Love, Oh Baby, My Girl- It's Fate [part 1] (SeoKyu)

One-shot Collection [hiatus]

Kyuhyun had never been very superstitious in his life. He thought horoscopes and stories of luck and fortune were phony, silly and a waste of time to read. His friends, especially Eunhyuk and Donghae, often about it, telling him to lighten up and have a little hope in life once in a while. But he still found it ridiculous to have stupid fantasies rather than face reality head on. He had never believed in fate. At least, not until now.

He could still remember when his viewpoint on that topic changed.

On afternoons when it was rather nice outside, Kyuhyun would grab his easel, canvas and pencils and head to a rather busy corner of Seoul. There, he would set up a stand and draw and sketch to his heart's content the sights he saw of Seoul. Sometimes, people made requests or wanted a drawing and Kyuhyun just gave it to them. No one judged him on his family background, no one questioned his motives for his actions, they appreciated him simply for his artwork- and Kyuhyun was quite the talented artist. Unfortunately, his parents didn't see his talent as others did and constantly pestered him about his afternoons at that corner, calling it a waste of time and were always trying to push him into medical school, law school or taking up the family corporation business in his future. It seemed like the only people who truly understood him were his best friends; Eunhyuk, Donghae and Ryeowook. And later, her.

It was that one particular sunny afternoon, when Kyuhyun had set his stand up and was searching for an inspiration for a sketch that he saw her. She was in a certain Korean cartoon girl costume with a head mask over her head. He watched intently as she handed yellow balloons to excited children. To this day, Kyuhyun still has no explanation why this scene and her in particular made his heart turn somersaults. As he watched her that day, it seemed as if his fingers had a will of its own and quickly made a sketch of the cartoon character. When he sat back to look over his work, he smiled.

Kyuhyun glanced up and saw the girl take off the giant cartoon head. He vaguely recognized her as a girl from his high school, a fellow classmate. He studied her as she took a break, sitting down by a nearby tree. She had long, dark, pin straight hair which even from a distance, he could tell that if he reached out and caressed it, it would be softer than fleece.  Her hair complimented her pale, oval face that had shining eyes and a small, shy smile. When she finally left, his heart was still pounding. She had completely captivated him- and Kyuhyun really had absolutely no idea why. Shaking his head, he tried to get back to his sketches but each time he tried to concentrate, her face would always reappear, that angelic face. Slowly, he began to sketch a picture of her and time seemed to end. He hadn’t even noticed how late it was until Donghae sent him a text:

“hey hyung, where r u? hurry up and get your over to my house. hyukjaes eating all the food D:<”

Kyuhyun read the text and looked up in disbelief and then checked his cell to make sure. It was 7 in the evening. Damn it, he swore. He had been here that long, dreaming and fantasizing about a girl he didn’t even know? What the hell? Maybe it’s fate… the thought started in his head but he quickly shut it down. He sighed. He had unfinished homework sitting on his desk, untouched. This wasn’t the time to dream about a girl or get wasted at a party. He thought it over for a minute and shrugged. Whatever. It’s not as if I’LL get in trouble for not doing homework. Teacher would still be worshipping at my feet even if I punched him in the face. Which he knew was the truth- and despised it. The teachers didn’t even admire him for his grades- they simply kissed the ground he walked on because his father was the single benefactor of the school. And then his peers and the girls- he didn’t even want to go into that particular topic. Sighing again, he began to pack up his things and out of nowhere began humming a tune:

Before I knew it, another day passes and my footsteps go towards home with a mind that first started with a bulky heart…”

He hadn’t even realized that he had been singing out loud until an old man passed him by and said, “Youngster, you have a great voice. Ah, if I could still sing like that…” Kyuhyun, turning bright red, mumbled a “Thanks” and hurried back to his place. If there was something he was more secretive of than his artwork, it was his singing. It was something that only his best friends knew about.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

After a tiring afternoon of volunteer work, Seohyun was quite tired. Once she got home, she changed out of her costume and simply lay in her bed until she got a text from Taeyeon-unnie:

Seohyunnie! come on, let’s go to the party already! you should have fun once in a while- and meet some boys. lets go k? I’ll be over in 15 minutes with something for you to wear ;)”

Seohyun sighed as she read the text and lay back on her bed. She wished she could be as carefree as Taeyeon-unnie- and STILL do well in school. She had to admit she was quite serious about her studies. Seohyun wasn’t even a senior yet and she already had scholarships from various universities. Her friends often, saying she should lighten up and have some fun.

Her mind suddenly wandered to that afternoon when she had saw him sitting there drawing again. Kyuhyun.  Every time she caught a glimpse of him, her breath quickened and her heart throbbed inside. She had seen him multiple times at that corner, making sketches and she had seen some of his amazing artwork and his content face when he drew. It just showed how different he was when he wasn’t surrounded by admirers or teachers. Seohyun ached to know more about this mysterious boy, knew that there was something deeper to him than most others thought. Seohyun began to sing softly a tune she had heard on the radio recently:

"With the mind that first fluttered at the bulky hope, I'm curious about tomorrow that I can't know, even if there is harsh and hard work, I can endure it to not be shy..."

It was just her luck though, that he probably had no idea of her existence, Seohyun thought as she exhaled in slight frustration. Suddenly, she felt aggravated and the need to make a split-second decision- which wasn’t like her. She decided to go with Taeyeon-unnie to the party- after all, she could use some time away from studies and maybe…just maybe. There was this slightest chance…oh well, she thought. At least I might be able to meet some other guys. Seohyun heard Taeyeon call outside the apartment and hurried to answer the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He dumped his things at his house, changed his clothes and then ran to Donghae’s apartment where he was greeted by a slightly drunk Eunhyuk singing seriously off-key (“My eyes are filled with shining stars; even the light burning in my heart”). “Easy up there, Hyukjae!” called a voice. “Barfing all over Hyoyeon isn’t exactly going to score you a date with her.” Donghae laughed as Eunhyuk glared at him and staggered away.

“So…the rich, uptight, smartass boy finally decided to show up, eh?” Donghae joked as he shuffled Kyuhyun in. “Where the heck were you anyway?” Donghae glanced at Kyuhyun, who seemed to have a dazed look on his face. “Oh…right. You were there. Right, well, help yourself to whatever. Just beware of Hyukjae…he’s kind of had too much of his fill.” Donghae chuckled and then went to dance with a certain girl with the nicest smile and great moves.

Kyuhyun took a cup and filled it with booze. He reclined on the couch and thought to himself: Is this worth living for? Getting kissed up to by teachers and students and then partying till I drop? Where the hell is my purpose in life? He was just about to take a sip- and nearly choked himself doing so. I’m hallucinating... he thought to himself and then reasoned: I haven’t even taken a sip yet. This is real. He SAW her, in a modest but very pretty pale dress, clinging nervously to her small group of friends, the leader Kyuhyun recognized as Taeyeon. Wait. What on earth was she doing here? “Aish…my head hurts.”

 

A/N: hey everyone! this mini-series was originally supposed to be a seokyu oneshot but it got extended too long haha xD

update! i shall be continuing my seokyu series a little after this week :D but...

i'm deciding whether or not to put my LJ account on hiatus for a while. i dont really get comments on my fics like i used to anymore and i feel like there really is no point in posting them there if no one is really reading them. not sure if it's cause my writing , or no one's interested...? i'm sure you guys know that comments really fuel fanfic writers to write more/do better. yeah. mianhe, everyone.

plus, there isn't much going on in the fanfic community (at least, in my point of view, the ones that i watch/post in) it's likely that from now on, i won't be posting in LJ for a while except for the occasional yoonhae fanfic =/ my decision isn't final yet- i've still got a lot to think about. don't worry, i'll still definitely update here on AFF and i love each and every one of my lovely subscribers :]

ANYWAY. hope you seokyu fans like it ^^ the other parts should be posted soon! hwaiting :D