3

Whenever you play that song

 

Again, she came back. But this time Baekhyun was outside. His back leaned against the glass walls, hands inside his pocket with his head bent down while humming a melody. A familiar melody.

'Hey', she called out.

His head shot upward and his lips formed into a smile upon seeing her. 'Hey', he replied back.

'I'm back', Jieun lamely said.

Baekhyun chuckled and nodded his head. 'Yes, well. Welcome back'

She nodded her head and bit her lip once again. 'When will all this awkwardness be gone?', she thought to herself.

'So..uhmmm..Do you know how..?', Baekhyun said rubbing his neck, a finger pointing at the piano.

Jieun shook her head. His face fell and lit up at the same time. 

'So..', he dragged his words not knowing what to add next.

'That's why I've been coming here. I find it amusing', she explained for him.

He nodded his head and looked at the ground. When he finally looked back at her, his face was smiling. 'Want me to teach you?'

Her face grimaced at the thought. Sure she liked the idea. Loved it even but how can she afford to be taught? She can't pay him. 

'Look, it's okay if you don't want to. I was just suggesting', Baekhyun said. His voice broke into her reverie.

Jieun shook her head and smiled. 'No that's not it. I would love to but, I can't...'

'Pay me?', he said as he finished her sentence for her. 'Look, you don't have to pay me anything. I'll do it for free'.

Jieun beamed at the thought but then she stopped herself from succumbing to the idea. 'Isn't that too much? Teaching a stranger like me and for free?'

Baekhyun smiled and shook his head. 'Not at all. Besides', he said shrugging his shoulders.'You're not a stranger. You're Jieun, remember?'

Jieun smiled and nodded her head. She was having a hard time. It was really okay for him but it's not doing good to her, to her conscience.

'Look. If you really want to pay me. You can. But not in a form of money. You'll just have to help me with things. How's does that sound to you?', Baekhyun said, forming ideas to make her agree. Besides, he badly needed someone's help.

Jieun thought for a moment before a smile formed on her lips. 'Sounds good to me'