Of Angels and y Devils [part 2] (Kyuhyun/OC) [request by itssasa]

One-shot Collection [hiatus]

Warning: May contain some adult content /language that may be inappropriate for younger readers

Kyuhyun and Ara’s newly declared truce was something that came as quite a surprise to their classmates. Expecting constant bickering and fighting, they were instead greeted with the very strange scene of Kyuhyun casually talking- just talking, not even quite flirting- with Ara. They also noticed that they went everywhere with each other and it wasn’t long before rumors began to spread like a virus throughout the school.

Kyuhyun was walking in the hallway when he spied his favorite person reading notices that were up on the board. Sneaking up on her from the back, he put his hands on the wall so that his arms and body trapped Ara in between him and the wall.

“Good morning, beautiful,” he said cheerfully, leaning in to kiss her ear. At first, Ara flinched but when she saw it was Kyuhyun, her expression turned into one of her suppressing laughter and trying to look serious and annoyed. “Yah, stop that,” she scolded him lightheartedly.

“But what if I don’t want to?” Kyuhyun pouted. Ara gazed at him triumphantly and declared, “Too bad. Your loss.”

“You’re unfair, Ara.”

“Whoever said life was fair?” Ara countered, sticking her tongue out at him. God, her expression is so cute, Kyuhyun thought. She’s beautiful, she’s an amazing angel…I…I just want to kiss her…

Suddenly, Kyuhyun found himself leaning extremely close to her, so much that she was now backed up against the wall. Their hearts thumped in unison as their faces were only a few inches apart. They both blushed heavily and Kyuhyun realized the situation he had just put her in. Just when he was about to apologize and back away from her, he heard a loud voice yell, “Kyu!!”

Sungmin approached him from the back and pushed him hard into the wall. “Yah you lazy bum, what are you doing here- class is about to start!” He took a closer look and, eyes widening, realized what he had done. Sungmin’s shove had been enough to crush both Kyuhyun and Ara into each other against the wall and, at the same time, press their mouths together into a deep kiss.

Kyuhyun’s first reaction was to break apart immediately, since he knew Ara would be uncomfortable- but his urge to stay and devour her lips proved to be much too strong. Surprisingly, Ara lingered in her position longer than he had expected before she squirmed and they immediately broke apart.

They stood there for another few awkward seconds, looking anywhere but at each other, until Sungmin broke the silence and suggested, “Ah…should we, uh…go to class?"

“Yes, let’s!” Both of them nearly shouted in unison. They glanced at each other, blushed once again and followed Sungmin, who was trying his hardest not to snicker, back to class. All three of them had been unaware of a shadowy figure of a person who had been hiding in another hallway and observed the entire scene.

 

 

Ara stepped out into the courtyard, a gentle breeze tousling her hair slightly. Once again, she touched her lips as she had been doing all day. Her heart hammered against her chest and she shook her head and walked on.

Absentmindedly, her fingers grazed the small scab wound by her arm. For the past few days, someone had been playing tricks on her. First it had been little things- messing around with her things by her desk and slipping a staple into her gym clothes. Today  however, she had opened her notebook to find that all her notes had been blotted out by huge splashes of ink that stained many pages. Ara had mostly paid it no mind.  

Just as she rounded to one side of the school, she heard footsteps approach her from behind. Ara turned around and saw a large group of girls standing in her way.

When she tried to say, “Excuse me” and pass around them, they shifted and continued to block her way. She then noticed that all of them were glaring at her. One of them, Sukyung, stepped forward towards her.

“So, ,” Sukyung spat at her. “What have you been doing getting so friendly with Kyu-baby?” Ara said nothing, only giving her a bored and somewhat condescending look. “Well? Answer you !”

“I didn’t know you automatically decided who could be friends with him.”

“Shut the up- Sohee says she saw you sticking your tongue down his throat…”

“Well if you want someone to blame, go gang up on Sungmin. And I could say the same for you- wonder what ‘Kyu-Baby’ would think if he knew you and Chansung-sunbaenim were getting down and dirty on the floor of the gym the other day?”

Sukyung’s face reddened and she said, “Very cheeky, . Now we’ll let you go when you promise to stay the hell away from our Kyuhyun.”

Ara stepped closer to her, towering over the petite girl and said, “Kyuhyun is a free person. He’s not yours, he’s not mine,  he’s not anybody’s. Who the hell are you to say who he can hang out with? And these people- did Sukyung forget her leashes or whatever because you really are a bunch of mindless female es.”

There was an eerie quietness before Sukyung barked, “Well? What are you standing around for? She just called you all es! Hold her down- we’re going to teach this a lesson.” Several girls approached Ara and she managed to knock a few of them away before Sohee and Jungah managed to hold her down and pin her arms. The other girls immediately pounced her and started pulling her hair and beating her.

“This…will really teach you not to screw around with us,” Sukyung said, a menacing tone oozing from her voice as she revealed a very shiny and very sharp knife.

Before Ara could shout or scream, someone shouted, “HEY!” Kyuhyun stepped out from behind a wall.

The group of girls turned around and gasped, humiliation, fear and guilt written all over their faces. “I’m giving you 30 seconds for all you to get the hell out of here before I report all of you to the superintendent and have you suspended.” Most of them immediately took off without opposition. Ara stared at him in shock and for a second, Kyuhyun was amazed as well- he had never spoke in such a direct and commanding tone in front of his peers in school ever before.

Sukyung threw the knife to the side and tried to approach him. “Kyu…Kyu, it’s not like this, really…” she said in a pitiful tone. “Get lost Sukyung,” he growled, his voice full of loathing. “You absolutely disgust me. Don’t come near me ever again.” Startled and ashamed, Sukyung left hurriedly without a word.

Kyuhyun immediately rushed to Ara’s side and helped her up. “Are you alright, Ara-ssi?” he asked her gently. Overall, she wasn’t in bad condition, just some scratches and faint bruises.

She refused to look at him. “Ara-ssi?”

“…Why did you come? You didn’t have to help me. I’m fine, I could have taken care of them on my own…” Ara said in a quiet voice.

There was a silence.

“Are you secretly some sort of karate master? Are you really that strong?” Kyuhyun’s words began slipping out faster than he anticipated. He grabbed her shoulders and shouted, “What the hell were you thinking?! You’re only one girl for God’s sake, going up against ten other girls, one of them who had a knife with her!”

Ara, indignant, retorted, “This has nothing to do with whether or not I’m a girl! What was I supposed to do, let them boss me around like that…?!“

“No, but you could have yelled for help! There are guards around the school, Ara! What the hell is your problem?! Why can’ you just learn to accept people’s help? Then you wouldn’t have had to do such a damn fool thing like egg them on and then get yourself…” Kyuhyun stopped himself and ran his hand through his hair in frustration.

“…I don’t understand why you’re so angry, Kyuhyun. I also don’t understand what I did that was wrong. I’m not going to apologize for something that is irrational and makes no sense. I was just defending myself, what the hell is your problem with that?!”

 She stomped off, intent on heading home by herself without Kyuhyun’s help…but stopped when she realized she was totally unfamiliar with the route.

Kyuhyun watched as she turned frantically, and tried to suppress a chuckle. Finally, she walked back towards him, an (adorable) pout on her face.

“Want me to walk with you back home?” he asked her, snickering a bit.

“Yes,” she grumbled.

Apparently, Ara’s house was not that far away- she just didn’t know the way home because normally her butler took her home and she always fell asleep in the car during the trip. She lived in a nicely furnished apartment which was a separate complex from the lavish main house.

When Kyuhyun walked her to the door, he asked, “Ready to apologize yet?”

Ara’s answer was short and to the point. “No.” With that, she let herself into the apartment and slammed the door in his face.

 

 

Kyuhyun opened his eyes and stared at his digital clock, which read “12:50 PM.” He yawned and reached for his phone. He opened and saw that she still hadn’t texted him back yet. After getting up and throwing on a t-shirt, jeans and a hoodie, he went downstairs and observed that his dad wasn’t home, as usual. After chugging down some milk, he decided to head outside.

The clouds were covering up the sun, making the atmosphere gray and slightly gloomy, yet Kyuhyun liked this weather. After walking around for about an hour, he was just about to call it a day and go back home when a familiar figure caught his eye. It was Ara, with an armful of groceries, undoubtedly walking back home. Kyuhyun paused for a moment, then shrugged and continued walking on.

 

 

Ara sighed as she felt her phone vibrate once again. It wasn’t like she didn’t want to reply to any of his texts…she was just afraid he would never understand. And when he didn’t understand, he would leave her. Like everyone else usually did. 

One of the maids came over and said, “Miss Ara, you have a guest waiting in the parlor room.” Ara nodded to the maid and went over to the room. Upon entering, she was met  with the sight of the last person she ever wanted to see, someone she thought she had managed to escape a while ago.

He grinned devilishly and said in Japanese, “Well, well, Ara. Long time no see.”

“H-Haru…” she stuttered and her words faltered.

“I see you’re still as afraid of me as ever. Did you miss me? Did you think you could run away from me by moving to another country?

Her knees shaking, Ara kept quiet. Haru chuckled almost evilly and stood up from the couch. He walked over to her and brushed her cheek lightly, very amused at how much she was trembling. He said, “I’ve arranged it so that all your maids and your butler are currently at the main house. Nobody will hear you. Now you can come quietly with me or…well babe, you know how things get when they don’t go according to my plan…”

Suddenly, he was holding his smarting cheek, a shocked and furious expression on his face. “Stay the hell away from me, Haru,” Ara growled, instinctively crouching into a defensive stance. “I was afraid, and because I was afraid, you used me. Because I was afraid, I ran away to Korea, hoping you wouldn’t find me. But now I see that running away isn’t an option anymore- and I’ll do anything to fight back.”

With that being said, she immediately kicked him, harder than she had kicked Kyuhyun, in the pelvic area. He screeched in pain and crumpled to the floor. Ara immediately dashed to the kitchen and prepared herself.

When  Haru finally got up and limped over to the kitchen, seething with rage, Ara was ready and waiting for him- with a frying pan in hand. As soon as he came close, she whipped out the pan and smacked him full on in the face with it. Ara had to bite back her tongue from laughing at how ridiculous his expression was as he fell to the ground.

Ara waited a few moments as she caught her breath and made sure he was really down. Then she sighed hugely and crossed over him to reach the phone. As she did, a hand shot out, grabbed her ankle and yanked her down. Her elbow smashed against the edge of the table, causing fiery pain to blur her thinking and bring tears to her eyes.

“You ing little ,” he swore, pinning her down to the ground. “Now I’ll really show you who’s boss.” He began to rip open the shirt she was wearing and through the haze of pain, Ara became steadily aware of it. No…no!! “No!!” she screamed, but he slapped her right across the face. “Shut the up- I’m gonna make it so you’ll regret ever ing around with me…”

Ara squirmed and tried to claw at him, but he was still too strong for her- like he always had been. Just when all hope seemed to be lost, she heard footsteps approach, as well as the sound of someone getting punched repeatedly. She looked up and gasped. Kyuhyun had thrown a near unconscious Haru to the side and came to her to help her up. “Kyuhyun…” she whispered.

“I…I think I get it now,” he murmured. “You’ve been hiding, running all your life…you just wanted to prove that you did have courage and that you could fight back…is that it, Ara?” He gazed at her and smiled. Tears welling up in her eyes, she wordlessly fell into his arms and he embraced her, her hair.

The other boy began to stir and Kyuhyun told her, “Ara- go call the police. I’ll make sure that er stays down.”

 

 

After the police had left with Haru, it started pouring and Ara suggested Kyuhyun stay over. As she prepared some hot chocolate, Kyuhyun told her how he had tailed her home and got the maids from the main house to let him into her apartment.

Ara, embarrassed, looked away and said, “…Thank you for saving me, Kyuhyun. You were right- I was just one weak girl up against him- he who always won in the end…I should have known I didn’t have the strength to take him on…sorry for not listening to you.”

“Hey, hey, don’t beat yourself up over that. I should apologize for some of the stuff I said yesterday too. And you have to admit, you beating him with a frying pan was pretty epic.” He grinned and she smiled as well. When she turned back to tend to the hot water, Kyuhyun continued to stare at her and just how much she longed for her. And it came to him- he’s been looking for someone like her his whole life.

“I like you…” The words just tumbled out of his mouth, as usual, but this time, Kyuhyun didn’t want to take them back. Ara stood completely still, back still towards him. “I love you actually- you’re the one person I’ve been longing for all this time. You’re a smart-, you won’t take crap from anybody- but you’re also beautiful, kind and willing to be accepting. You’re not a kiss up and I admire that about you as well. I love you and I don’t think I can stand being without you.”

Ara finally turned around, her clear, misty eyes b with tears. “I…like you too, Kyuhyun…” she stammered. “I know you think I thought you were annoying, but you were the first one…to ever compliment me before even getting to know me. I liked how straightforward you were and…”

Kyuhyun chuckled softly and pressed his finger to her lips. “Ara…say it again.”

She swallowed and hesitantly said, “I…I love you, Kyuhyun.”

He only grinned, cupped her face and kissed her.

Slowly, the kiss turned into a competition of whose tongue could keep dominance. While he kept busy, Kyuhyun ran his fingers up and down her bare arms, sending chills down Ara’s spine. He leaned down lower to plant little butterfly kisses on her neck and his hands impatiently tugged at her shirt.

“When you were in Japan…did he ever…?”

“No,” Ara replied, lightly biting his ear. “Most of the time, he just hit me. He did come close one time.”

“Son of a . Are you scared…?”

“Truthfully…no. Not this time.”

“Then be mine…tonight.”

Ara smirked just somewhat playfully, mischief dancing in her clear mysterious eyes and led him to her room.

 

-A few years later-

 

“…Thanks. I love you too, Mom. Stay safe. Bye.” Ara pressed the end call button on her phone, sighed and fell back into the bed again. His warm arms s around her thin, body under the sheets.

“Are your relatives okay?” Kyuhyun murmured sleepily, kissing her on the cheek.

“Yeah, I guess…one of my uncles is missing, but otherwise, most of them are okay,” Ara said shakily, then burrowed her face into his chest.

“Beautiful…it’s going to be alright.” He wiped a tear from her eye and smiled at her. “I’ve talked to some people from abroad- they’re going to be participating in a relief fund.”

“Speaking of which…what are you doing skipping out on a board meeting?”

“I think I’ve got my priorities set straighter than my associates think.” He smirked at her and said, “Well…I’ve got you now.”

Ara returned the mischievous smile and said, “Get over here you greedy bastard.”

Kyuhyun responded by devouring her lips and they started once more on the cycle of passion, pleasure and absolute loving.

 

@itssasa this is the last part. didja like it? ^^

UPDATE! hey everyone! hopefully i'll be adopting a more normal posting schedule since schoolwork doesn't seem to be too pressing at the moment. this time i mean it- my other fic will be updating soon! for real! xDDD

anyway, kamsahamida all my lovely subscribers/readers <3 hwaiting~~~

as of 3-27-11, i've hit the 50 subscriber mark <333 thank you so so so sooooo muchhh everyone, this wouldnt have been possible without you guys. kamsahamida for all your lovely and awesomesauce comments. saranghae <3 ^o^

also, as of today, i am closing the oneshot request system temporarily. i've got to actually finish some of the other requests here and i don't want to disappoint any of you when you request a oneshot and it accidentally ends up never being written! :[ but never fear! once i've gotten the current requests done + updated Two Hearts- Maknae, Saranghaeyo, then i'll decide when to open the request system again. so please hold your requests for a while because i won't be accepting anymore for some time. mianhe everyone D: