Just before Shock

When The Lights Go On

Who are these girls?

Why are they squealing, yet raging at us like that?

Most of all, why are they after Dongwoon? Was he a player of some sort, like in those movies where all of the girls that the player had been with, eventually got chased and attacked by?

Overall, why is this happening?!

There was just too many questions and assumptions that were popping into my head right now, that it was kind of making me dizzy. I was bursting with curiosity, but I knew that our number one priority right now was to get away. Shoving those thoughts into the back of my mind for the time being, I turned my head around slightly to see where they were, and my eyes widen, "They're gaining on us!?"

Still holding onto my hand, he pulled me into another direction, "Quick, over there!"

We swiftly turned the corner and quickly hid behind a thick pipe that was in a narrow corner-like space. I shut my eyes, and tried to slow down my breathing, yet at the same time prayed for the swarm of crazy girls to just keep running down the road. The sound of their voices gradually faded away after a while, and when I heard this, I eventually opened my eyes.

Due to the lack of space, I found myself being sandwiched between the wall and Dongwoon's body. Our bodies were moving in the same rhythm, (mine more rapidly) as we tried to gain back our breath. Looking up, I saw that our faces weren't so far apart, and he seemed to become aware of it as well. I instantly looked elsewhere when my eyes met with his, but then gradually looked up when I felt his gaze never leaving me.

Slowly, he began to lean in, and I felt my heart rate beating faster. I'm not sure if it was my imagination, but before I shut my eyes tightly out of panic, I could have sworn that there was some form of uncertainty on his face. I waited...and waited some more, only to little by little open them up again to see his finger, "There was...an eyelash on your cheek..."

Seeing the little strand on his finger made me feel so strange to think that he was going to do what I thought he was. I also felt embarrassed that a part of me wanted him to do that, which made me mentally scold myself.

Just when he was about to say something, we were interrupted by millions, and millions of raindrops rapidly falling onto us. The sudden harsh rain made us both run out of our hiding spot, as we frantically tried to search for some form of shelter. Coming to the conclusion that there wasn’t anything to sit or even stand under for a while, he snapped me out of my squirming act by grabbing my hand once again, and then proceeded into dragging me off somewhere.

“My place is close by!” he said, as he saw the questioning look on my face.

———————————————

I sat down on the couch, as Dongwoon walked off somewhere. When he came back, I noticed that he had changed out of his wet attire, and into more suitable home clothing. Suddenly, one of the towels in his hand was tossed towards me, but because of my slow reaction, it landed squarely on my face. I don’t think he seemed to notice what just happened, as he ordered me to dry my hair with it. When I pulled the cloth off of my face, he had already wondered off somewhere, and all I caught from his mumble was that he was going to get...something?

So during his short absence, (after quickly drying my hair) I took the time to observe my surrounding. The floor was wooden, and the walls were white. There were a few random pieces of clothing scattered here and there, along with some snacks there were half eaten. A cute Pikachu plush toy was spotted on the other end of the same couch that I was sitting on, and looking at it made me smile. In front of where I was sitting, was a big plasma television that sat nicely against the wall. There was the very recognizable Wii console that was positioned near the television, and I could spot the four console controls underneath the mini mountain of games that slightly covered it.   

Next to the plasma was a rack of CDs. I stood up from where I was and walked over to it, curious to see what type of music this boy liked. There were quite a few Brown Eyed Girl CDs, and they seemed to be taken with a lot of care. I remembered how Seohyun would walk around the house doing this hip-swaying dance, as she sang along to one of their songs. This thought made me snicker when I imagined a certain blonde-brown haired male doing this. As I continued to scan through the list, I noticed that ‘B2ST’ was something that came up a lot.

“B2ST? Or Beast? Beaaaast? Why does this ring a bell...?”

I was about to pick out the CD when Dongwoon’s voice startled me, making me look like a deer being spotted in front of a car’s head lights.

He laughed, “Having fun?” The laugh then turned into a nervous one as he slightly lowered his head, “Sorry that the place is kind of messy...”

Giving him a reassuring smile, I waved it off and told him that it was fine, compared to my room that looked as though a nuclear bomb had exploded in there. I didn’t know what to say to his earlier comment, so I quickly changed the subject, “I-I didn’t know you had a Wii?”

Quickly taking a glance at the game pile, I added, “And you have...Super Smash Brothers, as well?!”

He nodded, “Yeah, do you want to play?”

I gave him a shifty grin, “Is this an invitation for me to kick your ?”

He scoffed, and then playfully smirked, “You know, I’m pretty much the King of this game; I’m known as ‘Godwoon’ by my Hyungs~”

He then continued in a less cocky tone, “But before this happens, here’s a change of clothes for you.”

I shook my head and told him it was alright, but he still threw the garments at my face, and then proceeded to push me towards the bathroom. Once I was inside, he blocked the door from the outside and didn't let me come out until I had changed out of my wet clothing, as he went on and on about the possibility of me catching a cold; it was sweet how he cared.

I looked down at my body, and saw how my denim skinny jeans and grey hoodie jumper were a shade much darker, “I guess he does have a point...” I thought.

When I finished changing into the white long sleeved shirt, and the pair of black track pants, I then took a look at myself in the mirror. The pants were a bit long for me, so I had to roll them up slightly, afraid that I might end up tripping in them. Other than that, I didn't mind the bagginess of the clothing at all. When Dongwoon finally opened the door, he put a hand to his mouth when he saw me. His eyes turned into the shape of a crescent moon, and it looked like he was struggling to hide a smile or something.

I raised an eyebrow, “What? What are you laughing at?!”

Suddenly, a thought hit me, "Woon-ah, whose clothes are these...?"

He didn't answer me, but signaled me into the living room, and in front of the now white console. Seeing him press the start button and hand me the controller, had my gaming spirit pumping with confidence.

———————————————

"So what happened to kicking my , huh?" questioned the male, with a smug look on his face.

My Pikachu character had just been hit by a blue energy orb by his Lucario character, and because of the already high-level damage that I had, it had caused me to fly off the screen, earning him a point. I ignored his constant teasing, and continued to press the buttons on my remote with more pressure than before. He laughed at all of my unsuccessful attempts to thunderbolt him, which caused my eyebrows to form together into a deeper crease with every try.

I placed the controller down and then huffed, "Yah, it's been a while since I played! You probably play every day, so yeah."

He paused the game and then smirked, "Excuses, excuses. We both know that you're a sore looooser, Eunheehehe!"

"I am not a sore loser!" I lied, with another huff.

He then put down his controller and shrugged with a grin, "Whatever you say~"

Getting up from where he was, he then made his way into what looked like the kitchen, "Anyway, do you want anything to drink?"

"No, I'm fine, thank you."

The sound of the fridge opening could be heard, "Are you sure?" he called back, "Ehhh, I'll just get you some juice. Hope you like orange and mango!"

As he was doing that, I decided to turn off the game and then flick onto a random television channel.

"Beautiful my girl, oh oh girl! Oh oh girl~!"

From what I was seeing, this seemed to be a commercial for some sort of package. Flashes of six different boys were quickly shown doing all sorts of cutesy poses from the screen, as a voiceover was quickly explaining what the package was, "...And it also comes with a calendar!"

As this continued, my breath was suddenly caught in my throat, as two of the dancing boys shown on the screen looked very very VERY familiar to me. They were doing very adorable looking actions, and were singing along to the catchy song. I kept rubbing my eyes, thinking that maybe there was something wrong with them. Right at that moment, Dongwoon had entered the room with two glasses of juice, and was about to hand one of them to me, but the plasma had caught his attention. I looked at him, and then back to the copper haired boy shown dancing on the screen, and then back at him, "I-is that...?"

He looked at the television, and then back at my astonished face, "Um...surprise...?"

My jaw literally dropped, "You're an idol?!"

He sat down next to me and handed me my glass of juice, "Yep."

I eyed him carefully, and then laughed, "You're joking, right?"

He shook his head and then smiled, "Nope, I'm being serious. I'm the same Dongwoon from the group called 'BEAST'. Honestly, have you been living under a rock or something?"

I stopped my laughing when I heard that, trying to think of something else to say, while he just innocently sipped at his juice.

All of the sudden, the front door opened, and another voice interrupted the silence, "Dongwoon-ah! Are you here? We're baaaack~"

A fairly young looking male waltzed into the room, and as soon as his eyes landed on mine, he stopped on the spot and blinked. The baffled expression on his face matched my own, as we didn't know what to say or do. I wouldn't be surprised if he was staring at me strangely, due to the towel sitting on my head. Dongwoon was about to say something, but then another male walk into the room. As soon as he saw me, he stopped in his tracks and stared at me with a questioning look that matched the younger looking boy standing next to him.

I was trying to think of what to say, or more importantly, how to greet the two guys in front of me, because it's kind of rude if you just sit there and not say anything. But then another male's voice spoke from the entrance, "What are you guys doing? Why is it so quiet all of the sudden?"

"Oh my God, that voice!?"

When he eventually stepped into the room, my eyes widened even more, as I pulled the cloth off of my head, "K-Kikwang...?!"

His eyes instantly bulged into the size of a sauce pan, "...Eunhee?! What are you--?"  

I saw how his eyes traveled around the towel in my hand, and my slightly frizzy hair. He seemed to be even more confused when he eyed the garments on my body. His eyes then flickered over to the copper haired boy sitting next to me, and when he saw the towel draped around his broad shoulders, it seemed as if a million questions were going to explode from his mouth. The two other boys starred back and forth at the three of us, their expressions getting more confused by the second.

Dongwoon, who seemed to be taken aback when Kikwang said my name and almost choked on his juice, finally spoke, "You two know each other...?!"

And then as if on cue, the whole room irrupted into a mass of nonsense.