A Lucky Wife

It Started With A Mistake

Pick your choice of song :)

 

~●♥●~

 

WooYoung and MinYoung walked hand-in-hand on their way to a store called “Babyland” at the mall. When they entered the store, they were greeted by a pregnant saleslady.

 

“Good morning! How may I help you?” the lady asked cheerfully.

“Uhmm. We’ll just look around for a while,” MinYoung said.

“Well then, if there’s anything you need, please do call me,” the lady said before she disappeared into the back door of the store.

“She looks like she’s about to give birth,” MinYoung said.

“I know. Should she be working right now?” WooYoung wondered out loud.

“Well, if she’s about to give birth then she shouldn’t be doing too much work or she might lose the baby,” she said slowly as she stared at the door where the lady disappeared.

“Come on, let’s look around,” he pulled her by her hand.

 

While the couple looked around, a pair of pink shoes caught MinYoung’s attention. She took it by hand and looked closely into it.

“You think our daughter will love pink?” WooYoung asked from her back.

“I don’t know. Why do you ask?” she continued eyeing the shoes.

“Because I know a girl whose room was decorated in pink but her favorite colors are blue and lavender,” he said softly while he looked at the pink shoes.

 

“He still remembers?” MinYoung thought.

 

Flashback

 

A young WooYoung lay lazily on MinYoung’s bed.

 

“Get off my bed!” MinYoung hit him with a pillow. WooYoung got off.

“You’re one weird person,” he said. MinYoung had her eyebrows knitted together.

“You have your room in pinks and whites but your favorite colors are blue and lavender,” he said.

“Why do you care?” she stuck her tongue out at him.

“I don’t know. You’re just.. Weird,” he teased. MinYoung hit him with a pillow again.

 

End of Flashback

 

As if he just read her thoughts, “I still remember, you know?” he said. MinYoung softened. She turned around to face him.

“Why do you remember the smallest things about me?” she asked, curious.

“I guess it’s because I find those things not small. It’s a part of who you are: the foods you like, the colors you love, the people you prefer to be with, etc. Those are important things,” he said.

 

WooYoung started to lean in. MinYoung didn’t know what to do and was already in a state of panic.

 

“He’s getting near!” MinYoung thought.

“Do something! Quick!” she scolded herself.

 

Not sure of what she has to do, MinYoung turned her face to the side making WooYoung stop. He looked at her face and saw that she had her eyes tightly closed and her cheeks were pink. He chuckled.

 

“She’s embarrassed. How cute,” WooYoung thought.

 

”I’ll go look for cribs,” he told her. WooYoung left her with her eyes tightly shut.

 

When she felt WooYoung already left, MinYoung slowly opened her eyes.

“What has gotten into me?” she asked herself while she fanned her face.

 

MinYoung went to the opposite direction to look for the baby’s diaper changing section. While she walked around, the saleslady came out of the door with an armful of boxes stacked together that practically covered her view of her way. Suddenly, the top box wobbled. The lady tried to balance the boxes but then the boxes came crashing down to the floor. MinYoung saw her and started helping her place everything back on the boxes.

 

“It’s alright, ma’am. I can handle this. Plus, you’re pregnant,” the saleslady told MinYoung.

“And you’re pregnant as well. You look like you’re on your due soon. You shouldn’t be carrying these boxes,” MinYoung told her.

“If I don’t work then I don’t have anything to feed my baby,” the lady told her. MinYoung stopped picking up the stuff and looked at the lady.

 

“Hey, what happened here?” WooYoung asked once he saw them kneeling on the floor picking up the things that fell from the boxes.

“She dropped the boxes. I was trying to help her,” MinYoung told him.

“Here, let me do it. You can arrange these on the counter top,” he said as he hurriedly placed everything on the boxes and carried it on the counter top. MinYoung helped the lady stand up.

“I’m Shin.. I’m Jang MinYoung,” MinYoung extended her hand.

“My name’s Lee EunHa. You’re the new president of Shin Corporation?” the lady said when she shook MinYoung’s hand. MinYoung gave a small nod.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, ma’am,” EunHa bowed.

 

“I’ll list down the things we’ll need so that we could place them in order already,” WooYoung told MinYoung once he placed the boxes on top of the counter.

“Do you need my help?” MinYoung asked. WooYoung shook his head.

“I’ll handle this. This will be a project of mine,” he winked at her before he left the two girls.

 

“You know Mrs. Jang, you’re one lucky wife,” EunHa told her. MinYoung was taken aback when she called her by WooYoung’s surname.

“Lucky? Why do you say so?” MinYoung asked, intrigued.

“You have a husband like Mr. Jang. I don’t know either of you personally but it seems like Mr. Jang really loves you so much,” EunHa gave a small smile.

“E-excuse me?” MinYoung was surprised.

“Call me crazy but I could see the sparks in Mr. Jang’s eyes when he looked at you. I’m sure you noticed how much he cared for you when he saw you on the floor with me picking up things,” EunHa continued.

“He was just concerned because you’re pregnant as well and that you shouldn’t be working too much,” MinYoung said.

“But he doesn’t know why I am. So most probably he was much more concerned to see you on the floor than rather seeing me,” EunHa said.

“Why can you see these kinds of things?” MinYoung asked.

“Because those sparks were similar to the once I saw in my ex-husband’s eyes when we were together,” EunHa said without thinking twice.

“Ex-husband?” MinYoung felt sad for EunHa.

“I learned that were having a baby when I was two months pregnant. I told him about it but he said that the baby is not his and accused me of having someone else’s baby,” EunHa told her.

“That’s why I need to work for the baby,” she added.

“I’m sorry for that,” MinYoung patted her shoulder.

“It’s alright, Mrs. Jang. I have gotten over it,” EunHa said.

 

“Alright! I’m done!” WooYoung announced when he stepped beside MinYoung. WooYoung handed a piece of paper to EunHa.

“I have listed everything that we need and our address where you’ll be sending the stuff for the baby,” WooYoung told her.

“What were the things that you picked?” MinYoung asked.

“It’s a secret,” WooYoung said.

“What?” MinYoung was clueless.

“It’ll be a surprise,” WooYoung smiled. “Come on, let’s find you some strawberry shortcake,” he added. MinYoung’s eyes lit up.

“I’m sorry, but we have to go,” MinYoung told EunHa.

“It’s okay Mrs. Jang,” EunHa smiled.

 

“Mrs. Jang? She introduced herself as Mrs. Jang?” WooYoung was very happy.

 

“Let’s go?” he asked while he held her hand. MinYoung nodded.

 

Once they stepped out of the store, WooYoung remembered something.

 

“Shoot!” he exclaimed.

“Why? What’s wrong?” MinYoung asked.

“I forgot to include something on the list!” he said.

“What is it?” she asked again.

“I’ll be back! I promise!” he said and ran back inside Babyland while MinYoung waited outside.

 

While MinYoung looked around the mall, she spotted a familiar figure, not far from where she was standing.

 

“HaRin-ah?!” MinYoung called.

“Unnie?” HaRin asked..

“HaRin-ah!” MinYoung waved her hand. HaRin ran to MinYoung and hugged her tight.

“What are you doing here?” HaRin asked.

 

“Alright, I’m done. We can go..” WooYoung stopped when he saw HaRin beside MinYoung. HaRin saw WooYoung and gave a 90 degrees bow.

“Good morning, Mr. President,” she greeted him.

 

~●♥●~