Barbecue

When The Lights Go On

We were now sitting at a restaurant that was well known for the meat that they served.

Just before I got there, I went home and changed out of the clothes that Dongwoon had let me borrowed, and into my own casual clothing. And just as I had assumed, my family had questioned me about the outfit that I came home in, so I told them that I got stuck in the rain, and then stayed at a friend’s house (leaving out that fact that he’s kind of like a famous idol) for the time being. They seemed a bit uneasy about me leaving the house again, but at the mention of Minah and Kyoko, they seemed to believe that I was going to be out with the ‘two girls’.

Due to the way that we walked into the place, I ended up sitting next to the window, with Kikwang on my left. Dongwoon sat in front of me, with Yoseob next to him, who had Doojoon next to him. When we first got there, Kikwang was eager to get the spot next to me for some strange reason. Dongwoon had that look on his face where it made me feel that there was something wrong, when this happened. He didn’t say anything, but kindly told the older boy to sit there.

A middle aged man greeted us warmly, before handing out to us each the menu of the place. Since we were taking a while to decide on what to order, he then told us to call him back whenever we had decided on what to eat, before going off to serve the other people there. In the end, we all came to the conclusion of getting the barbecue, with some pork belly and marinated beef ribs. Doojoon thanked the man politely as he took our order, who then walked off with the menus.

When that was done, the four of us then engaged into some conversation. They told me things such as how they found their idol lives, and how much they adored their fans with the support that they gave them. I told them about Seohyun, and how she was a big fan who loved their music a lot, to which they were quite happy to find out about. Before I knew it, the food started to come out, and Doojoon was already cooking the meat.

I suddenly felt a nudge on my left arm, “Eunhee, say ahhh~”

“What?” I turned my head over to see a little salad wrapped in some of the freshly cooked meat, “What are you doing?”

Kikwang grinned, “Well, what does it look like?”

I nudged his arm away and slightly laughed, “It’s okay, I can feed myself; you eat first.”

He then pouted, “But I made this wrap especially for you!”

This caught the three other guy’s attention; Doojoon and Yoseob began to snicker and wriggle their eyebrows at Kikwang in that, ‘Oh, I see what you’re doing there~’ manner. Dongwoon slightly chuckled, but then seemed as though he was trying his best to busy himself with cooking more meat. Yoseob was now encouraging me to eat it, and rambling on about how it would be a waste if I didn’t, since it was filled of ‘Kikwang’s love’. All I could do was nervously laugh at this, as the two boys looked expectedly at me.

Looking back at Kikwang, he slightly tilted his head and innocently blinked, “Please?”

After a few more seconds of him being all cutesy, I hesitantly leaned in and opened my mouth for the male. Seeing this, he cheered (along with Doojoon and Yoseob) and then happily placed the food into my mouth. I shook my head at the three overly excited boys, and continued to chew down my food. As the cheering died down, two other males suddenly showed up. One of them had dark brown slightly wavy hair, while the other one had dark hair that was swept neatly to the side and stopped just above his eyes.

“Hey, you guys are finally here!” exclaimed Yoseob.

“You really need to be more precise with your directions,” said the dark haired guy, in a slightly exasperated tone.

“What do you mean? I told you that it was right next to the flower store?” said Yoseob, with a hint of confusion in his voice.

“Exactly,” replied the same male, “There are ten different flower stores around on this street; you never really specified it properly!”

The guy huffed, but then ended up smiling and dismissing the whole thing when Yoseob pulled out his aegyo to apologize.

The male next to him then said something, (probably trying to calm down the angry guy) and unlike the irritated one, he was much calmer. Well, you could tell that he was slightly annoyed, but he was much more composed compared to the angry guy. Suddenly, his eyes then landed on me, and all of the annoyance on his face was then replaced with a puzzled expression. The grumpy guy noticed me as well, and that’s when Yoseob introduced the three of us to each other. For some reason, at the mention of my name, their eyes had quickly flickered over onto Kikwang before giving me a friendly smile.

Junhyung took the seat next to Kikwang, while Hyunseung took the seat next to Doojoon. It was a good thing that they came before we actually dug into the food. As we all talked and ate, it was weird to see that I was only a seat away from the scary idol that I would most likely be too intimidated to approach on my own. Junhyung looked really different, compared to his shaved hairstyle from before. Maybe I was just being paranoid, but Hyunseung also seemed like a pretty scary person to come up to. Aside from that, out of all of the boys on the table, I found myself picking him as the ‘prettiest’ member. There was just something about him that in a way, sort of reminded me of a prince; or even a princess.

Thinking about that, I slightly giggled to myself, which grabbed Kikwang’s attention, “What are you laughing about, huh?”

I shook my head, signaling him to not think about it, and then picked up another piece of meat.

“So,” began Kikwang, all of the sudden.

Eating the piece of beef, I then turned to face him and gave him a questioning look, “Hm?”

“So...what did you and Dongwoon get up to?” he asked, while picking on the salad in front of him.

“Nothing much.” I replied casually.

“Nothing? So...you guys didn’t do anything...at all?” asked the male, in a really weird suspicious tone.

I raised an eyebrow, “What are you implying, exactly?”

He slightly scratched the back of his neck and shuffled a bit in his seat, “Well, the two of you both looked like you had just...you know…" The way that he had emphasised on the last part had caught my full attention. He went on, "And...since you were wearing his clothes and all...” he trailed off, and then avoided my eye contact. 

For a split second, I was surprised to find out that the clothes that I was in before, belonged to the copper haired boy. But then this thought quickly escaped my mind, as my eyes widened in realization at what he was trying to say, “Yah yah yah! Why, how, I don’t— do you think we would really do THAT?!”

Kikwang slightly flinched at my outburst, and had put his hands up in defense, “Anyone would have thought of ‘that’!”

I shook my head at what I was hearing, “Honestly, you’re so crazy.”

He continued to stare at me with a somewhat anxious look, which simply told me that he didn’t pick up my answer. I sighed and then flattened my eyes, “Yes, Kikwang, me and Dongwoon totally had some hot, passionate, and wild—“

“I KNEW IT!” interrupted the male, as he threw his chopsticks onto the table.

It was a good thing that the others were so absorbed into their own conversations with one another to notice what was going on. The noise of the other elderly people around chatting had also helped covered up Kikwang’s sudden explosion.

Panic rose in me, as I frantically waved my hands at him, “I WAS JOKING! Couldn’t you tell by my sarcasm?!” I went on before he could somehow come to another absurd conclusion, “Look, just ask Dongwoon.”

And then as if on cue, the copper haired boy spoke, “Hm? I heard my name; are you guys talking about me?”

I sighed, “Can you just explain to crazy Kikwang over here, what we did back at your dorm?”

Dongwoon blinked, “What we did? Oh, well, we got wet—“

Kikwang’s jaw dropped, “YOU GUYS GOT WET?!”

That outburst earned him a slap on the arm from me. The younger male was taken aback by his elder’s response, but then quickly composed himself as a secret glint appeared in his eyes, “Oh! Oh...well...yeah,” A smirk then twitched onto his lips, “You know, afterwards, we did a little bit of this, and a little bit of that~”

When I heard that, the meat that I was chewing on, suddenly became caught into my throat. Hitting my chest a few times, I managed to swallow it, and then stare at Dongwoon wide-eyed, “What are you talking about?!”

The cheeky male titled his head to the side slightly, and pulled out his most innocent expression, “Oh, I love how you’re such an angel in front of other people, but when it’s just the two of us, you’re like this feisty—“

“Woon-ah, why are you being like this?!” I then turned to Kikwang while blushing insanely, “You know that he’s obviously lying, right?!”

Suddenly, I felt a foot lightly nudge my own foot, and I looked up at the blonde-brown haired boy on pure instant. He gave me a wink (that could have been mistaken as a twitch if you had no idea what was going on) which told me to ‘play along’, but I tightened my lips together and subtly shook my head. My face now resembled a tomato, as Dongwoon proceeded to say everything and anything in such a dirty way. No matter how I tried to weave myself away, Dongwoon would always find some twisted way to mess up my words into something so erted-sounding. By now, I was too flustered to continue eating, and Kikwang looked like he was going to rip out all of his hair.

Eventually, the younger male gave in, as he finally erupted into laughter, “Haha, I’m just kidding Hyung! Honestly!”

Kikwang heaved a faint sigh, and then nervously laughed along, “I-I knew that! I was just...playing along, you know?”

I shook my head and poked the salad with my chopstick, “Geez, it’s like you want us to ‘do it’ or something.”

“WHAT?!” questioned the bewildered dark haired male, “No, never in a million years would I want that!”

Dongwoon chuckled at his elder's behaviour, as my cheeks grew hotter at the thought of...'that' happening. Mentally slapping myself for even thinking about it, I tried to refrain myself from wanting to just hit my head repeatedly against the window next to me. I was too embarassed to look up right now, so my bangs were slightly covering my face with the way that my head was tilted downwards; my hands had suddenly become the most interesting thing I had ever seen.

"So what are we all talking about?!" said Yoseob all of the sudden.

"N-Nothing!" yelled Kikwang and me at the same time.

Yoseob cocked an eyebrow, but then shrugged it off and then started talking to Dongwoon. Kikwang was now busy speaking to Junhyung, which left me a chance to try and cool down my heated face. As the copper haird boy was talking to Yoseob, he had snuck a quick glance over at me. I could see that he was trying to hold back a laugh, and this made me pull a face at him.

"Great, thanks to him, from now on, I think I'm going to be extremely awkward at the word, 'wet'."