7

Whenever you play that song

 

'Minnie~unnie', Jieun shrieked when she saw her sister standing at the doorway.

Hyomin opened her arms and Jieun forcefully shoved herself on her. 

'Woah! Easy there mallow', Hyomin said, closing her arms around Jieun and hugged her tight.

'Are you staying here for good?', Jieun asked. She looked up at her sister. Her words came out as a question but deep inside she was wanted it to be an order.

Hyomin pretended to think for a moment. Jieun looked at her hopefully. Finally she nodded her head. Jieun jumped for joy and hugged her sister even tighter. 'I missed you, you know that?'

Hyomin ruffled her hair. 'I know'. Jieun smiled. Somehow the action reminded her of Baekhyun.

'Yow!', Hyomin said, waving her hand in front of her face. 'You okay? You zoned off'

'A~ani. I was just thinking of something', she said.

Hyomin nodded her head but her eyes were suspicious. She glanced at her sister as she made her way to their parents and kissed their hands. She knew something was up.

***

That night, Hyomin went inside Jieun's room without knocking.

'Okay. Spill. All. Everything. Don't even miss one single thing', she said.

Jieun looked up from her study table. She stood up and went to sit on the bed instead. Hyomin was standing at the doorway, one hand on her hips while the other one was doing some waving motions.

'Spill what unnie?'

'Everything', Hyomin exclaimed. 'I know something's up'

Jieun nodded her head and smiled. She grabbed her bag and handed the music sheet to her sister. Hyomin's eyes widened when she realized what it was. 'You're playing?'

Jieun nodded her head once again. Hyomin sat beside her. 'I know this isn't omma and appa's idea', she said. Again, Jieun nodded her head.

'Then what are you waiting for? Tell me everything', Hyomin demanded. 

She bit her tongue to keep herself from smiling. So all this time, her sister was out being taught by a guy. When she would call in the afternoon, her mom would tell her that Jieun was still in school studying in the library. She didn't believe it. She knew her too well. 

'So it was all his idea?', Hyomin asked.

Jieun nodded her head. 'He had been patient enough'

Hyomin laughed and examined Jieun's hand. 'So it runs in the family huh'

Jieun peered at her sister. 'What runs in the family unnie?'

Hyomin smiled. 'mi,sol,ti,re,fa for those notes positioned on the line in the G-clef. fa,la,do,mi for those notes on the space. While sol,ti,re,fa,la are the notes on the lines in F-clef and la,do,mi,sol for the space'

Jieun widened her eyes. 'You know?'

Hyomin shrugged. 'A little, I'm not that good though. But I play decently'

Jieun smacked her sister’s arm. 'Why didn't you tell me?'

'Hey!', Hyomin said rubbing the spot where Jieun smacked her. 'I didn't want you to be scolded by omma and appa, okay. Besides I got the scholarship to study abroad. How can I teach you?'

'But why are you here now?', Jieun questioned her.

'You don't want me here? I could pack my bags you know. Leave', Hyomin joked while she stood up and pretended to be serious. Jieun immediately held her arm and dragged her back down. 'No, I was just asking unnie'

Hyomin laughed. 'Neh, I know. A branch of the school opened here. They told me I could just transfer'.

'How about the scholarship?'

'I'm still a scholar. It's the same school silly. Just on different places'

Jieun nodded her head and beamed. 'So it really means your here for good?'

Hyomin nodded and chuckled. 'I told you I am'

Jieun hugged her sister once more. 'You do know I'd demand to hear you play'

Hyomin smiled. 'I was expecting that'