I'm Clearly The One For You (TaeTeuk)

One-shot Collection [hiatus]

Leeteuk was never the sort to usually get very aggravated. No, he really wasn’t and it took quite a lot to make him crazy.

Then again, she usually was just the right dose of craziness that always, always, drove him to the point of insanity.

Kim Taeyeon was blind, Leeteuk had decided. Blind as a bat, he mused, and lacking the echolocation a bat usually has to hear my pounding heart whenever we’re together.

Why else, he asked himself, would she be totally oblivious to his constant efforts to be near her or how madly in love with her he was? Though he had to admit, that expression of hers when she was totally confused was really cute.

Often enough, Leeteuk asked himself what on earth he was doing this for. From giving her advice on love and guys to helping her impress his hyung, he had done all he could to help her find happiness- while putting aside his own. Sometimes, his favorite dongsaeng Yoona chided him, saying that he should think of his own happiness and try to win her on his own and he occasionally pondered her words. But every time he saw her smile, her beautiful doll eyes lighting up in happiness, he knew exactly what he was doing this for.

Of course, Taeyeon was extremely appreciative of him- as a friend. But nothing he had ever done for her so far had made her look at him like she always looked at Siwon. Leeteuk usually tried not to mind it too much- after all, his hyung was a handsome guy and quite the gentleman and he was sure that Taeyeon would be quite happy with him. But sometimes, he couldn’t help but think: Damn it, open your eyes. I’m the one for you.

He was thinking just that this morning and he felt much more aggravated than usual. And when Leeteuk was in this state, he was prone to make very last minute and impulsive decisions. He then stalked down a hallway of the SM training building, muttering to himself and not even bothering to respond when Donghae and Eunhyuk greeted him.

“H-Hey Teukie, I wouldn’t go in there!” Donghae called after him when he saw him approach the door to one of the training rooms. “Taeyeon’s in there practicing!” Leeteuk simply opened the door and strode in, ignoring Donghae. “What’s with him?” asked Eunhyuk. “Dunno,” said Donghae, then took out his ringing blackberry, smiling hugely when he saw the text message. “Gotta go,” he told Eunhyuk. “Yoona says she wants to meet up and practice.”

When Leeteuk walked into the training room, he first noticed that music was blaring at high volume. Then he saw her, pale, ivory skin and pink t-shirt drenched in sweat, rosy cheeks flushed and a steel glint in those doll-like eyes. He stayed completely silent and watched her let her body flow with the rhythm of the music. Taeyeon was always most known in SNSD for having the most powerful vocals- but she wasn’t seen often in their dance routines. But as she practiced and executed dance moves, he could only stand there, awestruck by how magnificent she looked and the whole time he could only think that she was amazing when she danced no matter.

Taeyeon felt a prickle on the back of her neck, a familiar feeling of being watched intently by someone. She whipped her head around to find Leeteuk staring at her. A bit startled (and unconscious to the fact that her heartbeat just sped up) she waved and went over to him, teasing, “What have you been doing this whole time, you stalker?”

Leeteuk grinned back at her, hiding his nervousness and uncertainty behind his careless smile. “Just standing on the sidelines observing. Anyone ever tell you that you’re a goddess when you dance?” Amused by his teasing tone, Taeyeon simply waved it off and said jokingly, “You’re so lame.”

When she strode across the room to get a water bottle, she suddenly felt him standing practically right behind her. How’d he get behind me so fast? And I didn’t even notice? Taeyeon wondered but her thoughts were cut off when Leeteuk murmured, “Oh, am I?” She whirled around and stared at him, confused. “Am I so lame?” Leeteuk asked. “Oppa…?” said Taeyeon, looking at him questioningly.

“Am I so lame when I think you’re gorgeous when you dance? Am I so lame when I think you’re amazing when you sing? Am I so lame when I think you’re beautiful when you smile?” Leeteuk was getting closer and closer and Taeyeon started to feel just a bit uneasy. “Am I so lame when I see you stare after Siwon longingly and think, ‘I want to hold her in my arms tight?’?”

“O-Oppa…?” Taeyeon stuttered, doll eyes going wide, but before she could say anything or edge away, Leeteuk suddenly leaned down, taking her in his arms and kissed her. She could feel her thoughts go fuzzy and die out like a dying light bulb as she felt his firm and full lips skillfully devour hers. A small part of her wanted nothing more than to indulge, to lose herself in the passion (but it was only because he was such a damn good kisser, nothing else). But then she pictured Siwon’s face in her mind and finally found the strength to push Leeteuk away.

She could hear her heart thudding in her ears and ignored it as she faced him and asked incredulously, “Why did you do that, oppa?” His expression seemed a mixture of amusement and…she couldn’t quite believe it but…adoration? Of her? “You’re so dense, Kim Taeyeon,” he said bemusedly. “It’s because I love you.” He said it while staring straight at her, right through her eyes and into her soul. Taeyeon could feel a small tingle ripple through her...but…this wasn’t right. She was still in love with Siwon and nothing was going to change that.

“Don’t…don’t say such things,” Taeyeon said softly. Leeteuk gazed at her, confused. “Don’t just say you love me…and don’t kiss me, just like that!” she suddenly shouted, her voice climbing an octave higher and threateningly unstable. “You’re just my good friend! I…I love Siwon and you know that!” As much as Taeyeon could have denied her feelings for Leeteuk, she could not deny that cutting pain of guilt in her heart she felt as she watched his face turn to disappointment and heartbreak.

Leeteuk felt his heart splinter and slowly crack apart when he heard her say that she only saw him as a friend and that she loved Siwon. He turned his head away and muttered awkwardly, “Right. Sorry…”

As he walked away, Taeyeon was having a hard time swallowing that lump that formed in . Just as he was about to leave, Leeteuk turned around and said, “Oh um…I forgot to tell you that er…Siwon’s looking for you. Said something about a duet.” Taeyeon nodded slowly, keeping her eyes averted from his. “Oh…” was all she said.

When he closed the door and left, Taeyeon felt her legs give out from underneath her and she fell to the ground. As she did, she began to cry, unsure if it was because he had completely and utterly confused her feelings…or if it was because she was afraid of her own feelings for him.  

 

A/N: aww i'm sorry it's angsty!Taeteuk (they're still lovely together though <3) This oneshot is a beginning of a series of oneshots I dub as "Shipper Paradise"- basically random oneshot prompts involving my favorite pairings. Next pairing up is...HyoHyuk! I'll post it up relatively soon :3