Hyomin'

Jieun smacked her sisters arm. 'Yah! Acting young', she then looked at Baekhyun. 'She's my sister and she's old', she added while putting emphasis on the word ‘old’.

Baekhyun immediately bowed his head. 'Mianhe, Hyomin~noona'

Hyomin stared at her sister who was smiling cheekily. 'Old you say?'. She looked at Baekhyun and gave him a dismissive wave. 'Psssh. Whatever. Call me noona. Just make it cute'

Jieun laughed while Baekhyun scratched his head, totally clueless of what to do. Hyomin sensed his uncomfort and went on talking to ease the mood.

'Hey. Whose place is this?', she asked.

Baekhyun immediately answered. 'M..Mine. Now'

Hyomin raised an eyebrow at him. 'You bought this?'

Baekhyun shook his head. 'A~ani. It belonged to my parents'

Hyomin nodded her head and continued scanning the area. Meanwhile, Jieun had her eyes glued to her sister. Wondering what's gotten into her mind. 

From the corner of her eye Hyomin saw her little sister staring at her. She stared back and gave her, her most innocent smile. 

'Go ahead, eat. I'm just looking around'

Jieun continued staring at her but her sister continued smiling innocently that she gave up. 'Arasso. Baekhyun, is it okay for her to look around?'

Baekhyun nodded his head immediately. 'Please. Feel free to do so. Although I apologize for the mess'

Hyomin smiled sweetly at him. ‘It’s okay’. She went out of the room and went to the front, to where the piano was located. She skimmed her hands along the surface and wandered her eyes around the shop. 

'So', she called out. 

Baekhyun peeked on the doorway of the kitchen. 'Yes?'

'Is there some kind of order from your parents that says you can't renovate this place or something?', Hyomin asked.

Jieun face palmed herself, she went beside Baekhyun and gave him an apologetic smile. 

'Unnie!', she called out. 

Hyomin looked at the two of them. Jieun stared at her and mouthed the words. 'What the?'.

Hyomin gave her a confused look, not knowing what she said wrong. 'So?', she continued and looked at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun scratched the back of his neck. 'Uh no'

Hyomin nodded and turned around. 'So, it stays like this?'

By that time, Baekhyun was feeling uncomfortable. He shook his head and glanced at Jieun for a millisecond. Hoping that she saw it but also wishing that her sister didn't.

Fortunately for him, she did. 'Unnie, he's busy'

Hyomin glanced back at both of them and shook her head. 'You want to but can't. Am I right?'

Baekhyun widened his eyes at her. 'How did you...?'

Hyomin shrugged. 'Just figured it out'

Jieun chuckled, 'So this was the help you were talking about?'

Baekhyun smiled shyly and scratched the back of his neck once again. 'Uhh. You can say that'

Jieun smiled at him. 'I'll be glad to'