The melody that bought me to you

Whenever you play that song

 

Her feet wandered aimlessly as she took a different route back home. It was the only way to make a different scenario out of her boring life. Her parents, a duo of mortal machines programmed to make her life miserable, undyingly pointed out that her life existed between home and school.

So here she was, not knowing where to go. Kicking pebbles with her feet when she heard a sound. Melodic that is. Enticing. 

As fairytale-like as this may sound she did follow the sound. It bought her to a glass paned abandoned shop. A guy was there, his back against the glass walls. Playing the piano. 

She never once played an instrument like that. Never once touched it. As you may already know, life outside home and school was strictly forbidden. 

Without knowing it, she already cracked the doors opened. Humming to the melody she never heard once but had already touched her soul. She didn't know, oblivious to the fact that she had already taken a few steps inside. She didn't know with her eyes closed that the guy playing turned his head a moment back to check if someone was really there. She only realized that when the playing stopped and her eyes flew open.

The guy was smiling at her and his eyes were like questioning her of her existence. She widened her eyes in surprise.

'I'm sorry', she said. Bowing her head as low as possible to hide the embarrassment she was feeling.

The guy suppressed a laugh. Standing carefully and walking towards her, but before he could even reach out to her to tell her it was okay the girl bolted out the door.

Confused, he stood there. One hand slightly outstretched. His eyes trailing the girl's figure as it disappeared from the view of the glass walls.

Only when she was out of sight did his laughter erupted. Not knowing what for exactly. Must be because of the girl's sudden appearance and her sudden escape.

He scratched the back of his head, a smile forming on his lips. Weirdly wishing that she would turn up again tomorrow.