Chapter 3

Longing for Feelings

Jongin's POV

I woke up in the middle of the night. I still felt a little tipsy after having a few drinks with guys. I don’t have strong head like Kris or Tao and we had a small battle who can drink more. But I’m not the worst drinker. I would say that Luhan is. He passed out in the very beginning. I smiled a bit remembering his sleeping face on the table.

I reached out for the water bottle as I felt my throat being dry as a desert. But I could only find a little drop inside. I sighed heavily on the thought that I actually need to get up and get out of bed to go to the kitchen. I was dragging my legs taking step by step with my eyes half closed not turning on the lights to not wake up fully when I tripped over something. That was weird because I don’t remember putting anything in the kitchen’s door. I turned back to the living room, rubbed my eyes to get a better vision and looked down just to see her. She was lying on the floor with arms hugging her knees.

'Why are you here?' I whispered more like to myself than to her for answering me.

I hesitated a bit about what I should do. Should I even do something? Once again I walked into kitchen and took a sip of cold water. I suddenly remembered what happened last night and felt bad. It’s not that I did something wrong or said something wrong  but seeing her lying on the floor made her look so pathetic that I started to pity her. I turned back to the living room and looked at her one more time before getting her in my arms as gently as I could, to not wake her up, and slowly putting her on the couch. I hesitated if I should put a blanket on her. She might be cold. But then again she will find out that it was me and maybe that will put up her hopes. I decided not to do anything more and just got back to sleep.

 

 

 

***

 

Your's POV

I turned around and felt numb. My whole body was aching. I didn’t know why since I slept on the couch. Maybe because I didn’t cover myself with blanket? I guess I once again not knowing when fell asleep. After my morning routine which included going to the bathroom and checking Jongin’s bedroom, which of course he wasn’t in as always, I went to the kitchen for something to eat. Then I sat in the living room and the TV.

Will my life look like this till the end? Waking up alone, going through the whole day alone just to be abused by my husband when he will actually feel like coming back home and crying myself to sleep just to wake up to the loneliness the next day?

 

Week have passed and he didn’t say a word about our last conversation. My situation was suffocating me even more and I couldn’t stand it. It was Friday and I knew he isn’t going to be home before midnight so I decided to go out and look for a job. When I went out from time to time just for a walk, I got to know that I really enjoy looking at people. Especially at young couples with small babies. I just sat at the bench and looked how they are laughing or smiling at their child cute actions. I didn’t think about it much. I simply liked to see this pure happiness. Maybe that is the reason why I decided to look for a job in kindergarten as a teacher. With my qualifications I lacked nothing. Here I can thank to my parents that they wanted to have a perfect child and made me do all those extra courses. That also brought me lack of sleep and friends but I guess you can’t have all.

 

I finished everything at five because after that time kindergartens are usually closed. Since I didn’t want to go back home and sit in front of TV doing nothing, I decided once again look at my possible future workplaces, study incomes, working conditions and how I could got there the easiest and fastest way.

 

I thought it wasn’t taking me long till waitress came to me and asked

'Excuse me, Miss. Are you going to order anything else? Because we are closing in an hour.'

'No, thank you,' I replied as I looked at the clock. It was 8pm and it was getting darker outside. 'May I please have a bill?'

'Yes, of course.'

I wasn’t in rush. It was Friday night after all. He was out with friends and wouldn’t be home at this time.

Well, at least that's what I thought and oh, how wrong I was.

Once again he startled me to death when I heard his voice behind my back. I dropped my glass of water on the floor which made it break into pieces.

'Where were you wandering again?'

I hated that word coming out of his drunken mouth. Wandering. It sounded like I have nothing. Like I don’t have my own place. Like nothing belongs to me. I felt a bit irritated at this word he was using lately.

'I’m not wandering. And why do you even care? Mind your own business. I’m not asking you where have you been every single time when you come back home late and drunk!' when I raised my voice at that moment I really got carried away. I just have had enough. 'Maybe you were having fun with some girls! I do…' I didn’t have a chance to finish my sentence as I felt his hand on my cheek.

He slapped me. For the very first time Jongin hit me. And it was in the face. His hit was so strong that my head turned and my skin started to burn as hell. I didn’t even took a notice when it all happened. My eyes widened in surprise and I was startled.

'Don’t you dare talk back to me!' he raised his voice. 'And how dare you even imply things like that?! Maybe because you are around, huh?! That’s why you think I also do it, huh?!'

My eyes filled with tears from the pain. Or maybe his words hurt me a little also? No, I don’t think so. I heard it coming out from my dad’s mouth too when he was drunk and angry at me for God’s know why. He was expecting me to answer him and I didn’t want to give up so I looked directly at him. My dad already have beaten me up more badly so that slap was actually nothing. So why am I crying?

'Don’t give me that pathetic look because it makes me sick. I told you once and I won’t say that again. If you will stain my name I’m going to turn your life into hell.'

'It already is,' I whispered when I lowered my head not to show him tears rolling down my cheeks. I felt angry.

'What did you say?'

I once again looked directly at him and shouted into his face.

'I said it already isn’t heaven now so what worst can happen?!'

From the look on his face I knew he didn’t like it. Next thing I knew was another slap. After the first time I felt fear but this time I felt anger. Who is he to beat me? My father at least created me. Made me who I am. And he? He did nothing! And I didn’t want to be his victim. I didn’t want to be the puppet any more. I couldn’t let that happen.

And before I could do anything my hand already left burning red mark on his handsome face. I felt my spirit leaving my body and anger was once again replaced by fear as I saw madness in his eyes.

'Is that what you want? You want to fight, ?!' he shouted as he pushed me on the wall which my back hit painfully. I felt my knees getting weak. 'You want to fight with me?!' he asked grabbing my neck and I couldn’t say a word. 'You want to be beaten up so badly, huh?!'

I couldn’t breathe properly and I felt like my head is going to explode in a minute. Is he going to kill me?

'That’s what I thought.' he said and let me go.

I fell right on the floor massaging my throat and coughing. Tears once again started to flow and it felt like someone was pouring the whole bottle of water out of my eyes.

'All you need to do is act like a perfect wife and you can’t even do that. You are useless and pathetic. You ruined my life and you make me sick every time I look at you. Put yourself together.'


I couldn’t think of the reason why it all happened. I just lied on the floor, hugged my knees tightly and cried as his words echoed in my head.

‘You are useless and pathetic. You ruined my life and you make me sick every time I look at you.’